IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Pikes Peak or Bust?

Coconut Flan

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new wedding photos up on the duggar website, carlin and sierra were both bridesmaids. huge wedding party!

Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 3.13.19 AM.png

edit: it appears that the time it took for my post to upload, I was beaten to it. I blame australia's appallingly slow internet speeds. pray for us, and that our nation's headship with deign to provide its helpmeets (citizens) with speeds that actually rival dial-up for a change.

In NY only 1 witness is required. 

We did both civil ceremony and a year later a church wedding. I wanted my brother as my witness, and we had my husband's sister in law as the second, as his sister did not want to be one in the church (she is anti church). I told my husband I wouldnt care if we had 2 males, so he could have his brother, but he went with everyone that we had to have one of each gender.

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I had three - sister, brother, and a friend. If I did it over, I'd go with just my siblings. That friend and I no longer talk at all and had a big falling out. Still love my wedding though and I'm still glad she was there for it because she was a big part of my life up until last summer.

If I could choose my kids godparents again, I would stick to family only. Friends come and go and definitely lose interest. You're kinda stuck with family!

I have a client who's sister is 6 years younger then her and 11 years younger then their older sister. I saw her wedding photos. She had both of her sisters in her wedding party as well as their children. (6 in total). I thought it was really sweet that she wanted to include her sisters. 

Sounds similar to my boat. My closest sibling is 13 years older (we haven't spoken in a decade) and my brothers are both 25 years older than me.

11 minutes ago, Jaeniduggar said:

Bridal party at the Forsyth wedding

You almost can't see the bride in between all that people... 

7 minutes ago, Irishy said:

If I could choose my kids godparents again, I would stick to family only. Friends come and go and definitely lose interest. You're kinda stuck with family!

This is how we would do Godparents. We aren't having our daughter baptized though. 

10 minutes ago, ladybug15 said:

In NY only 1 witness is required. 

We did both civil ceremony and a year later a church wedding. I wanted my brother as my witness, and we had my husband's sister in law as the second, as his sister did not want to be one in the church (she is anti church). I told my husband I wouldnt care if we had 2 males, so he could have his brother, but he went with everyone that we had to have one of each gender.

We didn't need witnesses when we married two years ago in Connecticut. Just needed someone certified to marry us and the license. I kept telling Mr. Raptor we should just elope, but homeboy wanted his moment to shine. :pb_lol:

3 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

One photo has 12 bridesmaids the other has 13??? Is that a Paine brother  between Heidi and Kendra?

it looks like the 'extra' bridesaid has dark hair and lace sleeves - I'm betting that she wasn't a legit bridesmaid but was a child wrangler/usher or similar. Dressing the wedding colours but her dress doesn't match perfectly - though with such a squishy photo it's hard to tell.

4 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

You almost can't see the bride in between all that people... 

at first, I saw that and rolled my eyes, but then I had this beautiful mental image of a bunch of teens at a prom having the time of their lives and someone shouts 'group picture!' so they all haphazardly jump in together with little planning and get a photo taken that is rushed and not the best but it's okay because they get to rejoin the party...

...sad that it's a wedding and not a prom.

Sierra and Johanna are wearing the same shoes. Also why are all the guys wearing the same shoes but no one can agree on a color for the girls shoes? I don't get that. At least have it be in the same tone.

10 minutes ago, Irishy said:

My parents stuck to only family.  Sadly, sometimes your family turn out to be complete nutters, which is why my crazy aunt (who is essentially a non-fundie  but still VERY religious clone of  Jill Rodrigues) is my godmother.  I WISH she would lose interest, but it looks like I'm stuck.  At every major life event so far, she's made a big speech on about how proud she is of me serving "Jeeeeesus", for every holiday she buys me the sort of religious knick knacks that fill the Rod home (which I LOATHE), and she's VERY sensitive and volatile, so I am under strict orders to just grin and bear it.  Bonus: she also refuses to communicate with me directly and instead goes through my parents since I am unmarried.  I'm pushing 30 and have been a homeowner for 5 years!  How is that not FULL ADULT status?!?  

Anyways, the benefit to non-familial godparents is if they go nuts, you can kick them out.  With family, you're stuck.  

7 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Sierra and Johanna are wearing the same shoes. Also why are all the guys wearing the same shoes but no one can agree on a color for the girls shoes? I don't get that. At least have it be in the same tone.

it might've been of those situations where the bride organises and orders everyone's dresses and just says 'shoes are whatever you want'.? I've known some brides who've done that.

@VineHeart137 i think she's Austin's cousin... i found who i asume is his aunt on fb (Rachael forsyth tunstill) and it's her daughter... i think she's the cutest little girl!

Just now, Georgiana said:

Bonus: she also refuses to communicate with me directly and instead goes through my parents since I am unmarried.  I'm pushing 30 and have been a homeowner for 5 years!  How is that not FULL ADULT status?!?  

Anyways, the benefit to non-familial godparents is if they go nuts, you can kick them out.  With family, you're stuck.  

When I was still single, I had relatives who sent everything like birthday cards and such to my parents' house. I lived an hour away where I worked and had my own life. 

One cousin did not send my brother and I our own invitations to her wedding. We were included on my parents' invitation on the inside envelope, our names under theirs as if we were minor children. I was 29 and my brother was 35 when she got married. Neither of us lived with our parents. So we didn't go. When asked why not, we both told people we had not been invited. Because, really, we weren't. 

Jana's shoes are the ones that stick out to me because of the color, definitely my favorite

12 minutes ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

it might've been of those situations where the bride organises and orders everyone's dresses and just says 'shoes are whatever you want'.? I've known some brides who've done that.

Present!

Only decisions I made for my Bridesmaids were the color (cobalt) and fabric (chiffon) of their dresses. They picked everything else - dress style (different, but both with straps), dress length (long), hair (both had their hair pulled back), makeup, accessories, and shoes. Their shoes were different styles and colors, and they wore different jewelry too. Everything looked great, they were comfortable, and their personal styles really came through nicely. So all-around win.

I like Carlins shoes the most. I like the color and that they were simple.

21 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

@VineHeart137 i think she's Austin's cousin... i found who i asume is his aunt on fb (Rachael forsyth tunstill) and it's her daughter... i think she's the cutest little girl!

Thank you! Yes it looks like that's her. She is very cute.

But now how are people going to snark on Josie for getting "special treatment"??

So many bridesmaids! Okay, so Carlin and Sierra were in the wedding party.

WTH is pregnant Anna on her knees couldn't Kendra or the other blonde swapped places with her?  Either Joy is REALLY short, or Hannie, in her heals is as tall as Joy now.  Do we know if Joy wore shoes yet or not? 

2 hours ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

it looks like the 'extra' bridesaid has dark hair and lace sleeves - I'm betting that she wasn't a legit bridesmaid but was a child wrangler/usher or similar. Dressing the wedding colours but her dress doesn't match perfectly - though with such a squishy photo it's hard to tell.

She's holding a basket so I'm guessing she handed out programs or something.  If the men rented their suits, they might have rented shoes too.

I was a bridesmaid for my cousin 33 years ago.  She and her husband are still in touch with all of their wedding party family and otherwise, aside from one SIL who passed away a few years ago.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived