IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

I keep thinking about Ken's post yesterday and am still just speechless that he and Lori want to minimize the words and teachings of Jesus over those of Paul. 

The books that they want to live by are mainly letters written by Paul to certain churches in specific cities or to specific people (I.e. Timothy and Titus). They were written to address very specific issues based on news that had reached Paul while he was traveling, most likely on one of his missionary journeys, or while he was in prison. I have to wonder if they prefer to prioritize these words because they are actually very similar to living under a law, at least the way Ken and Lori present them. They can offer a very legalistic and dogmatic way of presenting Christianity - right up Lori's alley - depending on interpretation. 

The gospels, however, present the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus and give very specific examples of how He interacted with people of all classes and all ages. "If you want to know the rules of Paul - read the epistles. If you want to know the life of Christ and how to live a Christian life day to day, read the gospels." That is what our Bible professors often told us in my evil university classes. All our important and I have NEVER heard of anybody ranking the Bible like Ken has done, placing the gospels at the low end of importance. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the sheer arrogance of LoriKen that they , as christians, actually think they know better than Christ!

I am a SEVERELY lapsed catholic, and don't really have a spiritual belief. But I would think that the words of the founder of your faith were more important than those of a follower who never actually met him. :confused:

26 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

The books that they want to live by are mainly letters written by Paul to certain churches in specific cities or to specific people (I.e. Timothy and Titus).

That's really funny since those books were very likely not written by Paul, but by someone a century or two after he died. 

1 minute ago, Coconut Flan said:

That's really funny since those books were very likely not written by Paul, but by someone a century or two after he died. 

I'm glad to defer to your knowledge on that since it has been a couple decades since I was involved in any in depth study of these things. 

13 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I'm glad to defer to your knowledge on that since it has been a couple decades since I was involved in any in depth study of these things. 

I'm currently reading a book about forgeries in the New Testament.  :GPn0zNK:

26 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

It's the sheer arrogance of LoriKen that they , as christians, actually think they know better than Christ!

I am a SEVERELY lapsed catholic, and don't really have a spiritual belief. But I would think that the words of the founder of your faith were more important than those of a follower who never actually met him. :confused:

Also, the Old Testament has many prophesies about Christ - his birth and how he would die. I don't recall any mention of Paul in any of the major or minor prophets. Anybody know of some?

Ken and Lori like to assign importance based on how often something is mentioned in the Bible. The fact that the messiah was foretold in the Old Testament should only emphasize His importance to the Christian faith; that is if Ken and Lori were consistent in their teachings. 

All this new wacky teaching just makes me think AGAIN that Lori is on her way to creating her own church like we have discussed before. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Also, the Old Testament has many prophesies about Christ - his birth and how he would die. I don't recall any mention of Paul in any of the major or minor prophets. Anybody know of some?

Ken and Lori like to assign importance based on how often something is mentioned in the Bible. The fact that the messiah was foretold in the Old Testament should only emphasize His importance to the Christian faith; that is if Ken and Lori were consistent in their teachings. 

All this new wacky teaching just makes me think AGAIN that Lori is on her way to creating her own church like we have discussed before. 

I am super baffled by this also. Former fundie Christian, but isn't it the belief of Christian that Jesus was God? The first two commandments say to have no other gods or idols before God. If Paul's words are more important than Jesus, then wouldn't that be putting Paul over God? So are they not making Paul an idol then and breaking the first commandments? I've heard many strange beliefs from Christians, but saying Paul's words are more important than the words of Jesus is a first. I guarantee 99% of Christians would drop their jaws hearing that. Since the term Christian literally means a follower of Christ, if you are following Paul over Christ, I wouldn't think you could call yourself a Christian anymore. A Paulian? Paulite? 

3 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Lori might be interested in this whack-a-doo. Her whole cult...I mean church...was started by a weight loss program and the sinful, unrighteous behavior of...eating.  I have not found any mention of raisans in Gwen's doctrine.  Yet.  

http://www.remnantfellowship.org/Our-Leaders/Gwen-Shamblin

She looks like a less tan Tammy Faye Bakker. 

Commenter: "Husband’s, while in leadership. Are wise to take their wives feelings and advice into consideration. But that does not mean the wife is thus elevated to the place of leadership. Take the example of a waitress, giving the chef advice on how to present food more attractively or get it out faster etc. And he heeds to her advice. In the end, she is still but a mere waitress. And he, is still the chef. She would not have a job if it weren’t for him. A wise boss will listen to his workers, then male what he feels is best for all of them. The same at a departent store. You have store manager, manager and assistant manager. Each can give the other advice, but a manager is not suddenly elevated to store manager because he gave great advice. Abraham was still Sarah head. But ye was sensative to her counsel. Sometimes God will inform a wife of something, but not the husband. And the wife must pass it on respectively. And it is the husband’s choice to heed to it or not."

A huge F you to whoever this is  

My son has requested quiche and salad for tomorrows supper. Rufus be praised they will be freshly prepared by a SAHM..

On 6/11/2017 at 1:38 PM, louisa05 said:

My 72 year old mother's skin is way better than that. Lori's looks terrible. 

I can't complain too much about freckled skin because I tend to freckle before I get any tan at all (I do use sunscreen). However, totally agree that it's not the freckles alone, it looks bad. Honestly, her skin in general looks very poor, all damaged and wrinkled up. Her legs look like 84yo grandmother's, but my 84yo grandmother is healthier than Lori for sure. Hers is aged skin because she is old. Old enough to be Lori's mother. The woman still lives on her own and walks her dog every day. Does Lori even exercise?

4 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Does Lori even exercise?

That would take her away from her comment deleting duties. And I seriously doubt she has the energy to exercise. No protein and very little iron in her diet. No wonder she has to sleep late. 

@usmcmom What is the deal with all the pictures of that woman with the sashes that look like pageant sashes? So weird. 

@EowynW That quote is disgusting. The waitress is nothing without the chef...so does that analogy mean that the woman is nothing without the husband? That is just sick. 

I am really baffled by Lori's apathetic approach to skin care. She really emphasizes keeping yourself beautiful for your husband; insisting that weight should never be a taboo subject. We should wear our hair the way our husbands like it; we should wear the clothes our husbands prefer.  

But we should NOT protect our skin and do all we can to keep it free of sun damage??  Beyond pleasing our husbands, what about treating our bodies well and avoiding all things that are bad for us because our bodies are temples? Lori is so superficial and vain, I really can't comprehend why sun safety is not important to her. 

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That would take her away from her comment deleting duties. And I seriously doubt she has the energy to exercise. No protein and very little iron in her diet. No wonder she has to sleep late. 

@usmcmom What is the deal with all the pictures of that woman with the sashes that look like pageant sashes? So weird. 

@EowynW That quote is disgusting. The waitress is nothing without the chef...so does that analogy mean that the woman is nothing without the husband? That is just sick. 

I have no idea about the sashes but I am trying to find out. I once read a very interesting article about a couple trying to "escape" Gwen's church. It was quite spooky.  I see shades of Lori in all that I read about her. 

From today's Instagram doodle:

Don't be led astray by those who want to manipulate Scripture and take it out of context in order for it to say what they want it to say.

Don't worry, I won't let you lead me astray.

12 minutes ago, dairyfreelife said:

Does Lori even exercise?

I don't know about the rest of her, but her delete finger gets a daily workout.  She can make a comment disappear faster than any blogger on the web.

I wonder if a lot of Lori's health problems aren't self inflicted.  She believes a lot of crazy shit (at home treatment for serious urinary tract infections, black salve for skin cancer, no sunscreen, meds she found on the web vs. what her doctor actually wants her to take,  EXTREMELY limited and repetitive diet).  

She's admitted that her stomach problems were caused because she was too lazy wash fruit before she consumed it.  Then she wipes up chicken juice with a dishcloth, and then reuses the cloth without washing it.  And that month old salad dressing?  Yeah, gross.

For a person who is so hyper focused on health, she has a LOT of health problems.  

Something else I've wondered- besides eating unwashed fruit and getting parasites, what were Lori's problems that prevented her from properly caring for her children?  The brain tumor came later, but what was before that?  She is always saying, "when my kids were growing up, I was sooooo sick", but what was she sick with?

I won't lie...I can't help but wonder if some of her earlier problems weren't just excuses not to work/care for her home and children.  

This woman sabotaged her birth control so she could quit work.  I am not convinced that she would have been above faking illness in order to get a housekeeper and a nanny.  She also had Ken cooking his own dinners and taking care of his own laundry...after all, she needed to rest.

I don't know.  Maybe she really was sick.  I just notice she's not too specific about it.

19 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

The waitress is nothing without the chef...so does that analogy mean that the woman is nothing without the husband? That is just sick. 

I think that's exactly what that 'mere waitress' crack is about.  Apparently a woman is nothing but a 'mere wife,' and therefore can be treated as a servant/possession/sex toy.  

I swear these people sound more and more like The Handmaid's Tale every day.  

17 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I am really baffled by Lori's apathetic approach to skin care. She really emphasizes keeping yourself beautiful for your husband; insisting that weight should never be a taboo subject. We should wear our hair the way our husbands like it; we should wear the clothes our husbands prefer.  

Honestly Mr Wrangler was of the "Wear what you want." "Wow , you look s3xy in anything" mindset. But then again...he was more interested in my mind ..

I should have alerted you all to have the ferrets at the ready when I dived into Gwen Shamblin's website.  OMG what did I just read, She's like Tammy Faye and Jan Crouch, especially the hair, rolled into one. Well. . . they do say the higher the hair the closer to God.

I especially liked the donation of 40 acres in Brentwood, TN to her church. Talk about a tax write-off. And If she doesn't take a salary, how on earth can she (and all her family) afford to live in Brentwood, one of the wealthiest cities in the country?

I am curious about all the pageants dresses the women seem to be wearing.

Edited to add:  Both this woman's children work in her cult ministry.  Her daughter must take the sin of eating to heart as she looks anorexic -- seriously scary thin.  There are 7 grandchildren being brought up in this nonsense  -- 6 are girls, all have names beginning with G.

23 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That quote is disgusting. The waitress is nothing without the chef...so does that analogy mean that the woman is nothing without the husband? That is just sick. 

The chef might prepare a delicious meal for you, but if the waitress server takes the order first for Those People Who Arrived After Us (!!1!!11!!), or doesn't warm up your coffee, that could lead to a bad review on Yelp.

Both of them matter to the customer.

Both of them matter to Jesus.

No wonder LorKen come here - there's more action at FJ than at her blog and FB combined.

As of 9:51 Eastern time, her 3 recent posts show stagnant results.

BE YE ANGRY AND SIN NOT

• 0 comments at blog
  • 3 comments on FB
  • 1 share on FB

LAW AND GRACE CANNOT CO-EXIST

• 0 comments at blog
  • 17 comments on FB
  • 0 shares on FB

LIVING A LONG AND HEALTHY LIFE

• 2 comments at blog
  • 5 comments at FB
  • 3 shares on FB

18 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

No wonder LorKen come here - there's more action at FJ than at her blog and FB combined.

Yes, but don't forget Lori loves her delete key.    I do think it's possible some of her fangirls are bailing though.  I know one did after some of Trey's comments.

I think she is losing readers rapidly.

Think of it. You take the time to write a thoughtful comment that slightly challenges, or offers a different version, of what she is saying. Lori deletes it. 

Of course, you are going to feel pissed. And unheard. And . . . most important of all. . .disengaged.

Disengaged people move on to other blogs where they can be engaged.

Lori's blog used to sometimes have 50 or 100 comments. Now she has very few. She thinks that delete key has no consequences, but she's wrong. She is reaching far fewer people.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I don't know about the rest of her, but her delete finger gets a daily workout.  She can make a comment disappear faster than any blogger on the web.

I wonder if a lot of Lori's health problems aren't self inflicted.  She believes a lot of crazy shit (at home treatment for serious urinary tract infections, black salve for skin cancer, no sunscreen, meds she found on the web vs. what her doctor actually wants her to take,  EXTREMELY limited and repetitive diet).  

She's admitted that her stomach problems were caused because she was too lazy wash fruit before she consumed it.  Then she wipes up chicken juice with a dishcloth, and then reuses the cloth without washing it.  And that month old salad dressing?  Yeah, gross.

For a person who is so hyper focused on health, she has a LOT of health problems.  

Something else I've wondered- besides eating unwashed fruit and getting parasites, what were Lori's problems that prevented her from properly caring for her children?  The brain tumor came later, but what was before that?  She is always saying, "when my kids were growing up, I was sooooo sick", but what was she sick with?

I won't lie...I can't help but wonder if some of her earlier problems weren't just excuses not to work/care for her home and children.  

This woman sabotaged her birth control so she could quit work.  I am not convinced that she would have been above faking illness in order to get a housekeeper and a nanny.  She also had Ken cooking his own dinners and taking care of his own laundry...after all, she needed to rest.

I don't know.  Maybe she really was sick.  I just notice she's not too specific about it.

About the only thing of her that likely gets any exercise is the finger on the delete button. I just noticed she never talks about getting exercise in all her health talk. As to what the sickness was, the only thing I remember her mentioning is the car crash and having neck problems. Beyond that and how that put her out so much from doing anything I am unsure. I know she whined about it and nearly missing her son's wedding and something frozen peas to help her neck. 

1 hour ago, Koala said:

I've always felt that she was overwhelmed with four children in five years. Overwhelmed and depressed. Being  "sick" meant she got tons of secondary gains. Ken would otherwise be playing basketball, but if Lori was "sick" then he had to stay at home and help. When he was here at FJ, I suggested this to him, asking if he ever felt Lori had psychosomatic illnesses that brought her the attention she wanted. he said he had never thought of it, but didn't think so. So all these years, she's acted "sick" and he's bought into it! Works for her.

Lori thinks God wants her to submit, have sex with Ken whenever he wanted, have tons of kids, cook/clean and never have outside interests. How depressed and oppressed and trapped she must have felt. I think I'd get "sick" too, under those circumstances. Interesting that she is better now that her kids are grown.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived