IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

::cough, cough::  I might know the neighborhood.   That development opened in late 1990s I think so not yet 30 years. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, polecat said:

I have not commented on her blog or her views. I read a bit of the blog yesterday and wasn't entirely sure it was hers or not. I didn't agree with a lot of what I'd read but also didn't feel like I needed to comment, either. *shrug* I'm sure lots of FJers hold views with which I disagree.

But this comment and its whiff of disenfranchisement? Whew. Just because people hold diametrically opposed views to us doesn't mean we should resent or deprive them of their right to vote.

I got the impression that @Coy Koi was not calling for disenfranchisement, but to make others aware that these are @Free Jana Duggar views and that she is voting on the basis of them. Therefore, they need to be called out as not just distasteful but actively harmful.

I was reading the thread quickly, so I didn't realize at first that it was actually @Free Jana Duggar blogging that. They are harmful views. Yes, she calls out one fundie blogger on denying a woman help, but she espouses voting for a man because he's a "good businessman" (he's not) and because his opponent is a "baby killer" (when his policies will result in sicker infants and mothers). On balance, she and those who believe similarly have condemned more people than Lori will on her blog.

You can search the San Diego County recorder's office online and there are a bunch of deeds of trust in their names. Mostly in the 90s. All public info. 

4 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

This comment was on her fb under her doodle about parents buying kids cars, iphones, etc.

Wait just a minute -- didn't Lori's parents give her and Ken a car?!?

THEY DID!

my parents gave us that little, used VW Rabbit.

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2014/07/our-very-first-home-was-old-little.html

Talk about do as I say, not as I do.

(Also, get a load of those short shorts and that cropped top Ms. Modesty is wearing in that picture. Hmm.)

Lori's doodle on teenagers and money is stupid as fuck. She claims there was "no adolescent culture before the 1960s". Bullshit. There were movies, music, radio shows,TV shows(starting in the 50s), comic books, and books that were targeted to children and teens. Teens had jobs before the 60s either to help their families or to buy things like records, tickets, to the movies, and other things they wanted. As othr FJers said, advertising started targeting teens in the 50s. Lori pulls shit out of her ass.

I see plenty of teens working in retail these days. I'm curious if Lori's kids ever had summer jobs or afterschool jobs as teenagers. I'm also willing to bet that she and Ken gave them some nice things.

ETA: I got a laugh at Lori's comment regarding iPhones.

We rarely bought our children anything either. They didn't have a lot of toys growing up and they had to buy their own iPhone once they made their own money which was in their very late teens and early twenties. We didn't want them to care about the stuff of the world too much.

iPhones weren't around when Lori's three older kids were teens. iPhones didn't come out until June 2007.  By that time Alyssa would have been 23/24, Ryan 21/22, and Steven 19,20 and Cassi would have just graduated high school. There is a chance that maybe in the late 90s/early 2000s that Lori and Ken refused to buy Alyssa, Ryan, and Steven flip cell phones that some teens might have had back then. It's funny how moron Lori tries to act as if certain popular products were around when her most of her kids were teens.

And don't forget that her parents later gave them that used gold Mercedes.

It's like that FB meme that says "When I was a kid,I didn't get my iPhone taken away or get grounded from my XBox when I misbehaved.  I got my ass beat."

Bitch, please.  XBoxes and iPhones didn't even exist when you were a kid.

22 minutes ago, smittykins said:

It's like that FB meme that says "When I was a kid,I didn't get my iPhone taken away or get grounded from my XBox when I misbehaved.  I got my ass beat."

Watch it now. We had car phones and Atari 2600s!

That post today has nothing Biblical to it. Nothing at all. She can tag that Bible verse on the end, but it doesn't make the post itself "Biblical".  

Nobody is "more important" than anyone else. My relationship with my husband is different than the one I have with my kids, but not one of them is more or less important to me.  

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

I can't stand those memes. People don't chose which time periods they are born into or what gadgets come along when they are or were kids. It's adults who are creating technology that kids are using. If people like Lori are pissed about kids having iPhones then she should be taking out her anger on tech companies and the engineers creating things.

And they also didn't choose what form of discipline they got.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Watch it now. We had car phones and Atari 2600s!

And Nintendo,  the first one! Zelda or Super Mario Brothers (with the annoying music) anyone? Anyone? 

45 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

And Nintendo,  the first one! Zelda or Super Mario Brothers (with the annoying music) anyone? Anyone? 

Late 80s I think. I remember playing Super Mario's at a friend's house  on the Atari early 90s. 

Nobody is saying FJD should be silenced. She does need to be called out on her dangerous beliefs. How her blog was discovered is irrelevant. The fact she is a FJ member is irrelevant. Ken Alexander among others are members. The fact she hasn't broken any rules is irrelevant.

Well, I didn't expect sharing my blog link would cause such a stir.  I posted it to share my stories about Lori without remembering other posts could be seen.  I know, I know, DUH.

Anyway, I meant no harm.  I may have a few similar views as Lori, but would never act like I am so holy.  Yes, I am a conservative when it comes to religion and politics, but I see Lori and the Duggars for who they are.  

I started that blog several years ago at the suggestion of a friend in order to get some feelings out. My husband and I were headed for divorce, but with counseling things have gotten a lot better.  Then I just began to write about random thoughts that would pop into my head.

I was on a roll blowing up FJ yesterday because I was so pissed off that Lori would delete a suicide hotline number. I lost a cousin to suicide. I don't play with that.

Thanks  peeps for understanding. Peace out.

58 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Nobody is saying FJD should be silenced. She does need to be called out on her dangerous beliefs. How her blog was discovered is irrelevant. The fact she is a FJ member is irrelevant. Ken Alexander among others are members. The fact she hasn't broken any rules is irrelevant.

I would appreciate it if you would stop making authorative statements. I have already posted several times how I expect this situation to be handled in the community.   

18 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Not at all. I'm not calling for her to be banned. I'm condemning her harmful beliefs. She's definitely not a hateful monster like Lori, so I can only hope there's some shred of hope that she will rethink these things. 

Rethink these things so she thinks like you? Is that what this forum is about? Getting everyone to think like Coy Koi?

I believe you said that Free Jana believes some things that could be hurtful to your daughter. I hear you, but I don't think that's a reason for banning. My own kids are adopted. I have read plenty of repugnant things on FJ about adoption (mostly by people who haven't adopted). These things would definitely hurt my kids a lot, if they read them. Nonetheless, I do not call for their banning. If I feel like it, I write what I think and move on. 

49 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Well, I didn't expect sharing my blog link would cause such a stir.

Hopefully reading the "stir" will help you understand how completely horrifying your beliefs are and start thinking about if you really want to believe things that are that bad. You can be a Christian without holding oppressive, terrible beliefs. 

@Hisey, not Coy Koi, but just like I would hope a racist or people who say awful stuff about adoption would rethink their beliefs, I how @Free Jana Duggar will start rethinking her beliefs. I don't think Coy Koi was calling for her to be banned, but I do think part of this forum is challenging oppressive fundie beliefs even if the person who holds those beliefs is a member. I had a tiny shred of hope we could get Ken to rethink things, that didn't happen, but we tried. 

7 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I hear you, but I don't think that's a reason for banning.

Can we drop all talk about banning, please?  FJ does not ban people over differences of opinion no matter how strong those may be. 

We've been completely derailed. Forget FJD - that's a topic for another place and time.

The subject that is important here is Lori ignoring a woman on the brink of suicide, to the point of deleting a help line number - and then deleting her post. Someone upthread said that it is very hard to reach out if you are at that point - true - and this woman did. To Lori.

And got NOTHING in return except regurgitated bible crap. No support. No help. And when others offered more constructive help - THEY WERE DELETED!

She may not reach out to anyone else after being so disregarded as a person. Thank you to those who found a way to send her the hotline number - you may have saved a life.

The important thing here is the completely irresponsible, ill informed, ill educated, arrogant blog that is Lori.

Is there any way she can be sanctioned for her dangerous and callous behaviour?  I have no idea of the rules of those who carry her blog, or of Facebook - does anyone else?

Is there someone to whom she can be reported?

Her blog has been dangerously ill informed for a long time - but here she crossed a line.

We all know that Lori has been salivating at the thought of going viral again - wouldn't it be great if she went viral as 'Christian blogger refuses help to suicidal woman - deletes hotline numbers, and then her post!'

How do we make this go viral.......

From an earlier comment ... how is it possible to buy a house without a mortgage? Where I live, we have a housing crisis. House prices are sky-rocketing, they have risen 500% in the past 4 years. The average rental costs about 75% (or more) of an average salary. People are homeless because they can't afford housing. Entire families, with children, are living in their cars. Social housing is full, emergency housing is full, there are simply not enough houses, especially not affordable houses. Most of the people (including Christians) I know who are lucky enough to own a house, have mortgages - unless they're old and have paid off their mortgages, there is just no other way to do it. I really don't understand how anyone can claim that it is a "sin" to have a mortgage to buy a house?

there are places in the US where it is possible to buy a house outright if one has saved money for a few years. However, that's not the norm. There are some people who pay their mortgages off early...or finance for 15 years instead of 30. The only way I'll ever buy a house again is if I get a big enough settlement from my car accident to pay cash...otherwise...nope. 

Like feministxtian said, there are places that you can buy a house outright if you have enough money saved. It is usually low cost of living areas and that's probably a big reason why Steve Maxwell's sons were able to buy houses in cash in Kansas. Jim Bob Duggar did some money management article for Yahoo years ago. I recall him saying how he bought his first home in cash and then people in the comment section mentioned that JB was able to do that because it was many years ago and Arkansas doesn't have high cost of living. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and unlocked this topic

Archived