IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

I never had the baby coma. I probably had PPD. I was more of an alligator mom...drop the calf and go on with life. I really wish I'd never had children...motherhood is one of those things I sucked and still suck at. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wowsa I watched her latest videos on food. Lori barely eats.  Yikes. She also used the word "control" so many times that I lost count. Weighing yourself every day and telling someone is not accountability. It's insanity. Seriously, how much can your weight fluctuate daily?  What does she think will happen if she eats a bite of cheesecake? Or a piece of real (ok I'll give this to her, organic) chocolate?

Lori has starved herself for so long, that her body and mind can barely function. She always sounds "off".

She has admitted to not counting calories, but in her own way, she is (4 chips for example). 

If she weren't so vile, I'd feel sorry for her. I almost feel sorry for Ken (but he's also a piece of work, but maybe she wore him down all these years with that diet). He probably doesn't look at yoga pants so much, but rather at what the women in those pants are eating.  I almost want to free Ken from Lori.  

With regard to Lori's comments about depression being dangerous:

I had a friend some years ago who started following "an older Christian woman" who was "teaching" her.  The woman believed in what I now know is called "nouthetic counseling".  Let me preface by saying she was a beautiful young woman, who had been diagnosed after two suicide attempts with bipolar disorder and was successfully managing her mental health with her medication up to this point.  She decided to "trust God" by going off her medicine without talking to her medical doctor.  Within 3 days of doing so, she committed suicide.

This tragedy was a major catalyst in my own movement away from fundamentalism, but I will never call what happened "good" or a "blessing in disguise" or any of the other many ways people tried to dress it up.  This teaching that neuro-bioligical processes of the brain must be controlled only by God is as dangerous as telling an insulin dependent diabetic that if one trusts God enough, one will no longer need insulin.

Anyone who may be reading here that may be tempted to try Lori(et al)'s  approach at some point:  please do not.  Please listen to your doctor and follow licensed medical advice instead.  

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

I never had the baby coma. I probably had PPD. I was more of an alligator mom...drop the calf and go on with life. I really wish I'd never had children...motherhood is one of those things I sucked and still suck at. 

I swear you're my spirit animal. 

:highfive:

Just now, Imrlgoddess said:

I swear you're my spirit animal. 

:highfive:

maybe we were separated at birth????

7 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

maybe we were separated at birth????

My sister always said I was switched..... hmmmmmm

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

We would love to adopt if we cannot conceive. But it seems hugely expensive for working poor(er) folk like us. 

Private agencies are awful. I live in SC, and we went through Social Services. We got a healthy brother and sister ages 2 and 3.  All we had to pay was court costs and attorney fees of about $1200.00. Not bad.

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

That's how I know I'd feel if I had a lot of kids. Two seems like a reasonable number. Any more and I'd be a mess and would be wanting to run away. 

Like I said earlier, my SIL has 3 in 3 years (all unplanned) and she acts like she's half a step away from losing her sanity. It looks hellish to me. 

6 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Private agencies are awful. I live in SC, and we went through Social Services. We got a healthy brother and sister ages 2 and 3.  All we had to pay was court costs and attorney fees of about $1200.00. Not bad.

That's good to know. Thank you! 

1 minute ago, EowynW said:

That's how I know I'd feel if I had a lot of kids. Two seems like a reasonable number. Any more and I'd be a mess and would be wanting to run away. 

I was barely interested in the first one...although my living situation probably had a lot to do with that...

Amber Dawn It is also because of how other women are dressing and being stumbling blocks to our sons and husbands.

4 hrs · Edited

The Transformed Wife Don't dwell upon this. Find your joy in the Lord and dwell upon the good in the land!

Amazing. Who dwells on women being stumbling blocks for men in post after post on yoga pants? Unreal. 

It has been 34 YEARS!! Since my 3rd c section. i had the full vertical incision, splitting apart my abs. I still get occasional pain there. 

First section was when  4 ft 10  100 pound me had an 8 1/2 pound 23 inch long baby. She was wedged in diagonally, and after 4 hours of pushing, they did a section. Hearing my ob say, " I need to enlarge this incision," twice was...disconcerting. 2nd section happened because I ruptured my uterine ligaments on the right side at 5 months. I spent 4 months on bed rest.. Obviously no vbac. 3rd section I nearly died due to reaction to anesthesia. We wanted more kids, originally planned to have 9 or so... Had 3 now raising 2 grands..had 5 the hard way.

c sections save lives.. But they are huge major surgery and  3 is proably too many. 

A friend of mine had 5 c-sections. By the last pregnancy, I was seriously wondering how much risk they were taking. 

The thing with the baby being made to watch them eat while she cried on a blanket is hideous.  Talk about creating lifelong issues that she may not even understand the origins of. 

Reader:

Mental illness is real and God alone will not fix serious issues. Mental illness and suicide has always existed it's just finally getting the attention it deserves.

Lori:

With God NOTHING is impossible! He raised up Christ from the dead. He can give a sound mind.

I wonder how Lori would have felt if that conversation had gone something like this:

Lori:

Tumors are real and God alone will not fix serious medical issues. Tumors have always existed they're just finally getting the attention they deserve.

Reader:

With God NOTHING is impossible! He raised up Christ from the dead. He can cure your brain tumor without the use of cyber knife.

When Lori starts declining medical treatment for her vast array of maladies, maybe then she can tell her readers to ditch their medication, because God gives a sound mind!  :angry-cussingblack:

And another thing- why is she taking hormones?  If God can do anything, he can cure her without them.

*Disclaimer* I absolutely think Lori should take her medications.  I just think she should STOP advising other people not to take theirs.  

I hate her. I work in the pregnancy field and I politely responded to the PPD comment with polite facts and it ever made it through. She's fucking ignorant and someone will die one day because of her. 

With God NOTHING is impossible! He raised up Christ from the dead. He can give a sound mind.

This is true. It's why there are medical/mental health professionals and medications. I thank God everyday for them. But, crazy ass Lori can't see what's in front of her. She believes God will wave a magic wand and make it all better.

33 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

This is true. It's why there are medical/mental health professionals and medications. I thank God everyday for them. But, crazy ass Lori can't see what's in front of her. She believes God will wave a magic wand and make it all better.

Don't know why people can't think that maybe God gave the scientists, researchers and doctors the WISDOM and KNOWLEDGE to solve some of the problems us humans tend to have...like mental health issues, like infertility, like family planning? I honestly thank God every day for whoever it was that came up with Lexapro...that shit has literally saved my life. And, right now, I'm also particularly fond of whoever thought up Flexeril and Vicodin...And...I was literally (yes, literally) on my knees thanking God for the surgical team that saved my husband's life. To this day, I still pray for them...for their continued health and wisdom...and I pray for their patients...

Lori just doesnt' want women to have a legitimate reason to complain. Depression -- if it were real -- might give them that! Even worse it might give them a reason to "deny" their husbands.

16 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

On fb someone just Said they almost killed themselves today.Lori response was go to the bible, read the Bible more. She should have told her to call a hotline. This is serious stuff and like someone said above someone is going to die from her advice.

Ken, are you going to step in? Lori has gone too far.

6 minutes ago, Joyce said:

@BlackSheep, Uncle Ken won't step in if it contradicts the teachings of Aunt Lori.

Yeah. Lori is the real headship. But she's playing with people's lives.

I almost want to free Ken from Lori.  

Yea, maybe we should do a "Free Ken" page.

Any legal knowledge folks out there?  Can Lori be held responsible if someone follows her advice and is harmed or dies? 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and unlocked this topic

Archived