IGNORED

Lori Alexander 20: Evil and Hateful as Ever

That's the menu of someone with an eating disorder. Things like counting out 4 chips point to the same. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Her mother might have been a wonderful SAHM with a bright and cheerful home, but she also raised Lori to be the woman she is today. If Lori is a monster (and she is) then that's on her parents.

I *really* struggle with this idea because there are plenty of awful people who had perfectly good parents and plenty of wonderful people who had perfectly nightmarish parents. I have no idea whether Lori had good parents or terrible parents, but I am fine with believing that the only person to blame for Lori's nasty, bitchy behavior is Lori herself. Her parents may have made many mistakes while raising her, but she's an "older" woman (as she is always and forever reminding us) and needs to grow the fuck up already.

33 minutes ago, Howl said:

So Lori is nearing or is in menopause.  Once she can no longer have children, shouldn't Ken replace her with a fertile wife so his sperms don't go to waste?   Think of the CHILDREN, Lori! 

She's 59. I doubt she's been fertile for 10+ years

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Edited to add 2:     I believe the root of LoriKen's 23+ years of fighting was her 1) insistence on not working ever and then 2) ratching up #1 by sabotaging her bc, as Ken had insisted she teach school for awhile.  

I also believe that Lori shamed Ken into quitting divinity school because he wasn't making enough money and never would as a minister.  I'm sure she told him that if he couldn't make enough money to keep her, then her father the rich doctor would do it.

Ken never says he objects to Lori staying at home. In fact, he seems in favor of it. Lots of guys (my own included) thinks it's important to have a SAHM if it's possible. I doubt Ken liked the deceitful way she sabotagued her birth control, though. Still, her being at home doesn't seem to be an issue for them.

No, I think her food issues caused their arguments. That's what keeps coming up in their blog and posts. I mean, you eat at least three tmes a day. That's three times a day that Ken tried to eat what he liked, and Lori expressed her disapproval.

As for her dad, I've said this before. He is a doctor. That's all we know. We don't know he was rich (many docs aren't). We don't know he was indulgent. We don't know he'd welcome Lori and her small children back in his house forever, if Ken had become a pastor. I think it's good to get past the idea that doctor father=rich, indulgent parent with spoiled kid. Lori has two sisters who are ominously silent on the blog. There's no evidence they are spoiled. Quite likely, they are embarrassed by her blog and it's focus on lube/submission/pumping-your-spouse-dry.

From the Youtube comments:

Do you mind telling us how tall you are / how much you weigh ( you look very thin and say you are 5 lbs over ? )

I would typically say that's a pretty intrusive question, but since Lori is all about weighing each other and holding other accountable, I thought she might answer. 

Lori:

I'm definitely not too thin and I'm not 5 lbs over anymore since I stopped eating so much.

Umm, okay? I though that her complaint yesterday was that she was 5 lbs over what she wanted to be, yet a viewer asks her about it, and Lori acts like she's crazy.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Eating the same thing every day is a really good way to make sure you don't slip up and eat too much or go over your allotted calories for that day. The boredom of eating the same bland foods can also keep you from eating more than you want to eat. If she really does eat the same thing day after day, it may well be because those are her "safe" foods. 

Signed,
Someone who struggles with disordered eating patterns from time to time but who is going to stop short of Internet diagnosing someone else

She also says she roasts a chicken every four days. So she makes an appearance in the kitchen 1-2 x per week.  And 4 seems to be the magic number in the Lori food world. (BTW, I tried her roasted chicken recipe. Even for a simple cook like myself, her recipe was far too boring and uninspiring. Basically, it's put salt and pepper on a chicken and stick it in the over. No attempt to keep it moist, no fresh herbs, no tying it up, )

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

There is a video she made where she comments that Ken has just appeared in the kitchen to make his own breakfast. Ken has also admitted on FJ  he made his own dinner for years and the kids wanted his food.  I bet he's cooking himself a steak to go with that "big salad" and the "yummy" 3-week old raw egg yolk salad dressing.

Was it one of Lori's sons who disciplined his two-year-old daughter for "wanting our food" at the dinner table and just plunked her down on a blanket to cry? Is "wanting our parents' food" some kind of  control issue in Lorkenland? Gee, I grew up in a crazy house where Mom cooked dinner and served it to everybody, and food was cut up in little pieces for the littlest kids, and our parents taught us how to use a fork, knife, and spoon and how to practice good table manners.

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thanks for the source & clarifying, that is helpful on why things are a bit off between the 2 sources.

No matter if we all use the USDA or the calculator Lori does not have a well balanced diet.

No, she clearly doesn't. Someone below said she seems like she has eating disorder or disordered eating and I agree with that. Her counting of chips and similar are an issue. I used to have disordered eating habits and still struggle with it. They were the result of a phobia of sickness. Specifically of vomiting. It's a bit embarrassing to admit, but it was an issue for many years and still struggle. I was seriously under weight at times. Lori clearly has eating issues and seems to have disordered eating practices. She needs help, in many ways. The first thing she needs to do is step far away from a computer. 

Her claim from  Oct. 23/2015

When I was in junior and senior high school, we had classes called Home Economics. I learned how to sew in junior high and how to cook in my senior high class!

But she kept the cut salad-mix in the fridge from June 5, 2011:

These bags keep them fresh for up to ten days! You can use the bags over and over again.

so 4 days is really an upgrade

She has lots of recipes labelled breakfast: old blog: recipes that are tagged Breakfast.
Coming from a continental breakfast nation American breakfast food is often rather strange (like some other food from different cultures including but not limited to the US). For instance a "breakfast sandwich" is weird to me, despite loving a full English breakfast it seem gross. Lori puts food under the breakfast category that to me is anything but breakfast:  Salted roasted nuts and Quinoa is not something I have seen at a breakfast recipes of the US or Canada (my RL experience is very, very limited to this continent, so i have to believe the internet). Is this normal? Or is this Lori?

5 minutes ago, Hane said:

Was it one of Lori's sons who disciplined his two-year-old daughter for "wanting our food" at the dinner table and just plunked her down on a blanket to cry? Is "wanting our parents' food" some kind of  control issue in Lorkenland? Gee, I grew up in a crazy house where Mom cooked dinner and served it to everybody, and food was cut up in little pieces for the littlest kids, and our parents taught us how to use a fork, knife, and spoon and how to practice good table manners.

Yes, it was. It was her son Ryan. http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/06/emma-isnt-boss.html

To quote- from June 25, 2012. 

Ryan, my son, made Emma's breakfast this morning. He started feeding it to her. After one bite she said, "No!"  Ryan made her eat at least 20 bites between her crying. He doesn't want her to get her way and become a picky eater. He is a very smart daddy.

Erin, Emma's mother, told me that when they eat dinner, Emma begs for their food. Ryan didn't like that so he set a blanket down and made Emma sit on it with her toys and books while they ate. For a week, she would just sit there and scream. Then she would just cry.  Now when he lays the blanket down, she crawls over to it and plays happily while they eat.  She knows her daddy is boss and means what he says

13 minutes ago, Red Jumper said:

She has lots of recipes labelled breakfast: old blog: recipes that are tagged Breakfast.
Coming from a continental breakfast nation American breakfast food is often rather strange (like some other food from different cultures including but not limited to the US). For instance a "breakfast sandwich" is weird to me, despite loving a full English breakfast it seem gross. Lori puts food under the breakfast category that to me is anything but breakfast:  Salted roasted nuts and Quinoa is not something I have seen at a breakfast recipes of the US or Canada (my RL experience is very, very limited to this continent, so i have to believe the internet). Is this normal? Or is this Lori?

FWIW, I eat non-"breakfast foods" for breakfast all the time. I don't really differentiate the types of foods I eat depending on the time today. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are just all meals to me.

I am known as the one to eat Sunday roast for breakfast. I think pancakes are fine for dinner. So I can relate.

But I still wouldn't label a roast recipe "breakfast". Simple because normally it is not breakfast. (pancakes aren't breakfast in my culture either but in N-America i would look for that recipe under the label breakfast)

For clarity, Lori is now denying that clinical depression exists.

Reader:

There is legitimate clinical depression where happiness is not a choice that one is able to make. 

Lori:

Do you not believe that God gives us a “sound mind” as He promises and that He tells us our minds will be transformed as we renew them with His Word and to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ? Can we not trust God to accomplish what He has promised?

If a "sound mind" is a promise from God, then why did Lori write this post on the causes of depression:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2015/05/preventing-depression-in-children.html

this post on teenage depression:

http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2012/01/teenage-depression.html

or more recently, this Youtube video on depression:

From Ken's post today:

For what does it profit a woman pastor/teacher if she merits the whole church, but loses her family and the next generation of godly children?

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 
Mark 8:36

Sooooo... this is one of those times when it's convenient  for "man" to also refer to "woman".

IMG_3632.thumb.JPG.95e59eba8203349234fde2ea470f3fec.JPG

This is positively ear-tickling. It's a kinder, gentler Lori.

Hey, whoever wrote this: Where is Lori and what have you done with her?

3 hours ago, Hisey said:

She also says she roasts a chicken every four days. So she makes an appearance in the kitchen 1-2 x per week.  And 4 seems to be the magic number in the Lori food world. (BTW, I tried her roasted chicken recipe. Even for a simple cook like myself, her recipe was far too boring and uninspiring. Basically, it's put salt and pepper on a chicken and stick it in the over. No attempt to keep it moist, no fresh herbs, no tying it up, )

It also wouldn't surprise me if she just buys a rotisserie chicken at the store each week, instead of cooking one herself.  She can't step away from that delete key for too long...  (I buy rotisserie chickens all the time, so I wouldn't fault her for that, except that she is so much holier than the rest of us heathens).  I have developed a pet peeve of her use of the word 'yummy' to describe everything she "cooks".  There is no way that her salad dressing is 'yummy'.  

If I recall correctly, Lori has never said nor written "I make Ken a salad for supper," or "Sometimes I make Ken an omelette."  She seems very careful to write "Ken eats...." or "Sometimes Ken likes to have....". 

Does anybody know of a place where she has written that she actually fixes Ken's meals? I can understand not fixing his lunch if he is working; but they appear to spend their mornings together so she should be making breakfast and supper for him (according to her own teachings.). And what about weekends? What does she prepare for her husband when he is home on the weekends?  

I really don't think Lori fixes her husband's meals. I think she makes sure there is food in the house for him to fix his own meals; but I think she cooks only for herself. 

13 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

If I recall correctly, Lori has never said nor written "I make Ken a salad for supper," or "Sometimes I make Ken an omelette."  She seems very careful to write "Ken eats...." or "Sometimes Ken likes to have....". 

Does anybody know of a place where she has written that she actually fixes Ken's meals? I can understand not fixing his lunch if he is working; but they appear to spend their mornings together so she should be making breakfast and supper for him (according to her own teachings.). And what about weekends? What does she prepare for her husband when he is home on the weekends?  

I really don't think Lori fixes her husband's meals. I think she makes sure there is food in the house for him to fix his own meals; but I think she cooks only for herself. 

She said on Facebook yesterday that Ken eats a big salad with roasted chicken every night. I am assuming that's all she ever fixes him. Poor guy. I almost feel sorry for him. 

9 minutes ago, EowynW said:

She said on Facebook yesterday that Ken eats a big salad with roasted chicken every night. I am assuming that's all she ever fixes him. Poor guy. I almost feel sorry for him. 

What I am wondering is does she actually even fix him the salad? I know I am nitpicking but she talks about all these meals as though she's a single woman. it seems like she avoids the topic of Ken's meals unless she is specifically asked. She does not say "WE" when talking about any of it.  I wonder how much time they really spend together at all, regardless  of the meals she likely does not cook for him. 

I worry about Lori's calcium intake - she probably gets enough vitamin D just from being out in the sun, but the sample daily food intake doesn't show much, if any, calcium. It doesn't sound as though she does weight-bearing exercise. On top of both of those, hypopituitarism (loss of pituitary hormones secondary to Lori's tumours) can also contribute to severe osteoporosis. I'm worried about her bone health and really hope she has appropriate monitoring and treatment. A nasty fracture in someone who is underweight and not particularly strong or active could be pretty devastating for her.

Also, did Lori claim that she has 'no hormones' and therefore would have depression if it were truly a hormone imbalance? If so, I would like to point out that serotonin (one of the main hormones involved in depression) is not produced by the pituitary gland, and would therefore not be included in Lori's 'no pituitary hormones'. Loss of pituitary hormones can cause adrenal problems (Cushing's or Adddison's diseases), which can cause mood changes such as depression, and hypothyroidism, which can make people feel sluggish and cold and generally a bit miserable, but it's not right for Lori to give her own medical history to demonstrate that depression is God-over-matter rather than a biochemical, hormone-based disorder.

(disclaimer: I am not a doctor)

Aunt Lori makes more varied food for her sons than for Ken:

He eats a big salad every night but then likes an omlette or something else once in a while. We both eat very simply, but when my children were at home, especially my sons, I would always make a much heartier and filling dinner for them. I'd make spaghetti, stews, and things like this.

Funny, because Ken claims that she made them salads, and they wanted "his" food when he cooked.

Many nights Lori made her big salads which the kids loved, then they came running for daddy’s food that I cooked. Remember, most of these years Lori lived with a sick stomach and other health issues, so I had to fend for myself many days and nights.  

Lori and Ken are very rarely on the same page about their past.  Or anything.  

Lori will be on her blog crowing that she never had to use timeouts! Meanwhile, Ken is over on Freejinger trying to convince us that it was their main method of discipline.

Their story changes day to day - post to post.

I hate to admit it but her food did look good. But I can't imagine eating the same thing everyday and poor Mr. EW, as unpicky as he is, would probably keep over. 

Really bugged me how she kept saying stevia. Maybe it's a California thing. I have it growing in my herb garden and have to use it instead of sugar but I've never heard it pronounced like that before.

i noticed how she stressed that the raw egg yolk won't make you sick  I am positive someone reads here  

In today's notebook doodle, she exhorts her readers to "stay clueless".

Mission accomplished, Lori...mission accomplished.
:GRONDE:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and unlocked this topic

Archived