IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

Just now, nst said:

i don't see her either.  she is probably with Ben travelling somewhere exotic before her women's show....

In my head and my dreams I like to imagine she so despises DWreck and OfDwreck that she was like eff this baby sprinkle I'm staying home to watch Netflix.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JMO said:

I'll admit I'm a little BEC  but Jill having a sprinkle irritates me too. It's another boy and Israel is only 2. I'm trying to get past it but since neither Jessa nor Anna have had sprinkles it reeks a bit of special Jillymuffin syndrome. 

Jessa did have one:

So, if anything, they set the super speshul Jessa Blessa standard of second baby sprinkles and they're trying to keep things fair for Jill.

This just hit home to me that Blessa has actual girl friends that she does stuff with while OfDirtyJesus only has DirtyJesus. No wonder she won't even let him pee alone.

@JMO Exactly!  My sons are 21 months apart and I didn't expect a shower or a sprinkle.  The grandparents bought gifts and we bought things #2 would need.  A lot of what a second child born so close to the first needs, the parents should already have.

33 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

This just hit home to me that Blessa has actual girl friends that she does stuff with while OfDirtyJesus only has DirtyJesus. No wonder she won't even let him pee alone.

Wasn't Jill the only one of the girls to only have family in their bridal party? The others had external friends. She seems to not have any friends. I doubt even her and Jana are that close anymore. Jessa, Jinger, and Joy all have friends outside of the family. Jana does too.

We don't know that Jill asked for or expected a party. The Duggars and their circle of friends like throwing big parties. They place enormous value on pregnancy and childbirth. I'm not at all surprised that they have parties for every pregnancy/impending birth. It would be snark worthy if Jill had a public baby registry or had a wedding-worthy guest list, but this looks like a relatively small gathering for family and close friends on the Duggar party scale. Among my circle of friends, we typically throw a "sprinkle" as an excuse to get together for a fun meal one last time before the parents-to-be go into baby-induced seclusion. If people want to celebrate and give gifts, why begrudge them?

I was going to say that I'm happy cousin Any was there, but now I'm unsure if it really is Amy. Third from the left, with the white/floral clothes, behind Michelle?

I agree it is nice to celebrate a friend/family member's baby. And it is especially easy for these folks to do this since NOBODY has a JOB!! Nothing but free time.

Really.

That's right @VelociRapture, I forgot.  My sleep deprived brain is a little scattered.  @mpheels I definitely agree, that's why acknowledge that I'm tainted in my opinion.  Since every child is a blessing in getting why they threw her a sprinkle, I'm just being irritable.  :pb_lol:

15 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

... is there a super secret Underground Holocaust Survivor Fight Club I can pay to make this happen? Because nothing would give me greater joy than to see a Holocaust survivor shoving their foot up Jim Bob's ass. :pb_lol:

@melonI'm not sure I fully understand. Did your friend ask what your mother thought about it all in a rude or accusatory manner? 

Yes,VelociRapture,my friend did.My mother was very young when Hitler's rise began..she wasn't old enough to be in HIlter's Youth...ugh,thankfully.This friend acted as if my mother was somehow involved with what happened,or somehow responsible.And not an excuse, they were lied to...they were told the friends that vanished...they had found jobs for them.

I've never heard of a "baby sprinkle" before. I'm sorry, but that name sounds so dumb. :pb_lol: 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I've never heard of a "baby sprinkle" before. I'm sorry, but that name sounds so dumb. :pb_lol: 

Yeah, my first reaction was "Why is Jill telling everyone her water broke in Olive Garden?"

I grew up in a protestant church where "sprinkling" was an impolite term for "infant baptism" where water was simply sprinkled on a baby's head. So I thought "baby sprinkle" was an infant baptism, and couldn't understand why a fundie would even consider it.

I swear, some of y'all people are acting like they're naming the baby Adolf or Himmler.  Do you REALLY not know ANYONE with the initials SS?  So many common names start with S, and some people have last names that start with S.  That's FAR worse than having a first/middle combo of SS.  

There's SO much to criticize the Dillards on, but to criticize them for this is seriously grasping at straws.  It's pretty clear they are not being antisemitic.  Samuel Scott is a respectable name.  Samuel is even a Jewish name.  So is Israel.   

And I honestly hope that there is NOT a group of people who go around inflicting violence on people who name their kids Samuel Scott because of some conjectured slight because that would be THE MOST POINTLESS WASTE OF TIME AND ENERGY I have ever heard of.  

And also because inflicting violence on a group of people based upon illogical conjectures was the MO of the Nazi party.  They had a WHOLE DIVISION dedicated to doing EXACTLY THIS: taking innocent things Jewish people did and spinning them to make them look like there was some sort of nefarious intent behind them.  

Antisemitism is a problem that is very real in the world today, but THIS is not it.  These are two people who want to name their son Samuel Scott because Samuel is a nice name and Scott is a nice name and they sound good together.    I really think it is insulting to people that HAVE experienced actual antisemitism to even SUGGEST that this is the same.

6 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I grew up in a protestant church where "sprinkling" was an impolite term for "infant baptism" where water was simply sprinkled on a baby's head. So I thought "baby sprinkle" was an infant baptism, and couldn't understand why a fundie would even consider it.

You get out of here.  Your initials are SS, which was clearly intentional, and obviously you are a Nazi.  I hope some people come to beat you up for that, jerkface.  You should go to the prayer closet and think about why you hate Jewish people so much :pb_rollseyes:

See?  That's how this thread looks.  

And I actually think your username is lovely, @SapphireSlytherin.  

Wait...do you mean they aren't going to use the outfit that they showed in the announcement on the baby? :pb_rollseyes: 

30 minutes ago, Georgiana said:

You get out of here.  Your initials are SS, which was clearly intentional, and obviously you are a Nazi.  I hope some people come to beat you up for that, jerkface.  You should go to the prayer closet and think about why you hate Jewish people so much :pb_rollseyes:

See?  That's how this thread looks.  

And I actually think your username is lovely, @SapphireSlytherin.  

O.M.G. I've been reading the "SS" debate all.this.time and never once made the connection that I share initials with the futuredilly.

Hahaha

If you take away my middle initial, mine are SS too and even as a history lover, I would have never made that connection lol

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Wait...do you mean they aren't going to use the outfit that they showed in the announcement on the baby? :pb_rollseyes: 

If she waits as long as she did last time to get help it's possible.

21 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I feel like double initials being something like SS is no big deal. With two letters, the chances are just too great of it being accidental.  

I think a lot of people don't really pay attention to initials when naming babies. Even though they should.

I say this because I have cousins with the initials B.A.D. and A.P.E. Both sets of parents have admitted that they never put the initials together until someone else pointed it out to them after it was too late. 

I've got to agree that it's absurd to think that SS initials have anything to do with Nazis. Derick and Jill aren't even the anti-Jewish type of Christians anyway, they're more like the type who go overboard with Jewish stuff to the point of offensiveness and appropriation.

Anecdotally, I grew up in NW Arkansas and never heard anything anti-Semitic until I went to a different area. It's not that people there aren't racist, it's just that there are very few Jewish people (though that's changing) and so Jewish people aren't really on their radar.

There was a Jewish family who moved from Boston to NWA and I remember one of the daughters saying that she expected to encounter a lot of anti-Semitism given the south's racist reputation, but she actually found that there was more anti-Semitism back home in Boston.

I think too that people racist enough to support the Nazis often make their racism more obvious. Once I was working (in the northeast) and had a customer come in with an "SS" tattoo, with the S's formed in lighting bolts. It's hard to mistake that.  :pb_eek:

So, bringing this whole SS/initial thing full-circle:  I saw a friend's grandbaby's monogrammed crib set:  J.E.W. 

:pb_confused:

They all claim they "didn't notice."

They're fundies.

I don't get the problem- if they like the names then that's that. 

I had a friend that's initials were LSD like the drug. I also had a black friend with the initials KKK after his step father adopted him.  And my great aunt married a man with the surname Austin and her initials became IRA (coming from a unionist family we always have a good giggle at that one). None of the names had an agenda behind them - they just happened. 

As others have said there's a lot to criticise the Dillard's one but criticising them for an unfortunate initial for a child is just clinging to loose ends. 

7 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

What hold it.  He can't pee alone? I must have missed that wonderful season of life for them. 

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

@Georgiana I can't believe you let the Olive Garden baby shower go without comment, given your fabulous Boyer-inspired location status!

You know, I almost didn't!  But then, much like Indiana Jones, I got sidetracked by Nazis.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived