IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

Last thread here:

Jill had a birthday recently, making her 26. She also felt the need to tweet about her sisters' and her lawsuit, y'know, for sexual abuse victims. Honestly, though, I do feel sorry for her that she's clearly been misled about the legality of this whole mess.

In other news, all the Dillards are back in the U.S.A., presumably for the wedding of Joy-Anna, but also they said they're getting ready for the birth of Dill #2, so they'll be parked in Arkansas for awhile. Derick and Jill continue to try and bring Christians to Gothard!Jesus, with small, if any, results.

May the Lord lay it on their hearts to stop trying to convert Catholics. Ayyyy-men.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jill and Derick taking a vacation from their praycation. ;) 

30 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Jill and Derick taking a vacation from their praycation. ;) 

Meanwhile, the people of El Salvador have just been told by their government that this week is a seven day holiday in celebration of getting rid of colonial oppressors.  No work shall be done. Parties in the street. Pinatas with candy(oh, wait...that may not be thing there) will be found in every town, and Catholic masses will be celebrated all week long.

Viva El Salvador!  Viva Danger America! 

1 hour ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Pinatas with candy(oh, wait...that may not be thing there) will be found in every town,

After the Dullards taught that class on how to make them, Pinatas are definitely a thing in Danger America now. :rolleyes:

I think it is so weird that her Twitter name is Jill (Duggar) Dillard - from screenshot in previous thread. I thought it was a fake account at first. It would seem more normal to hyphenate or simply post without the parentheses, imo. Does this seem odd to anyone else, or just me? I can't really put my finger on why it comes across as so strange to me.

It's something that is occasionally advised for highly ranking professional women in the newlywed stage (typically first 12mts) so as not to loose what you built up in your name and to ease the transition. A lot of ladies in the medical profession do it. I learned this from a friend who is a high level emergency medicine doctor (a real one, not a hobbyist). She did it, as did a lot of our contemporaries. 

I've never understood the draw of hyphenating. If anything, surely that's as... I'm not sure what word to use...

IMHO far better to double barrel without the hyphen. Allows for varying usage for both.

51 minutes ago, Londish said:

I think it is so weird that her Twitter name is Jill (Duggar) Dillard - from screenshot in previous thread. I thought it was a fake account at first. It would seem more normal to hyphenate or simply post without the parentheses, imo. Does this seem odd to anyone else, or just me? I can't really put my finger on why it comes across as so strange to me.

It does look weird, but I would guess the reason she does it is so she can have the name recognition without anyone thinking she actually kept her name too like some kind of heathen feminist pants-wearing abortion doctor.

As always, I wonder where they're living - if the Pool House has been sitting empty for them.  But then, I'm pretty much always interested in their weird property shenanigans (I wonder if JB has justified leaving Jessa in the smallest house on the grounds that when the 4 daughters win $15 million, they can all buy their own McMansions)

12 minutes ago, Lurky said:

As always, I wonder where they're living - if the Pool House has been sitting empty for them.  But then, I'm pretty much always interested in their weird property shenanigans (I wonder if JB has justified leaving Jessa in the smallest house on the grounds that when the 4 daughters win $15 million, they can all buy their own McMansions)

They're going to come home losing the suit and it will be thrown out of court. I can see them all building cabins on the Duggar compound.

If the Duggar ladies get any money, they won't receive a cent of it. They will turn it over to JB.

They don't deserve any money, especially Jill and Dwreck. Aside from JB&M and Joshley, they're next on the shitty list. IMO anyways. 

8 hours ago, Londish said:

No one I'm connected with on social media does it that way. Those who didn't keep their last name would write it as Jill Duggar Dillard and those who did would hyphenate. 

I think Coy Koi is right about the reasoning. Jill doesn't have any professional credentials she needs to connect with her new name, so my guess is she wants to maintain the brand recognition without giving anyone the suspicion that she might be some kind of feminist.

I've seen a lot of people on facebook do the Firstname (Maidenname) Lastname format. I thought maybe facebook kept it like that for a while when you change your last name.

54 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I've seen a lot of people on facebook do the Firstname (Maidenname) Lastname format. I thought maybe facebook kept it like that for a while when you change your last name.

I have mine like that permanently on Facebook so people from high school/college (or hopefully my big crush, Bill, from when I was 18?) can find me. Probably others have the same thought (and everyone has that old crush from the past, right?)

The Dillards should stay in the States, especially if Jill gets money from the lawsuit. They will be even bigger targets once it becomes known they have potential millions. 

3 hours ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

The Dillards should stay in the States, especially if Jill gets money from the lawsuit. They will be even bigger targets once it becomes known they have potential millions. 

Perfect excuse for Jill to refuse to return to the mission field.

7 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I've mainly noticed "famous people" do it. I follow a few Bachelorettes and most of them have their name in that format too.

In relation to the above: maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm just being overly cranky, but I've never understood the whole hyphenating last names business. To me, it just seems very pretentious & overly snobby.

I realize, of course, that not all folks that do hyphenating last names/using parentheses for their last names are jerky aholes, but a lot of them are.

Thank you; you may now return to your regularly scheduled snarking.  :P 

:: getting off soap box ::

32 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

In relation to the above: maybe it's just me, and maybe I'm just being overly cranky, but I've never understood the whole hyphenating last names business. To me, it just seems very pretentious & overly snobby.

I realize, of course, that not all folks that do hyphenating last names/using parentheses for their last names are jerky aholes, but a lot of them are.

Thank you; you may now return to your regularly scheduled snarking.   

:: getting off soap box ::

I considered hyphenation when I married. I love my maiden name, it's very unusual in the states, and it pretty much dies from our branch of the family with my generation.

That said, I didn't do it in the end. My last name would have been 17 letters long that way. Taking just my husband's name means I lose one letter (maiden name was 9, married name is 8.)

And keep in mind, many women choose to hyphenate for professional reasons. 

I know quite a few people from my college that both spouses hyphenate. 

So if the husbands name is Wilson and the wife's name is Smith both of their last names would end up being Smith-Wilson 

I've seen this with both heterosexual and same sex marriage. 

Jill did it so that she could keep connected to the Duggar brand. I don't know why she would think that we would forget that she married "Derick Dillard." They said his first and last name every single episode when they were courting/engaged. 

Everything with the Duggars is about money. Since they like to reference God, maybe to them God is synonymous with money.

This lawsuit, IMO, is less about the abuse or the uncovering of the abuse than it is about the loss of money and the show , which resulted from, in their minds, the exposure of the abuse.

The money loss d/t the exposure bothers them, yet the abuse was "toots" forgiven, at least by Jessa and Jill per their MK interview.

How about the adult Duggars taking some personal responsibility for their own decisions?

JB and M are among the worst parents...and it's just flowed downhill to the second generation Duggars who are now parenting.

I thought it was de rigeur, according to Emily Post, to have one's name be First Maiden Married after marriage, dropping the middle name. No hyphens, no parentheses, etc.

Of course, the sky's the limit now. I've even known some couples to adopt a completely different for both last name.

Just now, Four is Enough said:

I thought it was de rigeur, according to Emily Post, to have one's name be First Maiden Married after marriage, dropping the middle name. No hyphens, no parentheses, etc.

Of course, the sky's the limit now. I've even known some couples to adopt a completely different for both last name.

This is what I did as it was suggested that this would create a unique name for financial and security porpoises. So it is on legal documents but not used in everyday stuff. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived