IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2010/03/home-births.html

Yes - according to multiple sources, Jinger and Joseph were home births. The first five were hospitals. Josiah was hospital. Who knows... We know the TLC special hospital births....

We do know... we know that Michelle had Jinger and Joseph at home, and the rest were born in hospital. She's said so herself.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Samuel is also a family name on Jill's side. One of her brothers - Jason? - has it as a middle name. So both families are represented again (Izzy's middle name is shared with Uncle Dan and Uncle John.)

There's a Jason?

Henry and Samuel. Whats the fun in that. I feel bad for Spud and Izzy. 

17 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

We do know... we know that Michelle had Jinger and Joseph at home, and the rest were born in hospital. She's said so herself.

Didn't Michelle have unpaid hospital bills from 1992? And then she discovered the blessings of homebirthing in 1993 and 1994? What an interesting coincidence. 

20 minutes ago, melon said:

There is a Jason Duggar,but Justin Duggar has the middle name Samuel.

Yep! That's the Duggar I meant! The sons all blend together after Siah. Except James. I always remember him for some reason.

I'm disappointed that they're not going for a more wild naming theme like naming children after different countries. 

I'm weirded out by the revealing pregnancy before first trimester and the naming baby before birth thing. It's so unusual for me. But I'm Jewish we don't do those things ever. Most women 'announce' at 4 months. And definitely no one names the baby before birth. 

37 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yep! That's the Duggar I meant! The sons all blend together after Siah. Except James. I always remember him for some reason.

Because he's cousin Amy's ;)

45 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm weirded out by the revealing pregnancy before first trimester and the naming baby before birth thing. It's so unusual for me. But I'm Jewish we don't do those things ever. Most women 'announce' at 4 months. And definitely no one names the baby before birth. 

i agree it just seems forced to me.  Especially because of what is going on.  Shouldn't it be a private thing between the parents...Not the entire internet... but then look who we are dealing with.  I think half the time they do things just because they think it has to do with ministry and looking good endlessly. But to me naming a kid would be private and superstitious 

44 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I made the mistake of asking my Jewish coworker (from Israel) if they had any names that they liked. She said they don't speak the name out loud until the Rabbi does a ceremony after the birth. I had never heard of that before and was super embarrassed... oops!

52 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

The Duggars view zygotes the way Horton views The Who's:

IMG_7751.JPG.f5e405418d2c4190812885af6dd9ca10.JPG

That's the whole reason for announcing the pregnancy so early. They consider it a person from the moment the sperm busts on through into the egg.

As for the name reveal, you'd be surprised how many people do that now. It just really depends on the couple.

Personally, we waited until 12 weeks to announce and we kept our daughter's name private (even though we picked it about three years earlier.) 

3 hours ago, benye said:

Scott just makes me think of Scott Disick. Ooo, what a role model for them!!

Lol.  Not that he should be anyone's role model, but a Duggar Kid going full Disick would be entertaining to watch.

The middle name Scott could be for Scotland, then they still have a country included in their child's name. 

The Bates, Zach, Erin, and Alyssa announced the names of all their kids as soon as they revealed the pregnancies.

Michelle and Jim Boob seemingly had names picked out before they even knew the gender.  Who could forget the would have been Judah Benjamin?

I know somebody who did a name reveal party because she had many pregnant friends and didn't want anybody 'stealing' the name they had chosen.

The previous year, were planning to get a dog and told her friend the name they'd chosen for the puppy (If I remember correctly it was Lucy or something similar) when they got it in August. One pregnant friend liked the name they chose, and when she gave birth in July she named her child Lucy. She didn't think it was appropriate to name her puppy after somebody's newborn after that.

Anyway, I'd say it's definitely become more common for people to settle on and announce a name before the child is born. The Bates definitely did it, and I think Smuggar and Anna annouced McKynzies name at the gender reveal party?

Personally, I'd have a name in mind and wait and see until the child is born. My name was going to be completely different to what my parents decided! (Firstly, they thought I was a boy. A bit of a shock when I came out. Secondly, dad liked a different girl's name so I nearly was named that instead) :my_biggrin:

We announced our oldest daughter's name before birth. It wasn't really a big deal, we told our parents and sisters and a few close friends. We did refer to her among our them by a nickname of her name frequently. Though, once she was born we have never really called her by the nickname, just the full name. A few people (my sister, a close friend, etc...) sometimes call her by the nickname, which she is fine with and likes but it has never felt right to me.

With our middle child we didn't find out the gender so we didn't have a name picked out. We had one boy name and 3-4 girls names. We did stick with the boy name when he was born. With our third we knew she was a girl but I couldn't make up my mind about her name. We had agreed that I had final say on her name (my husband got his first choice of name for our oldest, and we both agreed on the first choice for our middle so we agreed ahead of time that the third would be my pick though husband had veto power). I ended up choosing a name we had discussed but had decided against, it just felt right.

There really isn't a right or wrong, aside from cultural norms.

IMG_0085.thumb.JPG.13c503ca7b39e66002b328dc09b54469.JPGoI think it is weird to announce a name before a baby is born.  I had a few favorites for both of my kids but needed to see if the name fit the baby before the final decision.

I recently adopted a cat and I still haven't decided on her name.  The name from the rescue doesn't fit her.  

Edit to say sorry for the large image, I cant figure to make it smaller, 

I apologize again, I obviously don't know what I am doing and made it worse, I hope a mod remove the large images.

Ok let's get going on baby #3, or even #4

Israel's initials are IDD

Samuel's are SSD

So Baby 3 will be  D?D - Daniel ???? Dillard

And I guess baby 3 DDD - D????  D???? Dillard

12 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

Suppose Derek is dissing 'Duggar Time'! 

Getting out of bed in the morning is hard! Especially when you don't like your job.

Oh wait, that's me.

And they don't have jobs to hide from.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived