IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

13 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

So the Dullards continue to use grifted money when they are home, right? Guess so. So someone paid for this dinner out. They should be at home eating beans and rice and green beans. 

So strange. So very strange. 

I don't think they dined out. The salmon picture looks more like they were home (unless you're talking about the baby sprinkle picture.)

12 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Maybe it's "blackened" salmon? :2wankers:

I googled blackened salmon for examples. It actually looks kind of similar to what the Dills had. Not exactly, but if you don't cook it all the time then you aren't going to do it perfectly.

I still give them points for at least using real plates and for this being a pretty balanced and healthy meal.

10 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

What's the current total? I'm assuming minus several thousand thanks to Derick's general Derickyness.

Not sure. Just started tallying. :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, Karma said:

Yes, you're right, Jessa did, @Mela99.  With the Dillard's grafting ways though, I would be surprised if they asked for donations to benefit others instead of gifts for themselves or donations for their mission-cation.

To be honest, I'd rather have them keep the stuff than donate it to a pregnancy "help" center.

2 hours ago, Lurky said:

To be fair to Jill, after Tater Tot Casserole, anything is a step up.  I always feel bad dissing the Duggar-spawn for getting excited about "new" food, because look at what they grew up with!  If they're enjoying cooking, that is a great thing.  Maybe they'll get cookbooks, and branch out.

And how fantastic that Jill loves D's cooking, because in her childhood home, cooking is for the wimmins to do to serve the menfolk, and here's her husband cooking for her and her children.  It must feel so shocking, and so amazing, whether she gets to sit down to a meal her husband has cooked for her, or they're cooking together, companionably, in the kitchen.  She remembers the days when there wasn't enough food and she had to hide in order to eat a full plate - no wonder she seems so proud of what most of us would think was basic.

I'm not sure whether Derick cooked that meal or not. But I agree. The food doesn't look too bad and seems to be relatively healthy. Maybe with some time whoever cooked will get better at it, but for now it's just good that they're trying new things.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow deleted my first draft of this post:) so just in short:

ATTENTION! not a native speaker (as the topic is sensitive)

I do not think that in the US S(E)S or SSD are a problem. Even in Germany people would probably just assume that your parents are uneducated and not directly jump to nazis or rasists.

A difference might arise in the business world. A lawyer with these initial should (in Germany) call his firm something different or always use a middle name (SES is fine or SD is fine). Educated Germans would probably go see a different lawyer otherwise (unconscious decision). And in job interviews this could be one of those unconscious decision makers too.

In general I do not think it ridiculous to point these things out to people.  While Jill and Jessa can not really be criticized for their name choices, there are a lot of educated people on this board for whom it is interesting that the fist thing an (educated) German thinks when hearing Spurgeon Seewald is not "Spurgeon???? what the f**K?" but "SS???? what the f***K?"

So cultural background and history play a huge role in how much importance we might place on the unfortunate initials of the Seewald/Dillard spawns.

Just a note: It is important that we in Germany are very aware of and remember the horrendous crimes committed by the SS (also Waffen-SS: Night of the long knifes, guarding the concentration camps, war and progrome (organized killings) in occupied countrys, killing civilians within germany). It is important that the crimes the SS stands for (althought they were not the only ones committing these) do not become a commonplace thing but are always held up as an deplorable act of inhumanity hopefully to nether repeat itself in history!

Derrick's recent bible tweets are verses about self-control and keeping your mouth shut. I wonder who those could possibly be aimed at...

:pow:

Derick can't hide behind a bible verse. His swath of destruction left behind by his begging, grifting and lazy behaviour speaks louder than words.

13 hours ago, Lurky said:

To be fair to Jill, after Tater Tot Casserole, anything is a step up.  I always feel bad dissing the Duggar-spawn for getting excited about "new" food, because look at what they grew up with!  If they're enjoying cooking, that is a great thing.  Maybe they'll get cookbooks, and branch out.

And how fantastic that Jill loves D's cooking, because in her childhood home, cooking is for the wimmins to do to serve the menfolk, and here's her husband cooking for her and her children.  It must feel so shocking, and so amazing, whether she gets to sit down to a meal her husband has cooked for her, or they're cooking together, companionably, in the kitchen.  She remembers the days when there wasn't enough food and she had to hide in order to eat a full plate - no wonder she seems so proud of what most of us would think was basic.

So fair warning I'm super emotional and gigantically pregnant but your post for some reason, I found super touching and I cried for a solid 5 minutes. It just made my day that someone had something so sensitive and empathic to say about another persons point of view. 

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

So fair warning I'm super emotional and gigantically pregnant but your post for some reason, I found super touching and I cried for a solid 5 minutes. It just made my day that someone had something so sensitive and empathic to say about another persons point of view. 

Aw, thank you.  Big love to you and your pregnancy hormones, and I hope everything goes perfectly for you x

Ok so i have to fess up. I'm from the land of casseroles and make a mean burrito casserole. And I've made plenty of recipes with cream of something soup in it. Now my physique will attest that this food is less than stellar for you, as i no longer have my girlish figure. :laughing-rollingred:So I can't judge them for anything they eat. When someone has a baby, or a potluck, or a funeral, this kind of food runs rampant in my circle. When you grow up eating a certain way, it's tough to learn how to enjoy new, healthy foods. Trying to get raw veggies into my diet is like pulling teeth. And if Dwreck is cooking some, that's great. I don't recall ever seeing boob in the kitchen on 19kac. 

20 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

And if Dwreck is cooking some, that's great. I don't recall ever seeing boob in the kitchen on 19kac. 

I do. He made tuna with BBQ sauce. *where's the pukey emoticons?*

On 6/10/2017 at 7:05 AM, OyToTheVey said:

We also don't have baby items in the house before the baby is born. Usually dad goes to the store to pick up everything that was ordered and placed on hold and assembles it while mom is still in the hospital. It's bad luck to have baby items in the house without an actual baby.

I'm Jewish and my best friend is not, I explained to her ahead of time that I wouldn't be buying anything for her baby until after she delivered. But that once the little one arrived, he/she would be spolied rotten. So at her baby shower, my gifts were ones just for her - a comfy robe and nightgown, her favorite lotions. Her daughter is almost 9 now and I've made good on my promise to spoil her. 

I told everyone not to buy one single item before #1 was born. One friend couldn't resist and bought a pair of scratch mittens. 

We bought a pram but had it stored at the shop. Nothing for the baby was allowed in the house until the baby arrived. 

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Oh my god. I forgot about that. :wtsf:

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

Excuse me I'll be right back I need to projectile vomit...... Okay I'm back. I remember that and thought it was one of the most disgusting thing I'd seen. 

On 6/6/2017 at 6:25 PM, OyToTheVey said:

I'm weirded out by the revealing pregnancy before first trimester and the naming baby before birth thing. It's so unusual for me. But I'm Jewish we don't do those things ever. Most women 'announce' at 4 months. And definitely no one names the baby before birth. 

Yeah, with me being Jewish as well, I don't think I've ever heard of people naming children before birth...except for the Duggars & Bates, apparently. :pb_razz: But I can't snark on Jill & Derick for choosing Samuel and Scott because -

1. my boyfriend's name is Samuel.

2. my Uncle's name is Scott.

...consider me biased! :giggle:

3 hours ago, marmalade said:

That's a worse combination than the time my brother put cheez whiz on a marshmallow (he figured he liked them independently so combining them would be amazing. He was wrong)

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Nothing for the baby was allowed in the house until the baby arrived. 

We are not Jewish, but one of my brothers was adamant about not buying baby things before the baby arrived safely.  Worked out ok for clothes and the pram, since his then wife had a c section and was in hospital for 5 days, so plenty to time to buy all that.   But when he took her car to get a baby capsule fitted in it, he was told that it couldn't be done since it was a sporty type car and there wasn't room for the rear facing capsule.  He had an older 4WD which didn't have a bolt installed in it.  I get not buying the capsule before the baby is born, but he should have at least done the research!

My mum had to swap cars with the then wife until the baby moved to a forward facing seat.  My brother did get a bolt installed in his 4WD a few weeks later.

I've been lurking on here for years, but wanted to chip in here. 

My initials are SS and I have had no problems ever, other than a few snarky comments at work saying it's not surprising that I am bossy! :my_dodgy: 

My mum is HMS, so I guess we are just a family of ships! 

Wolf girl's initials were SS without the middle initial. No one said anything, and we didn't notice. Changed when she got married.

8 hours ago, loveformusic said:

Yeah, with me being Jewish as well, I don't think I've ever heard of people naming children before birth...except for the Duggars & Bates, apparently. :pb_razz: But I can't snark on Jill & Derick for choosing Samuel and Scott because -

1. my boyfriend's name is Samuel.

2. my Uncle's name is Scott.

...consider me biased! :giggle:

It's actually getting more common. I've known several people who announced the name once they knew the sex. I can get how that wouldn't be so common in other areas though, especially those areas with high populations of cultures where that isn't really done (such as Judaism.)

I actually find the differences really interesting and cool to learn about. 

8 hours ago, Karma said:

We are not Jewish, but one of my brothers was adamant about not buying baby things before the baby arrived safely.  Worked out ok for clothes and the pram, since his then wife had a c section and was in hospital for 5 days, so plenty to time to buy all that.   But when he took her car to get a baby capsule fitted in it, he was told that it couldn't be done since it was a sporty type car and there wasn't room for the rear facing capsule.  He had an older 4WD which didn't have a bolt installed in it.  I get not buying the capsule before the baby is born, but he should have at least done the research!

My mum had to swap cars with the then wife until the baby moved to a forward facing seat.  My brother did get a bolt installed in his 4WD a few weeks later.

This would have been a nightmare for us. We both have anxiety and preparing ahead of time is the only reason I didn't have a complete melt down when baby came prematurely (had some ridiculously bad panic attacks though - fun times!) We had the furniture setup, had the car seat and bases ready, clothes were ready to be worn... my husband and my mom (mostly my mom) did a lot of running around that week Velocibaby was in NICU to make sure we had preemie clothes, bottle nipples, and everything else she might have needed when she first got home.

Way too stressful for us. If we are fortunate enough to have a second baby, then I'll want pretty much everything done before 30 weeks. And I'll make sure to pack our hospital bags around then too - mine was all packed right before I wound up delivering, but we left it at home thinking I wasn't going to deliver when I did. And husband hadn't packed at all. His parents were nice enough to drive 30 minutes to our place, pack his stuff, and drive back 30 minutes to drop it off with us. But yeah. Bags will be packed and going with us next time. :pb_lol:

Not having a car seat would have freaked me out as well, @VelociRapture.  I had the cradle made, clothes washed, bag packed and the capsule borrowed or hired both times.  Capsule was installed in the car before I went to hospital with #1, but DH turned up at the hospital to pick me and #2 up and admitted he couldn't work it out.  (Installation places weren't so common back then I guess.). I had to do it in the car park...lucky I hadn't had a csection!  

When another brothers wife had #3 after a very long gap, they'd been told they could hire a capsule from the hospital.  But lots of babies were born that month and there were none.  My dad ended up going to Kmart (county town, only shop which stocked them, getting late on a Saturday) to buy one, because they couldn't leave hospital without one.  But Kmart was out of stock, so he ended up with a convertible seat.  I would NOT have liked such uncertainty!

What I didn't have ready for #1 was a change table.  I'd special ordered a tall one since I'd had such back trouble, and it wasn't ready when I had DD 10 days early. I was balling my eyes out about it when the ob arrived to check me 3 days post birth.  He suggested I should stay in hospital for a week -presumably he was concerned about post natal depression.  So funny in hindsight to be so bothered about a changetable.  Hormones!

I am not Jewish, but I am superstitious, and I was VERY leery of having anything at all for a baby in the house before One was born. After all, he was adopted, and the birth mother had time to change her mind, even after the birth and placement. I was terrified beforehand that she'd change her mind, and getting rid of a bunch of baby stuff would have been a nightmare for me. It wasn't as difficult with Two, as all the stuff was in storage.

I am Jewish (my baby even had a pidyon haben) and bought all kinds of stuff before he was born, decorated the nursery with his name, and called him by it before he was born.  I know people that wont do that, but considering all the ultrasounds we had I "knew" him and needed to call him by his name.  I guess to each his own.

On 6/11/2017 at 3:18 AM, Lurky said:

Maybe they'll get cookbooks, and branch out.

They think they're great cooks though. They gifted Erin Paine a cookbook of their recipes for her wedding

3 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

They think they're great cooks though. They gifted Erin Paine a cookbook of their recipes for her wedding

Was it just printouts from google?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived