IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

34 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I apologize again, I obviously don't know what I am doing and made it worse, I hope a mod remove the large images.

I made a report that you needed help with your pictures. (Cute kitty!) You also can always hit the thing that looks like a little flag and make a report on your own post that you need help. :)

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lurker - she is holding court like the Queen of Sheba. You've heard the expression "dogs have owners, cats have staff"?  So I say her name could be Sheba or Cleo (as in Cleopatra).  She is gorgeous.  

Congrats on your fur baby, I'm glad she has her forever home.  I would love to have a cat but can't in my apartment.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I apologize again, I obviously don't know what I am doing and made it worse, I hope a mod remove the large images.

Never mind. @WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?already helped out.

1 hour ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Getting out of bed in the morning is hard! Especially when you don't like your job.

Oh wait, that's me.

And they don't have jobs to hide from.

Maybe he's trying real hard to throw subtle shade towards Josh Duggar (is a Douche) and he's just failing miserably - because he's Hipster Jesus and that's how he rolls.

But seriously. It's probably just the proverbs thing like someone mentioned.

1 hour ago, Greendoor said:

Ok let's get going on baby #3, or even #4

Israel's initials are IDD

Samuel's are SSD

So Baby 3 will be  D?D - Daniel ???? Dillard

And I guess baby 3 DDD - D????  D???? Dillard

I don't have any specific guesses. I do think looking at their family trees will be very useful for the next baby though. Both their boys have names appearing in their families (David, Samuel, and Scott.) I think it's a safe bet that they'll continue turning to their families for inspiration.

I do think they'll stick with Biblical style names as well. Israel and Samuel both fit, as well as Selah (first name they would have given Izzy had he been a girl.) If hat theme holds, then I think their first girl will likely have one of four names included, possibly as a middle name: Michelle (Jill's middle name and her mom), Cathy (Derick's mom), Marie/Mary (Jana's middle name and Grandma Duggar), or Annette (Michelle's middle name.)

We are down to Cleo or Ursa for her name.

I've been staff to cats for 50 -/+  years and this one is pretty low key compared to my last two Siamese.

2 hours ago, Greendoor said:

Ok let's get going on baby #3, or even #4

Israel's initials are IDD

Samuel's are SSD

So Baby 3 will be  D?D - Daniel ???? Dillard

And I guess baby 3 DDD - D????  D???? Dillard

They're only four letters away from spelling out Israel, so I'm going with that:

1- Israel

2- Samuel

3- Rachel

4- Abel

5- Ezekiel

6- Lael or Lemuel

And as part of my prediction (and hope) for less girls in the cult, only 1 girl for Jill and Derick (although I'm pretty sure Jill would eventually use the name Selah for a girl).

I am still surprised they are going with Samuel. With Israel and Spurgeon as inspiration I was trying to think up similar names they might go with. It never occurred to me to consider Samuel. I assumed Jill and Derrick would think it was too simple after choosing Israel David.

In the last year my 3 nieces have had 4 daughters, so I've suddenly become more attuned to the whole having babies deal. I knew all of the genders and names midway in the pregnancies. Back in the dark ages when I gave birth no one announced names prior to the baby's arrival.

I'm happy I learned the g'niece's names early because I'm embroidering Christmas stockings w/ their names on them and those take months to do, so it was great to get a head start & have a hope of having all 4 stockings done by next Christmas.

11 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

He's looking less freakish, but the bags under his eyes are concerning! Via Instagram.

Screenshot_20170606-212508.png

Don't diss on the eye bags. I have them too. Of course, I'm a good 20 years older than he is. 

4 hours ago, Browneyed Girl said:

Lurker - she is holding court like the Queen of Sheba. You've heard the expression "dogs have owners, cats have staff"?  So I say her name could be Sheba or Cleo (as in Cleopatra).  She is gorgeous. 

That's funny, I just jotted down four names to suggest and then went to read the rest of the thread first. Two of them were Sheba and Cleopatra. (The other two were Esmeralda and Octavia.) And now I see @Lurker was thinking of Cleo too. That is definitely a magnificent looking cat!

5 hours ago, Browneyed Girl said:

Congrats on your fur baby, I'm glad she has her forever home.  I would love to have a cat but can't in my apartment.

We have a Kleo. She has major eye stripes going on from her tabby side, but we didn't fancy Cleopatra as it somehow didn't suit her. Turns out Kleo is a muse of history, philosophy, and poetry.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Don't diss on the eye bags. I have them too. Of course, I'm a good 20 years older than he is. 

I don't think the eye bags are concerning, because he already had them a couple of years ago (in the Nepal/courting stage)

Here's the full picture @TheDuggarnautposted:

Jill responded to one comment. Apparently, the woman's husband played Pistol Pete and is pictured (likely in costume) on the growth chart they have for Izzy.

(And to head things off - Jill looks perfectly normal for being around 36 weeks pregnant. She just seems to carry big and seems to make big babies. Plus, the shirt may not be a maternity shirt.)

Back to their announcing the name, I think this is really really common nowadays... I'm around 30 and I and a lot of my friends are at that point where we're getting pregnant. I and literally 5-6 of my FB friends are currently pregnant and due between now and the end of September, and at least 3 of them have announced the name on FB, so half. On FB. I think it's really just a matter of comfort and where applicable your own cultural or religious norms now, the same as when to announce a pregnancy or when/whether to announce gender. It's not an oddball move like it used to be.  And actually I understand why- if you and your spouse/partner have picked a name and no matter what happens you're committed to using it, it naturally flows that between you you start referring to the baby by that name, and at that point I get the desire to just tell others.

With that being said my husband and I have not personally announced the name, but we certainly have picked one and probably at this point if my family were forward enough to ask we'd tell them, though as a matter of personal preference we won't be telling FB.

(May we leave the 'gender' (reveal) terminology to the Duggars et al and refer instead to the baby's sex, please?)  

I think it's precious that the Dillards are honourIng the Rodriguii by naming their child after one of their sons. :wink:

On 6/4/2017 at 4:02 PM, HarryPotterFan said:

Plus JB would have a cow over Jill having to study male anatomy/being defrauded by male patients.

I just spent a few days in a hospital to help a friend and her family (dad's the patient), and having seen alllll of her father during that time I can attest that, well, sometimes a penis is just a penis. It's a shame that fundies aren't given the chance to grow out of that taboo. (By the way, I am increasingly convinced that nurses are saints.)

It seems that Derick's time in college is something the Dillards talk about frequently as a family, even visiting his old dorm on Counting On and whatnot. We see Israel in OSU shirts often in pictures and that freaky-looking mascot Pistol Pete is mentioned and showed constantly. All of this OSU culture worship is going to be weird if Jill and Derick's kids then aren't allowed to go to college. 

19 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm sure she's hoping for a July 4th baby because Murica!

July 4th birthday also supports free/cheap birthday parties - pack a picnic and watch the fireworks

I always find it a little weird when people name their kids before they actually meet them. But then again they all do look pretty much the same when they arrive so if you want to name your kid a name that suit them you either have to wait until they are a few months old or name them Potato. 

39 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

It seems that Derick's time in college is something the Dillards talk about frequently as a family, even visiting his old dorm on Counting On and whatnot. We see Israel in OSU shirts often in pictures and that freaky-looking mascot Pistol Pete is mentioned and showed constantly. All of this OSU culture worship is going to be weird if Jill and Derick's kids then aren't allowed to go to college. 

I'm sure Derick wants one of his sons to be Pistol Pete like he and his dad before him. It seems like that's the time that Dwreck's ego was at its highest and he wants his sons to live that too, he just has to hope the "education" Jill gives their kids is good enough. 

22 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

I always find it a little weird when people name their kids before they actually meet them. But then again they all do look pretty much the same when they arrive so if you want to name your kid a name that suit them you either have to wait until they are a few months old or name them Potato. 

I think it's just a way to further bond with baby, particularly for the parent who isn't carrying the baby. And I believe some hospitals won't let you leave without a name, so may as well have one in mind that you know you like before mom is deliriously exhausted from labor and can hardly think anymore!

We went to the hospital with a "primary" name choice that we had been using, and a backup, because I've heard stories from people who went in with a name already decided, and when baby arrived they looked at him/her and said "Wow, s/he really doesn't look like an (insertname)." I knew someone who felt like the name they had chosen didn't fit their new son, but they went with it anyway since they had already told everyone that was his name, and a few months later she was still experiencing "name regret" so they ended up getting it legally changed. So I see what you're saying about waiting until you meet baby to start calling him by a name. Fortunately in our case, our first name choice was perfect for her. :)

14 hours ago, The limit does not exist said:

I made the mistake of asking my Jewish coworker (from Israel) if they had any names that they liked. She said they don't speak the name out loud until the Rabbi does a ceremony after the birth. I had never heard of that before and was super embarrassed... oops!

It's all good. We all know that most people don't know that part of Judaism. But yeah the name is never said out loud until the Rabbi does the ceremony, naming ceremony for girl, bris for boy. Both at 8 days old. It's like here this baby is named this and he/she is part of the tribe. It's considered a huge celebration.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived