IGNORED

Dillards 30 - Lawsuit Tweets and Leaving Danger America

choralcrusader8613

9 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

Someone in the comments linked to a recipe for it (one of many commenters who thought it looked so good and wanted to try it...I just don't even...). I don't know if this is the exact recipe they used, but it does look like it: http://www.amishworkshops.com/recipes/wet-burrito-casserole.html

Cream of mushroom soup? WHY?

Sounds like something the Duggars would make. Lots of canned ingredients. Now I've never had cream of anything soup so I don't really know, but it sounds like something that would have lots of sodium.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I just take a moment to appreciate the fact that Derick ate off a plate not made of paper or styrofoam?

Ten points to Team Dillard!

But that "burrito" is just a crime against nature. Seriously. Maybe enchilada would have been a better comparison.

So eleven points from Team Dillard!

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Sounds like something the Duggars would make. Lots of canned ingredients. Now I've never had cream of anything soup so I don't really know, but it sounds like something that would have lots of sodium.

I've never had cream of mushroom soup, but I despise mushrooms, and I dislike all cream sauces, even normal things like alfredo. Tomatoes are one of my very favorite foods, so to me, making a burrito sauce with cream of mushroom instead of some type of tomato-based salsa is a crime against Mexican food.

And I understand that SOME foods can taste good but not look appetizing. The weird thing is that this colorless mush both looks and sounds gross, yet Derrick thought it was worth bragging about on Instagram, and the fans were salivating over it. I'm not a foodie or anything. I'm not ashamed to say that sometimes Easy Mac hits the spot. But I won't be sending pics bragging about how someone fixed me this delicious, nutritious meal.

"Oh he cooks great!" Jill, do you mean "Oh he's a great cook?" Otherwise, it would be "He cooks well."  SOTDRT strikes again! 

16 hours ago, Jenn The Heathen said:

This baby sprinkle business really bugs me and I can't put my finger on why.  Perhaps it's because the Dullards seemingly don't pay for anything themselves.  Are they going to have a sprinkle for each of the 20 kids they have?

I think they do all these parties because basically they have nothing else to do.  I've thought that ever since I saw the flamingo decorating for someone's gender reveal party.  Like a hundred plastic birds drilled into a frozen lawn, what a waste of time.  And the soapbox derby or whatever it was where the boys had to build cars and tracks.  They must just sit around all day dying for a project or socializing so any excuse will do.

2 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

You missed the posts way back where all those soup variations were referred to as "cream of crap" soup.  :)

I just cannot understand what Derick does all day. Is he so damn busy he can't prepare a simple meal for him and his kid while his pregnant wife has a night out?

My initials are DGL. One of the down sides of being a half-generation kid is that I always secretly longed for some other Magic Roundabout fan to give me the nickname 'Dougal'. Never happened :(

On 08/06/2017 at 0:13 AM, OyToTheVey said:

It's all good. We all know that most people don't know that part of Judaism. But yeah the name is never said out loud until the Rabbi does the ceremony, naming ceremony for girl, bris for boy. Both at 8 days old. It's like here this baby is named this and he/she is part of the tribe. It's considered a huge celebration.

Forgive me for what I know must be a stupid question - but do you discuss baby names with your partner during pregnancy (or from birth - 7 days) by writing them down?

That "burrito" looks disgusting, but very Duggary. 

I don't get wanting to put cream of soup in EVERYTHING. I'll admit I use cream of mushroom when I cook pork chops sometimes. but that's it.

4 hours ago, adidas said:

Forgive me for what I know must be a stupid question - but do you discuss baby names with your partner during pregnancy (or from birth - 7 days) by writing them down?

Most couples discuss it between themselves. They just don't call the baby by the name. For the Duggars a baby is a baby when the sperm hits the egg, for us it's not official until the rabbi gives a blessing. It's more like there's a baby named this and welcome him/her to the tribe. The ultra orthodox(fundies) don't even take pictures while pregnant. And when women 'announce' they never say the actual word 'pregnant'.  

PS: It's not really a religion thing. It's more of a superstitious thing. I guess it counts as part of the religion. We also don't have baby items in the house before the baby is born. Usually dad goes to the store to pick up everything that was ordered and placed on hold and assembles it while mom is still in the hospital. It's bad luck to have baby items in the house without an actual baby.

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That "burrito" looks disgusting, but very Duggary. 

Derrick said almost all food groups in the burritos... l'm guessing everything except vegetables! 

Jill looks great and that food actually looks pretty good. And actual plates again!

Five points Team Dillard (though I'm deducting three because I just can't with the awkward wording in the caption. So two points Team Dillard!)

16 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

"Oh he cooks great!" Jill, do you mean "Oh he's a great cook?" Otherwise, it would be "He cooks well."  SOTDRT strikes again! 

I had a friend,she liked to have a few drinks.She came over,usually she had a mixed drink in her hand.She came without one...she said"Melon,Ain't you got no beer?" I was horrified by her bad grammar...sorry.Another one that irks me is when someone says " No more",instead of "Anymore".I am not the grammar police,and I make mistakes,too.Back to the thread!

So the Dullards continue to use grifted money when they are home, right? Guess so. So someone paid for this dinner out. They should be at home eating beans and rice and green beans. 

So strange. So very strange. 

Ooo it's the "Let's eat Grandpa game". ...if she really feels he cooks well, perhaps we didn't oughta discourage her ;)

As the wife of a chef, if that charred messs is supposed to be salmon then I am seriously offended on behalf of the fish.

You can't even tell its salmon. Salmon is so good when done right, why would you do that to the poor thing. It looks more like charred sponge cake.

Isn't salmon supposed to be that beautiful pinkish/orangeish colour? :my_confused:

3 hours ago, VelociRapture said:
Five points Team Dillard (though I'm deducting three because I just can't with the awkward wording in the caption. So two points Team Dillard!)

What's the current total? I'm assuming minus several thousand thanks to Derick's general Derickyness.

I agree this SS garbage is a waste of everyone's time. The kid has a good name. Sit down and thank the Good Sweet Lord that they are giving him a normal name.

Also - nobody raised the SS flag about Spurgeon Seewald??

Also, regarding the "wet burrito casserole" fiasco - I am pleasantly surprised by Jill's insta comments. I think this is the first time I've seen either of them be self-aware. Maybe... maybe they're evolving! 

Didn't Jessa insist on donated gifts to that horrible pregnancy "help center"? Maybe Jilly asked for crap for their mission. 

But then, I would absolutely believe Jessa/JIll/any Duggar would have no shame putting out a box for gift cards or 'love offerings' even if the overall plan was donations.

Yes, you're right, Jessa did, @Mela99.  With the Dillard's grafting ways though, I would be surprised if they asked for donations to benefit others instead of gifts for themselves or donations for their mission-cation.

To be fair to Jill, after Tater Tot Casserole, anything is a step up.  I always feel bad dissing the Duggar-spawn for getting excited about "new" food, because look at what they grew up with!  If they're enjoying cooking, that is a great thing.  Maybe they'll get cookbooks, and branch out.

And how fantastic that Jill loves D's cooking, because in her childhood home, cooking is for the wimmins to do to serve the menfolk, and here's her husband cooking for her and her children.  It must feel so shocking, and so amazing, whether she gets to sit down to a meal her husband has cooked for her, or they're cooking together, companionably, in the kitchen.  She remembers the days when there wasn't enough food and she had to hide in order to eat a full plate - no wonder she seems so proud of what most of us would think was basic.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived