IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

55 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I would pity the children in that situation.  Because we all know, hell would break loose on the one who wouldn't or couldn't do for her the way she wanted.  The one who would concede and take her in would rue it for the rest of his or her life.  

My mother has an old friend from high school who became hardcore fundie. Her husband died about a year and a half ago. She is convinced that her children have to do everything for her now. She is also into all the gender roles. As soon as the husband died, she expected her sons who live near her to come do every single thing for her exactly when she wanted them to. She wouldn't even drive the car to the dealership to get the oil changed "because that's a man's job". Her sons have jobs and wives and kids and refused to do everything for her. She fought and fought with them and finally moved out of state to live with her daughter's family instead. And now it sounds like that is not going well, either.

My father died about six weeks before this woman's husband. My visually impaired mother is doing better living on her own than this able bodied fully sighted woman did. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...if we ever needed confirmation that Lori is passive aggressive.  

Spoiler

Last week Lori did an Instagram on the evils of women's retreats.  Turns out, she was just taking a subtle dig. 

From her DILS (public) Instagram:

Last week at the church women's retreat, I stumbled upon this gem of a shop on 

You can't convince me that was an accident.  Lori was shaming her.

Lori 6 days ago:

11 minutes ago, EowynW said:

She's such a b*tch 

I just can't fathom the gall she has.  She's is the definition of a busybody.

I think Lori just birches about women's and marriage retreats because she's never gotten to speak at one as we m ow she wants to. Why else would she change the blog and write a book? She longs to be one of the women who work the circuit!

So, was Lori upset that her precious Steven was left to do "women's work" and take care of his own daughter? We have no reason to believe he is anything but a loving and invloved father BUT we know Ken found his own children to be very "uninteresting."  We also know that Ken and Lori's experience absolutely must be the experience of every other person on the planet EVER. Lori probably assumes her DIL came home from the retreat and picked a fight. 

Therefore, Steven and Emily are in for twenty three years of absolute misery until Emily allows herself to be spanked by Debi Pearl's words and submits. 

4 hours ago, Curious said:

When Ken was here, you could catch glimpses of the man he might have been if he hadn't married Lori.  Personally, and I know this isn't a popular opinion here, I think Ken could have been a pretty decent guy if he hadn't ever met Lori and hadn't been subjected to her ... personality for all these years.

I can almost feel sorry for him, but then he does something stupid and I lose whatever sympathy I mustered up.

I also think that too. Maybe, if he married a woman who came from a similar economic background that might have helped quite a bit.

1 minute ago, lilwriter85 said:

I also think that too. Maybe, if he married a woman who came from a similar economic background that might have helped quite a bit.

Or perhaps married someone that actually loved him and you know, really *wanted* to marry him, not just whatever paycheck she found stumbling by.

4 hours ago, Curious said:

What if something happens to Ken?  You hear on the news all the time how people are randomly killed in accidents, have heart attacks suddenly, even at young ages, etc.   What if, heaven forbid, he develops dementia and requires round the clock are or to be put in a facility, which is not cheap.   The facilities I have been in run $5-10k per month, for example.   I have not been in extravagant facilities.  One we looked at (a 10k/month one), we walked in and both my husband and I were immediately like "not this one."  We went ahead and took the "tour" since we were there, but I wouldn't have left my worst enemy (or Lori) in that place.

Lori is going to fall someday and she is so far up on her pedestal now that it's going to hurt like a bitch when she finally falls.

I also think Lori will someday meet the bible verse "pride goeth before a fall". She seems keen on the the belief that if something happened to Ken that she could turn to her kids for financial support. If Ken developed dementia or some other long term serious illness there is chance that his retirement fund and other savings they have could depleted. Like you said, nursing facilities can cost quite a bit. Some people with dementia are able to remain at home if they family gets help from home care agencies. Ken and Lori would be nightmares for a home caregiver for different reasons. I worked in home health care during college. I had one great client and I had another client whose wife made everything difficult. Maybe, Lori would push her son Ryan or daughter Alyssa into helping care for Ken.

26 minutes ago, Curious said:

Or perhaps married someone that actually loved him and you know, really *wanted* to marry him, not just whatever paycheck she found stumbling by.

I think I am repeating myself (sorry) but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why he married her. She is very clear in her book that they argued from day one. She admits she is the one that started the arguments. They argued on dates; they argued at holidays; they even argued on their honeymoon.  He saw the true Lori way before they got married and yet he still went through with it. I think he saw financial security and regular sex and thought "what the heck?" 

To me, it's a "which came first?" problem. Lori was a shrew from day one, but Ken was clearly selfish and we also know he had very high expectations of his wife based on his own submissive mother. He would not even give up his precious basketball. I know Lori was miserable to be around but he didn't even care enough to stay in the house and give his kids some kind of happiness. I also think Lori talked him out of the ministry so he could make more money. To even the score, Ken gladly traveled half the year so Lori could see the cost of his career change. Again, though, he didn't seem to care enough about his kids to find a job that allowed him to be home more. So, they were left with a mother that beat them regularly and made them spend hours in their room each day. 

Of course, this is all speculation and, clearly, I need to get a life. 

58 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

I also think Lori will someday meet the bible verse "pride goeth before a fall". She seems keen on the the belief that if something happened to Ken that she could turn to her kids for financial support. 

I personally have always thought Lori's fall would likely come in the form of a "scandal."  Perhaps one of her children will end up divorced or, more likely, her marriage to Ken will crumble. That is assuming their marriage is not already hanging on by a thread. Of course, she will never let anybody know if such a thing happens but, if we start seeing more erratic writing, more anger, fewer comments from Ken....I think we will start picking up on subtle changes if/when things fall apart. 

I have always thought Ken and Lori proclaim much too loudly how peaceful and strong their marriage is. They are like the televangelists or politicians who scream the loudest about the "sins" in which they are partaking. It's like Cabinet Man and his whole tirade about how "I AM NOT AN ABUSER!"  

Saying things a thousand times and calling each other "babes" does not convince us they are happily married. 

I don't know how Lori's fall from pride will go, but I'm going to be a bitch and hope it's public.

2 hours ago, jerkit said:

Emily bought purple yoga pants last week. So expect a PA post this week.

What is the link to her instagram ? (I assume that's where you found this)

Her self pity is satanic video is terrible. Someone commented and said they are sending it to their friend who struggled with depression and anxiety so bad it out her in the hospital. 

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Her self pity is satanic video is terrible. Someone commented and said they are sending it to their friend who struggled with depression and anxiety so bad it out her in the hospital. 

Yes, Lori going on about how you aren't allowed to be unhappy is definitely a video that someone who has struggled with depression needs to see. Excellent idea. 

And why did she film that sitting in the driver's seat of her car? Aside from looking stupid, isn't she supposed to be in her house? Aren't godly women never, ever supposed to leave the house? 

Self pity is satanic. Wow. Maybe in Lori's own mind she feels that she doesn't pity herself but she's created an identity around being ill. Somehow that seems so much worse. She trots out her illness whenever convenient and never misses an opportunity to highlight it or use it to her advantage.

In contrast, many folks with major chronic illnesses find a way to persevere and search for ways to be independent. Self-sufficiency is a point of pride. 

8 hours ago, Hisey said:

What is the link to her instagram ? (I assume that's where you found this)

emalexander89

5 hours ago, EowynW said:

Emily's inty is showing private now. Yea someone is reading here. 

My app must've been glitching. It's back open now

I took a few days off from my online life. I return to find the same tired song of legalism and hypocrisy at TTW:

women shouldn't work ... said the woman who doesn't have to

women shouldn't preach ... said the woman who does exactly that from her online pulpit

So, was Lori upset that her precious Steven was left to do "women's work"

Fuck that noise! I was sick most of the day yesterday. My husband did "women's work" without being asked or complaining. It's called being a loving husband. Fuck you, you crazy ass bitch!

15 hours ago, Koala said:

Last week Lori did an Instagram on the evils of women's retreats.  Turns out, she was just taking a subtle dig. 

From her DILS (public) Instagram:

Last week at the church women's retreat, I stumbled upon this gem of a shop on 

You can't convince me that was an accident.  Lori was shaming her.

Oh, I totally agree. I think some of those comments in that "sweet" letter to her son were also direct pokes at her DIL, too. 

I hope her son either has the balls to stand up to her, or the young family is smart enough to just limit their contact with her. She's poison.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived