IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

9 hours ago, Hisey said:

(The beach dress is far from modest, as it is so sheer you can see her legs. Your MIL would not approve, Em! ).

It also looks quite short. Don't bend over! And I had to giggle at the sister's white, sheer-when-wet yoga pants/leggings. Lori must have been hyperventilating. Or is it only a problem when *other* women wear those things? 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was reading the article on the TW page. No Lori, we all want people who are nice and kind. I refused to marry a man who wasn't kind. My husband is the kindest, gentlest person I know. And he definitely equally sets the tone for our home. 

So true EowynW.  A jerk man doesn't get to demand kindness, niceness and assume it is his due -- just because he has a peen.

Years ago a single male friend of mine was bemoaning his lack of dating life and complaining that he didn't understand what women wanted.

After he finished venting I told him it was simple --- Treat us nice and make us laugh.  He sputtered and hemmed and hawed and said that couldn't be it, Woman wanted a man with a big job, fancy car, lots of money, movie star looks.

I told him all that was nice, but if the man was a jerk and an asshat it made him a rich, handsome jerk asshat and not what a woman wants.

I told him "treat us nice" was just that, in all facets of our life -- be kind, be thoughtful, be considerate (in and out of bed). Think about what we might like, not just about yourself and what you're getting from the relationship. "Make us laugh" was literally make us laugh, make us happy to be with you so we want to be with you.  Be cheerful, friendly, not grouchy and angry all the time.

I think he took my advice because fast forward 11 years and he's been happily married for 8.5 years to a great woman with a little girl he adores.-- a real Patio Daddy-o.   The grouchy guy I knew is gone.

Mr. Dress and I were at the wedding, and my friend was so overcome he was tearing up during his vows. Afterward he told me he couldn't believe how lucky he was to find X and that he couldn't believe she loved him. He swore he's never do anything to change that.  Judging by what I know of their relationship I think he's kept that promise.

19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Absolutely...I have a BA in Biblical Studies from Liberty University...and, in ALL my classes, to defend the meaning of a particular passage of scripture, especially in the Old Testament, there were numerous factors involved in the interpretation. Literary genre, historical context, application to the 21st century, understanding that history was recorded MUCH differently in ancient times than in modern times. My professors demanded quite rigorous research for all the freaking papers I wrote. The issue of "submission" was my final NT class paper. Yeah...that took me a month to research. I can tell you that my conclusions were the complete opposite of the bullshit Lori spews. But, I did what she would never do...RESEARCH.

::::::steps off soapbox:::::

I agree. In addition to the problem of interpretation, there is the problem of translation.

The KJV wasn't even translated from the original languages the texts were written in. It was translated from a Latin translation of those texts. A translation of a translation, exponentially increasing the likelihood of errors.

Even direct translations can be fraught with peril. Many of the difficulties of interpretation hold true for translation. Translater bias is a real problem.

My life as a Christ follower does not require me to idolize a library, which is actually what any version of the bible is. There are many books written by many authors in all of them. I rely on the Holy Spirit.

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

I can be kind and go to work. Just saying.

Of course you can, but Ken would tell you it is the wrong type of kindness. He loves to tell us that we all may be happy in our non-submissive  marriages; our husbands may be very happy and content; but since it is not the "true way," then that kind of happiness doesn't count. 

Of course, Lori does not go to a job every day and she has yet to learn how to be kind. I'm not sure how they spin that but whatta I know?  

Of course, Lori does not go to a job every day and she has yet to learn how to be kind. I'm not sure how they spin that but whatta I know?  

Lori is being kind to us by angrily pointing out our evil sinful ways, don't you know? There is no greater kindness than that. You've gotta scream people into the kingdom. Because that always works.

I can't believe she's not a neo-Calvinist because those people love to tell everyone how awful they are and proclaim it the epitome of godliness. See ex-gay Emily Thomes for a dose of that.

24 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Of course you can, but Ken would tell you it is the wrong type of kindness. He loves to tell us that we all may be happy in our non-submissive  marriages; our husbands may be very happy and content; but since it is not the "true way," then that kind of happiness doesn't count. 

Yea he and I got into a tiff about that a couple of months ago. And Trey. They ganged up and said Mr. EW was weak and influenced by feminism and we weren't really happy. 

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

Yet he also says:

It might surprise you too that my marriage is very much egalitarian in the way it functions, and I like it that way

Lori and I try to please each other and I am not very demanding, so she gets everything she wants

That I believe.  She always has.

Lori:

Ask my sisters.  They will tell you I always got my way.

Of course Ken also says:

Here is where we have the biggest concern about Christians who choose to model their marriages after an egalitarian model instead of a truly Biblical model of a husband's loving leadership and a wife's respect and submission. We hear much talk about how well egalitarianism worked for their parents, or works in their marriage, and we think, "That's great!" It is always fun to find a marriage that is loving and working. But the Christian misses the point of what God is trying to do in this world if they are determining their choice of marriage model based on what works as opposed to what God calls His best. 

An egalitarian marriage is all about "our marriage," but a one flesh marriage is where the husband is head and the wife his loving complement united as one with Christ, obedient to His truths, and experiencing the very Spirit of God flowing in and through their marriage. 

Lori and Ken talk to hear themselves talk.

5 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori and Ken talk to hear themselves talk.

At least they know that there are two listeners, lol.  Waste of protoplasm, they are.

1 minute ago, Granwych said:

At least they know that there are two listeners

In her letter to her "steadfast son", not one single family member (aside from Ken) commented.  Not her children, not her sisters, and not the daughter-in-law who asked her to write it.  

I can't help but wonder how often they all just sit back and shake their heads at her making herself look foolish with that blog.

4 minutes ago, Koala said:

In her letter to her "steadfast son", not one single family member (aside from Ken) commented.  Not her children, not her sisters, and not the daughter-in-law who asked her to write it.  

I can't help but wonder how often they all just sit back and shake their heads at her making herself look foolish with that blog.

Well Ken is her biggest leghumper. 

Have her kids ever defended her on social media? 

3 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Well Ken is her biggest leghumper. 

Have her kids ever defended her on social media? 

The youngest tried to defend her book on Amazon.  Other than that, I don't think we've ever heard a sound out of any of them.  The entire family seems to distance themselves from Lori's online presence.

Two of her aunts (mother's sisters) have commented on her blog to express displeasure over things she's written (mostly about her parents not setting a godly example, but a couple of other things as well).

She used to blog about her other son and his parenting (which is downright shitty based on what Lori has said), but after FJ took notice of those posts, she pretty much stopped mentioning them.  

I can't help but believe they got a lot of negative feedback, and asked Lori to leave them out of it.

That latest notebook doodle....ffs.

Of course, if a woman works the family home is dark and cheerless.

Yes. All families of working women actually live in dungeons. I'm glad Lori has exposed that horror to the world.

9 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

That latest notebook doodle....ffs.

Of course, if a woman works the family home is dark and cheerless.

Yes. All families of working women actually live in dungeons. I'm glad Lori has exposed that horror to the world.

Well I had a T2 SAHM mom and my sis & I have our share of mental screw ups to work through because of it. 

I just read through that Stephen Martin's FB page and am now having a mild anxiety attack at what I just read. Lori is evil evil evil if she listens to and suppprts ungodly men such as these. 

19 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I just read through that Stephen Martin's FB page and am now having a mild anxiety attack at what I just read. Lori is evil evil evil if she listens to and suppprts ungodly men such as these. 

:pb_eek: I'm scrolling down through some of this man's stuff and he's more appalling than Trey! :pb_confused:

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I agree. In addition to the problem of interpretation, there is the problem of translation.

The KJV wasn't even translated from the original languages the texts were written in. It was translated from a Latin translation of those texts. A translation of a translation, exponentially increasing the likelihood of errors.

Even direct translations can be fraught with peril. Many of the difficulties of interpretation hold true for translation. Translater bias is a real problem.

My life as a Christ follower does not require me to idolize a library, which is actually what any version of the bible is. There are many books written by many authors in all of them. I rely on the Holy Spirit.

The KJV New Testament was translated from Greek manuscripts, not a Latin translation. (This Greek source is called 'the majority text' or 'textus receptus'.) The teams also incorporated the work of previous Greek-to-English translators and referred to Latin and German translation work as 'points of reference'.

I'm not sure if they worked fully from a Hebrew OT, or if maybe they leaned on the Latin Vulgate for the OT. So maybe that's where you learned about the KJV being a Latin based secondary translation?

Anyhow, the issue with the Greek 'majority text' (or 'textus receptus') is not that it wasn't Greek, it's that better (more ancient) Greek texts were brought into use in post-KJV times.

The KJV (NT) is based on 'not the greatest Greek' -- but it's not actually translated from Latin.

1 hour ago, Pammy said:

The KJV New Testament was translated from Greek manuscripts, not a Latin translation. (This Greek source is called 'the majority text' or 'textus receptus'.) The teams also incorporated the work of previous Greek-to-English translators and referred to Latin and German translation work as 'points of reference'.

I'm not sure if they worked fully from a Hebrew OT, or if maybe they leaned on the Latin Vulgate for the OT. So maybe that's where you learned about the KJV being a Latin based secondary translation?

Anyhow, the issue with the Greek 'majority text' (or 'textus receptus') is not that it wasn't Greek, it's that better (more ancient) Greek texts were brought into use in post-KJV times.

The KJV (NT) is based on 'not the greatest Greek' -- but it's not actually translated from Latin.

We need to take this offline, I have my references and you have yours and a prolonged discussion here would likely be quite boring. I'm open to learning more though.

In any event, my larger point about problems with interpretation/translation stands and renders me unable to believe in bible inerrancy. As does the use of the bible to hurt and marginalize people in the name of God.

About the latest doodle. 

Diane lived in a sterile and unwelcoming home because her mother worked and did not want extra work at home. Sarah had a lot of things but was not allowed to play with them outside her room.

Oh, how happy Queen Mentor Lori is because Diane and Sarah confirmed that she is right. A home without a SAHM is truly a dark place.

And I can relate to Diane and Sarah, my childhood home was also a sterile and unwelcoming home and I was not allowed to make a mess. My mother never had time to do something nice with me and my brother, she was allways busy. You see, my mother was a SAHM who had some mental problems with anxiety and depressions and the only thing that made her feel better was to clean the house. My mom did not cook, my father did. And I did not feel loved because cleaning was more important to my mother than her children.

So for every story about a dark home with a working mother there is a story of a dark home with a SAHM.

I would like to tell this on Loris FB page but I will not because she would just delete it, block me and pretend that things like this don´t exist.

(Sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes, english is not my native language) 

13 minutes ago, Pink Muffin said:

Diane lived in a sterile and unwelcoming home because her mother worked and did not want extra work at home. Sarah had a lot of things but was not allowed to play with them outside her room.

I wonder when C and A will comment and tell us about their mom, who made them spend two hours a day in their room so that she could have "quiet." 

Oh, wait, that mom was a SAHM. Never mind.

My pet theory is that Ken is perfectly happy to hang back and let Lori bloviate all day because it gets her out of his hair. Cooking his own meals is worth the trouble if it means he can bugger off to play basketball or whatever.

38 minutes ago, polecat said:

I wonder when C and A will comment and tell us about their mom, who made them spend two hours a day in their room so that she could have "quiet." 

Even on her video about "spending her days as an older woman" she said she prefers "peace and quiet".  

"I really like peace and quiet.  I don't always get it; like this last weekend I didn't have it with the grandchildren..." 

She also mentions something about how it's really hard for a woman her age to take care of younger children.  And of course we all know that she has scared them out of complaining by telling them that God sends snakes to get people who complain.

So yeah...that doesn't exactly strike me as a "cheerful" environment. 

Starts approx. min 2:10 of this video:

Snake video:

I am just popping in here to say I won't do Lori, WON'T!  Lady Lydia, I pop in and out of her threads but Lori, that's a big nope!

Now that I think about it, Lori has twice confessed to the internet that her children were afraid of her.  She's also said she hit them with a leather strap because "pain is a great teacher".  

She (apparently) spent the rest of her time trying to control Ken, the neighbors, and pretty much anyone else she could get her claws on.  How does that make for a "bright & cheerful" home?  

It doesn't.  It makes for a "dark and cheerless" home.

Thanks guys, I dipped my toes in...  I watched the 'older woman' video and WTF!  She's quite the piece of work isn't she?  So is she calling herself an old lady, trying to justify her choices, humble bragging?  Me thinks all of the above.  How old is this woman?  She is very me me me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived