IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

15 minutes ago, polecat said:

Oh, I totally agree. I think some of those comments in that "sweet" letter to her son were also direct pokes at her DIL, too. 

I hope her son either has the balls to stand up to her, or the young family is smart enough to just limit their contact with her. She's poison.

Was it Steven's wife?  If it's them at least they are very far away from Lori.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone watched her latest video. Its filmed in her car....just weird. All about not feeling sorry for yourself. One of the commenters says they will show this to their depressed friend. Makes me so angry as that is the last thing a depressed person wants to hear. It doesn't work. 

14 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I think I am repeating myself (sorry) but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why he married her. She is very clear in her book that they argued from day one. She admits she is the one that started the arguments. They argued on dates; they argued at holidays; they even argued on their honeymoon.  He saw the true Lori way before they got married and yet he still went through with it. I think he saw financial security and regular sex and thought "what the heck?" 

I think Lori is an unreliable narrator -- her stories change constantly on her blog. Did they really argue from day one, or was she just not completely happy with him like most young women in love are (probably because she wasn't in love)? I'm betting the latter. He might not have even known of her displeasure with him if she hid it. If I were to guess -- not knowing these two people from Adam and just going off the gallons of verbal effluvia they trail behind wherever they go, I'd say that Ken thought she was a real prize in those days: a pretty doctor's daughter, with a privileged upbringing and a decent amount of potential. He probably convinced himself that he was in love with her and didn't need a lot of convincing to lust after her.  Lori saw an easily manipulated man, a paycheck and a ticket to a life of ease.

He must have had a rude awakening when he realized she was anything but a prize.

She and her followers refuse to understand or accept that depression is a medical illness that cannot be magically cured by an attitude adjustment. It makes my blood boil to think of the thousands of desperately struggling people who have been shamed and hurt by this kind of judgmental ignorance.  I bet most of them would trade health issues with Lori in a second.

2 hours ago, polecat said:

I think Lori is an unreliable narrator -- her stories change constantly on her blog. Did they really argue from day one, or was she just not completely happy with him like most young women in love are (probably because she wasn't in love)? I'm betting the latter. He might not have even known of her displeasure with him if she hid it. If I were to guess -- not knowing these two people from Adam and just going off the gallons of verbal effluvia they trail behind wherever they go, I'd say that Ken thought she was a real prize in those days: a pretty doctor's daughter, with a privileged upbringing and a decent amount of potential. He probably convinced himself that he was in love with her and didn't need a lot of convincing to lust after her.  Lori saw an easily manipulated man, a paycheck and a ticket to a life of ease.

He must have had a rude awakening when he realized she was anything but a prize.

I don't know--why would it matter to a young guy in his twenties what his girlfriend's dad did for a living? When I was that age, none of my boyfriends cared (or even asked) what my father did. It didn't affect them in any way.

OTOH, young guys do care about whether a girl is "hot." And that's what I think it was with Ken. Here is a young guy--about 22 or so-- who has probably been told that even masturbation is bad. He is going out with a girl he feels is extremely pretty. The only way he can have sex is to marry her. Marrying her doesn't seem like a bad deal at all, because he can have sex with her whenever he wants (per the Bible)

All the other stuff--their arguing, her negativity--probably didn't even register. He probably thought it would go away, or he was just imaging it, or it would change--if he thought about it at all.

I'm not saying all young guys would think this impulsively and with such an intense focus on obtaining sex. But when you are raised in a fundy household, this often seems to be the result.

4 hours ago, jerkit said:

Still private for me

Wow, someone is reading here. I never quite believed it before.

34 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I don't know--why would it matter to a young guy in his twenties what his girlfriend's dad did for a living? When I was that age, none of my boyfriends cared (or even asked) what my father did. It didn't affect them in any way.

If she's in a social class above him? Yes, that matters to some. I think it mattered to Ken, who grew up, iirc, in a fairly poor family. 

(And actually, my son has had some seriously nerdy conversations with his girlfriend's father, who has his dream career, lol. That's not why he's dating her, of course -- they were friends long before they were anything else). 

I blame Ken for all the misery he experiences: He was unhappy enough to threaten to divorce Lori. As they are still married he is at least contemt with her (changed) behavior. Otherwise she had something to make him stay which makes him a fool.

Sometimes I think they have a weird 24/7 D/S relationship but 24/7 not the sexual role play with safeword and rules (obviously Lori would be the Dominant part). Sometimes I think she simply writes a bad fundie fanfic, nothing is true, and he for the most part simply does not care.

No matter whether one of those scenarios is true I worry about the readers. They believe the hateful sh... Lori spreads as advice/truth.

I didn't know that Satan was interested in whether I had stainless steel appliances. He/she/it must be very bored. Isn't there enough to do with wars and starvation?

https://blog.allstate.com/radon-granite-countertops/

According to this article, granite may emit radon and other gases. However, the amount given off in a residential size kitchen is minimal. 

BUT.  Considering Lori is the godliest of all Godly women and rarely leaves her home, I think she's just sitting in that kitchen absorbing all that poison. I am surprised she was not concerned about this. 

:content:

In my home country we believe (the radiation of)
granite makes you stupid and slow.

This could be a "mad as a hatter" thing or only a stupid prejudice against the region where natural granite is very common. True is that this region has significantly higher radioactive background radiation.

1 hour ago, jerkit said:

Stainless steel is a lie from Satan, guys 

IMG_4771.PNG

Of course, she also said that granite was sinful not long ago, so I predict we'll see Lori transforming her kitchen with stainless appliances in, oh, a year or two.

She bashed Catherine Booth (wife of Salvation Army founder, William Booth) on FB today. I was so angry as I'm an employee of The SA, and my husband and I considered attending the Officer's school.  Catherine Booth did more to help others in an hour than Lori has done her whole life.

We did not replace our appliances when we updated our kitchen. Both our dishwasher and fridge are making funny noises. We are kind of sitting around waiting to see which one goes first. I can live without a dishwasher, no problem, so I hope it goes first. If the fridge goes, we of course will have to replace it. Then we find ourselves wondering if we replace ALL of them so they will match (and because every one of them is fifteen years old; it's bound to be a domino effect). Or, do we stick with the almond colored appliances and replace them one at a time as they give out?  I kind of want black appliances but not enough to buy a whole set of them at once unless I have to. 

I will say that two years ago we bought a matching washer/dryer for the first time in our (then) 28 year marriage. I am a little embarrassed to admit how excited I was. 

Anyway, I also predict Lori will be polishing her stainless steel appliances with a dirty Norwex cloth very soon. 

4 hours ago, polecat said:

If she's in a social class above him? Yes, that matters to some. I think it mattered to Ken, who grew up, iirc, in a fairly poor family. 

(And actually, my son has had some seriously nerdy conversations with his girlfriend's father, who has his dream career, lol. That's not why he's dating her, of course -- they were friends long before they were anything else). 

Maybe. Perhaps I just never knew anyone like that. When I was dating, my father's occupation was the last think guys asked or thought about. :my_smile:

I am among the holiest of the holy as my appliances are white!!

Bow before me FJers!  I hope the glow from my halo doesn't hurt your eyes!

We neither fell for the lie from Satan that we needed stainless steel, nor ignored the truth from our bank account that we couldn't afford stainless steel.

When we moved a year ago we had to get all new appliances and I got stainless everything (except washer and dryer). I kinda regret it. Much harder to keep clean. It does look good in the kitchen though. If I had to do it again I would probably get black or that new slate color they have now. 

We bought a house that already had stainless appliances. They're fine. Definitely not more or less holy than our previous black appliances.

The only appliance in my family's house that is white is our fridge. Everything else is black. (Although I forget the colour of the dishwasher). 

Didn't Teri Maxwell make a whole blog post about stainless steel vs black appliances? Nothing to do with whether or not one was holier or more Satanic but which was better (as in more efficient IIRC).

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

I am among the holiest of the holy as my appliances are white!!

Bow before me FJers!  I hope the glow from my halo doesn't hurt your eyes!

We neither fell for the lie from Satan that we needed stainless steel, nor ignored the truth from our bank account that we couldn't afford stainless steel.

I grovel in dismay since the False Prophet Sears Of Roebuck had not the pristine white holy stove but instead tempted me with the satanic steel by offering unto me the unholy Price-Match so that I may not wait for glory but be able to prepare sustenance  the following day instead of waiting and fasting for a week.

Accursed be Sears of Roebuck.

30 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

I grovel in dismay since the False Prophet Sears Of Roebuck had not the pristine white holy stove but instead tempted me with the satanic steel by offering unto me the unholy Price-Match so that I may not wait for glory but be able to prepare sustenance  the following day instead of waiting and fasting for a week.

Accursed be Sears of Roebuck.

Our local temple of the False Prophet of Sears of Roebuck was felled by the wrath of the God of Economy. We must now meditate and worship at the steps of the Holy Grail of Menard's or the Temple of Our Lady of Lowe's. 

It has been made known to us that the great deacons of Menard's have recently given their blessing to allow Black Stainless into the pure and holy kitchens of the blessed homemaker. 

Therfore, even in times of shopping famine, he does indeed provide. My coffee cup runneth over. 

It occurred to me today while Mr. Older and I were tearing down our deteriorated front fence, salvaging as many boards as we could, that one reason I know the value of a dollar and am more than willing to help do our own fence demo, is that I work. I think Lori may be in the same zone my children were in as preteens, when they couldn't grasp why I didn't trade in my old car or get a fancier phone. They had no visceral understanding of what it takes to earn the money for stuff.  She probably has not a clue how many hours Ken logged to pay for granite counters.

We also got new counters, kitchen floor, cupboard doors and paint recently. We kept the "bought-used" refrigerator, the thrift-store microwave, and the stove and dishwasher because they work, even though every one is a different color or material, and because--once again--I also work for money although I am nearly a decade  older than Lori.  I am lucky that my skills are the kind that keep me employable and that I enjoy using them. And I'm thrilled to have cleanable surfaces now. The old stuff was so pitted and stained and worn that scrubbing felt futile. Nevertheless, I'm well aware that I'm lucky to be able to afford the redo.

I'm guessing Lori and Ken also miss out on the "friendship equity" that can keep costs down. We got the countertop material from the seconds at a nearby factory, for less than half price, and my contractor/neighbor/friend was willing to figure out the workarounds for their imperfections because we've known each other a long time and he enjoys a challenge. My young neighbors across the street just got granite counters. They found salvage stone and a friend showed them how to install it. They had the money for an addition and new kitchen because (1) they both have jobs and  (2) both of them put in countless hours themselves on the project. They are so proud of what they have accomplished together.

The Alexanders are missing out.

Yea, though I walk through my kitchen with black appliances, I fear no radon. I have 50's Formica countertops. 

My sister's view of stainless steel: "I had children's hands and adults' hands all over it. The bottom half was stained by cat and dog noses and tongues. I have never been more happy than the day that damn fridge broke and I could go into the store and ask for the best fridge they had that was white and not stainless."

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived