IGNORED

JinJer: Now with Social Media

Destiny

If Jinger wants to start with children's books to see what she missed, she should read some Judy Blume. Blubber was my favorite book in grade school.

I'd also suggest reading books with a strong female protagonist but who knows if Jeremy would allow that. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, neurogirl said:

As an aside- since Jer grew up pretty normally, do you think he's read Harry Potter? did the Duggars ever speak out against Harry Potter? I would LOVE to see Jinger pick that up...a girl can dream.

:handgestures-fingerscrossed::pray: Please Jeremy, introduce her to the wonderful world of Harry Potter. Take her to Wizarding World in Orlando. Buy her some Hogwarts robes. Pretty please.

9 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

I do see her having a better quality captivity with him.

:pb_lol: That made my night. Thank you.

Ooh ooh what house do you think Jinger would belong in? Or any of them? I think Jinger could be Gryffindor, because for the Duggars she seems pretty brave - moving to Texas without her family, keeping the mounted head of a deer she hit, her sassy faces in adolescence...

I think Jilly would be Slytherin, because she was the tattle tale and aiming to be favorite daughter.

I have no idea about Jessa! Her side eye looks make me want to say Slytherin but I can't put her there if Jill is there, and I like Jessa way more since she's been married.

Jana/JD I want to put both in Hufflepuff, because they seem so dedicated/patient/loyal to the family. It's hard to tell about the rest, even Joy-Anna, because I haven't seen the show in a very long time and don't know their personalities well enough.

Confession: I've worked for a library district for 17 years and I've never read "Harry Potter." Let the shaming commence.

Duggar kidults in Harry Potter: 

Josh & Jill Slythern 

Jessa, Joe & Si  Huffelpuff

Jana, JD, Jer & Jed Ravenclaw

Jinger, Joy & Jason Gryffindor

I stopped at the kids 17 and up because I like Jason, he's smart funny and not a bad looking kid if he didn't' have such shitty beliefs I'd want my 17 yr old daughter to date him. 

So Ben doesn't follow dilldick either. Remember when dilldick and Ben were courting at the same time and they kind of were competing? I wonder if dill dick did the same thing to Jeremy? Like try to compete and be like the better man or whatever. I mean let's be honest none of us would follow him either because he's awful. 

13 minutes ago, Pasta said:

So Ben doesn't follow dilldick either. Remember when dilldick and Ben were courting at the same time and they kind of were competing? I wonder if dill dick did the same thing to Jeremy? Like try to compete and be like the better man or whatever. I mean let's be honest none of us would follow him either because he's awful. 

This is making me wonder if Jessa and Ben liked Jeremy when they met him and set him up with Jinger because they wanted another couple to talk to/hang with/whatever because neither of them like Dullard AT ALL.  

20 hours ago, Lulu22du said:

I've wondered this about all the Duggars instagram accounts. None of them follow Amy their own cousin. I think that's messed up. For some reason they reject her. Does anyone know why?

The duggars have stated that Amy is a little too worldly for their taste. Amy says whenever she visits the tth the rules are pretty strict. 

18 hours ago, mlsgregg said:

Is Jeremy a fundy? I read his church's statement of beliefs and it seemed pretty standard, conservative, Reformed stuff to me. I wouldn't go to that church because I believe women can preach and people have free will and other "liberal" things, but nothing came off as over-the-top to me. Has he made some statements or something? Or is it just the fact that he knew Ben before meeting Jinger? Like I said above, I don't watch the show so I'm not up on everything.

I'm with you on this.  Jeremy doesn't seem fundy to me at all, just conservative Christian.  Listening to his sermons and reading his church's statement of faith, it sounds like any number of conservative Christian faiths that lack the over-the-top weirdness and oppressiveness of the TTH.  A lot of people on FJ may not like what he says and preaches, but they wouldn't like a number of conservative preachers.  He's not fundy by anything I can find.  I've followed conservative and evangelical Christian preachers and radio shows for years, and he fits fairly well within that range. 

5 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Was just going to say The Red Tent. What an awesome book.

I loved it.

In an odd way I also really enjoyed the other one of hers too (stupid brain injury - can't remember the title - it has a stack of pebbles on the front). That one needs a possible trigger warning though for strong cancer theme.

13 hours ago, bella8050 said:

Also being optimistic that maybe that caption Jinger made on IG was just her trying to be cute or witty and doesn't realize how else it could have been taken.  I also think there's still hope of her really learning to love non Bible reading even if she started doing it just because Jeremy does and wants to fit in with him or make him happy.

I'm wondering if the only blip on her radar just now is the getting used to internet people? Haven't we heard anecdotally that she didn't cope well with criticism in her childhood home? Sounds like it makes her quite anxious.

Now she's in her earlier explorations into the world and she's doing it in an adult woman's body. It's far too easy to forget the human on the other end of an online interaction and amidst all the newness and coolness in the world, there's also online humanity. That's got to be giving her some cognitive dissonance.

12 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I think Jilly would be Slytherin, because she was the tattle tale and aiming to be favorite daughter.

Jill would be eaten alive in Slytherin. There's no way that girl is Slytherin. I think Jessa is more conniving so she'd make a good Slytherin. Jill is more Hufflepuff, she's emotional and aloof. 

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Duggar kidults in Harry Potter: 

Josh & Jill Slythern 

Jessa  , Joe & Si  Huffelpuff

Jana, JD, Jer & Jed Ravenclaw

Jinger, Joy & Jason Gryffindor

I agree with most of these, except i think the sorting hat would switch Jill and Jessa. I think Jessa belongs in Slythern and Jill belongs to Hufflepuff. Jill would be eaten alive by the other members of Slythern. She isn't conceiving or bright enough to be a Slythern. She would fit in with Huffelpuff.

Side note I always wonder where the sorting hat would place me. I usually think it would be ravenclaw but a part of me thinks i would be a huffelpuff. :giggle:

2 minutes ago, Diggingupdirt said:

I agree with most of these, except i think the sorting hat would switch Jill and Jessa. I think Jessa belongs in Slythern and Jill belongs to Hufflepuff. Jill would be eaten alive by the other members of Slythern. She isn't conceiving or bright enough to be a Slythern. She would fit in with Huffelpuff.

Side note I always wonder where the sorting hat would place me. I usually think it would be ravenclaw but a part of me thinks i would be a huffelpuff. :giggle:

I'm a Slytherin thru and thru. I would eat Jill alive with just a few words. She wouldn't stand a chance at surviving 7 years of school. She'd be hiding in the bathroom with Moaning Myrtle. 

1 minute ago, OyToTheVey said:

She'd be hiding in the bathroom with Moaning Myrtle

:evil-laugh:

This made me giggle!!!! I could just see Jill in the bathroom with Moaning Myrtle, what a match made in heaven. 

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'd also suggest reading books with a strong female protagonist but who knows if Jeremy would allow that. 

That's what I suggested too; I'm kinda banking on the fact that the Commander lets her play Scrabble.

Surely all the Duggarlings are Huffelpuff?  They couldn't be Ravenclaw as the enquiring minds thing would have been beaten out of them.  Maybe some of them could be Gryffindors, I guess - JD and Jana, but as that involves self-sacrifice and thinking of others before themselves....   Maybe some Slytherinish...

OMG I love the Sorting Hat discussion! I also don't think Jill belongs in Slytherin, it's the kind of annoying thinking that if you don't like someone they're Slytherin. Nah. She might be Hufflepuff, but I'm not 100% sure. Jinger gives me the quirky Ravenclaw vibes. Jessa is Slytherin, Josh too with his double life. JD would be a Hufflepuff, Joe probably too, Joy a Griffindor but no reason for that, just a hunch. Jeremy seems Ravenclaw, Ben... Hufflepuff? I guess. I have no idea about Jana. Btw, I am somewhere between Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Although the only house I am 100% I would NOT be sorted into is Griffindor

14 hours ago, nst said:

her whole spiel is trying to hard

it's like Jeremy likes eggs, I love Jeremy I love eggs

it's not original but at least it's not pictures of coffins and ravens 

this is way more fun to interpret. 

Hey now, what's wrong with coffins and ravens? :giggle: I personally adore Victorian post-mortem photography. I'm like, suuuuuper morbid, I know. Made me LOL tho, so had to say something. 

2 hours ago, Diggingupdirt said:

Have you gone through sorting at Pottermore.com? 

I'm a ravenclaw.

Also, I think Jill is annoying but doesn't necessarily have Slytherin characteristics. 

1 hour ago, VixenToast said:

Hey now, what's wrong with coffins and ravens? :giggle: I personally adore Victorian post-mortem photography. I'm like, suuuuuper morbid, I know. Made me LOL tho, so had to say something. 

nothing really - but I meant Ben specifically - he could learn from Jeremy.  Don't forget Ben was posting coffins around the time Jessa announced her pregnancy.  The symbolism imo was sad.  He couldn't get above himself and post something emotionally happy instead for awhile there he was being on purpose a dick.  If Ben did a quarter of Jeremy is doing then we wouldn't be having a raven discussion.    Clearly the classes Jessa taught are saving Jeremy and Jinger's online presence. 

18 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The Duggars would be squibs, let's be real. 

Nah. They'd be the Dursleys. Only worse because religious zealots.

8 hours ago, Pasta said:

I thought that the show made it seem like Ben was making it a competition and Derick kind of just went with it. Am I remembering wrong?

(I'm willing to bet it may have been more of a TLC thing to make them seem the tiniest bit interesting though.)

I doubt he'd do that with Jeremy though. Derick had already been married for two years and had a son when Jeremy came on the scene. The "competition" with Ben made sense since both guys were at the same relationship stage at that point. 

Jill would be a Muggle or a Squib. She doesn't really fit anywhere.

Sidenote: I'm a Hufflepuff (according to Pottermore) and very proud of it. And in Ilvermorny (the American version of Hogwarts) I got Sorted into Pukwudgie. Ok fangirl moment over.

As a Hufflepuff I can't see any Duggars in this house. We are not leftovers. We are about equality and kindness. Helga Hufflepuff was the only founder who got that 11 year old children should not be labeled based on their characteristics. She was ready to give education and chance for everyone. And good food, you know, having common room next to kitchen. 
Does that sound like Duggars?

Sorry, I got defensive over Harry Potter and Hufflepuffs. :my_blush:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived