her whole spiel is trying to hard

it's like Jeremy likes eggs, I love Jeremy I love eggs

it's not original but at least it's not pictures of coffins and ravens 

this is way more fun to interpret. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I noticed:

Jeremy follows no Dillard on Instagram. No pic of him and Derrick at the wedding. Total speculation, but I wonder if he genuinely doesn't like Derrick/Jill/them? I mean, that's fine; everyone doesn't have to get along perfectly. But it does go against the "sweet" Duggar image. (Side note: I don't watch the show so maybe his dislike or whatever is common knowledge to others and my noticing is just way behind).

4 minutes ago, mlsgregg said:

Something I noticed:

Jeremy follows no Dillard on Instagram. No pic of him and Derrick at the wedding. Total speculation, but I wonder if he genuinely doesn't like Derrick/Jill/them? I mean, that's fine; everyone doesn't have to get along perfectly. But it does go against the "sweet" Duggar image. (Side note: I don't watch the show so maybe his dislike or whatever is common knowledge to others and my noticing is just way behind).

That is interesting. won't know for sure until Joy gets an instagram and he follows her and Austin and still not the Dills.

20 minutes ago, mlsgregg said:

Something I noticed:

Jeremy seems to have pretty low tolerance for BS that conflicts with his own BS. He pretty clearly doesn't care what JB thinks about anything, and Derrick is JB 2.0 in a lot of ways. 

Jeremy seems to have pretty low tolerance for BS that conflicts with his own BS. He pretty clearly doesn't care what JB thinks about anything, and Derrick is JB 2.0 in a lot of ways. 

He also doesn't follow Jill. That's weird. There's nothing on the show that indicated any tension between them. Someone should message him and ask why. Lol!

Doesn't he follow Ben and Jessa?  That is odd he doesn't follow Jill or Derick.  It will be super weird if he decided to follow Austin or Joy and still not follow them.

I could see him not having much patience for the whole "Save Danger America Grifting Tour." Derrick plays at ministry while Jeremy appears to actually do the work. Whether any if us agrees with all of Jeremy's views or not, pastoring a church can be a tough job. My hubs and I are close to our church's associate pastor and the dude is pretty much on call 24/7 (as is his wife). Deathbeds, family crises, new babies, counseling people, sheltering teens, preparing sermons, giving out food bags - our friend does it all.

I have had the feeling from the beginning that he is not fond of Derrick and by extension Jill. I mean come on we can barely stand them and we don't even have to call them family. Lol. The truth is we'll never know if there is conflict because that goes against the brand and they will never let the world know anything bad about them again. But I feel like we'll be able to tell if Jeremy or TLC are reading in here if he suddenly starts following The Grifter and OfGrifter anytime soon

1 minute ago, mlsgregg said:

I could see him not having much patience for the whole "Save Danger America Grifting Tour." Derrick plays at ministry while Jeremy appears to actually do the work.

Yes he proably thinks Grifter and OfGrifter give the Religion he's trying to show in a modern light a really really bad name

Yes he proably thinks Grifter and OfGrifter give the Religion he's trying to show in a modern light a really really bad name 

Is Jeremy a fundy? I read his church's statement of beliefs and it seemed pretty standard, conservative, Reformed stuff to me. I wouldn't go to that church because I believe women can preach and people have free will and other "liberal" things, but nothing came off as over-the-top to me. Has he made some statements or something? Or is it just the fact that he knew Ben before meeting Jinger? Like I said above, I don't watch the show so I'm not up on everything.

20 minutes ago, mlsgregg said:

Is Jeremy a fundy? I read his church's statement of beliefs and it seemed pretty standard, conservative, Reformed stuff to me. I wouldn't go to that church because I believe women can preach and people have free will and other "liberal" things, but nothing came off as over-the-top to me. Has he made some statements or something? Or is it just the fact that he knew Ben before meeting Jinger? Like I said above, I don't watch the show so I'm not up on everything.

I think Jeremy has some sermons about women not wearing certain clothing to "distract" their brothers. And he hates gay people, which is in line with what the Duggars believe.

I think Jeremy has some sermons about women not wearing certain clothing to "distract" their brothers.

I could go off on this FOR DAYS. [emoji35] Sadly, that's not a particularly fundy thing. A lot of the more mainstream preachers/teachers talk about women needing to dress a certain way or they'll be responsible for men sinning. Yeah, sure, except Jesus never taught that. My own church has a history of legalism in this area. Thankfully, the denomination was past that when we joined.

I don't know how to quote your second line here, about hating gays (still learning). I'll have to go to Google and check that out.

There's a lot we don't know about Jeremy. He hasn't outlined all of his beliefs like the Duggars have. But based on what we do know, I'd classify him as 'fundie-moderate' or new-age fundie. One thing I've noticed is that he's adaptable. 

I'm glad Jinger's reading books and experiencing things other than being a SAHW. Jeremy seems to embrace her quirk. However, she is called to submit to him and his desires. 

I still believe she's gone from following one alpha (Jessa) to another. His core principles are the same as the Duggars and their ilk. 

I'm just putting myself in Jeremys shoes. Why would be like Derick and Jill? Jeremy appears well read and can hold a job. Meanwhile, his sister and brother in law just grift. Jeremy just seems more serious about life. And if he's introducing Jinger to new things even if it's religious literature, it's more than she ever got at home. I don't think even Christian literature was allowed at the Duggar household. There's more books in Jeremys small apartment than Jinger has ever seen in her life. Yes they're still conservative borderline fundie but she's getting some life experience that she never got at home. Jeremy is more than smart enough to realize that what Derick and Jill are doing is stupid. 

2 hours ago, mlsgregg said:

I could see him not having much patience for the whole "Save Danger America Grifting Tour." Derrick plays at ministry while Jeremy appears to actually do the work. Whether any if us agrees with all of Jeremy's views or not, pastoring a church can be a tough job. My hubs and I are close to our church's associate pastor and the dude is pretty much on call 24/7 (as is his wife). Deathbeds, family crises, new babies, counseling people, sheltering teens, preparing sermons, giving out food bags - our friend does it all.

If you go back and watch his sermon from last week he actually talks about the value of missions at home in the US and the growth of his church. It's somewhere after the 40:00 minute mark. 

1 hour ago, Lulu22du said:

He also doesn't follow Jill. That's weird. There's nothing on the show that indicated any tension between them. Someone should message him and ask why. Lol!

I noticed during Jinger's bridal shower where they were asking questions about Jeremy Jill rather coldly said,"I don't know the groom very well." 

I noticed during Jinger's bridal shower where they were asking questions about Jeremy Jill rather coldly said,"I don't know the groom very well." 

Oooh I'll have to rewatch that episode. I've always had this feeling that Derick forces Jill to do these mission trips. If you rewatch the episodes of her during her mission trip she seems unhappy. I'm sure Derick manipulates her into going by saying they are doing God's work.

The anti-gay content (featuring ex-gay testimony) and pro-modesty content is bad, as is the fact that his church's pregnancy clinic (??? something like that) is probably just an anti-abortion Crisis Pregnancy Center. I will never be okay with these things.

That said, I don't think Jeremy's in a cult nor starting a cult, they way most of the families we criticize on this site are. I truly don't think modesty or women working outside the home, like occasional drinking, are huge issues for him... which in and of itself is good, as it shows some evidence of "shades of grey," individualized critical thinking when it comes to sin. I doubt he'll ever be pro-choice, but he might be something more than pro-birth (including perhaps pro-birth-control someday). Likewise, I wouldn't be surprised if 15 or 20 years down the line, he starts accepting the uber-Christian LGBT community more. But not until the writing is carved into the wall for all time. 

Eh, rereading that, I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment...

7 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Oh, Jinger, it's sad it took you 23 years and a husband to learn to love books. It's a thing your parents should have introduced you to. 

Agreed, my nephew is almost 11 and I love the fact he's inherited my love for books my sister, his mother, was never a big reader but she always encouraged my nephews to read. In the past year he's read most of Ronald Dahl's children's books, all of David Walliams' kids books and just finished the Harry Potter collection. My mum found the Narnia books in the attic a few days ago and he's started reading the first one. I have had fun discussing Roald Dahl and Harry Potter it's him and are planning to read books together and discuss them. The Duggar kids only had a short selection of books the could read, they were not given the chance to expand their knowledge of the world or their vocabulary. 

Regarding JinJer and the Dills:

Its possible they really just don't know each other that well. 

I want to say they were in SCA between fall 2015 and came back early August 2016. Meaning they missed being around when Jeremy first appeared on the scene as well as JinJer's getting to know you period, courtship, and the first week or so of the engagement. They likely would have seen him rarely before the wedding considering the distance to Laredo. Jeremy may have been pretty focused on the wedding during that time too, so who knows how much time they spent actually getting to know each other.

And after the wedding? There was that whole "no visiting for six months" thing. Then the Dills returned to SCA for a few months and only just returned.

Jeremy probably knows Ben better than the other BILS, which is why his photo was included. And Austin was the new BIL referred to, which is why he was included. He may not have gotten a photo with Derick for whatever reason. And Josh once sexually assaulted his wife... so definitely no picture with him.

(I do agree that Jeremy is far more mature than Hipster Jesus. That could make it harder for them to connect in a meaningful way.)

ETA: When it comes to Jinger, I hope she spends far more time reading than she does volunteering at their pregnancy center. Last thing a scared pregnant woman needs is a Duggar waving around Jesus tracts and fake anti-abortion propaganda. 

Regarding JinJer and the Dills:
Its possible they really just don't know each other that well. 

Highly possible, even probable. I just find it interesting that Jeremy has done an "off brand" thing. Usually they're all so gushy about each other. Gives me some hope that he's really not into the circus and pursued Jinger because he genuinely fell in love with her.

Jinger seems a lot more "Free" to me ever since she met Jeremy. They actually fully hugged each other like normal people do before marriage. And in the first seven months of her marriage, she has seemed even more normal! No doubt to the two of them already setting boundaries with the family, which is a vital milestone. We wanted to free Jinger, and I think she finally is. She and Jeremy may be conservative Christians, but that's okay. It's a huge upgrade for her and I'm very happy for the girl. She needs normalcy in her life. She has a smart husband who is his own person and who has actually lived a life before marrying and that is important. I think these two will make great strides together. In time, we'll see what happens, but I am feeling optimistic. And I'm glad to see that Jinger has a newfound love for books and has branched out in her clothing choices. Little things like that eventually add up and make all the difference.

Also, their wedding was beautiful and classy. I love her gown. Just had to throw that in there lol.

3 hours ago, mlsgregg said:

Something I noticed:

I've noticed it as well. I never got the sense that Jinger and Jill were terribly close, and I think that Jeremy probably thinks of Derick as a weirdo (even though I'm sure their beliefs aren't terribly different from one another's). I could see Jill and Derick being judgey about Jeremy and Jinger's big city pants-wearing book-reading apartment-living ways, which could cause a rift. Or maybe it's the opposite way and Jinger finally feels free to think of her sister and brother-in-law as two loopy rubes. Or it's mutual.

2 hours ago, mpheels said:

there is only so much bs one can handle at a current given time.  Since he deals with Ben more than Derick... and because Ben is his BEST Friend - I am sure he handles Ben's BS better than Derick's who is a totally different version of cray cray. 

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:
Is it too much to hope for fiction? He seems to be in the God section...

That's odd. Unless I'm muddling their new website and shiny-new scrubbed personas, I had thought there were multiple references to her loving a good book with her coffee?

...now I'm wondering what the bookcrossing  scene is like in Laredo?

I think Jinger will go full on mainstream conservative christian, and leave fundy/fundy lite life behind her.  I see them having a average size family of 3 MAYBE 4 kids. I can even also Jessa and Ben going mainstream conservative christian as well, but I see them having 5 or 6 kids  I really really hope that Joy can spend more time with Jessa and Jinger than Jill.  The Dullards are in the middle of the ocean of gothardism and will have as many kids as she can, like her mother, probably have them until she goes into that "next season of life"

I'm still torn on Joy & Austin, it is all going to depend on how deep he's drowning in Kool aid.  He may have HATED his childhood and all the rules he had forced on him, it would make the comment of having a burden lifted off his shoulders, he's breaking free from all the bull shit. I'm not convinced she is all in on the Gothardism I could see her joining the conservative christian as well, but I could be totally off and they are in as deep as the Dullards. 

I'm really going to hop the speculation bus As for Joe & Kendra she's over her head in the kool aid and I imagine Joe will do what ever she wants. He seems pretty mild mannered and a, what ever you want honey, kind of guy. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived