IGNORED

JinJer: Now with Social Media

Destiny

3 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Ankle booties, jeggings, and an oversized button up shirt? She's dressing like the rest of the heathens how a regular 20-something year old woman would dress these days. Did someone let her into H&M?

Well done Jinger, you look great. Happy. Exactly  like a young newly married  woman your age should. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She is the only one who has moved a significant distance right after she married. She is getting time to know herself. If they get a year and a half without a baby, that will be great for her. Not having to do childcare duties and having some time to herself. Maybe Jeremy will even let her take a class or two on photography through community ed.  

Another one here who is more comfortable posting pics of my daughter on Instagram than Facebook (although I know FB owns IG). It's so much more simple and streamlined, and like Velocirapture said, the privacy settings are more straightforward. I mainly use my FB to talk to two private groups- One is my local mom group and another is family. I do sometimes share my IG pictures of my kid on FB, but mainly the ones in which you really can't see her face.

10 minutes ago, bekkah said:

Maybe Jeremy will even let her take a class or two on photography through community ed.  

It's so sad that we have to say things like "Maybe Jeremy will LET her take a photography class." If she wants to take a photography class she shouldn't need her husband's permission but we know that's not how those girls were raised to be. I feel bad for them.

Yeah, I don't think that I trust very much that people put on social media. We filter ourselves and put our best face forward to the world. That's fine but it also puts pressure on people because we're not perfect! We'll never have a perfect life. I do have friends that I keep in contact with though via Facebook, so...it's tough. 

22 hours ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

Agree.  If Jinger is pregnant, it looks like it agrees with her.  I also think it could be due to a lifestyle changes.  Jeremy is active, probably knows a little about nutrition, and is stylish enough not to begrudge Jinger some better hair care products.  

I have a feeling he encourages her to take better care of her hair - real professional hair cuts and better products. It's the same line of thinking as the standard Duggar hair - a woman's hair is her glory, and she should wear it in a way that pleases her headship. Jim Bob seems to like 1980's style hair, and in the 21st century that manifests as hair that is ratty, damaged, and treated to death. Jeremy is really into fashion and likes looking nice - I'm sure he wants Jinger's hair to look modern and stylish. I suspect Jinger is happy to oblige.

20 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Honestly, I'm with you. I'm not happy that a private corporation controls so much of our communication. The problem is that it's so well established and entrenched at this point. I used to hear about possible alternatives to Facebook, but I never hear about those anymore. It's a really interesting phenomenon, from a purely detached sociological/historical sort of point of view, but it's troubling at the same time. 

Organizations used to have plain old websites, but they are defaulting to FB now. I don't understand why. FB is a monopoly and all that concentrated power can't be good. People look at you so weird when you say you don't do FB, its like surely you must have an FB page, it's almost like having a social security number!

8 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

People look at you so weird when you say you don't do FB, its like surely you must have an FB page, it's almost like having a social security number!

In that case I'm pretty much a Pennington!  I don't have Facebook and never have.  Or instagram or twitter and all the rest.  The closest I've ever gotten to any kind of social media is FJ -- and Ravelry -- and Fitbit, lol.  (and Yahoo Groups and Yahoo chat in the past -- well, the Groups are technically continuing but just barely).

It is frustrating to know that there is so much happening over fb that I miss out on, but oh well, I'm ok with that.  My friends have learned that if they want me to know something, someone better email me because I'm not gonna see whatever they're posting on fb.  I don't take many photos with my trusty flip-phone anyway, ha.

9 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I don't take many photos with my trusty flip-phone anyway, ha.

:pearlclutching: did Jim Bob entrust you with Josh's flip-phone of shame?!?!!?

I have facebook and I still enjoyed  it. I have a friend from college who does not have facebook so if something is going on among are group of friends I always either call her or text her the information. 

12 minutes ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

:pearlclutching: did Jim Bob entrust you with Josh's flip-phone of shame?!?!!?

Eww, I wouldn't want to get near that.  

No, nothing shameful about my flip-phone!  I hate phones in general, always have, and I'm also a self-proclaimed neo-luddite: I choose my participation in technology carefully and selectively, and reject the rest.

18 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:
Someone swiped Jinger's bike tire. 

It's cool that she has a bike! She's getting exercise when she wants to go somewhere (at least she was, when she had a tire). Maybe that's why she's wearing pants now-- its hard to ride a bike in a long skirt. Glad she's living in a city, like she always wanted. Hope she's enjoying it.

Also, that car in the background looks so cool. 

I am pretty sure she took that picture in New York and it's not her bike.  The plate on the car looks like a New York plate. 

7 minutes ago, flycat said:

I am pretty sure she took that picture in New York and it's not her bike.  The plate on the car looks like a New York plate. 

Definitely a NY plate. I'm glad because for a minute I though #bigcityprobs was about Laredo...

27 minutes ago, flycat said:

It's her attempt (and rather successful!) at being an ironically humorous social media savvy twenty something!

I live in New York and I always notice swiped bikes and bicycle wheels around Brooklyn. My younger sister had her bikes stolen two or three times (I think) when she was in middle school. My parents were pretty mad at her for the lost bikes. Thieves are why I like to use trains and buses as my main form of transportation.

Good for her that she's out having fun with her camera. And that Jeremy seems to take an interest in her hobby as well.  I hope she gets some more time to get to know hefself outside of her family before the babies start dropping in.  I really hope that they are actually making a choice to wait and have some time as a couple before they become parents. nIf they are not I hope Jinger can still enjoy this time and doesn't feel bad it hasn't happend yet. She really looks happy though so I hope she is. 

So Jeremy makes this post about having a new brother in law. And only puts up pictures of him and Austin and him and Ben. No DeWreck anywhere to be found. I can't lie, I kinda giggled and wanted to hi five him for this epic shade 

20170529_190340.png

20170529_190354.png

1 hour ago, SuhrEnity said:

So Jeremy makes this post about having a new brother in law. And only puts up pictures of him and Austin and him and Ben. No DeWreck anywhere to be found. I can't lie, I kinda giggled and wanted to hi five him for this epic shade 

No Joshy, either.

1 hour ago, SuhrEnity said:

200_s.gif

The photo of Jeremy and Austin look like cardboard cutouts to me

Both Jeremy and Ben look nice.  They are well groomed, plus their clothes are suitable for the occasion.

Agree  that Jeremy and Austin look stiff and one diminsional.

25 minutes ago, nst said:

Ben is looking good  as he gets older and doesn't speak as much 

He scrubs up well.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived