IGNORED

JinJer: Now with Social Media

Destiny

9 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

For every Bellatrix and Umbridge, there's always a Snape, Narcissa Black or Slughorn to balance the evil out. 

Snape was a fucking asshole willing to kill anyone except for the girl he was hot for. He is poop and this madness should stop :pb_lol:

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

Snape was a fucking asshole willing to kill anyone except for the girl he was hot for. He is poop and this madness should stop :pb_lol:

I will agree to disagree. He might be a murderer deatheater but he was a spy for Dumbledore. That's a pretty hard job. Being a spy for 20 years and not getting caught? Very smart.

Gees, way to freak this Ravenclaw out! Saw this was a hot topic and was sure a new grandbaby was on the way! Phew!

2 hours ago, bekkah said:

I don't really see any of the Duggars being ravenclaw because of the intellectual curiosity thing. Ravenclaws though are cut throat.

Benessa are very intellectual in their own eyes. Jessa is calling her kids after her favourite authors and posting poetry on instagram. And see Bin's videos on YouTube trying to argue that God has to exist using some convoluted reasoning that tries to sound philosophical. 

E.g.: "You can't say that God doesn't exist because when you say "God" you are already acknowledning his existence. How can you talk about smth that doesn't exist?" (Great, you proved that God is indeed an important social concept that might or might not be true!) or that thing on the wall in Benessa"s house: "If Jesus be anything then he must be something" (or, maybe, he is not anything and thus neither he is something).

14 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Gotta agree. Snape is a fascinating character but I've never understood why people act like he was such a good person. He wasn't. It was tragic and, in a way, beautiful that he loved Lily so much he was willing to risk everything to keep her son safe, but he also treated said son like shit the entire time they knew each other. Had Voldemort gone after the Longbottoms instead of the Potters, Snape would have just let them die. Lily was literally his only motivation to turn spy for Dumbledore, he didn't change sides purely out of a sense of remorse or goodness of heart.

Honestly it says more about Lily that even in death, she was able to bring out some good in someone who was really very foul, than anything.

Jilly isn't pragmatic or cunning enough to be in Slytherin. I'd say she's perpetually petrified. 

Jana and JD - Hufflepuff. 

Jeremy, Ben - Ravenclaw (Jinger is his Squib wife) 

Jessa - Slytherin

Josh is an obscural hellbent of self-destruction. 

Dwreck is secretly a Grindlewald fanatic 

JB & Mullet are death-eaters who need to be locked away in Azkaban forever. 

This is what I think of every Duggar's response to married life:

7 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Gotta agree. Snape is a fascinating character but I've never understood why people act like he was such a good person. He wasn't. It was tragic and, in a way, beautiful that he loved Lily so much he was willing to risk everything to keep her son safe, but he also treated said son like shit the entire time they knew each other. Had Voldemort gone after the Longbottoms instead of the Potters, Snape would have just let them die. Lily was literally his only motivation to turn spy for Dumbledore, he didn't change sides purely out of a sense of remorse or goodness of heart.

Honestly it says more about Lily that even in death, she was able to bring out some good in someone who was really very foul, than anything.

Actually, there is ample evidence that he reformed largely in later years.  We have to remember that HP is told largely from the POV of Harry, and Snape HATED Harry due to James and his merciless bullying.  Because of that, we rarely get an unbiased view of Snape or his actions.  He held grudges, he held grudges against innocent children, and THAT is reprehensible.  

However

Snape also went to great lengths on MULTIPLE occasions to protect or save others.  He was generally a dick about it, sure, but that was WHY he was so valuable: he was able to do good without the appearance of doing good.  He tried to protect Harry from Quirrell in the Qidditch match.  He entered the Shrieking Shack DESPITE knowing that it would almost certainly land him in a confrontation with a werewolf in order to protect the trio and others in the proximity.  He lied to Umbridge to protect Harry and the Order, immediately checked on Sirius' safety, and notified the Order about the activity in the Department of Mysteries.  When Voldemort takes over the Ministry, Snape uses his position as Headmaster to surreptitiously keep students safe and keep the Carrows in line.

And lets not forget: he continually risks torture and death as a spy for the Order in order to pass information to protect others.  

Snape is in some regards the opposite of Umbridge.  Dolores SOUNDS and tries to ACT sweet, but her behavior is ultimately evil and harmful.  Snape sounds and often acts like an utter dick, but his behavior often demonstrates selflessness and a willingness to put himself in harm's way to protect others.  I think he is a WONDERFUL character especially for children because he illustrates how people are not always as they seem, and that sometimes your truest allies are not the ones who say all the right things or treat you special, but the people willing to put themselves on the line to protect you.  

Proud Hufflepuff here. First time I took the test on Pottermore I was given a choice between Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff .

In my humble opinion Snape is where. it's. at. :my_heart:

The duggars? Muggles for sure. No way would they grace the hallowed halls of Hogwarts.

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Pet Peeve: Placing people in Slytherin just because they're not liked. Not all Slytherins are evil horrible people. It takes great power and cleverness to be ambitious and a leader. For every Bellatrix and Umbridge, there's always a Snape, Narcissa Black or Slughorn to balance the evil out. 

Charisma seems to be a pretty dominant Slytherin trait.  Slughorn, Voldemort, Lucius Malfoy, etc. are all MASTERS of making people like them DESPITE their obvious failings (and Snape, while not charismatic, is very capable of managing his image).  

The Duggars suck at this in general.  Jessa seems to be pretty good at it, but Josh especially is just too bumbling with it all.  

Now the Bates....THERE'S a solid Slytherin family.  Up to their necks in disgusting beliefs and practices, but it's hard to remember because they just come off so wholesome and fun and good looking and easy to relate to!  

Regarding Snape, as a former English major and a lifelong bookworm I adore him. He's a fantastically flawed character in so many ways, but he still tries to do some good. Maybe his motives weren't pure... but most people in real life do good things for less than ideal reasons. Out of all the characters in the books, Snape is one of the most realistic simply because he's a flawed man with complex motives and emotions.

(Same with Dumbledore in the last books.)

“We Slytherins are brave, yes, but not stupid. For instance, given the choice, we will always choose to save our own necks.”

Well, I'd still classify jimbob, Josh, and the dillards as stupid, but damn if they ain't conniving, ambitious pieces of work that put themselves ahead of everyone around them, all in the name of 'Ministry.'

A few years back, didn't some fan steal Jinger's diary and an HP book from the TTH? I thought that was at least the speculation at the time

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived