IGNORED

JinJer: Now with Social Media

Destiny

I'm a Ravenclaw, and I can't see any Duggars in my house as they've never had an original thought. 

I think @VelociRapture nailed it. They'd be the Dursleys. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Diggingupdirt said:

Jill would be eaten alive by the other members of Slythern. She isn't conceiving or bright enough to be a Slythern. She would fit in with Huffelpuff.

I know this is a typo, but it's hilarious. Jill is nothing if not conceiving!

I'm a Ravenclaw, I can't see any of them being in the pursuit of higher knowledge. 

I want Jinger to read Lord of the Rings, to read about how power corrupts and that even the good can be brought down. Maybe then she would realize that what JB and Michelle did to her and her sisters were wrong. Josh was the corruption not her. Ok, I just love Lord of the Rings. I have a dream of adopting two brown cats who would be named Merry and Pippin! *Squeee* 

That being said, seeing how in loooove Jinger is, maybe some Nicholas Sparks? It's sappy and will make you cry. All the loves of a guilty pleasure! 

I'm pretty sure I am a ravenclaw, I get mistaken for a hufflepuff all the time. Its what I got sorted into on pottermore.  I think Jana for sure would be in hufflepuff, she is a hard worker and dedicated.  I don't really see any of the Duggars being ravenclaw because of the intellectual curiosity thing. Ravenclaws though are cut throat.  Let's be real, a lot of them would be slytherin. For the reason of the belief of "pure blood", there own brand of christianity is really the only acceptable brand. And I would say most of them had to be resourceful growing up. Ambition to sit around and breed because they are the right kind of person. 

If the Duggars read here they must be completely confused. Wonder if Jeremy will let Jinger read or watch Harry Potter. How strange to have to ask permission to pick up a book.

No!  We're all wrong!  The Duggars are 100% the weird witch-hunting family living in the church in Fantastic Beasts!  Parents who try to beat the children into good behaviour, eleventy kids around the dinner table being indoctrinated, who may as well be street urchins for the amount of parenting they get, obsessively hate-preaching against people just because of how they were born.... It's the only option!!

14 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They actually mentioned us in their recent legal filing, so we can finally say for certain that they do know about us.

Wait, what? Details please!

Ravenclaw here as well.

I think any Anne Lamott book would be a good starting point.

I think almost anything new and different and not allowed in the TTH would make me pleased. Some freedom. Her Headship saying she doesn't have to have EndlessBabies would be wonderful. Real Wonderful.

I just took the new pottermore test and was sorted into Hufflepuff this time... kinda disappointed, I have always felt more Ravenclaw.

As yet aother verified member of Hufflepuff, no, Jillymuffin is not a hufflepuff. The most important characteristic for people in this house is loyality and acceptance. And being Hard-working. She belongs in Slytherin, just like most of the duggars. Does the people that wee not lucky enough to be raised in my religion are for sure going to hell remid you of anything certain characters said? No? Well, then imagine JB without a nose

I was just thinking a few hour agos, where would any of them be allowed to read if they hypothetically grew up reading? Cause I know how I was personally the super annoying younger sibling that would bother my sister at all times while she did homework/read and with all those kids I feel like it's never quiet.

@karen77 I was sorted into ravenclaw but my family really thinks it's a lie because they think I'm a hufflepuff even though I don't see it

Ok a lot of you clearly haven't spent the same number of hours pouring over Hogwarts house analyses as I have. We can't just sort people based on the dumbed down falsehoods of "gryffindor = good guys, ravenclaw = smart, slytherin = bad guys, hufflepuff = morons". 

I spent literally years torn between whether I fall on the Slytherin or Hufflepuff side of the fence. Currently leaning towards Hufflepuff, but I'm still not positive. If any of you are curious, google "sorting hat chats" for a FANTASTIC tumblr that has developed an extremely in-depth sorting analysis. ;)

My take on the older ones would probably be as follows:

1. Jana: Hufflepuff
  2. JD: Hufflepuff
  3. Jill: Gryffindor
  4. Jessa: Slytherin
  5. Jinger: Ravenclaw
  6. Joseph: Ravenclaw
  7. Josiah: Gryffindor
  8. Joy: Slytherin

Josh has has been excluded from this list because I genuinely could not decide where he would likely be sorted. He's probably a muggle.

OH - and as for the spouses: Anna would probably be a Hufflepuff, Derick is probably a Gryffindor, Ben would be a Ravenclaw, Jeremy is probably a Gryffindor and Austin strikes me as a Hufflepuff (but I haven't seen enough of him yet to be sure).

I am Slytherin beyond a easonable doubt. Sneaky, clever, sly. This is me.

Jill would be a squib. But more Filch and less Mrs Figg. Wait, didn't Petunia end up having repressed (and very limited) magical abilities? I only read the last one once or twice. I've been saving rereading in over ten years, just so I could read it with my kid(S). So now my one and only is big into books, he said after we finish reading ASOUE we can start Harry Potter. Yaaaay.

Ooh, Duggars could be the Gaunts. Evil, abusive dicks.

None of the Duggars would be in Gryffindor. Who among them is going to fight for what is right? Who is willing to risk their lives and reputations for the greater good? Who will stand up against Those in power when that power is being abused? Who is accepting of all? If you are a blind follower, you can't be on gryffindor. None of them are brave. None of them would ever fight against how they were raised and they surely won't fight for those being abused. They want nothing more than to show how Godly they are and how everyone else is doing it wrong. They wouldn't have anyone's back in a Harry Potter world. Gryffindor's are good people who want to do the right thing without blasting hate and condemnation on others. No one in the Duggar world, not even their spouses would make it in. None of them have show Gryffindor qualities. If you are looking down on others and feeling superior, so how is that a Gryffindor quality. 

I go with them being squibs. No way to they go to Hogwarts anyway and be taught by that wonderful hippie Dumbledore. 

I'm Slytherin.

The thing to remember about all HP houses is that you have your "exemplar" students or your house heroes (Diggory, Malfoy, Chang/Lovegood, the Trio) but you also have all of your more average or sidekick students.  Just like not all Hufflepuffs are as honest as Cedric, not all Slytherins are going to be as manipulative as Malfoy.  

I think Jillymuffin would be Slytherin, but I think she would operate in orbit of the stronger Slytherin personalities such as Jessa.  I see her very much as a Pansy Parkinson type Slytherin: fawning, a tattle tale, belittling to those she dislikes...but never strong enough to be a leader or anything more than a petty bully.  

2 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

Wait, didn't Petunia end up having repressed (and very limited) magical abilities?

Not that i remember, the only time she is in the last book is to tell Harry to shut the fuck up and that she also loved her sister (thing that i just don't understand, if you love your dead sister you don't abuse and neglect her only son for years)

2 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Not that i remember, the only time she is in the last book is to tell Harry to shut the fuck up and that she also loved her sister (thing that i just don't understand, if you love your dead sister you don't abuse and neglect her only son for years)

I can't remember, maybe that was fanfic lol. Like I said, I've been saving my rerererererereading of them for about 10 years now. Purposely to forget as much as I can so that reading them again will be ALMOST like new.

3 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Rowling said she considered having some latent magic show up via Petunia in the Dursley family one way or another, but ultimately decided against it.  

Petunia HERSELF had NO magical ability.  We know this because originally she DESPERATELY wanted to attend Hogwarts with her sister and BEGGED Dumbledore to allow her to attend, but was refused.  If she had magical ability, even very limited amount, Dumbledore would likely have allowed her some form of access to Hogwarts as he was a known champion of Squibs (giving Argus Filch a job) and also encouraged the enrollment of Neville Longbottom (whose magical abilities were repressed as a young child).

Now I wonder, why death eaters weren't quiverfull or at least more into large families. 
I mean, if you are so worried about old wizard families dying out, wouldn't it make more sense to birth some little purebloods than run around torturing muggle-borns? 

1 minute ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Now I wonder, why death eaters weren't quiverfull or at least more into large families. 
I mean, if you are so worried about old wizard families dying out, wouldn't it make more sense to birth some little purebloods than run around torturing muggle-borns? 

Yep, but they liked their money and TLC wasn't a thing back then :pb_lol:

I could see Jessa as a Slytherin and Jana as a Hufflepuff. The rest are complete Muggles. None of them are Gryffindor for the reasons @socalrules stated, and it's hard to see them as Ravenclaw when they've had the critical thinking beaten out of them.

Most of the Duggars would be muggles and/or witch hunters. They have not shown any magically abilities or curiosity of nature. That being said there is always one that surprises you. A witch or wizard that breaks through a tough, closed-minded upbringing to be something more. Who knows. 

It would be nice if they were allowed and encouraged to go to the public library and choose books they found interesting. If they read more it would open their eyes. The younger ones have no choice, but the older Duggar children/teens/young adults could go to the library. They should choose to read a Harry Potter book. But would they? They might even be afraid of the book. Scary witch book! 

Maybe Jeremey will give Jinger the book for Christmas. Then she'll have to read it. 

Harry Potter is banned in quite a few Baptist districts. I highly doubt Duggars would know where to even find it. 

Pet Peeve: Placing people in Slytherin just because they're not liked. Not all Slytherins are evil horrible people. It takes great power and cleverness to be ambitious and a leader. For every Bellatrix and Umbridge, there's always a Snape, Narcissa Black or Slughorn to balance the evil out. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived