IGNORED

JinJer: Return of the "Crotch V" (Yes, PANTS!)

Destiny

I'm pretty sure Michelle hated the style too. You could tell just by her expression when she was looking in the mirror. It's not like she loved it and JB forced her to change it.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That and the fact that the hairstyle looked very similar to Grandma Mary's. I'm sure that neither Jim Bob or Michelle wanted her to look like Mary.

The hairstyle with soft curls that she had during the People photoshoot (with her and the older girls, they were all dressed in white) was really good on her imho, she should have kept that one- 

1 hour ago, Icea said:

That and the fact that the hairstyle looked very similar to Grandma Mary's. I'm sure that neither Jim Bob or Michelle wanted her to look like Mary.

The hairstyle with soft curls that she had during the People photoshoot (with her and the older girls, they were all dressed in white) was really good on her imho, she should have kept that one- 

Do you have a link to that? I can't find it. 

2 hours ago, jerkit said:

The ones from the bakery in my town are amazing. How do you feel about Ohio lol?

Well, since I've lived in the same area in Ohio my entire life (minus college), I definitely have a love-hate relationship with it. My frustration grew after November for sure! I actually have friends and relatives in all of the 'major' cities- Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, and the Akron/Canton area- I just haven't gone and explored. Partly because I don't know what restaurants/bakeries are worth visiting? There's one near my work who has baked goods one day a week- after a certain time. And I've gone in here after then, and they've never 'been ready'. I would not be able to recommend it because I've never been able to try them!

1 hour ago, Icea said:

michelleduggarmakeover.jpg.e696950d9966b987984e578bfc35da06.jpg

I wish she would grow out her bangs though, I think they age her a lot.

Wow. Michelle looks really beautiful there. She also looks wistful rather than the usual odd deer in headlights look. I agree about the bangs though.

1 hour ago, Icea said:

michelleduggarmakeover.jpg.e696950d9966b987984e578bfc35da06.jpg

I wish she would grow out her bangs though, I think they age her a lot.

She looks fantastic for someone who might have had 4 kids, let alone 19!

Michelle has a high forehead and probably feels more comfortable with some bangs.  I think she may be right.  I don't think that's aging on her, but then I'm older than she is.

Michelle has a high forehead and probably feels more comfortable with some bangs.  I think she may be right.  I don't think that's aging on her, but then I'm older than she is.

Agree. I have a high forehead and round face and look terrible without bangs. I also hate how bald I look when my hair is pulled back when I have no bangs. That is very aging. Bangs soften the look and help my face look less round. Mine are side swept.

But some people insist no bangs is always better for everyone. My answer: you haven't seen me without!

10 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Agree. I have a high forehead and round face and look terrible without bangs. I also hate how bald I look when my hair is pulled back when I have no bangs. That is very aging. Bangs soften the look and help my face look less round. Mine are side swept.

But some people insist no bangs is always better for everyone. My answer: you haven't seen me without!

I have a five head. I refuse to get bangs because I can never figure out how to make them look decent. Plus, they stick together or to my skin when wet or it's hot out. 

So, basically, I can't girl and I'm lazy. :pb_lol:

One time at church, a woman told me I have "a high forehead and fair skin, which was very attractive during the renaissance"

LOL

On 4/18/2017 at 6:11 PM, Carm_88 said:

4e06e7399c82fd81c93054d538f95402.jpg

Here it is!

Are these Penningtons in any way related to the infamous James and Lisa Pennington of Texas, who prevented their children from having legal identities? I believe they are another FJ thread? 

When I was a kid, my sisters used to tease me and say you could watch movies on my forehead!

And I have fair skin, so perhaps I was from the Renaissance in a past life.

32 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Are these Penningtons in any way related to the infamous James and Lisa Pennington of Texas, who prevented their children from having legal identities? I believe they are another FJ thread? 

The hell? there so many deep levels of hell in these cults that I don't think we can ever find the bottom. 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

I forgot I was going to try to look into that when I first saw "Pennington" was the name. I wonder if they are, I never could find a link. 

I like bangs, but sadly, they do not like me.  While they work with my face, my hair grows really fast, so unless I'm willing to commit to getting them trimmed every 2 weeks, it's not going to work out.

My mom made me have the thick 90s moon bangs when I was little.  There are years of my life where I look like a Shetland Pony in nearly every photo.  I developed a weird head tilt in pictures, which I never understood why I did, but looking back at photos it appears to originate from my attempts to see out from under my bangs.  

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Wow. Michelle looks really beautiful there. She also looks wistful rather than the usual odd deer in headlights look. I agree about the bangs though.

I hate to say it (no I don't), but ANYONE would look good with the level of photo editing and lighting manipulation that is going on in that photo.  And holy hair extensions, Batman!  

Not that Michelle isn't beautiful. I think she is, especially for her circumstances, but I think we need to give the photographer, lighting, make up, hair, and post production folks credit for really knocking this one out of the park.  

14 hours ago, Rio said:

There was a show several years ago where Michelle got her hair cut and styled, and it looked really cute, but then JB didn't like it so it was back to her lame hairstyle...

This may sound like a weird question, but what would Michelle (or any fundy woman) do if JB died?  Would she finally be free to make her own decisions, or would she have to become the slave of one of her male children?  

27 minutes ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

This may sound like a weird question, but what would Michelle (or any fundy woman) do if JB died?  Would she finally be free to make her own decisions, or would she have to become the slave of one of her male children?  

I assume in Michelle's case JD would take over responsiblities. In the daughters' case, they'd probably move back home like Josh and Anna did. 

There is seriously something wrong with me. I had a dream that Jinger not only put on pants she also cut her hair spiky short and dyed it a vibrant magenta.  Each family member posted a video on how much she disappointed God  JB.

Yes, I am that messed up.

39 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

There is seriously something wrong with me. I had a dream that Jinger not only put on pants she also cut her hair spiky short and dyed it a vibrant magenta.  Each family member posted a video on how much she disappointed God  JB.

Yes, I am that messed up.

I think we should start calling him Jimgod

I haven't had bangs since I was a little kid, but it is from then that I know I have a cowlick that prevents me from being able to have normal bangs. No bangs for me! (Okay, now the word "bangs" is sounding super weird. Bangs. BANGS... "Cowlick" should be the weirder word but somehow it's bangs.)

Re that photo with the (other) Penningtons...

How to put this politely?

How is it that male nipples and defined chest is "modest", but Jinger literally has to have her hair covering her boobs?  Imagine if one of the Fundy women had nips as pronounced as Jeremy's?  He should be wearing a jersey casually aver his shoulders to hide them!*

* obviously I don't care in real life, or would even have noticed, if he wasn't part of a cult that body/clothing shames women 24/7

I think that Michelle's hair looks nice, but her make up is way to toned down.  She could use just a smidge of cheek color and some soft lip color.  Michelle is a pretty woman, and outwardly her body seems to have weathered her many pregnancies pretty well.  I am curious about her bone mass, but then again, even women who have never given birth can still have osteoporosis.   I wonder about bladder control too after that many babies.  I just had three, and trust me,  with this bronchitis that I am dealing with right now,  that is not something that is guaranteed after a certain age.  If Michelle is managing to walk around without  wearing depends after multiple vaginal births, then she is made of stronger stuff than most women.  

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

He's the pastor at Countryside Bible Church in Southlake, TX it seems.

https://countrysidebible.org/

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Probably not related to the other Penningtons. Sorry to cite the Daily Fail, but according to them (and other sources have similarly commented), the Penningtons used to be the Subletts.  They changed their last name in 2014.  It's the last line (or nearly so) of this article, and there's no explanation for the change: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2952933/Grandfather-girl-doesn-t-exist-reveals-rescued-turned-18-grid-Christian-parents-nenver-registered-birth.html

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived