IGNORED

JinJer: Return of the "Crotch V" (Yes, PANTS!)

Destiny

5 minutes ago, Galbin said:

Surely that only applies to ill-fitting pants, no? Then again, due to my health conditions I never wear pants, so never looked. I consider the phrase "my comfy jeans" to be an oxymoron. :) I have one pair of stretchy pants though, so I will have to check to see how immodest they are.

You really want to flip a fundy out, get some tight pants and camel toe panties, and yes they do exist. 

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Because it outlines the front of her privates and supposedly makes men think about vaginas, which makes them think about wanting to have sex.

But skirts-- especially maxi skirts-- do that too. The fabric can get caught between the legs and can outline the privates or the butt way more than jeans do

16 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

-snip-
They believed that Jesus was both god and human which was considered heretical since he was the son of god and the holy ghost was not included-hence no trinity.. Martyrdom was encouraged because all were willing to die for their faith. St Ignatius might have been one. Maybe Jeremy read the cliff notes on this "movement" and made the prophet leap. :confused2:

I teach Bible as Literature-Old Testament....( I haven't taught New Testament in Years!-it bores me, plus  the students get all uptight because-Jesus and it's a LIT class.)

Like I've shared with the class before, I call myself a Christian, but boy have been morphed/shaped by attending so many churches (both Catholic, and Protestant).  I like to believe a little bit of everything is another puzzle piece, and there's some truth in everything, so by putting it all together we get the truth.  And though I'm sure I'll probably offend a whole group of other Christians (though that's certainly not my intention), I'll just share that I like to believe in Jesus as a demi-God.  Half God, half man.  I'm really into exploring the Bible in the historical context, love reading everything "historical Jesus", am completely enthralled with Early Christianity - and can fully acknowledge that no matter what I believe, since I never met the man personally, I can't go walking around and state anything with 100% (hence why I soak up all the information I can from multiple sources, and churches).

As for the NT Bible class ~ I actually knew a girl, who pulled out of a college level Bible Lit course, because it was making her question her (Baptist) belief system (her words, not mine).  I remember thinking, if your faith is shaken by becoming more educated about a subject, then it probably wasn't faith that you were believing in the first place.  Besides, even though I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, it was still written by men . . . and translated so many times since, it's like playing that telephone game.  You have to study the Bible on a deeper level than just surface, or you're doing yourself a disservice (at least in my opinion). 

Getting off my soap box now :P

12 hours ago, Galbin said:

I have to ask: why do fundies think pants are immodest? I mean a maxi skirt can cling to one's butt just as much as pants can. Or is it that skirts are more traditionally feminine?

I think when it comes to fundies today, it probably has more to do with patriarchal control . . . but I've seen some use the whole quote from OT, about men and women not wearing each other's clothes (like men "shouldn't" wear women's clothing, and vice versa).  But I don't know if they actually believe they're going to go to Hell if they wear pants, or not.

10 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I am always amazed by purported Christians who do not seem to recognize that Jesus was a practicing Jew. For quite a while, Christianity was considered a sect of Judaism (the Nazarene sect, for one). How some Christians can have no respect for Judiasm amazes me. 

All I can think of is in Clerks 2, when Jay (of Jay and Silent Bob fame), is asked if he's reading the Bible, and Jay is like, "Hey!  That's the HOLY F***ING Bible son!", and then is like, "Did you know Jesus was a Jew?!"  And the teen is like, "Uh, yeah, everybody knows that."

. . . . except I don't think all Christians realize this lol.  Or interpret Jesus as a "reformed Jew" who no longer believed in Judaism, or "renounced" it completely.  Which is just - sighhhhhhhh, so.not.accurate

17 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

IDK about whack-a-do Jeremy

Many Evangelicals are dispensationalists... The Jews specifically as the chosen people and with their nation of Israel are key in the "rapture" mythos in the book of Revelation. TV shows like the 700 club, and books like the Left Behind series, and Late Great Planet Earth touch on how Jellicles love the Jews. The Jews having a "nation" and the difficulties in the Middle East signify to them that the Rapture is near.

Since I lean more towards preterism, it's kinda a moot point for me personally, but I specifically remember reading the Left Behind series (when I first even heard about the "rapture", and was just like, "uh, okay so how does this play out??").  I went into it just for the sake of religious fiction, but I brought one of the books over to to my step-MIL, and she's a Lutheran minister*, and gives me this concerned look and says, "You know none of that is true, right?"

I think she was worried I was going to beat her upside the head the head with or something lol

*both her, and my FIL went to seminary, my FIL actually has a doctorate degree ~ and even now love to study scripture in Greek, and make religious icons in the Eastern Orthodox church style.  So I love to pick their brains about their views/interpretations of their studies :D

Ah, bagels. I had a friend who'd come to visit from NYC once a year, and I'd get him at the train station and take him back there when the visit was ended. For this, he'd always bring me a dozen bagels from (I think) a place called H&H Bagels.

They were amazing. The best bagels I ever had.

Friend moved to Tennessee. I need a new friend in New York.

31 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Ah, bagels. I had a friend who'd come to visit from NYC once a year, and I'd get him at the train station and take him back there when the visit was ended. For this, he'd always bring me a dozen bagels from (I think) a place called H&H Bagels.

apparently there is a restaurant in New York that you enter through the kitchen and have a great meal 

I don't know if they have bagels :D

Not even kidding the thing that makes our bagels and pizza taste good is the water. NYC has some of the cleanest spring water in the tap. I've had tap water in a bunch of states, it all tastes different. The water gives the dough that added crisp flavor. I've actually asked around. I know a few chefs that give this theory.

6 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Not even kidding the thing that makes our bagels and pizza taste good is the water. NYC has some of the cleanest spring water in the tap. I've had tap water in a bunch of states, it all tastes different. The water gives the dough that added crisp flavor. I've actually asked around. I know a few chefs that give this theory.

I have heard this too. I believe it. I hated the taste of the tap water in the last city I lived in. It really does make a difference when used in cooking.

3 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

NY bagels are awesome but black and white cookies are the bomb! ;)

As a wheat allergic person, I would give anything for two things: 1. Actual fried donuts. Not cake donuts, real donuts. 2. A chewy plain bagel.

Thank you, Wayback Machine for having the post Erika Shupe deleted on defrauding jeans. *smile*

https://web.archive.org/web/20110513084442/http://www.largefamiliesonpurpose.com/2011/02/modest-dress-heart-of-issue-surrounding.html

Spoiler

his friend loaned me a book she had recently read that changed not only the clothing they chose to wear but also their hearts in many ways.  The book, Dressing with Dignity, by Colleen Hammond (written from a Catholic perspective, which we do not endorse, but theres little reference to this in the book),

One of the reasons for wearing dresses or skirts exclusively is that when a woman is wearing pants a mans eyes fall to a womans crotch.  This isnt necessarily intentional; its just the nature of men to look.

"And when were talking about wearing dresses and skirts I mean longones, not mini ones.   When women wear slacks, short dresses or skirts, or ones with a long slit, mens eyes follow the lines he sees right up her legs and complete the picture in their imagination.  (Womens eyes do the same thing, but since women dont have the same type of temptation their imaginations dont complete the picture like mens do.)"

We began to feel and act more feminine, prettier, and even more submissive to the head of our home, my husband and the childrens daddy. I always knew that my husband enjoyed seeing me in a dress every Sunday, but it never occurred to me to wear a dress all the time as a blessing to him.

When Im wearing a dress, I do not feel like trying to be the head of the home, either.  I didnt realize that I had that tendency before we changed our clothing style, but I really did behave that way and Bob felt it.  This may seem like an over exaggeration, but our marriage has really been blessed by changing over to dresses and skirts, 

my quoting is still messed up... so i just c&p:

"And when were talking about wearing dresses and skirts I mean longones, not mini ones.   When women wear slacks, short dresses or skirts, or ones with a long slit, mens eyes follow the lines he sees right up her legs and complete the picture in their imagination.  (Womens eyes do the same thing, but since women dont have the same type of temptation their imaginations dont complete the picture like mens do.)"

dang....i've been doing it wrong my whole life! just today my imagination completed the picture of a fine man walking down the avenue :my_blush:

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

This is so true. When I moved south and tried to use NY style dough recipes to make my own I could never get it to come out right. Now that I am back north I find that when I make my own dough I am able to get it to taste pretty close to how I want a pizzeria pizza to taste. 

Now THIS is an example of how a godly woman can dress to both glorify God, be modern, and keep to her biblical identity as a female

#katyawasrobbed

Alaska.jpg

8 hours ago, Galbin said:

Surely that only applies to ill-fitting pants, no? Then again, due to my health conditions I never wear pants, so never looked. I consider the phrase "my comfy jeans" to be an oxymoron. :) I have one pair of stretchy pants though, so I will have to check to see how immodest they are.

I don't mean camel toe. I mean that they will see the triangle that one's hips normally make, and that that draws the man's eyes to that area.

8 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

But skirts-- especially maxi skirts-- do that too. The fabric can get caught between the legs and can outline the privates or the butt way more than jeans do

I would assume that the skirt is supposed to be baggy enough for that to not happen.

The lack of pants and the wearing of a skirt did not stop JB from humping his wife on a putt-putt golf course.

On Jeremy's Facebook page, about 16 minutes ago, he posted another picture of Jinger wearing pants. They are posing with another couple. It appears that they are in a hallway at a new-age style church or perhaps a convention center. Her stomach is flat as ever in a light gray shirt (which doesn't mean anything).

"It was such a blessing being able to spend time with Tom and Sheila Pennington this past week. We appreciate your friendship, wisdom, and ministry!"

Someone, please screenshot it and post it here.

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

I used to make bagels when I was a teenager before our small town grocery store even had them in stock.  

There was a bagel recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook, circa 1981.  

You have to boil them, then bake them. Even Betty Crocker knew that.  :)

I really hope she wears pants on the shows. I notice the Bates girls don't, but I hope Jinger wears them around her parents and on the show so everyone can know.

23 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

She looks really cute and happy in this picture.

Agree, except she really needs a haircut. I'm all for long hair, but you have to start from a good foundation and use better product (especially when you regularly flatiron). 

2 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Agree, except she really needs a haircut. I'm all for long hair, but you have to start from a good foundation and use better product (especially when you regularly flatiron). 

What's wrong with her hair? It's not perfectly straight, but besides that it looks grand to me. What am I missing?

4 minutes ago, Galbin said:

What's wrong with her hair? It's not perfectly straight, but besides that it looks grand to me. What am I missing?

The ends are a bit uneven, which usually means that they are damaged. It also makes the bottom of her hair look a bit unkempt. It's nothing serious but she could use a trim. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived