IGNORED

JinJer: Return of the "Crotch V" (Yes, PANTS!)

Destiny

19 hours ago, Chicken bones said:

To this horrid speech, I would like to say how happy I am to have gotten my new shirt (proceeds went to Planned Parenthood and Cyndi Lauper's foundation.

20170418_161936.jpg

Just listened to that whole sermon while doing laundry.  I know I shouldn't be shocked, but I am. The focus on just trying to entirely remove a woman's autonomy is just breathtaking. The insistence that a young wife stay home and bear children reminded me of that whole Kendalyn thing, where she wanted to get into a career in health care and instead is now home having serial babies with the man her father chose for her. 

Such a backward intolerance as well, mentioning "false religions like Islam". I cannot stand exclusionary talk in church. So thankful for my own Methodist church where my pastors and my elders are supportive of both my career and my homemaking efforts and encourage me to figure out my own religious beliefs for myself. They also don't talk smack about other religions. 

I have listened to a lot of evangelical sermons but this one was like being back in the Puritan days or something. Our Jinger is not free yet!

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know many don't think much of the pants, and I don't either in the scheme of her belief system, or that Jeremy is a misogynistic homophobic asshole, but considering that the day prior to her wedding she had NO SAY in what she wore, everything had to pass her mom and dads test of approval. Yes she got to pick things out but only in the instance of A through Z conditions being met, not is seems it just needs to be neck lines that shows no cleavage. So she is getting to choose for her self what she wants to wear, sleeveless, shorts, pants, shorter skirts, more form fitting, no more tank tops, baggy shirts, scarf cardigan and  long  loose fitting skirts. Until after that marriage licence was signed she wasn't allowed to leave home unsupervised, getting to go shopping by yourself to buy close JUST FOR YOU, that you don't have to share with 4 other sisters, that freedom for the 1st time in your life. Seems asinine to us, but to someone like her it is the moon. 

I know I'm late to the crotch V discussion (bagels are more interesting than the Duggs lately), but I just want to say that the idea that skirts hide the booty is not true. For those who don't follow Jill Rod, I'll post this. She is appears to have affixed her daughter's skirt around her ankles to avoid showing calves, while there is a very Kim K-esque thing going on with the booty here. I have some skirts that make my booty pop, too. In fact, how my butt looked in it was the deciding factor for buying the one and only maxi skirt I have.

^ oh boy! i haven't followed the rodrigues family since the bus days but nurie has certainly grown up!

i will never not be happy about these kids wearing pants when their parents are anti-pants. those pants are flatting on jinger and she is looking very happy!

Chiming in on the bagel talk. As a NJ native currently living in NYC (and soon to be back in the jerze) I am even picky about some of the bagels in the city. For example, I find Trader Joe's bagels to be poor examples of what a bagel should be like. I like a bagel that is firm enough (but yet still soft) to hold cream cheese and fresh lox. There's a great spot in NJJ for you locals called Jerry's Gourmet that has lots of great cheese and chocolate (and other goodies). Also nutella in giant tubs. I'm not sure I could make it on the West Coast. Similar issues with pizza...Pizza doesn't get any better than the local Italian mom and pop joint that has been around since long before my birth. I'm hungry now....

Jinger is not "more free" for wearing pants now if she really doesn't want to be wearing pants but Jeremy is insisting on it. We really don't know. She may LOVE the pants. Or, like other former fundie posters here have said, it took them a while to really feel comfortable in pants when they had gone their whole lives in skirts or dresses only. Is she free if she's uncomfortable with what she's wearing, but is wearing them because her headship insists ? I think not at all. But either way, we have no idea how she feels unless she outwardly says something. 

Both her pants and shorts were very preppy. Is that supposed to be the gateway to jeans? 

On 18/04/2017 at 11:55 PM, Chicken bones said:

To this horrid speech, I would like to say how happy I am to have gotten my new shirt (proceeds went to Planned Parenthood and Cyndi Lauper's foundation.

20170418_161936.jpg

Love the T shirt. A girl in my sociology class last got my lecturer a mug saying that, she always spoke about women's equality so she loved it.

On 4/18/2017 at 1:55 PM, jerkit said:

As a wheat allergic person, I would give anything for two things: 1. Actual fried donuts. Not cake donuts, real donuts. 2. A chewy plain bagel.

I totally hear you! I've been gluten free for three years and I would looooooooove a good donut! There are wheat free substitutes for everything else but donuts!!

Buggers,I agree.I think Jessa,JIll,and Michelle would look nice with their hair a little bit shorter.

I like Josie Bates,Tori Bates and Alyssa's hair.I think going a little shorter is flattering.Did Carlin go a little shorter ,too?

On some women,myself included,shorter hair can be flattering.I still would NOT want a pixie,like I had as a little girl..lol. I have straight,healthy hair.I have grown it out a few times,then had 10 or 12 inches taken off,and donated my ponytail.I went to work once day after I had 12 inches taken off,which made my hair shoulder length.A friend at work compliment my shorter hair and then said I looked 10 years younger...but she is right the long,long hair does make me look older.And as a woman who was in her forties and fifties while growing it out for  donation,I found long hair to be a nuisance.It was hot,when it was hot..I live in SC..for safety,I had to pull it pack at work,I constantly spilled food or drink and managed to get it in my hair.One of our cars did not have a working AC....I really do not like my hair getting blown and whipped around in my face,as a passenger or a driver(that might be dangerous) again..I pulled it back.

Even Kelly's hair isn't as long as some of the other fundies.

13 hours ago, missegeno said:

I know I'm late to the crotch V discussion (bagels are more interesting than the Duggs lately), but I just want to say that the idea that skirts hide the booty is not true. For those who don't follow Jill Rod, I'll post this. She is appears to have affixed her daughter's skirt around her ankles to avoid showing calves, while there is a very Kim K-esque thing going on with the booty here. I have some skirts that make my booty pop, too. In fact, how my butt looked in it was the deciding factor for buying the one and only maxi skirt I have.

Ok,I used to work in a warehouse.It was hot in the summer...sweating the whole shift.It was cold in the winter.

One year,it was October,and we had some cooler weather,I went from shorts to my jeans.A male worker from another dept,told me.

Melon,you look so much better in your jeans than you do in shorts.Your jeans accentuate your dereirre(ass) ...but he used the other word that I can't spell.

On 4/18/2017 at 7:39 AM, Jinder Roles said:

2. . Wanting to work outside the home for whatever reason is temptation. 

4. The importance of inner beauty. Using physical beauty to attract men is vain. 

Re: Sermon

2. If a man can't support a family on one income, is he supposed to not get married? Many people are only able to maintain their chosen lifestyle because both parties work.

4. Goes without saying, but these "teachings" on vanity which have the affect of making women feel shame about their own bodies are saddening.

Don't remember going to NYC with my family as a baby. But the best bagels I've ever had (and really miss eating) are from Goldmans in Key West, FL.

5 hours ago, seraaa said:

Re: Sermon

2. If a man can't support a family on one income, is he supposed to not get married? Many people are only able to maintain their chosen lifestyle because both parties work.

4. Goes without saying, but these "teachings" on vanity which have the affect of making women feel shame about their own bodies are saddening.

Good point. Unfortunately patriarchal movements don't think like this. The answer they'd give you is it's okay for a woman to work outside of the home if her husband gives her permission. As head of the household, he can make an executive decision as to whether his spouse should get a job. The wife should be submissive an honour her husband's request. This pastor seems to be saying that a wife shouldn't want to work outside the home for her own "selfish" reasons. Maintaining the household should be her focus in either case.

And yes it's quite sad how they shame women and attempt to strip them of any agency. 

22 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Good point. Unfortunately patriarchal movements don't think like this. The answer they'd give you is it's okay for a woman to work outside of the home if her husband gives her permission. As head of the household, he can make an executive decision as to whether his spouse should get a job. The wife should be submissive an honour her husband's request. This pastor seems to be saying that a wife shouldn't want to work outside the home for her own "selfish" reasons. Maintaining the household should be her focus in either case.

And yes it's quite sad how they shame women and attempt to strip them of any agency. 

The sad thing is, even if a fundy husband allowed his wife to work outside the home, it's likely she would have trouble finding work. Most fundy women likely don't have a high school diploma or GED and would have difficulty finding even a part-time minimum wage job. This doesn't take into account fundy husbands would likely have trouble allowing their wives to work at night, with men or  come in contact with non-fundy heathens. Plus, who will care for the eleventy children?  The patriarchal is set up perfectly for women to be trapped and unable to support themselves or their children without a headship. Besides, patriarchy is about control and you lose some control when you allow your wife to have an outside life, i.e. job, that doesn't involve the headship. (I use the word allow because none of these fundy wives are making any "decisions" their headships haven't authorized.)

Jinger can wear pants and shorts because Jeremy allows it. If he was against it, she wouldn't be wearing them. We know Jinger loves coffee but if Jeremy was against it, she wouldn't drink it. The fact that the guy in the video spoke at Jeremy's church reflects how little freedom Jinger has over her own life. She doesn't have more freedom, she is just following orders from a different headship. 

48 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Jinger can wear pants and shorts because Jeremy allows it. If he was against it, she wouldn't be wearing them. We know Jinger loves coffee but if Jeremy was against it, she wouldn't drink it. The fact that the guy in the video spoke at Jeremy's church reflects how little freedom Jinger has over her own life. She doesn't have more freedom, she is just following orders from a different headship. 

THIS! And I'd really like to know wether Jinger or any (young) fund wife gets to the point where she realizes that she is trapped and was never in her life allowed to make an independent choice or if they are just so used to it that thoughts like that would never come to their minds.

My local bagel shop makes those rainbow bagels everyone in NYC was freaking out over a year or so ago.

I am gluten free due to celiac disease. I never liked bagels, but then again I never tried a real NY one. Before diagnosis, I only ever tried one made in the UK, and really never saw what all  saw what all the fuss was about. However, there is this place here that sells Udi's gluten free bagels. They are gorgeous!

OTOH, it is almost impossible to find a gf doughnut or pain au chocolat. My kingdom for the latter!

Another reason to live in Southern California, we have doughnut shops that sell gluten free doughnuts. 

5 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Another reason to live in Southern California, we have doughnut shops that sell gluten free doughnuts. 

The gluten free bakery near me sells some really good ones. I almost ate the entire box once. My mission this weekend is to eat donuts! All the donuts: cake donuts, fried donuts, gluten free donuts... All right, I'm sounding like Bubba from Forest Gump.

18 minutes ago, BadMammaJana said:

The gluten free bakery near me sells some really good ones. I almost ate the entire box once. My mission this weekend is to eat donuts! All the donuts: cake donuts, fried donuts, gluten free donuts... All right, I'm sounding like Bubba from Forest Gump.

Drat! I was only in So Cal late last year. I went to the amazing Mariposa twice, and had the most delectable pain au chocolat. I don't think they had such a huge selection of gf doughnuts though. Then again, I didn't much mind that as the pain au chocolat was heavenly!

On 4/19/2017 at 1:29 PM, TuringMachine said:

NJ represent!
Actually with summer coming I'm missing the shore a lot. We'd go to point pleasant every year. I could really go for a Kohr's custard right now. Well not right now since it's 10:30 in the morning. But you know what I mean.

Preach!  Of all the places on Earth I love the shore the most :)  Kohr's, Jenkinson's...sausage sandwiches at Midway at Seaside...please watch the Tram car at Wildwood.  Collecting Cape May diamonds.  I miss it all, no matter the time of year.  Nothing so beautiful as the shore off season, the quiet, the salt air watching a storm at sea.  Make no mistake, I love the summer there also!  LOL

1 hour ago, Galbin said:

Drat! I was only in So Cal late last year. I went to the amazing Mariposa twice, and had the most delectable pain au chocolat. I don't think they had such a huge selection of gf doughnuts though. Then again, I didn't much mind that as the pain au chocolat was heavenly!

My GF loss is cinnamon rolls. I had one at Mariposa when I was in SF, which were fine, but I have yet to have ooey, gooey cinnamon rolls that aren't 'good- for gluten free' (you know what I mean!). Any suggestions from fellow gf eaters? 

20 hours ago, melon said:

Buggers,I agree.I think Jessa,JIll,and Michelle would look nice with their hair a little bit shorter.

I like Josie Bates,Tori Bates and Alyssa's hair.I think going a little shorter is flattering.Did Carlin go a little shorter ,too?

On some women,myself included,shorter hair can be flattering.I still would NOT want a pixie,like I had as a little girl..lol. I have straight,healthy hair.I have grown it out a few times,then had 10 or 12 inches taken off,and donated my ponytail.I went to work once day after I had 12 inches taken off,which made my hair shoulder length.A friend at work compliment my shorter hair and then said I looked 10 years younger...but she is right the long,long hair does make me look older.And as a woman who was in her forties and fifties while growing it out for  donation,I found long hair to be a nuisance.It was hot,when it was hot..I live in SC..for safety,I had to pull it pack at work,I constantly spilled food or drink and managed to get it in my hair.One of our cars did not have a working AC....I really do not like my hair getting blown and whipped around in my face,as a passenger or a driver(that might be dangerous) again..I pulled it back.

Even Kelly's hair isn't as long as some of the other fundies.

Ok,I used to work in a warehouse.It was hot in the summer...sweating the whole shift.It was cold in the winter.

One year,it was October,and we had some cooler weather,I went from shorts to my jeans.A male worker from another dept,told me.

Melon,you look so much better in your jeans than you do in shorts.Your jeans accentuate your dereirre(ass) ...but he used the other word that I can't spell.

There was a show several years ago where Michelle got her hair cut and styled, and it looked really cute, but then JB didn't like it so it was back to her lame hairstyle...

2 hours ago, Rio said:

There was a show several years ago where Michelle got her hair cut and styled, and it looked really cute, but then JB didn't like it so it was back to her lame hairstyle...

patriarchy in a nutshell.

9 hours ago, Emkay said:

My GF loss is cinnamon rolls. I had one at Mariposa when I was in SF, which were fine, but I have yet to have ooey, gooey cinnamon rolls that aren't 'good- for gluten free' (you know what I mean!). Any suggestions from fellow gf eaters? 

The ones from the bakery in my town are amazing. How do you feel about Ohio lol?

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived