IGNORED

Dillards 29 - Teaching Them to Make Piñatas

choralcrusader8613

15 minutes ago, slp said:

There are a few ways Jill can still give birth at home legally. She could have a homebirth without a midwife, just have someone attend her, but have Derick actually 'catch' the baby. She could easily drive to Missouri or Oklahoma and give birth there in a mdiwife's home there.  and there are some unlicensed midwives that will do the birth, illegal or not.

I would not at all be surprised if Jill had Jana deliver Dilly baby numero dos. 

because i have no idea how home births work - midwife training would include all the normal newborn screens, yes? baby has to see a pediatrician within x number of days to complete labs/tests/etc that's not done immediately at birth? anything that's legally required by the state has to be recorded i know, but i have no idea how that might work in arkansas...

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, PumaLover said:

So I'm wondering about Jill and the upcoming birth. I know she probably wants to do a VBAC and home birth. How does that work in the home birth world? My friend is having trouble finding a doctor at a hospital to let her do a VBAC. Do midwives even attempt it?

I am afraid they would have no trouble finding a 'midwife' who would happily deliver a diabetic mum of a VBAC two weeks overdue 14 lbs each breech triplet in an RV, with the assistance of some essential oils and the mum's 14 sisters.

Btw if you think only fundies do irresponsible stuff like this, here is a video of a midwife who encourages a woman to have an unassisted breech delivery in the bathtub, as long as she swims with dolphins first. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmnls40Dvio

Warning, don't watch while eating, as more comes out than just baby. 

Doctor hat: There's an association between weight gain in pregnancy and birth weight. Like with any other association it isn't perfect, but broadly speaking if you have poor weight gain you're more likely to have a smaller baby and if you gain a lot more than average you're more likely to have a larger baby.  Some of that is likely genetics, some of it related to diet/nutrition and some related to pathological processes.

There's a small difference in average birth weights between girls and boys but it's small.  50th percentile birth weight at 40 weeks here (Australia) is 3620g/8lb for a boy and 3480g/7lb 11oz for a girl.  Above 9lbs is around 90-95th percentile for both boys and girls at 40 weeks, so while girls are slightly less likely to be that weight it's a difference of 1 or maybe 2 extra girls in 100 compared to boys.

If I had a dollar for every woman or family who had commented on their perfectly unremarkably sized baby being "so big/a giant/huge" I'd be able to pay for a very nice holiday. People tend to skew towards thinking a baby is much bigger than the norm than it really is. My family do it too.  One of my blessings was 60th percentile at birth and yet you'd have thought I birthed Godzilla.''

Also I used to take any comments about a baby being early/late pre-dating ultrasounds with an enormous handful of salt.  Most women have a very similar due date from their last period or a scan, but there are studies showing nearly 20% of women were more than two weeks off! A family member was supposedly 7 weeks early and from her birth weight and photos of her...dang, that was one super advanced and big 33 weeker (ie no way!).

And then doctor hat off, I'm kinda dying to see what stupid nonsense Jillymuffin pulls with the birth this time.  I do hope it's straightforward whatever happens but I have a feeling it'll be something stupid.

6 hours ago, Shadoewolf said:

Because Jill already had a c-section Arkansas law forbids a midwife from doing a home birth. She can VBAC in a hospital with a midwife but overseen by an OB. But it seems the general thought is that Jill will pull an intentional "oops, we didn't leave on time so we had to deliver at home" even if that's not the truth. Stupid but Jill didn't show much sense with Izzy's birth so....

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this is how it will play out. And I don't think her parents, Derick, or even Cathy terribly mind; after all, tragedy makes good TV. If it's OK to film Michelle finding out that an ill-advised but obviously wanted pregnancy is nonviable, or Jim Bob's dad dying of brain cancer without a shred of dignity afforded to him (pushing him around in an office chair), why not show Jill putting her life and her second child's life at grave risk so she can be The Most Godly Mother Ever.

It pisses me off to know that this is how this will go. Jill will have spent just about half of her life as nothing but a pawn and a meal ticket for her asshole parents, and now her asshole husband. I don't want to deny her agency in this situation, but I have a feeling that if she wasn't raised on television or raised by two fame-hungry narcissistic twatwaffles who taught her that her worth is derived entirely from her looks and her genitals' performance, she wouldn't be doing something this stupid. Or at least it would have been less likely.

@PennySycamore  @VelociRapture  His health is really good right now; soon to be 15!  He did have a stroke 2 days post op and there were a couple of days there when it didn't look good at all for him.  The first 3 years of his life were a blur of all kinds of appointments.  In the future he will need another surgery to place a pulmonary valve.  After the next surgery, his doctors think subsequent valves can be placed using a catheter.

This is the same thing Jimmy Kimmel's son was recently born with.

@Elvis PresbyI'm glad he's doing so well! Fingers crossed his future surgeries go as smoothly and safely as possible (same with little Billy Kimmel!) :) 

5 hours ago, jozina said:

Doctor hat: There's an association between weight gain in pregnancy and birth weight. Like with any other association it isn't perfect, but broadly speaking if you have poor weight gain you're more likely to have a smaller baby and if you gain a lot more than average you're more likely to have a larger baby.  Some of that is likely genetics, some of it related to diet/nutrition and some related to pathological processes.

There's a small difference in average birth weights between girls and boys but it's small.  50th percentile birth weight at 40 weeks here (Australia) is 3620g/8lb for a boy and 3480g/7lb 11oz for a girl.  Above 9lbs is around 90-95th percentile for both boys and girls at 40 weeks, so while girls are slightly less likely to be that weight it's a difference of 1 or maybe 2 extra girls in 100 compared to boys.

If I had a dollar for every woman or family who had commented on their perfectly unremarkably sized baby being "so big/a giant/huge" I'd be able to pay for a very nice holiday. People tend to skew towards thinking a baby is much bigger than the norm than it really is. My family do it too.  One of my blessings was 60th percentile at birth and yet you'd have thought I birthed Godzilla.''

Also I used to take any comments about a baby being early/late pre-dating ultrasounds with an enormous handful of salt.  Most women have a very similar due date from their last period or a scan, but there are studies showing nearly 20% of women were more than two weeks off! A family member was supposedly 7 weeks early and from her birth weight and photos of her...dang, that was one super advanced and big 33 weeker (ie no way!).

And then doctor hat off, I'm kinda dying to see what stupid nonsense Jillymuffin pulls with the birth this time.  I do hope it's straightforward whatever happens but I have a feeling it'll be something stupid.

I even take the no-GD claims with a grain of salt pre 90's.. they didn't test for it much back in the day, so someone like me or one of our friends (who is a skinny minny) would have gone completely under the radar, yet, we both had it!

I was almost 9 pounds, and I think the only weight my mom gained was me. We have a great picture of my poor skinny mother holding up giant fat baby me. 

I just can't with the Duggars et. al. and their insistence on dangerous births.

MAYBE if they had half of an actual education they would know about the terrible infant and mother mortality rate pre-Modern Medicine.  

MAYBE if they could pull their heads out of their own asses for a hot moment, they could observe how it is STILL dangerous in many places.

MAYBE if they didn't have the critical thinking skills the good Lord gave them beaten out of them in childhood, they would wonder where God's protection was in the past and now for mothers/infants who die or are permanently injured in birth.  

MAYBE THEN they could get it through their heads that PEOPLE'S LIVES ARE NOTHING TO PLAY WITH.

Jessa had to take an ambulance to the hospital.  Jill had to have an emergency C-section.  They got lucky.  But luck runs out.  And what then?

Then someone dies.  Maybe a Duggar.  Maybe a leghumper.  But a unique and precious life will be lost, never to be replaced fully.  

And they should be banned from pro-life engagements.  They want to take away a woman's right to end a pregnancy in a safe, low risk procedure in order to protect the fetus...but should a woman decide to recklessly endanger said fetus after 9 months gestation, that's TOTALLY fine.  Encouraged, even!  How OBVIOUS can it be that THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THAT FETUS?!?  They just don't want wimminz to have agency.  

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

@Georgiana It is kind of nerve wracking indeed the way these Duggarlings give birth. Or, kind of stupid if I may say so. I really don't want to come here one day and read sad news. I just don't and I'm sure no one else here does either. 

@foreign fundie, wow that video. She's actually proud that she did no research about breech deliveries whatsoever. I can't. I just can't. I'm part of the NICU team that attends high risk deliveries and c-sections at my hospital, and I was scared when I saw that baby come out. While I'm glad that mom and baby appear to be fine, what scares me is that others will use this story to validate other extremely risky birth plans. This was blatant stupidity on the part of the mother and neglect on the part of the midwife, and most definitely not an example to be followed.

I'm all for women making a birth plan that feels right for them. I don't think there is anything wrong with a home birth as long as certain criteria are met, although I personally would not have one. I sincerely hope that Jill takes her own safety and the safety of her baby into consideration and doesn't do anything risky just to prove a point.

Apologies if my tag didn't work, I'm on tapa and haven't figured out how to do much beyond quote...

12 minutes ago, ak1188 said:

@foreign fundie, wow that video. She's actually proud that she did no research about breech deliveries whatsoever. I can't. I just can't. I'm part of the NICU team that attends high risk deliveries and c-sections at my hospital, and I was scared when I saw that baby come out. While I'm glad that mom and baby appear to be fine, what scares me is that others will use this story to validate other extremely risky birth plans. This was blatant stupidity on the part of the mother and neglect on the part of the midwife, and most definitely not an example to be followed.

I am not a medical professional, but that video scared me too. I thought that baby would be pulled apart. And she could barely hold it after it was born. 

But the really scary part is the completely irrational trust in the powers of nature by the mediation of dolphins or something. She seemed such a likable and sincere woman. Yet why not use your brain? Yes, her birth was much nicer than any of mine. But no amazing spiritual experience is worth the potential and preventable loss of your baby.

Call me cynical, but what if Jill has a a hospital birth and then re-creates it as a home birth with their own cameras? We know things are re-created or given artistic license on reality shows. 

Dullards' latest blog post (sorry, I refuse to link it to give them hits) begs for MOAR DONATIONS!!!!!11 and confirms that Jill's due date is in EARLY July. The May 27 wedding date is looking more and more like a done deal. If that's the case, the Dullards won't be in Danger America much longer, a week to 10 days, tops. Jill has to be home in time to make any necessary alterations to her bridesmaid gown and attend all of the festivities leading up to the wedding. 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

@Georgiana It is kind of nerve wracking indeed the way these Duggarlings give birth. Or, kind of stupid if I may say so. I really don't want to come here one day and read sad news. I just don't and I'm sure no one else here does either. 

So true. I've got some sympathy for them  on the things their parents brainwashed them about, but they seem determined to be even crazier than their parents. Although Michelle did home births for a few of her children, she always had prenatal care, always took medical advice, and usually gave birth in a hospital. 

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

No matter how much we dislike the Duggars, I don't think anyone here wants Spud, Izzy, Henry, or the M Kids to lose a parent.  

I'm less worried about the actual Duggars because at the end of the day, they do have the money to seek excellent medical care for themselves.

I'm worried about the leghumpers who don't.  Who might be bankrupted by trying something stupid like this and ending up with hundreds of thousands in emergency medical bills.  Who might NOT seek care because they are worried about affording it.  For the women who DON'T have eleventy younger sisters who could step in and raise their kids until dad remarries.  

43 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jill has to be home in time to make any necessary alterations to her bridesmaid gown and attend all of the festivities leading up to the wedding. 

You mean, home so Jana can make any necessary alterations to her bridesmaid gown?

I read the latest blog. These people make money from being on a crappy reality show. Although I doubt Jill's portion is that great, I am sure it is more than enough to fund her "mission" trip. You know she will likely make a few extra bucks for selling the photos, story and video of the next baby's birth. It's tacky to ask other people to fund your crappy missionary trip when you can do it yourself. It isn't like they have huge, everyday expenses to pay. Her parents seem to pay for nearly everything when she is in he U.S. Where could she be spending all her reality show money?

In many ways the Duggar kids are spoiled as adults, like celebrity kids. Someone else pays for them to live in big houses, drive nice cars and take trips. There is no incentive to be a self-sufficient adult when you can get it for free and always expect someone else to pay for your hobbies. Yes, they may have had a crappy upbringing but it doesn't excuse being a grifter because you don't want to spend your own money to take care of you and your family. It's as though Jill believes that she is entitled to free money from others even though she likely has more money than the idiots sending donations. It probably never occurs to her to pay her own way. The whole thing pisses me off. 

Spoiler

The aroma of sweaty kids and stinky feet still lingers in the hospitality house (the place where we are living while we are here working on the mission field in Central America) a couple hours after everyone has gone, but we all had a wonderful time playing and enjoying refreshments together.

Although we try to make the hospitality house as inviting and comfortable as possible to those who may visit, we don’t easily forget the violence and hardships in our area that remind us of the reason we are here, to preach the gospel, encourage the church, and be the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting world. 

We had the privilege of having some of our friends, who have been going through a really difficult time, into our home this week for an American meal. They lost their grandma a few weeks ago, then 8 days later their 20-year-old cousin was brutally murdered as she was selling coconuts at a roadside stand. When our friend’s teenage daughter received the news, she immediately had a stroke! They continue to live in fear of being kidnapped or killed and now seldom leave their home. 

Twice this week, one of the ladies from church and I (Jill) were able to meet here in the house with a young momma whose husband recently left her with two children, one of whom has special needs. We were able to bless her with dinner, encouraging fellowship, and some gifts sent down by friends in the States. I look forward to continuing to reach out to her and let our little ones play together.

Derick has continued to preach once a week and Israel and I have enjoyed being involved in special music for several of those church services. A sweet girl on the last short-term missions team gifted me with a violin when she left. She said she bought a cheap one to bring on the trip and wanted to leave it with me once she found out I played violin and wasn't able to bring mine down here.

Please continue to pray with us for:

-Continued financial support as we still need to raise additional support for the rest of our time here on the field as well as the time we will be home surrounding the birth of our second little boy due in early July. Thank you to those of you who are supporting us already! (Donate online: www.dillardfamily.com)

-Continued health. We have been dealing with seasonal allergies as the shift from “dry season” to “rainy season” is beginning.

-That hearts would be softened to the gospel and Christians would continue to grow in their relationship with Jesus. 

-Those who are facing difficult situations, that God would give us wisdom in how to best reach out to them. 

-The young momma who is still awaiting a call to the hospital for brain surgery. 

Praises: 

-We are very encouraged to see the local church growing and follow-up happening weekly as the local church and ministry we work with brought on another pastor several months ago who is able to focus more on evangelism and discipleship. 

-We continue to reach out to the local youth in whatever ways we can and enjoyed having several guys into our home for dinner last Sunday after a game of soccer on the sport court that the ministry we work with built. We look forward to continuing this outreach. 

-Velma has come to church multiple times recently and we have visited their home and delivered homemade baked goods a couple times since the first visit. Keep praying for her!

There's the blog entry for those of you who don't want to give them click$.

Edit: have we discussed this logo before?  It looks like a satirical riff on mid-century family comedies.  HEAVY on the satirical.  I'm 90% sure 7/10 of the diners near me used the same graphic designer/font.  It'd be hilarious if they were joking, but since they're serious...it's rather awkward and kitsch. 

2017-05-09 15_17_21-Dillard Family Blog - The Dillard Family.png

-Continued financial support as we still need to raise additional support for the rest of our time here on the field as well as the time we will be home surrounding the birth of our second little boy due in early July. Thank you to those of you who are supporting us already! (Donate online: www.dillardfamily.com)

Wait, wait, wait. They explicitly asked for money to support themselves while they laze around the TTH and do, what, exactly? I mean, as if asking for funds for the questionable mission itself wasn't enough, they want us to pay them to have another kid during their vacation and go to Joy Anna's wedding? What on earth??

10 minutes ago, Georgiana said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The aroma of sweaty kids and stinky feet still lingers in the hospitality house (the place where we are living while we are here working on the mission field in Central America) a couple hours after everyone has gone, but we all had a wonderful time playing and enjoying refreshments together.

Although we try to make the hospitality house as inviting and comfortable as possible to those who may visit, we don’t easily forget the violence and hardships in our area that remind us of the reason we are here, to preach the gospel, encourage the church, and be the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting world. 

We had the privilege of having some of our friends, who have been going through a really difficult time, into our home this week for an American meal. They lost their grandma a few weeks ago, then 8 days later their 20-year-old cousin was brutally murdered as she was selling coconuts at a roadside stand. When our friend’s teenage daughter received the news, she immediately had a stroke! They continue to live in fear of being kidnapped or killed and now seldom leave their home. 

Twice this week, one of the ladies from church and I (Jill) were able to meet here in the house with a young momma whose husband recently left her with two children, one of whom has special needs. We were able to bless her with dinner, encouraging fellowship, and some gifts sent down by friends in the States. I look forward to continuing to reach out to her and let our little ones play together.

Derick has continued to preach once a week and Israel and I have enjoyed being involved in special music for several of those church services. A sweet girl on the last short-term missions team gifted me with a violin when she left. She said she bought a cheap one to bring on the trip and wanted to leave it with me once she found out I played violin and wasn't able to bring mine down here.

-Continued health. We have been dealing with seasonal allergies as the shift from “dry season” to “rainy season” is beginning.

-That hearts would be softened to the gospel and Christians would continue to grow in their relationship with Jesus. 

-Those who are facing difficult situations, that God would give us wisdom in how to best reach out to them. 

-The young momma who is still awaiting a call to the hospital for brain surgery. 

Praises: 

-We are very encouraged to see the local church growing and follow-up happening weekly as the local church and ministry we work with brought on another pastor several months ago who is able to focus more on evangelism and discipleship. 

-We continue to reach out to the local youth in whatever ways we can and enjoyed having several guys into our home for dinner last Sunday after a game of soccer on the sport court that the ministry we work with built. We look forward to continuing this outreach. 

-Velma has come to church multiple times recently and we have visited their home and delivered homemade baked goods a couple times since the first visit. Keep praying for her!

There's the blog entry for those of you who don't want to give them click$.

Edit: have we discussed this logo before?  It looks like a satirical riff on mid-century family comedies.  HEAVY on the satirical.  I'm 90% sure 7/10 of the diners near me used the same graphic designer/font.  It'd be hilarious if they were joking, but since they're serious...it's rather awkward and kitsch. 

2017-05-09 15_17_21-Dillard Family Blog - The Dillard Family.png

It's like the I Love Lucy logo got drunk and took a boozy selfie. In all seriousness, I think this font could work if the Dillards were doing something other than being joyless Gospel bums, like if they owned a retro bowling alley or diner. A simpler serif font would have served them better.

20 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

It's like the I Love Lucy logo got drunk and took a boozy selfie. In all seriousness, I think this font could work if the Dillards were doing something other than being joyless Gospel bums, like if they owned a retro bowling alley or diner. A simpler serif font would have served them better.

Right.  It's just a little TOO much inspiration and too little innovation, which just reads like "trying to be something we aren't".  My whole house is "retro reno", and while you can flirt with kitsch and period pieces, you have to make sure you make it uniquely your own or it really goes sideways fast.  

It's actually rather ironic considering this is VERY heavy 1950's/clean cut establishment family, which Jill and Derick are more 1960's/1970's crunchy, free spirit hippy types...you know, the kind of people clean cut establishment people HATED.  

I think it would have been better if they leaned more into the designs of the 60's and 70's (not that they know what those are), and used a retro font more like this one (lose the rad psychedelic art, sadly):

5912477aba00c_2017-05-0915_48_20-1960spsychedeliclogos-GoogleSearch.png.eb7fffd33337947c6a46eb3b33cdfe78.png

Edit: TOO hippy?  I dig.  But what about THIS font?

591248d8e4820_2017-05-0915_54_27-SOMUCHPILEUP_Seattle.YoureGoingtoLikeitaLot..png.d9a53c0c57a278a81905a2f5769d7314.png

Thank you @Georgiana for posting their atrocious drivel! These two are just despicable. You want money, Dullards? Go and get legitimate jobs and then you can pay for your missioncations yourselves. 

Perhaps daddy's funds are running low now he has to pay for 10% of Joys wedding.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived