IGNORED

Dillards 29 - Teaching Them to Make Piñatas

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lizzybee said:

Thank you!!! That website is one of the beauty. The fact they talk about people having no religious affiliation and then mention the number of Catholics only makes me love it even more (insert heavy sarcasm). So happy they informed me that as a Catholic, I have no religious affiliation. Good thing I do not live in Pasadena, especially since they say it has almost no Gospel witness, whatever that means.  They mention the number of people in rehab but fail to mention there is a expensive rehab center in Pasadena where Dr. Drew works/worked. Other than going to festivals and handing out candy to try and lure people to their church, it doesn't seem they do much. 

I love that in their belief section they state they believe in no lawsuits between Christians and other Christians or the church. So it's ok to sue non-believers? What if one Christian goes to a different church? Whose church gets to decide the dispute? I wonder if there are people who really believe they cannot sue another Christian or church. 

This must be a home church because no physical address of the church is listed. I wanted to see where it was located.  

I realize I need stop obsessing over a church just because it is in Pasadena. 

@socalrules I'm going to keep enabling you. Here's the church. Looks like they're currently operating out of a Holiday Inn Express: https://www.facebook.com/CrosspointLA/ 

Phillip looks like he's attempting to be edgy or something by wearing a fedora in those beach baptism pictures. He has a history with IBLP. He told me he used to travel on mission trips with Gothard, who he liked a lot, but said his main beef with the ministry is that they aren't exclusively Baptist. :pb_rollseyes: They're pretty big leg humpers of Paul Chappell of Lancaster Baptist Church these days, I believe. 

ETA: Here's his twitter account. He follows IBLP, Bill Gothard, and the ATI office accounts. https://twitter.com/phillipdjones

@lizzybee thanks so much!!! Maybe they should have gotten a group discount when Gil Bates was operating his church out of a hotel. Sadly, I have never seen that Holiday Inn, it must be deep into Pasadena and I never go farther than Old Town. 

@socalrules Yes. I'd love to go check out their shiny new cult church to see what they're doing differently these days. 

@lizzybee, your story brought me back to my old church where they had couples talk during the sermon about how they tithed extra even when it meant they literally would not be able to pay their bills, and then voila, the next week the husband got a raise or they came into unexpected money, etc.  It was all the Lord guiding them and reminding them to be faithful and they would be rewarded.  Several years later, the head pastor sold the house that the church gifted him for well over a million dollars and moved his family down to Texas.  We had already left the church by then, but I always wondered how people felt about that...

[mention=21729]lizzybee[/mention], your story brought me back to my old church where they had couples talk during the sermon about how they tithed extra even when it meant they literally would not be able to pay their bills, and then voila, the next week the husband got a raise or they came into unexpected money, etc.  It was all the Lord guiding them and reminding them to be faithful and they would be rewarded.  Several years later, the head pastor sold the house that the church gifted him for well over a million dollars and moved his family down to Texas.  We had already left the church by then, but I always wondered how people felt about that...

A million dollars? Girl.

Phillip liked to tell stories like that too. You'd give faithfully and let your water bill go and the company would call and say someone else had paid for it, etc. We were like riiiiiiiight, I'm going to pay my water bill though. It's shameful how these pastors take advantage of vulnerable people who just want to feel closer to God.

7 hours ago, lizzybee said:

"Almost No Gospel Witness." WTF? I grew up 30 min from Pasadena and I think of it as one of the most (evangelical!) Christian places I've ever been (I'm a California evangelical, too). Fuller Theological Seminary is literally the largest evangelical seminary in the world. I have several friends on staff at large evangelical churches or missions organizations in Pasadena. It's just bizarre how completely separatist these fundamentalist groups can be, with such a narrow understanding of what the "Gospel" is. It's not even just the old Catholics-aren't-Christian line; this guy has to convert his fellow "Bible believing Christians"!

@TakingBibleClasses you gotta be the "right" type of Christian. We were at a Wednesday prayer meeting at the church one night and we were broken in groups to pray for people. One family was mentioned to pray for and I asked why because the reason wasn't specified. "Because they're Catholic and don't know Jesus." Oh okay. :pb_rollseyes:

50 minutes ago, lizzybee said:

You'd give faithfully and let your water bill go and the company would call and say someone else had paid for it, etc.

So years after all this happened, I was talking to my dad about it and he was ranting about how the church was exploiting the poor, and then it came out that he ended up anonymously donating a sizeable sum of money to a family in the church who was really struggling.  I guess that family ended up giving a testimony at the next money grabbing event about how dire their finances were but they tithed anyway, and then they got this anonymous donation and knew it was God telling them to keep tithing.  My dad was pretty mad about the whole thing.  Thinking about it now, I'm honestly just glad the money made it to the family, since my dad had given it to the pastor to keep anonymity.

Here's what I wonder about Jill & her sisters.  When it was just Jill and Jessa married, Jill obviously had the more higher status husband and more knowledge of soul winning etc, so could be properly queen-like in their sect.  But now Jinger is an actual pastor's wife, and one who seems to be self-supporting/at least not publicly grifting, to boot, how does that work? 

I admit, I'm seeing things in terms of the Georgian/Victorian peerage, where a younger sister who marries a higher-ranked peer now takes precedence over her older sister, so the pecking order I'm envisioning in Fundy-dom probably doesn't exist... but if it did, Jinger's now the Queen Bee, right?  I'd put Jessa second, what with TWO blessings and a husband who actually works, but I can see how being missionaries in Danger America could top that in their world...

(I'm also confused - SCAD is a heart issue, right?  So how would the existence of SCAD make it more likely a teenage girl had a spontaneous stroke?  Sorry if I missed something)

Pickles gave the Duhlards a click so the rest of us don't have to. Jill needs to lose the exclamation marks. It makes her look like she's using this poor family's story for shock value. (she is)

18447183_1229962870435853_69963759779757 

Hot Dogs and Watermelon have Saving Powers. 

Edited to add I am so sick of this slobbering. 

27 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Here's what I wonder about Jill & her sisters.  When it was just Jill and Jessa married, Jill obviously had the more higher status husband and more knowledge of soul winning etc, so could be properly queen-like in their sect.  But now Jinger is an actual pastor's wife, and one who seems to be self-supporting/at least not publicly grifting, to boot, how does that work? 

I admit, I'm seeing things in terms of the Georgian/Victorian peerage, where a younger sister who marries a higher-ranked peer now takes precedence over her older sister, so the pecking order I'm envisioning in Fundy-dom probably doesn't exist... but if it did, Jinger's now the Queen Bee, right?  I'd put Jessa second, what with TWO blessings and a husband who actually works, but I can see how being missionaries in Danger America could top that in their world...

(I'm also confused - SCAD is a heart issue, right?  So how would the existence of SCAD make it more likely a teenage girl had a spontaneous stroke?  Sorry if I missed something)

Dear Lurky,

This is a very scholastic and informative post. I do believe you are right that Jinger is now the Queen bee absolutely. NOt openly grifting and her husband is a real, or pretend real pastor who goes on and on from the pulpit. And they are saving people from Catholicism right on their home shores of Texas!!! It is also difficult to fold in the DangerAmerica piece of this puzzle. But you have analyzed very well. And Jessa's two blessings. 

So now my head hurts thinking about DangerAmerica and since I am also full of shit I will close.

Did she really include a picture of the casket?  I'm on my phone so maybe it's just a table but if I'm right that's just wrong.  Have some couth.

One of our friends (a fellow Christian). Of course, she had to mention that. Can't have non  Christian friends. Is the loss greater or more profound because they're Christian? :annoyed:. Rant over.

2 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Did she really include a picture of the casket?  I'm on my phone so maybe it's just a table but if I'm right that's just wrong.  Have some couth.

Seems to be a casket. What is the point of this. And I am really angry that Izzy and NewBabyBoy need to be subjected to "DangerAmerica" because this makes me angry. I said that. 

I think "a little time left" can be counted off one hand if Saturday is the wedding :D

1 minute ago, nickelodeon said:

I get the impression that hot dogs are not solving all of these people's problems somehow??

That would depend on whether or not the hot dog have nitrates, or are natural organic ones. 

6 minutes ago, freejoy said:

I think "a little time left" can be counted off one hand if Saturday is the wedding :D

She probably wrote this from the airport. :pb_lol: 

On 5/8/2017 at 4:25 PM, zygote373 said:

A friend recently attempted a VBAC for her second child, and her uterus ruptured mid-delivery. The baby was just sitting outside of her uterus in her abdominal cavity. She and the baby almost died, even with immediate medical intervention to finish delivering the baby via C section.

So...midwives absolutely should not attempt it outside of a hospital setting.

WE'LL SEE.

My OB-Gyn ,has since retired, refused to do VBAC....he saw a woman's uterus rupture.

I was 8lb 3 and 3/4 ounce but my mother had a scheduled C section,I was actually due August 15....2 weeks later...the doctor told her I probably would have been a 9lb baby if I had been born around my original due date.

My husband was a 10lb 6 oz baby.My MIL had not had her period in over a year,and it was 1957...she told me that they changed his "due date"....January 1957 went by the he was due in February....February went by then he was due in March.She was put under...as she was coming to the nurse told her she had a 10lb boy....she kept saying,No...No....she laughed and said she did not know if it was because of having a 10lb baby,or her third son.At that time,when it was time to bring the babies around ,for feeding,the nurses,would usually carry one on each arm...with my husband,they carried him separately....she said the nurses fought over who'd get to bring him.

All of my babies were big. 1) 8lbs 15 oz 2) 9lbs 7 and 3/4 oz 3) 10lbs 4oz. I never made my due date.And by the time each of my Melons was 6months old,they weighed 21lbs.

36 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Why of course she did! How would us haters understand just how DANGEROUS Central America is otherwise? It's not all falling shower racks you know. These people have real issues. The thing is that Jill and Derick are not and will not make their lives any better. So they need to get their asses back to Arkansas, Derick needs to get a real job, and Jill need to give birth in a hospital. The end. 

On 9 May 2017 at 11:34 PM, Cleopatra7 said:

It's like the I Love Lucy logo got drunk and took a boozy selfie. In all seriousness, I think this font could work if the Dillards were doing something other than being joyless Gospel bums, like if they owned a retro bowling alley or diner. A simpler serif font would have served them better.

I keep waiting for the cheesy music to start, or for chap to appear shouting " and here, tonight, for Your delight.... Mr and Mrs DeWreck Dillard!!!!!!!!(followed by loud tinny applause).

On 10 May 2017 at 0:57 AM, NotQuiteMotY said:

I could only watch half of that out of sheer horror. I had to stop before the end of the birth; all I could think of was how compromised that baby's oxygen supply had to be. And the clip earlier in the video, where she's wiping his(?) face post-birth, didn't help. Even there that child did not look like it would have gotten anywhere near a healthy APGAR score.

I watched in horror also, and thought about internal decapitation. If that baby doesn't have neck problems I will buy a hat and eat it.

No way was that a gentle birth. It has to have been very stressful for the baby.

I don't understand Jill and Derick and I never have. For all Jill was her parent's shining star, she has turned into a real disappointment in adulthood. Just another grifter looking for attention, handouts and sympathy for doing absolutely nothing. Maybe growing up as a "reality star" has warped Jill and then insta-fame warped her dumb young husband. These two are jokes. I wish they never had magazine covers and such. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived