IGNORED

Dillards 29 - Teaching Them to Make Piñatas

choralcrusader8613

My heart breaks for Izzy. Derick and Jill have no idea what is normal behavior for a child his age and Derick sounds like an unloving douche bag of a father. I'm not diagnosing Jill, but I'd be willing to bet she's got some serious PPD and PPA. She is an adult and made a lot of poor choices but she was never given the tools to make good decisions. I see the light in her eyes has gone and she looks 10 years older than she really is. I recognize this because it happened to me. 

Poor Izzy doesn't have much of a chance. His dad's a total asshole and his mom seems to be struggling with her mental health but she will never get the help she needs. Jill has no real support system. She has nobody telling her that it's okay to go get some professional help. She has nobody to watch Izzy while she gets some rest. I feel for her. I know her praycation stuff is a total joke, but it's hard being the only one taking care of a baby/toddler. I highly doubt Derick helps much. 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Henk12 said:

I know her praycation stuff is a total joke, but it's hard being the only one taking care of a baby/toddler. I highly doubt Derick helps much. 

Help her with Izzy? Isn't that what her so called "Spanish Teacher" is for? 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Help her with Izzy? Isn't that what her so called "Spanish Teacher" is for? 

You are right, I didn't think of that. I guess I was focusing on how Jessa is just down the road from her family and Ben doesn't work really. 

1 minute ago, Henk12 said:

You are right, I didn't think of that. I guess I was focusing on how Jessa is just down the road from her family and Ben doesn't work really. 

Derick doesn't work either. ;) 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Derick doesn't work either. ;) 

He at least pretends to haha. I definitely wouldn't want his "help" if I was Jill. He seemed like he might be okay at first, but he is really scary now. 

1 minute ago, Henk12 said:

He at least pretends to haha. I definitely wouldn't want his "help" if I was Jill. He seemed like he might be okay at first, but he is really scary now. 

No he doesn't! He goes around telling people that their religion is wrong and there is no one there to tell us, how often he even does that. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

No he doesn't! He goes around telling people that their religion is wrong and there is no one there to tell us, how often he even does that. 

That's true. I don't watch the show anymore but I got the impression that he did a lot of pestering the local people there, which to him is working. Of course they all probably just want him to go away. I know I would tell that angry goober to get away from me if I had to deal with him. 

Jill is huge and D-wreck is still creeping in the corner.

18341662_1220292088069598_76350372691640

On 4/30/2017 at 6:32 PM, MadeItOut said:

Of course we're forgetting that it's not her choice when they fly - she has to defer to the guy who clearly much prefers it down there and likely doesn't want to come home until they 'have to'.

Of course, the hope is he'd have more care and concern for his wife and kids. I'd like to think that, but he's too eerily similar to my first husband for me to want to trust him as far as I could throw him.

I can't say that I blame him too much for avoiding the duggar circus!  Ugh!  How exciting to return to that level of insanity!  I think part of his wanting to be out of country is to get AWAY from Jill's insane family!

For Jill, the insanity is her normal, and I think it's been hard for her to be "so alone" on their trips to CA, when her whole life, she was surrounded by tons of people.  I had a semi-large family....tiny in comparison to the Duggars....but 4 of us kids, cousins galore, neighborhood kids.  I never had the opportunity to be alone.  And it was about 3 or 4 yrs after leaving home before I was ok with being alone.  I felt like I NEEDED people surrounding me.  I was super-clingy at times, when I felt too much alone-ness, but I learned how to be alone....then learned to relish in the alone.  Turns out....I'm an introvert....who knew?!  

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Jill is huge and D-wreck is still creeping in the corner.

18341662_1220292088069598_76350372691640

Jill actually looks fine to me. Her belly looks pretty normal for being so far into her third trimester.

But yeah. Derick is all kinds of creep.

I'm normally a barefoot kind of girl but based on how many bugs they say they have seen in their home, I'd be wearing socks always.  No flip flops for me in bug country 

Did anyone else catch in their last update that Jill wants to get home to the states soon "to prepare for the birth (before [they] can't fly anymore)"? So they're aware that they're pushing it with the flying late-term at all (not that it's a good idea at all), but I'm curious as to whether this means they could come home any day now (or if they'll make it).

5 minutes ago, Pasta said:

I'm normally a barefoot kind of girl but based on how many bugs they say they have seen in their home, I'd be wearing socks always.  No flip flops for me in bug country 

My home is like spider city. The other night I found a huge spider on the ceiling in my daughter's room before I put her to bed. So glad I just happened to look up to catch that nasty little bastard. Then last night my husband was at his computer desk singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider to our kids, when he suddenly yells "oh shit!" and practically jumps out the chair. It turns out that a spider crawled over his foot right as he started singing Itsy Bitsy Spider! It was like the spider from the other night, except not as big. I hate my home. 

I don't know how you're still there.  I'd be dying there.  Running away screaming every day. 

37 minutes ago, BadMammaJana said:

My home is like spider city. The other night I found a huge spider on the ceiling in my daughter's room before I put her to bed. So glad I just happened to look up to catch that nasty little bastard. Then last night my husband was at his computer desk singing the Itsy Bitsy Spider to our kids, when he suddenly yells "oh shit!" and practically jumps out the chair. It turns out that a spider crawled over his foot right as he started singing Itsy Bitsy Spider! It was like the spider from the other night, except not as big. I hate my home. 

I was one of the only ones on my tour of Australia to love the forests and all that. I have pictures of like 10 different spiders I took up close. I also loved the snakes and lizards.

1 hour ago, BadMammaJana said:

I would be like "sorry kids, it was a nice house I guess, but now it's burning to the ground."

In looking at the door- do I see a pretty decent lock and then two security bolts? Is this their apartment?

@TuringMachine the picture of Jill was posted by Pickles.  I think she looks good actually, given she must be nearly 8 months? 

@OyToTheVey I was bushwalking last week and we saw a red bellied black snake (not deadly but will make you sick).  We always carry compression bandages with us in case we get bitten (never have, and it's unlikely) but I'd still prefer not to see snakes.  However, the only way to avoid seeing them is to never bushwalk, so it's a risk I accept.  Having said that, snake bites are pretty rare and usually caused by a human antagonising a snake, not being mindful of being in their habitat.  I'm glad you liked our bush.  And yes, we have awesome lizards.

5 minutes ago, Karma said:

@TuringMachine the picture of Jill was posted by Pickles.  I think she looks good actually, given she must be nearly 8 months? 

@OyToTheVey I was bushwalking last week and we saw a red bellied black snake (not deadly but will make you sick).  We always carry compression bandages with us in case we get bitten (never have, and it's unlikely) but I'd still prefer not to see snakes.  However, the only way to avoid seeing them is to never bushwalk, so it's a risk I accept.  Having said that, snake bites are pretty rare and usually caused by a human antagonising a snake, not being mindful of being in their habitat.  I'm glad you liked our bush.  And yes, we have awesome lizards.

The only thing that completely freaked me out was the poisonous trees. To this day I don't know if it was a thing that was told as tourists or the leaves are actually that bad. If one of the leaves touches you, you have physical pain for months. I don't remember what it was called. Everything else was pretty cool.

I wonder if the locals are tolerating their bullshit to get free babysitting for their children while they're out working or something. Jill and Derrick always seem to be around little kids there more than adults down there. Its kind of like how I used to go to the bible club at my high school once in a blue moon when they gave out free pizza to meeting attendees :pb_lol:

41 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

The only thing that completely freaked me out was the poisonous trees. To this day I don't know if it was a thing that was told as tourists or the leaves are actually that bad. If one of the leaves touches you, you have physical pain for months. I don't remember what it was called. Everything else was pretty cool.

The only problems I've had bushwalking have been brushing up against stinging nettles.    I  think you might have been told about the Gympie Gympie stinging tree? Glad they're not in the bush around here! 

http://www.australiangeographic.com.au/topics/science-environment/2009/06/gympie-gympie-once-stung,-never-forgotten/  

Was that Izzy's birthday party or something? There seems to a birthday banner hanging up. 

1 hour ago, Karma said:

I think she looks good actually, given she must be nearly 8 months? 

She's between 28 and 32 weeks pregnant depending on when she's due in July.

And she got excoriated by the internet with her last pregnancy/delivery that there wasn't a snowball's chance in hell of her telling the public her due date this time. 

Like my post count title, I wonder if she'll get another mid-labor pedi this time. :56247958af296_32(20):

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived