IGNORED

Dillards 29 - Teaching Them to Make Piñatas

choralcrusader8613

3 thoughts on the latest blog post.

1:

Although we try to make the hospitality house as inviting and comfortable as possible to those who may visit, we don’t easily forget the violence and hardships in our area that remind us of the reason we are here, to preach the gospel, encourage the church, and be the hands and feet of Jesus to a hurting world. 

This sentence is so cringeworthy. Homeskooling in action.

2: My take on the stroke, I think she meant it as a hyperbole, but Jill being Jill made an inappropriate word choice.

3. Jill and Derick are making my most disliked people we discuss here list*, which is usually reserved for the parents of these families. In no particular order: JB, Mullet, Gil, Kelly Jo, PP, Zsu Zsu, Joe Naugler, and now Jill and Derick.  No NicNog since I thing she's actually mentally ill and no Joshly because since he's in hiding he's not actively pissing me off.

*There are plenty of families followed on FJ that I haven't read a lot about who might have members equally awful. My list has only the ones I've read about myself.

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few personal highlights of mine from the latest blog, with my accompanying thoughts: 

"The aroma of sweaty kids and stinky feet still lingers in the hospitality house (the place where we are living while we are here working on the mission field in Central America) a couple hours after everyone has gone, but we all had a wonderful time playing and enjoying refreshments together."

1. What a strange opening sentence for your blog. Couldn't be bothered setting the scene a little bit more, Jill? Is all that banana bread baking getting in the way of your storytelling commitments? 

2. "Working" on the mission field. Hah. Hah. Hah. 

"...They lost their grandma a few weeks ago, then 8 days later their 20-year-old cousin was brutally murdered as she was selling coconuts at a roadside stand. When our friend’s teenage daughter received the news, she immediately had a stroke! They continue to live in fear of being kidnapped or killed and now seldom leave their home."

3. BUT AT LEAST THEY'RE NOT DEALING WITH THE AROMA OF SWEATY KIDS AND STINKY FEET IN THEIR HOSPITALITY HOUSE LIKE POOR JILL AND DERICK #hardships

"Please continue to pray for continued financial support as we still need to raise additional support for the rest of our time here on the field as well as the time we will be home surrounding the birth of our second little boy due in early July. Thank you to those of you who are supporting us already! (Donate online: www.dillardfamily.com)"

4. Your whole blog post is about how you've made a couple of people dinner and had some kids around your gifted house. Pray forgive me if I don't think that's worth parting with my hard-earned $$$ for. 

THESE PEOPLE. SERIOUSLY. 

7 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Did anyone catch the part about the teenage girl who had a stroke when she found out her sister had been murdered? Is that even medically possible?

I wouldn't rule it out. My sister had a heart attack at age 27 (well, it was SCAD to be technical) while visiting my grandma in ICU and getting some sad news. Had nothing to do with anything pre-existing. It's like having a heart attack because of a broken heart. 

Reading the blog update is painful. It reminds me of TFDW's writing (though not quite as bad). Duggar-style homeschooling in action for sure.

TLDR of the latest blog: People here have actual serious problems in their lives, but give us money because our shower rack fell down one time and sometimes we invite people over for dinner to yap at them about Jesus!!!!

Either Jill makes the best goddamn banana bread in town or their wifi is way faster than what other people have; otherwise I can't imagine why locals would enjoy spending a meal listening to two gringos tell them that their brutally murdered relatives will burn in hell for not loving Jesus the right way.

Did anyone catch the part about the teenage girl who had a stroke when she found out her sister had been murdered? Is that even medically possible?

Yes it is. My grandma had a stroke after watching my grandpa die of a heart attack (it went too fast and was so severe that every emergency help was too late).

Okay, I'm usually the one on here defending alternative and crunchy birth choices, but that footling breech bathtub delivery? Whole lotta NOPE. There are problems with the wholesale medicalisation of childbirth, BUT also modern medicine and interventions developed for a reason, and they have their place in situations such as this! I couldn't watch the whole video. 

53 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Yes it is. My grandma had a stroke after watching my grandpa die of a heart attack (it went too fast and was so severe that every emergency help was too late).

Okay, yes, your grandma. I'm going to hazard a guess that your grandma was not a teenage girl at the time. I also have an extremely hard time believing that a 27-year-old woman with no preexisting conditions or risk factors whatsoever had a stress-induced heart attack. 

4 hours ago, ak1188 said:

*Let me preface this by saying I've worked in a NICU for 7 months, but I still have a lot to learn and do not know much about labor and delivery.*

Pushing can take a while and not be an issue as long as the baby doesn't go into distress, but in this case nobody was monitoring for that.  With a breech delivery, you run the risk of compressing the umbilical cord and cutting off oxygen delivery, which can cause lasting problems and even brain death in a baby that had been developmentally normal up until delivery.  This baby came out with poor muscle tone, poor color, and a very weak cry (I gave it an APGAR of 6, for the poster who asked about it, but it was a very charitable 6), all of which would have warranted some kind of intervention had this been a hospital birth.

All that being said, MOST babies are fine, even if their APGARs suck at first.  Most deliveries go smoothly, even the high risk ones.  But when you have one go wrong, it's scary and the end result can be tragic.  I recently took care of a baby who was brain dead at birth due to a bad delivery, and it was heartbreaking.  It's not something I would wish on any family, and I get angry when people like the woman in that video willfully put themselves and their children at risk.

*ends rant, steps off soapbox*

That's horrible! That poor baby and family. :( 

Thank you for the explanation! I figured that pushing a while was ok as long as no one was in distress. And I figured the birth in the video wasn't a safe or normal delivery based off comments, but I couldn't bring myself to watch.

And thank you for working in NICU as well! My daughter is a NICU grad (she was there a week in early December - she was born 5 lbs at 34w2d.) My husband and I are convinced that NICU Nurses are actually just superheroes who have to hang their cloaks up before their shift starts (because hygiene and safety.) Thank up or taking such good care of your babies and their families! :) 

3 hours ago, Karma said:

That video scared me. The amount of time the baby was just dangling from the mother by its head seemed way too long to my completely uneducated about home births mind.  Nothing about seeing that would tempt me to do an unassisted home breech birth.  

If I'm fortunate enough to have a second child I would only change two things:

1. I'd make sure we both have bags packed before we head in, even if we don't think it's real labor.

2. If it's not late at night when we get to the hospital - like it was with my daughter - then I'd hold off on getting my epidural. My contractions weren't bad at all, but I really wanted to get some rest while I could.

Otherwise? All that video does is make me more positive that the Hospital is the only choice for me... and I didn't even watch the damn video.

I wish Rufus would gift Jill with some grammar. And did you notice the STYROFOAM cups and plates in one picture?  And the wall mounted air conditioner? They sure are roughing it.

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I wish Rufus would gift Jill with some grammar. And did you notice the STYROFOAM cups and plates in one picture?  And the wall mounted air conditioner? They sure are roughing it.

she is just doing what her parents did with regards to never using plates. I am in the camp they are playing house and living on vacation. 

and apparently they are home according to Facebook. I could be wrong. 

But her audacity to ask for money still drives me Nuts. 

Religious zeal is so very unattractive. I much prefer observing someone leading a worthwhile, gracious life where they are kind, patient and involved in charitable ventures quite a bit and asking them then about their spiritual beliefs. Or hearing about true medical professionals spending time in an underserved area actually helping without blithering on about Jesus. 

But I digress...or not. 

Of course the stress of an emergent situation could cause a dump of hormones that could result in a cardiovascular incident in a person of any age. Hormones can be life saving, but not always. Think fight or flight.

17 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Please continue to pray with us for:

-Continued financial support as we still need to raise additional support for the rest of our time here on the field as well as the time we will be home surrounding the birth of our second little boy due in early July. Thank you to those of you who are supporting us already! (Donate online: www.dillardfamily.com)

-Continued health. We have been dealing with seasonal allergies as the shift from “dry season” to “rainy season” is beginning.

-That hearts would be softened to the gospel and Christians would continue to grow in their relationship with Jesus. 

-Those who are facing difficult situations, that God would give us wisdom in how to best reach out to them. 

-The young momma who is still awaiting a call to the hospital for brain surgery. 

Theres something really fucked up about the order of her prayers considering they're missionaries saving the world one poor misguided catholic at a time...

1- MONEY

2- ALLERGIES (read: I want to feel better - not even pray for my baby's health)

3 - JESUS

4 - Others

5 - Others

So, yeah, shouldnt it be:

1 - JESUS

2-3 - Others

4 - Money

5 - Me

I hate these people.

So Jilly Muffin has never used  any aspect of her midwife "training" in Central America, correct?  And she and Derick are doing nothing at all in terms of promoting local health or sanitation, correct? Just contributing to the local garbage dump with their styrofoam cups and plates?

F*cking Useless Gringos.

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

So Jilly Muffin has never used  any aspect of her midwife "training" in Central America, correct?  And she and Derick are doing nothing at all in terms of promoting local health or sanitation, correct? Just contributing to the local garbage dump with their styrofoam cups and plates?

F*cking Useless Gringos.

My guess is the women there are too smart to let Jill and her "print your own" diploma touch them during birth.

37 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

My guess is the women there are too smart to let Jill and her "print your own" diploma touch them during birth.

Or they've seen the show and saw how Izzy's birth went. That wouldn't paint Jill in a good light. 

Do they have to report how much money they get from people for this? Would love to know how much they actually got. I really hope the funding completely dries up though.

Wonder if anyone in their own family donated?

I'm just sickened by the whole thing though. Does any of that money go to things these people might actually need? And I'm not talking stupid banana bread.

Hate these people!!

Did they get non profit status? They still have to file a return, which Derick should know. To think we once were impressed because he had a degree from a real university and a job. I think he's outduggared the Duggars.

55 minutes ago, MarcyMM said:

Wonder if anyone in their own family donated?

Don't be silly. They believe in self-sufficiency, in pulling yourself up by your bootstraps, leave and cleave. DerJill simply couldn't accept money from her family on principle.

ha ha.

On 5/7/2017 at 1:18 PM, Dandruff said:

She's married to a complication.

I'm not sure why but it won't let me post without this quote. Derp.

Anyway, I'm all for home birth and all things crunchy. But a home vbac with no real midwife? No thanks. I am praying that Jill tries for a vbac in a hospital with a  real midwife. The hospital I delivered my kids at is extremely vbac friendly. You can even have a water vbac if you want! I understand why someone would want a home birth, but not if it put lives at risk. She could have a doula and have a very peaceful and hands off vbac in a hospital if she wanted. My last birth was amazing even though I had two really awful births before that. I wasn't hooked up to anything, they just came to check our vitals every two hours and other than that they left me alone until my daughter decided to come. I sat on a birth ball and watched Top Gear with my husband until things got intense and then I labored in the tub until I kept getting sick. After that I sat in bed for an hour until she was born. It was the hands off birth I always dreamed of but totally safe! 

You know, I don't think Sweet Jilly Muffin has any idea how she comes off or how to be likable.  I think that since she was always the favored Duggar daughter and JB's little princess, that she sort of bullied or forced people to like her.  I don't mean overtly or aggressively, but in more of a Regina George/Mean Girl/Popular Girl "you have to like me/be my friend/cater to me OR ELSE" sort of way. Then add to that celebrity and instant pregnancy, and I think she started to feel ENTITLED to special treatment, fawning, and support.

I don't think that's working out for her as an adult.  I don't think she has many real friends down in Scary America.  I don't think she understands WHY people dislike her and Derick.  I don't think she understands why when she comes back to Arkansas, her sisters aren't fully willing to let her slide back into her old role as Queen.  

I think she's isolated and afraid and unable to critically examine the role HER behavior plays in her situation.    I think that Jill, possibly the most out of all the Duggar girls, really needs therapy to process her past and start functioning like a semi-adult.  

8 hours ago, Smash! said:

Now, that you've written that, I do think it's possible although I think it's very unusual. I think that someone would have to already have a condition that pre-disposed them to stroke.   Debbie Reynolds apparently had a stroke the day after her daughter Carrie Fisher died of a massive heart attack.  Personally, I think that Debbie died of a broken heart.

The point, though, is that it was a teenage girl. Not an old woman. Everyone's heard of older people, even middle aged people having strokes or heart attacks after a particularly stressful event. But I have never heard of it happening to a teenage girl.

Jill and Derrick are asking for money AGAIN? :pb_rollseyes: 

I wonder what an IRS audit of their non-profit would reveal. If Derrick goes to jail for tax evasion and/or fraud, maybe he and Jilly Muffin will finally have the kind of life experiences to help them reach people who are experiencing difficulties in life. They should be careful what they pray for, where having the wisdom to reach sinners is concerned, they might get what they pray for there. Hell, even Jeremy was arrested before stepping out on a pulpit to tell other people how to act and behave. Coming from Jill and Derrick, claims that living a sin free life is hard seem ingenuine. 

8 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Religious zeal is so very unattractive. I much prefer observing someone leading a worthwhile, gracious life where they are kind, patient and involved in charitable ventures quite a bit and asking them then about their spiritual beliefs. Or hearing about true medical professionals spending time in an underserved area actually helping without blithering on about Jesus. 

But I digress...or not. 

and that is the nail on the head - their religious zeal is what they think is inspiring while the rest of the world and us think they are crazy.  Nothing she said in her blog was authentic or warmhearted.  It is almost like she is blaming them for not getting her mission correctly. 

5 hours ago, Georgiana said:

You know, I don't think Sweet Jilly Muffin has any idea how she comes off or how to be likable.  I think that since she was always the favored Duggar daughter and JB's little princess, that she sort of bullied or forced people to like her.  I don't mean overtly or aggressively, but in more of a Regina George/Mean Girl/Popular Girl "you have to like me/be my friend/cater to me OR ELSE" sort of way. Then add to that celebrity and instant pregnancy, and I think she started to feel ENTITLED to special treatment, fawning, and support.

I don't think that's working out for her as an adult.  I don't think she has many real friends down in Scary America.  I don't think she understands WHY people dislike her and Derick.  I don't think she understands why when she comes back to Arkansas, her sisters aren't fully willing to let her slide back into her old role as Queen.  

I think she's isolated and afraid and unable to critically examine the role HER behavior plays in her situation.    I think that Jill, possibly the most out of all the Duggar girls, really needs therapy to process her past and start functioning like a semi-adult.  

Her sisters are willing to let her slide back into her old role because she doesn't give them a choice.  Every time  Jill is at TTH it's obvious she slides into her old role.  Whether Jessa puts up with it behind the scenes no one knows. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived