IGNORED

Dillards 29 - Teaching Them to Make Piñatas

choralcrusader8613

5 hours ago, Pasta said:

I don't know how you're still there.  I'd be dying there.  Running away screaming every day. 

I'd move. 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Pasta, @Nikedagain?, @onekidanddone

I would totally move, but we've got one more year on the lease. We're just being hypervigilant about the spiders until then. Today was a good day, no ugly spiders. I should probably light a candle to Rufus to make sure it stays that way. 

@BadMammaJana I lived in a spidery place once. Have you tried peppermint oil and/or white vinegar sprayed into corners and around doors and windows. It seemed to help my place, and wasn't toxic to the fur babies.... The whole house smelled like the inside of an altiods tin (and I can't stand peppermint to this day), but the bugs mostly vacated.

Mum keeps a handful of conkers on each windowsill and that really works for her. I've never seen a spider at her place since.

I don't mind the odd spider - we live rurally and close to livestock so the occasional fly or mossi  is going to get in. ...and I wouldn't even mind that only mossies completely ignore Mr MIO and only nibble me :(

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

She's between 28 and 32 weeks pregnant depending on when she's due in July.

Thanks for setting me straight, I'd lost track without her chalkboard updates ;) .  I kind of miss them, actually...

7 hours ago, BadMammaJana said:

@Pasta, @Nikedagain?, @onekidanddone

I would totally move, but we've got one more year on the lease. We're just being hypervigilant about the spiders until then. Today was a good day, no ugly spiders. I should probably light a candle to Rufus to make sure it stays that way. 

No. You use that candle to burn the motherfucking house down. Only reasonable response. :pb_lol:

5 hours ago, Karma said:

Thanks for setting me straight, I'd lost track without her chalkboard updates ;) .  I kind of miss them, actually...

I miss them too to be honest. I know she's probably just really busy with Izzy and she may not have reliable internet (I think she's mentioned that), but she looked so happy and excited in those chalkboard photos. 

Jill looks fantastic. I'm actually surprised that she's as small as she is. Wasn't Izzy a bigger baby? Or was that Spud? I'm very curious to see how this birth will go. I hope she doesn't have any complications.

48 minutes ago, Henk12 said:

Jill looks fantastic. I'm actually surprised that she's as small as she is. Wasn't Izzy a bigger baby? Or was that Spud? I'm very curious to see how this birth will go. I hope she doesn't have any complications.

Spurgeon and Israel were both big babies. Israel was 9 lbs 10 oz and 23 inches long. Spurgeon was 9 lbs 11 oz and 21 inches long. Henry was 8 pounds 11 oz and 21 and 3/4 inches long.

So hopefully Jill lucks out like Jessa and this baby isn't as heavy as Israel was. I mean, Henry was still on the bigger side - but he was a more manageable weight.

(Says the woman who birthed a 19 inch, 5 pound peanut and honestly can't imagine birthing an almost 10 pounder without medication. :pb_eek:)

I'm pretty sure Jessa said she tried to lay off the junk/sugary food a lot more this time around, so that very well may have contributed to Henry's (relatively) smaller size. I have no idea how Jill ate when she was pregnant with Izzy, and she was two weeks late, too. I would guess she's eating less/healthier in Central America than she was in the States, but I really have no way of knowing. And sometimes it has nothing to do with that. I knew a petite woman who barely ate anything, and she gave birth to HUGE babies. Her largest was over 11 lbs. I think she had five or six kids, all huge, all at home with a midwife, no pain relief, no complications. Sometimes I think it's really just a crap shoot. 

I know in the 20 Kids and Counting book, Michelle says that Jessa (I think) was over 10 lbs and one of the nurses told her she'd have an easier time if she ate healthier during the pregnancies and avoided sweets, which she admitted was her craving with Jessa.  Michelle may well have advised Jessa the same way with her second pregnancy, that she should avoid sweets, etc.

I think Jilll looks good. Her ankles and wrists don't look swollen. It's just all baby.

Jill looks great!

Diet aside, she's guaranteed to have been on her feet more this pregnancy simply because she has a toddler, and they probably walk more in SCA, both of which tend to help with baby size.

I think the Duggar girls just have large babies. Some people do. The Bateses, OTOH, have tinier babies.

And really, the weight doesn't really pile on until the end. Jill still has 6 weeks left, minimum, unless she has a preemie. Still lots of time left.

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I think the Duggar girls just have large babies. Some people do. The Bateses, OTOH, have tinier babies.

And really, the weight doesn't really pile on until the end. Jill still has 6 weeks left, minimum, unless she has a preemie. Still lots of time left.

Yep. My Doctors all said genetics play a big role in baby size. The mother's diet and activity can have an effect, but not as much as people expect. Most fetuses will take only what they need to grow properly.

You're absolutely right that Jill still has time to grow, but she still looks pretty good for how far along she may be. She really does look like she's all baby this time around.

22 hours ago, Kittikatz said:

@BadMammaJana I lived in a spidery place once. Have you tried peppermint oil and/or white vinegar sprayed into corners and around doors and windows. It seemed to help my place, and wasn't toxic to the fur babies.... The whole house smelled like the inside of an altiods tin (and I can't stand peppermint to this day), but the bugs mostly vacated.

I have tried the peppermint oil. I spray the windows a lot, but haven't done the front door area in a while. Time to respray in a few days. It's going to rain so, I'll do it after our dries up. I haven't tried the vinegar though, do you find one more effective than the other? 

21 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I'm pretty sure Jessa said she tried to lay off the junk/sugary food a lot more this time around, so that very well may have contributed to Henry's (relatively) smaller size. I have no idea how Jill ate when she was pregnant with Izzy, and she was two weeks late, too. I would guess she's eating less/healthier in Central America than she was in the States, but I really have no way of knowing. And sometimes it has nothing to do with that. I knew a petite woman who barely ate anything, and she gave birth to HUGE babies. Her largest was over 11 lbs. I think she had five or six kids, all huge, all at home with a midwife, no pain relief, no complications. Sometimes I think it's really just a crap shoot. 

My second was 11 lbs 9 oz. I did have an epidural, but it wasn't working like it should have been and it was a vaginal delivery. I didn't have gestational diabetes and ate pretty healthy. According to the hospital I was a week late, but I think somehow I was closer to  two weeks late. I'm 5"1 but my husband is 6"1 and everyone in his family was on the larger side at birth and they're all tall adults. 

My other two kids were 7 lbs 8 oz and 7 lbs 14 oz. 

On 5/6/2017 at 10:41 AM, Henk12 said:

She's married to a complication.

On the subject of spiders and thier foulness, last night I was sleeping and my cat kept trying to nibble at my face. I thought she was just trying to give me kitty kisses but it turns out there was a huge spider on my face she wanted to have! 

13 hours ago, BadMammaJana said:

I have tried the peppermint oil. I spray the windows a lot, but haven't done the front door area in a while. Time to respray in a few days. It's going to rain so, I'll do it after our dries up. I haven't tried the vinegar though, do you find one more effective than the other? 

I mixed the peppermint oil with vinegar and sprayed them on together. Apparently, spiders also hate lavender oil. Someone I know is using that too and she thinks it's helping. 

18 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

I mixed the peppermint oil with vinegar and sprayed them on together. Apparently, spiders also hate lavender oil. Someone I know is using that too and she thinks it's helping. 

I have all of those, I'll have to try them, thanks! 

36 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

It turns out there was a huge spider on my face she wanted to have! 

Oh my gosh. I would have started a fire right there. Burn it down. Uuhhhhg

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

She's married to a complication.

I laughed when I first read this but it's actually scary how true it is. I pray he doesn't make her wait until the last minute to fly back, but he's a selfish douche so he probably will. I mean he already took a huge risk making them go down there in the first place. He's just awful and I get pissed every time I think about him :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

On 5/6/2017 at 1:23 AM, MadeItOut said:

Mum keeps a handful of conkers on each windowsill and that really works for her. I've never seen a spider at her place since.

I don't mind the odd spider - we live rurally and close to livestock so the occasional fly or mossi  is going to get in. ...and I wouldn't even mind that only mossies completely ignore Mr MIO and only nibble me :(

I totally had to look up what a conker was, haha. I've never heard of them until now. I'm also guessing mossies are mosquitos? 

1 hour ago, BadMammaJana said:

I'm also guessing mossies are mosquitos? 

You are correct.

Apparently in Australia, we abbreviate everything. 

I learnt English in a different country so that didn't quite make sense to me at first, but I admit, I abbreviate a lot of words now, or use slang. 

21 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Yep. My Doctors all said genetics play a big role in baby size. The mother's diet and activity can have an effect, but not as much as people expect. Most fetuses will take only what they need to grow properly.

You're absolutely right that Jill still has time to grow, but she still looks pretty good for how far along she may be. She really does look like she's all baby this time around.

This seemed to be true for me.  I gained a crazy lot of weight with my first.  She was 8 lbs 12 oz.  My 3rd was 8 lbs 11 oz and I only gained 18 lbs.  #2 was 8 lbs 2 oz, but she was 17 days late.  #4 was 5 lbs 10 oz, but he was a 35 weeker.  My weight gain was different every time, but my babies all seemed to be about the same size.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived