IGNORED

Dillards 29 - Teaching Them to Make Piñatas

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I think it's telling that they are suspicious of their 2 year old child's love. It's just like how JB and Michelle raised their kid to live a certain way yet didn't trust any of them to follow any of those tenants without buddies and constant supervision. Rediculous. 

If the parent in question wasn't the wonderful favorite Jill I would almost think it was a reaction to angry feelings towards her childhood. Like, "I was forced to love and obey you, now I'm suspicious my child feels the same way." 

Let me know if this doesn't make sense. I'll try to clarify.

i think you make perfect sense.  Jill and Derick are the idiots who think a 2 year old has no grace. 

JB and Michelle were always crazy and instilled the crazy into their kids - Derick just is his own version of crazy. 

everything that interview was about was sad whether it was the only married 3 years, or how they talk about the kid. 

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/19/2017 at 3:14 PM, manda b said:

Dillards would it be so hard to say "Israel is  a spunky, curious, and intelligent two year old." ?

They regard being spunky, curious, and intelligent to be vices, not virtues, so of course they're not going to say that. However, it would be bad press to say something like, "We're going to beat him into submission until he's a Stepford child," so they harp on how "manipulative" he is. Once again, I have to ask why children are a "blessing" if they are manipulative sinners who have to be beaten until they lose the will to live.

On 4/18/2017 at 7:13 PM, anjulibai said:

Ariel

Picturing little Ariel Dillard singing about wishing she could be "part of your world" while sitting at a window staring at little girls climbing jungle gyms in shorts.

Pickles posted some stuff from Jill.  It seems that Izzy has had a fever for 5 days.

Do you think that they withhold medical care because Derrick thinks Izzy is manipulating them with a fever?

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Pickles posted some stuff from Jill.  It seems that Izzy has had a fever for 5 days.

Do you think that they withhold medical care because Derrick thinks Izzy is manipulating them with a fever?

I really don't know why I continue to be shocked by these people. A fever for 5 days and it hasn't broken? I'm baffled how stupid they are. That's so dangerous. 

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I hope this isn't true. Surely they aren't that dumb. I guess it depends on how high the fever is as well but still...

They believe in medication right?! I mean I know they had some type of vaccines but like your average pain killer or whatever is used for toddlers?

I hope Jill has taken Izzy to a doctor or medical clinic. A prolonged fever is not something to take lightly.

4 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I really don't know why I continue to be shocked by these people. A fever for 5 days and it hasn't broken? I'm baffled how stupid they are. That's so dangerous. 

- she leaves the states to a zika infected SCA place while pregnant - 

she probably forgot to give him an aspirin 

My kindle cuts off part of the heading, so it says "teaching them to make pina". I immediately think pina coladas

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:00 PM, Cassia said:

http://people.com/tv/jill-duggar-dillard-husband-derick-love-being-parents-far-from-mastering-it/

“We know that human nature is still there because he’s very manipulative,” says Derick. “He’ll say, ‘I love you, papi,’ like if he’s really trying to get something to butter you up right before he asks for something.”

It literally made me squirm to hear Derick label Izzy as very manipulative. I know nothing about him as father but I hope that he is gentle and patient and loving with his children. I hope that Jill is on board with his parenting style. I would not be ok with my husband publicly declaring our toddler as very manipulative...

Agreed and if a human doesn't have "human nature", then what do they have...?

6 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

They regard being spunky, curious, and intelligent to be vices, not virtues, so of course they're not going to say that. However, it would be bad press to say something like, "We're going to beat him into submission until he's a Stepford child," so they harp on how "manipulative" he is. Once again, I have to ask why children are a "blessing" if they are manipulative sinners who have to be beaten until they lose the will to live.

I love this so much.  Aren't children wonderful creatures who are supposed to be loving and torture you?  Parents are suppose to support and love children and think good thoughts about them.  I always feel loved and cherished.  Is it wrong to feel that? They will make him feel unwanted and suspicious in time. 

1 hour ago, nst said:

I love this so much.  Aren't children wonderful creatures who are supposed to be loving and torture you?  Parents are suppose to support and love children and think good thoughts about them.  I always feel loved and cherished.  Is it wrong to feel that? They will make him feel unwanted and suspicious in time. 

As long as you keep your woman pregnant as a proof of your manly manhood children are a blessing. And yes, newborns are cute, but after that stage is over they become bad and evil sinners who need to be (blanket)trained and hit and taught about their sinful nature 24/7. The hypocrisy just can't get any bigger.

I don't know. I had one who would have a fever of up to 101, diarrhea, and ear pain for 4-5 days, and then he'd pop out two teeth at once. Maybe they've seen that in Izzy. (Cant' believe I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.)

Yeah, there are viruses that can do that. My boys would run a fever for five days....recurring in late afternoon and not extremely high. Initially went to the doctor and then called in after I figured it out next time to check on the current symptoms. 

12 hours ago, nst said:

- she leaves the states to a zika infected SCA place while pregnant - 

she probably forgot to give him an aspirin 

You absolutely don't give a child that young aspirin. According to John Hopkin's, aspirin has been linked to Reyes Syndrome (potentially fatal) and shouldn't be given to young children. If you want or need to give them medication, Children's Tylenol or a similar product approved by the Pediatrician is the best bet. Otherwise making sure they stay hydrated, cool, and rested usually does the trick.

That said, if he's over 2 and had a fever of 100.4 or higher for more than three days, then they should have at least called a Doctor. Jill didn't mention whether they did or not, but I would hope they would have because a fever over an extended period of time could indicate a more serious issue (I doubt that was the case here since he's feeling better, but it's still better to be cautious.)

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/pediatrics/fevers_90,P02512/

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/reyes-syndrome/basics/definition/con-20020083

17 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

His fever did eventually break and he was feeling better. Which is great, but I really hope they thought to at least call a Doctor or something. Even if they've seen similar symptoms with him teething. You just never know whether it's something harmless or something more serious.

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I hope this isn't true. Surely they aren't that dumb. I guess it depends on how high the fever is as well but still...

A fever is defined as being 100.4 Fahrenheit or higher. But Jill was raised in a family that claims to have produced a Concert Pianist, so it wouldn't surprise me if they considered anything over like 99 Fahrenheit to be a fever.

Viral infections can last that long, but it's the Duhlards we're talking about here. They're stupid. Assuming they'll do the wrong thing is pretty much a given. 

Here's some screenshots of their latest update from fb so no one gives them page views.

17952781_1207374846027989_62408445912301

18010257_1207374856027988_75941270108312

Sending my prayers to all these women who are stuck with Jill breathing down their necks anytime they skip Sunday School, nattering about how they have to "let Jesus take control" of their lives or else they're not real Christians (oh, and have some cookies and banana bread!)

So fever is one of the Zika symptoms and  even though they didn't say if he had a rash etc, it wouldn't surprise me. Zika is very flu-like. Best of luck Jill :my_rolleyes:

God, Derrick just gets creepier and creepier each time I check into this thread. 

Did anyone read History of Wolves? The parallels aren't exactly the same, but I thought of the young dad in that while reading Derrick's interview. 

I saw on the Duggar Family Blog that the Dillards are referring to their bun in the oven as "Samuellito" - do we think they're going to name him Samuel? Maybe stick with an "-el" theme?

It occurs to me that Jill and Derrick were in El Salvador through the whole of Holy Week, which is, of course, a whole progression through suffering and death, to resurrection. As in, by Maundy Thursday into Good Friday and Holy Saturday, yes, there's supposed to be a focus on the suffering and death part of sacrifice for those left behind. It's not about losing hope during that period, it's about thinking about and reflecting on the sacrifice part and THEN rejoicing on Easter AFTER the resurrection.  Expecting happiness and joy about the resurrection during the earlier parts of Holy Week, or even during Lent as a whole, in a majority Catholic country is absurd. NOW we're in the Easter season and the religious calendar focuses on the joy part. But being upset about a lack of joyful celebration of the resurrection during certain parts of the liturgical calendar really highlights for me how little Jill (and Derrick) understand about cultural Catholicism. 

Isn't the point of Holy Week to focus on the suffering of Jesus, which Christians believe was necessary and culminated with his dying on the cross? I was raised Lutheran, and we had a tenebrae service on Good Friday. (Tenebrae services are more solemn, focusing on Jesus' death, and after each reading lights are turned off one by one.) Then the sunrise service on Easter was the time for celebration and happiness. How can people appreciate the meaning of Easter without appreciating the suffering of Christ? 

Yeah, as someone who went to an Anglican and then mainline Protestant church (Presbyterian) I don't understand their attitude at all. Why even do Holy Week if it's bad to focus on Jesus's death and suffering? That's the whole point until Easter, and then you celebrate. I don't get it, they love to threaten and guilt people with Jesus all the rest of the year, but they think other people are too focused on his death...?

8 hours ago, metheglyn said:

It occurs to me that Jill and Derrick were in El Salvador through the whole of Holy Week, which is, of course, a whole progression through suffering and death, to resurrection. As in, by Maundy Thursday into Good Friday and Holy Saturday, yes, there's supposed to be a focus on the suffering and death part of sacrifice for those left behind. It's not about losing hope during that period, it's about thinking about and reflecting on the sacrifice part and THEN rejoicing on Easter AFTER the resurrection.  Expecting happiness and joy about the resurrection during the earlier parts of Holy Week, or even during Lent as a whole, in a majority Catholic country is absurd. NOW we're in the Easter season and the religious calendar focuses on the joy part. But being upset about a lack of joyful celebration of the resurrection during certain parts of the liturgical calendar really highlights for me how little Jill (and Derrick) understand about cultural Catholicism. 

Bonus points for this being their second year in El Salvador for Holy Week. Either year one taught them nothing or they're just being willingly ignorant at this point. Either way, I'm gonna go ahead and say they win the "Dumbass Fundies Who Think They Know Jesus" Award this week.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived