IGNORED

Seewalds 20 - Fashionably Modest and Baby Curls

choralcrusader8613

7 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

There's a different pic from the same trip on the general Duggars thread.

Either way, it's only a tiny superficial change. Show me her prescription for birth control and I might get excited.

Yes, or you know questioning some of the hateful beliefs that they hold. Jeremy could go on this trip as well. 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't actually believe JinJer are preventing whatsoever. But in the case that they were trying something like NFP (or hell even BC) to try and slow down the next season of life, do you think Jinger would ever confide in Jessa as her best friend? I'm of the opinion that the pants!!1!1!!1! thing is just because her new headship says it's okay, and I would be surprised if Jessa tried to shame Jinger for pants (although maybe I'm giving her too much credit). If Jinger's new headship was okay with some sort of family planning, would she tell Jessa and play the headship card? Or do you think she would just say "God's timing...who knows"?

I'm not saying this in a way that shows hope or that I think this is what's happening (I don't). I just get curious about certain situations and think about how these fundies' minds work. 

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

In grade 1, I got in trouble for colouring a tree red.

Are you me?! I got in trouble in first grade because I was coloring in the "fluffy" part of the tree in circles, instead of straight lines o.O I also missed many recesses that year because I talked during lunch....

4 minutes ago, wotdancer said:

Are you me?! I got in trouble in first grade because I was coloring in the "fluffy" part of the tree in circles, instead of straight lines o.O I also missed many recesses that year because I talked during lunch....

I got in trouble for colouring two different ways, I had to choose between up and down or side to side. 

And I missed the day of multiplication if grade 2 and my teacher marked every single one wrong and showed it to the class. 

Some people just should not be teachers. And should not work with kids in any capacity, period. Or with human beings in general. I had some really wonderful teachers, but man, the bad ones were bad.

If you guys watch 13 Reasons Why on Netflix, notice how much the main character looks like Jessa. Once you see it, you can't unsee it and she looks more like Jessa than any of her Duggar sisters. 

@NakedKnees,  I am currently reading 1984 and your son's teacher proved that s/he'd never read the book.  In the novel,  Winston Smith isn't sure that it really is 1984.  He thinks it is, because he's 39 and was born in 1944 or '45.  In his dystopian world, you can't be sure about dates anymore.

@singsingsing, my youngest daughter got sent to the principal's office in first grade for cutting out paper snowflakes.  She was finished with her work and was keeping busy.  She had lots and lots of horrid teachers in elementary school.

I hated grade school with a white hot passion.  I was advanced in reading skills, okay in other subjects but really (really) bad at math.  My teachers not only didn't give me the help I needed, they would belittle and bully me in front of the other kids.  I was spanked in front of my class once, and was given the strap on more than one occasion (they did that back then).  Once during a  parent/teacher interview, my teacher broke down in sobs and told my mother that she found me absolutely impossible to deal with, didn't really like me and had no idea how to handle that (I was like, 10 years old maybe).

It was a miserable experience, and I'm sure was the basis for the mathphobia I still deal with.  And my problems with authority figures.

One of the few upsides from my parents divorce was moving from the country to a small town, so I was able to change schools, where things were much better.

5 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Jessa (and family), Jana, Jinger, Sierra, and friends went to Magnolia in Waco (Fixer Upper from HGTV). More pics on her instagram (it was an album). 

There are pants. Seemingly no obvious bump.  Let's not all freak out for pages now, friends.

IMG_9742.PNG

i know this was briefly discussed elsewhere, but i try to avoid the main duggar threads because the main duggars in general are even more boring than the marrieds....but i lived in Waco several years during/after college, including about 3 blocks from the Silos during the years *right* before the Gaines fam became and thing, and boy do I have a love-hate relationship with that place. I could literally go on forever. They took waco from 50% poverty/40% Baylor/10% rich retired grandparents living on the lake, and crammed themselves right in between the rich-y Baylor crowd and the rich-y old people crowd.

But honestly, the Duggar girls et al are basically a more-fundie less-useful version of every other annyoing bitch that insists on touristing at the Silos. ugh. I'm not at all surprised to see this visit happened, though I was hoping it wouldn't....

I don't know what Joanna Gaines looks like- is she in any of the pictures? Who are the friends with them besides Sierra? I suppose it's not a reality TV crossover episode, because their channels are owned by different corporations. Also, this probably means that they're all watching cable TV, right? Or are they just seeing a lot of #shiplap on social media?

35 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I don't know what Joanna Gaines looks like- is she in any of the pictures? Who are the friends with them besides Sierra? I suppose it's not a reality TV crossover episode, because their channels are owned by different corporations. Also, this probably means that they're all watching cable TV, right? Or are they just seeing a lot of #shiplap on social media?

I didn't see Joanna features in any pics. The girl in the gray shirt dress is named Laura. She's been seen with them on many occasions, I think she's closest to Jana. Not sure who the the girl in brown is. And as far as them watching cable, I know Jessa has posted about watching HGTV shows like Fixer Upper on Netflix.

ETA: According to IG, the girl in brown is named Kristen.

I know that Fixer Upper is an HGTV show featuring conservative Christians, but that's about the extent of my knowledge... I'm guessing this was a visit to the location the show is filmed? What exactly are the silos and why would people want to tour them? I'm kind of confused, because to me, in my ignorance, it looks like they drove hours and hours to another state to hang out in an abandoned industrial area.

26 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I know that Fixer Upper is an HGTV show featuring conservative Christians, but that's about the extent of my knowledge... I'm guessing this was a visit to the location the show is filmed? What exactly are the silos and why would people want to tour them? I'm kind of confused, because to me, in my ignorance, it looks like they drove hours and hours to another state to hang out in an abandoned industrial area.

Oh, yeah, it's a big deal. Basically, Chip and Joanna Gaines, the hosts of Fixer Upper, have created a tourist attraction in Waco with a bakery, home goods shop, etc. I live nowhere near Texas, but I still have friends posting on FB about going there. There's an excellent Texas Monthly profile at http://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/how-chip-and-joanna-gaines-renovated-waco/

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:59 PM, marmalade said:

More Spurgeon cuteness as Ben wishes Izzy a happy birthday. 

I'm happy to see that Ben seems enamored with the little guy. 

9 hours ago, Pasta said:

Y'all are making my future kids going to be home school

Schools are getting better everywhere since Finland education has become the model. 

The only thing I know about Waco is that's where the Branch Davidians and David Koresh had that shootout with police, right? And now another cult is visiting the area :pb_neutral:

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

ETA: According to IG, the girl in brown is named Kristen.

I assume that it was Kristen Young, the Tacos4Life woman. I think she rode with Sierra to Waco  (or "jerusalem on the Brazos" as some of my Baptist cousins who were forced to attend Baylor like to call it! : )).  Kristen and her husband and baby seem to have moved from NWA ARK to some other part of the state (I am guessing to open another Tacos4Life franchise).  Do we think that TLC filmed this wackyfundyladiesweekend?

2 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I assume that it was Kristen Young, the Tacos4Life woman. I think she rode with Sierra to Waco  (or "jerusalem on the Brazos" as some of my Baptist cousins who were forced to attend Baylor like to call it! : )).  Kristen and her husband and baby seem to have moved from NWA ARK to some other part of the state (I am guessing to open another Tacos4Life franchise).  Do we think that TLC filmed this wackyfundyladiesweekend?

You are correct, it's Kristen Young. If I had to guess, I would say yes, the trip was most likely filmed. I wonder if they actually met the Gaineses though, there aren't any pictures with them. Would the Gaineses be featured on Counting On?

10 hours ago, Pasta said:

Y'all are making my future kids going to be home school

Likely your kids are going to have a bad teacher, hopefully the good ones will outweigh it! :)  I think too that more teachers are going into it for the right reasons. I hope anyway, I know some amazing teachers. 

6 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

You are correct, it's Kristen Young. If I had to guess, I would say yes, the trip was most likely filmed. I wonder if they actually met the Gaineses though, there aren't any pictures with them. Would the Gaineses be featured on Counting On?

I doubt the Gaineses will be featured, simply because TLC and HGTV would be competing networks. If anything, I'd say the Duggar girls + Sierra wanted to go visit Kristen and see Magnolia etc. and TLC decided to film their trip to see their 'sweet friend' Kristen and manufacture some fake storylines to go with it, completely omitting any mention of the Gainseses or Waco.

20 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

correct - you can't go anywhere without the tacos for life lady.  But at first I thought it was Mazie and her mother. 

I think it was completely filmed.  You can't have anna be questioned 

This might be a touch more believable and interesting to watch than the other road trip 

they have to stretch our "their friends circle" 

17 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

younger version of that old pastor guy that Michelle had the omg's for on the original show 

would make the Gaines viewers watch Counting on 

9 minutes ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

I doubt the Gaineses will be featured, simply because TLC and HGTV would be competing networks. If anything, I'd say the Duggar girls + Sierra wanted to go visit Kristen and see Magnolia etc. and TLC decided to film their trip to see their 'sweet friend' Kristen and manufacture some fake storylines to go with it, completely omitting any mention of the Gainseses or Waco.

and they need a gaggle of people because Jill is gone and Sierra needs to be paid and bam friends of Kristen and fake stuff

These pics always make me laugh because it's obvious there's a Jessa-sierra-kristin triangle friendship (we've seen plenty of pics of the three of them together before) and yet it was teenaged joy that sierra was supposed to be besties with. *eyeroll* Where's joy today?? Joy your bestie left you behind for all your other sisters! 

17 minutes ago, nst said:

*SNIP

and they need a gaggle of people because Jill is gone and Sierra needs to be paid and bam friends of Kristen and fake stuff

I wonder where Joy Joy is? Pining for Austin or at TTH watching the little since Jana had a few days off?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived