IGNORED

Seewalds 20 - Fashionably Modest and Baby Curls

choralcrusader8613

1 minute ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wonder where Joy Joy is? Pining for Austin or at TTH watching the little since Jana had a few days off?

planning for her wedding with the last remaining Duggar - HER MOTHER 

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nst said:

planning for her wedding with the last remaining Duggar - HER MOTHER 

Oh poor Joy, what did she do to deserve that? 

Also I can't help but notice jinger was able to leave Jeremy behind for the day (and sierra, her husband!) but Ben tagged along. Per usual. He's always there. 

Just now, picklepizzas said:

Also I can't help but notice jinger was able to leave Jeremy behind for the day but Ben tagged along. Per usual. He's always there. 

he has to be there - for filming - he has to get paid somehow 

I'll cut Jessa some slack, I think we all want to look decent and she only had Henry about 2 months ago. Likely her body isn't what she wants it to be, so she covers up. I do the exact same thing. 

Are her beliefs shitty? Mmmhmm. Is she human? I believe so. I'll cut her some slack on this one. 

Maybe Ben came along because he's helping Jessa care for their two babies? Whereas Jinger doesn't have any babies to care for, and her husband runs a church and it's currently Easter week so he's probably fairly swamped? Just an idea.

I don't think Chip and Joanna would ever want to be involved with them. They have created a huge brand - started with a TV show, now under the name Magnolia (which is the name of their farm) they have the bakery, shop, and reality agencies across Texas. Last year, news broke that the Gaines' pastor was anti-gay and that he said homosexuality was a sin. A lot of people were looking to the Gaines' to comment, but they never did (except Chip said months later something about changing the conversation for 2017, which honestly isn't a direct response, IMO). I enjoy watching their show, but I can see them to be conservative Christians, and while I do not know this for sure, I believe their children are homeschooled (they always seem around and working on their farm, but I guess it is technically possible the cameras are only there on weekends, they just never mention school). 

I think the Gaines' are very strategic with their brand and image, and do not wish to alienate any viewers by discussing any of their personal views publicly. While I sincerely hope they do not have any ugly beliefs, I think I can respect the fact that they aren't trying to shove their beliefs or lifestyle down anyone's throats.

TLDR: I don't think the Gaines' would allow the Duggar name to tarnish their sparkly clean brand image.

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Maybe Ben came along because he's helping Jessa care for their two babies? Whereas Jinger doesn't have any babies to care for, and her husband runs a church and it's currently Easter week so he's probably fairly swamped? Just an idea.

He could have stayed home with one of those babies, as I'm guessing mark did with sierras five. It's probably right that he's just there for filming purposes, but it did remind me of him accompanying her to women's speaking conferences to be on stage (why.) or coming to San Antonio to decorate the apartment but mostly just studying, which again seems like something he could have done at home. 

4 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

He could have stayed home with one of those babies

Maybe Jessa wanted him there? That's a possibility as well. 

4 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

He could have stayed home with one of those babies, as I'm guessing mark did with sierras five. It's probably right that he's just there for filming purposes, but it did remind me of him accompanying her to women's speaking conferences to be on stage (why.) or coming to San Antonio to decorate the apartment but mostly just studying, which again seems like something he could have done at home. 

I wonder if Ben and Jessa have ever spent a day apart since they've gotten married. 

2 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

I wonder if Ben and Jessa have ever spent a day apart since they've gotten married. 

yes remember that filming on the "retreat" 

unless TLC snuck him to that place that they all went to. 

3 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Maybe Jessa wanted him there? That's a possibility as well. 

and why is she always front and centre whenever pictures of tacos 4 life lady and sierra are there. 

it's like she is the head cheerleader which she is in that cult but still 

4 minutes ago, nst said:

and why is she always front and centre whenever pictures of tacos 4 life lady and sierra are there. 

it's like she is the head cheerleader which she is in that cult but still 

Because she's the tv star. Sierra and the Tacos 4 Life lady, are just supporting characters ;) 

44 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I don't think Chip and Joanna would ever want to be involved with them. They have created a huge brand - started with a TV show, now under the name Magnolia (which is the name of their farm) they have the bakery, shop, and reality agencies across Texas. Last year, news broke that the Gaines' pastor was anti-gay and that he said homosexuality was a sin. A lot of people were looking to the Gaines' to comment, but they never did (except Chip said months later something about changing the conversation for 2017, which honestly isn't a direct response, IMO). I enjoy watching their show, but I can see them to be conservative Christians, and while I do not know this for sure, I believe their children are homeschooled (they always seem around and working on their farm, but I guess it is technically possible the cameras are only there on weekends, they just never mention school). 

I think the Gaines' are very strategic with their brand and image, and do not wish to alienate any viewers by discussing any of their personal views publicly. While I sincerely hope they do not have any ugly beliefs, I think I can respect the fact that they aren't trying to shove their beliefs or lifestyle down anyone's throats.

TLDR: I don't think the Gaines' would allow the Duggar name to tarnish their sparkly clean brand image.

Magnolia was before the show. The magnolia store, magnolia realty, and magnolia homes all existed before HGTV, the only new things are the Silos, the BNB, and now they're working on a diner. The Gaines have been well known in Waco long before the show. 

Also, they have similar disgusting BS anti-choice, anti-equal rights beliefs as the Duggars, they just clean it up better. I believe they are southern baptists of some sort, which is a similar ballpark as Jeremy. So I'm sure they'd embrace the Duggars with open arms off camera. 

Their kids go to a private Christian school. 

ETA: its an evangelical church. http://antiochcc.com/sundays-interview-chip-joanna-gaines/

also, their pastor has said he believes in conversion therapy. 

45 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

He could have stayed home with one of those babies, as I'm guessing mark did with sierras five. 

Jessa has a two-month old baby. Honestly, it is probably much, much easier for her to have him with to take care of both kids. I am not going to piss on either of them for this. To all appearances, Ben seems to be an involved father and a supportive husband. There is a lot to snark on, beliefs-wise. But a conservative, Christian, white man being around to help his wife with the kids doesn't seem to be snark-worthy. 

4 minutes ago, treehugger said:

Jessa has a two-month old baby. Honestly, it is probably much, much easier for her to have him with to take care of both kids. I am not going to piss on either of them for this. To all appearances, Ben seems to be an involved father and a supportive husband. There is a lot to snark on, beliefs-wise. But a conservative, Christian, white man being around to help his wife with the kids doesn't seem to be snark-worthy. 

I agree. Aside from the disgusting beliefs and immaturity, Ben and Jessa actually seem like a pretty awesome parenting team. Perhaps they wanted to experience this as a family and planned the trip that way? Can't snark on that. 

Right?!? We bemoan the patriarchy and wring our hands over these asshole fundie patriarchs who keep their wives barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen with a pile of children, while expecting to be served hand and foot and not lifting a finger to do "woman's work". And then Ben comes along, and sure, he is immature and spouts off some pretty horrible views on social media, but he seems to genuinely be around to take care of the kids and cook, and frankly, from the outside they appear to have a more egalitarian marriage than so many in fundie-land. And suddenly he is smothering Jessa and his being around to help is a problem or some weird shit like that. I mean, they literally cannot do anything right. 

41 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

Magnolia was before the show. The magnolia store, magnolia realty, and magnolia homes all existed before HGTV, the only new things are the Silos, the BNB, and now they're working on a diner. The Gaines have been well known in Waco long before the show. 

Also, they have similar disgusting BS anti-choice, anti-equal rights beliefs as the Duggars, they just clean it up better. I believe they are southern baptists of some sort, which is a similar ballpark as Jeremy. So I'm sure they'd embrace the Duggars with open arms off camera. 

Their kids go to a private Christian school. 

ETA: its an evangelical church. http://antiochcc.com/sundays-interview-chip-joanna-gaines/

also, their pastor has said he believes in conversion therapy. 

Yes, Magnolia has been around since before HGTV. I've never been and refuse to go, but from the couple snippets of Fixer Upper I've seen, it seems the Silos/store/etc are exactly like the thrifty home-design shops we always see Jana in when she takes charge of any duggar remodeling project on the show, so I'm sure the other sisters have similar shopping modes. 

The Gaines go to the Antioch mega-church in town, which basically in Waco covers every demographic except the homeless, it seems. not that it's the ONLY church (at some point i recall being told that Waco has the highest # of churches per square mile in the state of TX, and it wouldn't surprise me lol), but Antioch is *that* church, and they are VERY evangelical (not door-to-door, but as I Baylor student I was definitely stopped by antiochers for the "have you heard about our savior jesus christ" spiel *eyeroll*). they're the church that has a bad rap amongst anyone that doesn't go there haha, and yeah I think they're independent baptist. exactly the type of people the duggars would LOVE. 

21 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

How far is magnolia farms from Jinger's home base? 

a longgggg way haha. TX is a big state, Laredo is basically on the border, and Waco is smack dab in the middle. google maps tells me 5+ hours drive.

3 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Also I can't help but notice jinger was able to leave Jeremy behind for the day (and sierra, her husband!) but Ben tagged along. Per usual. He's always there. 

Jeremy was there.

Henry looks like he's sneezing in the picture above. And Jeremy looks like a doofus with his hat on backwards. :P 

They have horrible beliefs but it must be nice to just drop everything to go check out Waco, Texas.  I have to save money and take vacation time to go somewhere.  I need a sugar daddy or my own reality show... hmm mine would be more like fat fabulous instead of co.

25 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Henry looks like he's sneezing in the picture above. And Jeremy looks like a doofus with his hat on backwards. :P 

Wonder if Jeremy started to wear it to show Ben how stupid he looked.  I've noticed since Jeremy started Ben has stopped. I'm wondering if there isn't some Sibling/In-law Rivalry. 

So the Magnolia Farms attraction is stores and a bakery? I feel like I'm not getting something if that has become such a massive tourist attraction.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived