IGNORED

Seewalds 20 - Fashionably Modest and Baby Curls

choralcrusader8613

58 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Jeremy was there.

Looks like all the women except Jessa are the exact same height.  Is that the official fundie pure and perfect wife height?

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late to the thread drift, please feel free to ignore

I, too, had some utterly horrible experiences in middle school. In 5th grade I had the same teacher I'd had in 1st grade, and for some reason she HATED me. In 1st grade she didn't seem to like me because I already knew how to read so all the assignments she gave for language arts (5-6 worksheets a day to be done in like an hour before lunch) would take me, at most, 15-20 minutes. In 5th grade? She started giving me Fs in some BS new thing we were graded on: "Task Management" because again the work was too easy for me and I'd do my homework in class after whatever class assignment she'd give. Finish reading the assigned reading in 20 minutes becase it's 3+ grades below your reading level? A for the assignment, F for task management because you then pulled out your own book to read. 

Because of that teacher, I started trying to slow down on my work but even THEN shit took me, at most, half the time it took everyone else. So I still got Fs in task management even when I was pulling As in every subject. So I stopped trying and let the other grades all drop, too, because my parents were super strict and I was grounded for pretty much the entire year just for the one F I couldn't change. I figured I might as well be grounded for something I DID have control over. My parents didn't get it until my grades picked back up in high school because things were actually interesting to me and I didn't have to deal with bullcrap things like "task management" being graded. Who grades a 10 year old on their ability to budget their free time in class?

rant over, I just saw the thread drift a few pages back and had to add. I HATED Mrs. Alden then and I would spit on her now if I saw her.

35 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Wonder if Jeremy started to wear it to show Ben how stupid he looked.  I've noticed since Jeremy started Ben has stopped. I'm wondering if there isn't some Sibling/In-law Rivalry. 

Haha maybe. It seemed to be Ben's thing. 

3 hours ago, treehugger said:

. I mean, they literally cannot do anything right. 

actually no they can't :D 

his hair is too long and hers is too short 

53 minutes ago, trustworthy said:

Looks like all the women except Jessa are the exact same height.  Is that the official fundie pure and perfect wife height?

Time to start putting bricks on your head Jess, you're above fundie regulation height!

To be fair, Sierra is probably a bit taller than that picture makes her out to be. She's doing that weird slouchy awkward-head-tilt pose that she loves. If she stood up straight she'd probably look taller.

5 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I wonder if Ben and Jessa have ever spent a day apart since they've gotten married. 

The more important question is have they been apart for more than 25 hours?

1 minute ago, Ali said:

The more important question is have they been apart for more than 25 hours?

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rollingyellow: 

Are they like David and Priscilla? 

2 hours ago, trustworthy said:

A couple of them look like they are bending their knees a bit. 

What if a fundie wife is taller than her hub? Does he stand on a box ala Charles and Diana? Or does the height difference make Daddy decide on a different guy?

My family is super short so I would be the perfect height for adoring stares up at my husband *eyeroll*

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wonder where Joy Joy is? Pining for Austin or at TTH watching the little since Jana had a few days off?

Jana better take her days off while she still has a substitute sister-mom at home!

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

A couple of them look like they are bending their knees a bit. 

What if a fundie wife is taller than her hub? Does he stand on a box ala Charles and Diana? Or does the height difference make Daddy decide on a different guy?

My family is super short so I would be the perfect height for adoring stares up at my husband *eyeroll*

Wait, was this a real thing?  Did he really stand on a box.... off to google now.

3 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

So the Magnolia Farms attraction is stores and a bakery? I feel like I'm not getting something if that has become such a massive tourist attraction.

oh, no one around Waco gets it either. I feel like Fixer Upper and the Magnolia image is that Waco is a quaint little off-the-map town full of kitchy hole-in-the-wall type places (greatttt for tourism!), when it's not. it's at best a mid-sized college town, with yes lots of awesome old businesses and traditions (as college towns go), but most anything made famous around the Magnolia brand has been implanted there, and is surrounded by a a significant population of low-income locals that couldn't dream of the budget the Fixer Upper houses have. 

I've never gotten the hate for the sideways/backwards cap. It's just a style. As are large caps like the OBEY line or 'Ain't no wifey' hats. It's urban fashion. They're young guys influenced by said fashion culture. 

I'm just glad Jeremy has a beard again. He looked like Rob Kardashian pre Blac Chyna without it.

And now for something completely different:

A poster over at PTV works for a university booking speaking engagements. Out of curiousity, she contacted the person listed on Jessa's IG for such gigs. She was informed that Mrs. Seewald's asking price is $15k PLUS transportation. The poster, although she said the school has the money, politely declined her sevices. Is Ben getting that much to be a bit player on the same stage with Voddie and Scottie? Doubt it. 

I wonder if that rinky dink church in Ohio is paying her asking price to talk about being fashionably modest? They don't look like they have two dimes to rub together. But they ARE charging $25/per admission at the door...IF the event is still a go after the negative blowback they got...

8 minutes ago, marmalade said:

And now for something completely different:

A poster over at PTV works for a university booking speaking engagements. Out of curiousity, she contacted the person listed on Jessa's IG for such gigs. She was informed that Mrs. Seewald's asking price is $15k PLUS transpostation.

That is a lot of money. Whoa :o 

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I wonder where Joy Joy is? Pining for Austin or at TTH watching the little since Jana had a few days off?

Neglecting the littles (like every other adult in the family) while pining for Austin.

What is it with fundie women suddenly losing object permanence/constancy once they land a man?

1 hour ago, Incognito22 said:

Wait, was this a real thing?  Did he really stand on a box.... off to google now.

Well apparently they were about the same height, but they were frequently photographed with him taller, either standing on stairs or maybe a box.

I wonder if the 'plus transportation' bit includes Ben's transport costs too? Oh wait, they have 15K, they can bring along the whole family with that. Crazy money, crazy people/organisations actually saying ok to that price. 

I remember there was a bit of outrage a few months, when a local Autism fundraiser wanted a celeb face to MC the event , and her fee was something like 10K. People were going mad that anyone would have the check to demand that much. I couldn't get over why the charity didn't say 'Eh, no, I don't think so, goodbye you greedy mare'. I tried to do the maths to work it out (ticket prices, raffle price, number of tickets for sale) but I suck at maths so I gave up, but no way did the money that would be raised come anywhere near the amount they were handing over to this non-celebrity. That money would have been way better served going to fund the charity needs and going directly to the kids. I know Jessa is not doing a charity gig, but even for speaking engagement that is crazy money. And for a Duggar too! Just crazy!

Thankfully, the person who posted Jessa's fee mentioned that a very well-known DJ was requested at an event. His asking price was $12k. They ended up paying him 5. So, these things can be negotitated if you know what you're doing. 

That said, Jessa is probably getting full price at Fashionably Modest with travel costs covering Ben and her kids as well. I doubt these church folks know that much about bargaining with celebrity agents. 

eta: The poster added that she told the agent that the event was free in hopes that he'd drop Jessa's fee. Nope. Not happening. I have no words...

Most speakers charge a lot more than 15K. I'm actually surprised it's so low. There are people listed on the bureau I use who don't have as much name recognition (but have actual degrees and interesting things to talk about) who charge three times as much and more. 

3 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Well apparently they were about the same height, but they were frequently photographed with him taller, either standing on stairs or maybe a box.

A big thing was made of that recently because in the photo call/press event they did when their engagement was announced, he was standing on a step above her for photos. And in their official engagement photo, she is leaning in to his shoulder making him look quite a bit taller.  If you do a google image search, you see other photos where he appears taller, but they are where she is leaning against something and he is standing straight or something of that nature. Not sure they were all intentional. In photos where they are side by side, it looks as if he is just a bit taller than her. But we don't know if she is wearing heels in those or not. In photos where you can see her shoes, it appears she was not a fan of super high heels--mostly wearing maybe two inch heels. If that was typical for her, it would seem they were not the same height, but that Charles was a few inches taller than her. 

I found no photo evidence that ever appears as if he stood on anything like a box to appear taller. 

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

That is a lot of money. Whoa :o 

that makes me just ill. She makes $15k for a few words about her hemlines. 2 hours tops 

oh to be a reality b tv star 

I wouldn't pay any Duggar 15k to appear at an event unless they were going to tell the truth about their lives in the cult, and still I'd make them do filmed private interviews in advance that I could bring up to move the conversation along if they got shy once they were on stage.

The backwards cap is a stupid fad that is slowly running its course and will hopefully go the way of the mullet and disco.  (And now I'm going to show my age by admitting that there were some men who really looked good in a mullet and I like a lot of disco music.)

I don't think I'll ever get the idea of skin tight maternity tops, though.

Best day ever! Do you think Sierra knows what good cupcakes look like now? Or even decent cupcakes? :P

This thread is giving me life right now. You posters are the best , I feel like I could hang out in a bar with most of you and die of laughter. Right there. If no one has told you in awhile im here to say You all are fucking awesome!  

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived