IGNORED

Seewalds 20 - Fashionably Modest and Baby Curls

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, sansan said:

There is something about having a second child where you do less, not on purpose but it just happens. I had two of the cutest damn kids but #2 suffered a tad bit. She was talking like an adult at two years old when he came along and we talked constantly and he laid there and listened mostly. Less time, less pictures. We all caught up with each other but I still ponder it at times. She is still a talker and he is quieter but he is so frigging funny if you stop to listen to him. They are both grown adults with 3 kids each now. I decided that if we had had a third I probably would have forgotten it was there or remembered its name. God, can you imagine 19 with that kind of raising? I hope I'm not a piece of crap where no one else did the same thing........

For what it's worth, my parents say they did the same thing with me and my younger brother, who was born when I was 2, but I'm the quiet one and he's always been more talkative. I'm sure that's just their individual personalities!

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Is that first comment a MICHELLE DUGGAR ROLE PLAY ACCOUNT!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Excuse me. I just lost my lunch :puke-front:

It was posted by a Michelle Duggar role play account, too. There's even an discussion about Duggar role play on one of the other threads, but with Jana Duggar. I'm particularly skeeved that someone's taken to incorporating Spurgeon...

Jessa has turned her instagram into her son's instagram (spurgeon) and that says all of them.

Ben has gone from being the husband of jessa to being the father of spurgeon and that is all that ben can offer.

It does not look like ben will be the head of the family for the next few years.

11 hours ago, sansan said:

There is something about having a second child where you do less, not on purpose but it just happens. I had two of the cutest damn kids but #2 suffered a tad bit. She was talking like an adult at two years old when he came along and we talked constantly and he laid there and listened mostly. Less time, less pictures. We all caught up with each other but I still ponder it at times. She is still a talker and he is quieter but he is so frigging funny if you stop to listen to him. They are both grown adults with 3 kids each now. I decided that if we had had a third I probably would have forgotten it was there or remembered its name. God, can you imagine 19 with that kind of raising? I hope I'm not a piece of crap where no one else did the same thing........

Imnthe younger kid and was totally a side note picture wise. Now I have two kids and I struggle to get enough photos of my younger child. 

3 hours ago, apiscue said:

Jessa has turned her instagram into her son's instagram (spurgeon) and that says all of them.

Ben has gone from being the husband of jessa to being the father of spurgeon and that is all that ben can offer.

It does not look like ben will be the head of the family for the next few years.

Jessa is the head of that family.  Jessa knows her brand and her brand is the children.  She is in only one picture in Henry's newest photos.

Although it speaks volumes that Ben in the new video wishing Israel a happy birthday without his hat or glasses on knows he is a male model to be. 

Well, I do think Spurgeon is really cute. He has a very unfortunate name (why couldn't they switch the two first names?) but he is adorable and in the video, he is acting like a normal child, as far as I can say that (not having children myself). And yeah, I think everyone is pretty clear on the fact that Jessa got the pants on in the family. Literally, not actually, obviously, but I do think she and Ben are actually a good match. He may be a bit of a dimwit, but they care about each other and I also think they both are good parents. 

I do not see that with Jill and Dimwit Dillard at all, and I feel like she is not really that happy anymore either. Unlucky for her, it's not like she has a say in what happens with her life.

Lets hope for Spurgeon and Henry that J & B don't continue to pop them out (also for the rest of the world), so that those two kiddos actually get the attention they should have growing up, because I would hate for Spurgy to be Josh 2.0

I did see a girl looking so much like Jessa the other day, I was a bit baffled. It wasn't her of course, but still. My main tippof was the pants the girl was wearing. :D

At work, one of the staff wants to have 'a guess who the baby is? ' competition and has asked people to bring a photo of themselves under the age of 2 years.

I had to confess that as number 4, I have no baby photos.

6 minutes ago, Percy said:

At work, one of the staff wants to have 'a guess who the baby is? ' competition and has asked people to bring a photo of themselves under the age of 2 years.

I had to confess that as number 4, I have no baby photos.

I hear you. #4 here too and no baby pics.

49 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Is it me or does HWS really look like Smuggar in that first pic?

Thank you for saying this. I wanted to say the same thing after seeing a pic of him several pages back (the one where he looks like he's standing), but I didn't want to insult the poor little guy. And I may have been slightly afraid of being piled on here by disgruntled FJers.

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

Is it me or does HWS really look like Smuggar in that first pic?

He does, a little. I think Spurgeon looked a little like Josh too at that age, but maybe less so than Henry. But Spurgeon has been getting cuter. To me, as a newborn he resembled the Duggars a lot, but now seems to have grown his looks. Perhaps Henry will be the same way as long as we give him some time.

2 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

I hear you. #4 here too and no baby pics.

Number 4 as well and few baby pics.  I can remember exactly one when I was a tiny baby and one when I was a toddler or approaching toddlerhood.  I was sitting on a stool with my brothers and sister beside me and I looked almost exactly like one of my granddaughters.  

I'm number two, but the first roll of film developed after I was born (I found the intact negatives) had mum holding me, with my two year old brother next to her.  The remaining 22 photos were all of my brother!!!!  Who does that?  Admittedly he was very cute and I allegedly screamed for my first three months (including in those two photos), but seriously, only 2 of 24 photos of the newborn?  The first photo of me alone is not until I'm 4 months old at my christening.  

Baby number five and the second girl. Absolutely no photos. 

Had to use a picture of my brother as a baby for graduation pics 

As the first born, I can confirm that my parents meticulously documented my life until I reached school age. There's dozens of VHS tapes of me as a baby doing mostly nothing. There's riveting, uninterrupted footage of me in my baby swing, me asleep in my crib, me as a toddler transfixed at the TV watching Barney...

Also, my mom still has my umbilical cord taped in my baby book as well as every baby tooth I've ever lost. Is that gross?

First born, there are tons of pictures of me doing everything. Admittedly, they took just as many pictures with my brother. 

I don't have children but I have two cats, it seems to be that I have a preference for my first. So...cat parents are just like very other parents! :P 

On 4/6/2017 at 10:15 AM, FeministShrew said:

I was always the kid with a book in her hand. When we visited people ( and we went to a lot of different houses for parties or deliveries because my mom sold make-up), if they had any books in the room I was all over them. I would be sitting in the corner reading while they talked make-up.
I read a whole lot of age-inappropriate books because no one bothered to tell me "Don't read that." I started Flowers in the Attic that way, then got my mom to buy it for me so I could finish. I was 10 or 11? Needless to say I was traumatized, lol, but I still love that damn book.

I read the first three books in the Flowers In the Attic series when I was twelve, and then My Sweet Audrina came out about a year later. I bought the books with my own money, so my parents really didn't pay much attention to what I was reading. A few years ago, my mom remarked that she thought those were children's books because they had kids on the covers.

But I read The World According To Garp in the seventh grade because someone gave me the book as a Christmas present. Whoever it was must have seen Robin Williams on the cover (this was around the same time the movie version came out) and had no idea that one of the characters is a rape victim who'd had her tongue cut out and that she had a group of crazy sympathizers who deliberately had their tongues cut out. Uh yeah, totally appropriate reading material for a 13-year-old!

My mom is an amature photographer and we all spend our life in front of a camera so my perception is probably skewed but even at 25 she takes regular pictures of me lol 

I started reading at three - my first library book was 'Thomas the Tank Engine'. Loved Enid Blyton's Famous Five and 'of Adventure' series, hated The Secret Seven. Loved just William. Loved Kipling - Stalky and Co, Puck of Pook's Hill - and read all of the Scarlet Pimpernel books by Baroness Orczy. But my favourites, pre 10, were the Lone Pine, and the Rye series by Malcolm Saville - does anyone else remember them?

Read Katy, and all of the Little Women series  - the US background was exotic! Loved that they were historical too, as I loved anything historic - Rosemary Sutcliffe, Norah Lofts, Jean Plaidy. I haunted the library - twice being accidentally locked in over the lunchtime closure! - and was allowed to borrow from the adult section from when I was 10, with the librarian vetting my choices. If (when) I played truant, it was to go to the library...

I now have several thousand books in my house, and have just about run out of room. So thank heavens for Kindle!

(Note to self:must reread Katy.)

Third (and last!) born here. There are definitely more pictues of my oldest brother than my other one and me, but my mom also frequently took us to JCPenney's to get photoshoots done, so there are a few pictures of me around christmas time and my birthdays (there's an adorable one of me holding Goodnight Moon while sitting on a block that says "I'm 2!"). 

My grandmother is the one who really took a ton of photos  she has a photo album for all 7 of her grandkids, and has been giving them to us as we graduate from high school. 

Actually, my parents took tons of photos of me when I was in the NICU. My favorite is of my grandfather just staring at me inside the incubator or whatever its called. 

I'd say there are a pretty equal number of photos of my older brother and me. But I'm guessing that the nearly six year age gap between us makes a difference. Easier to grab a camera when you aren't wrangling a toddler. 

We have friends who diligently took a picture of their first child every single day and made an album of 365 photos to commemorate her first year. Second baby three years later? First year album has about ten photos of her alone and five or six with her sister. 

They were over the top obsessive with the first one. We were standing in their house once when she was about 8 months old listening to them debate which clothing to put on her so we could all go out to eat. I was damn close to grabbing the baby and dressing her myself while they had their long discussion. Second baby? We were leaving once and mom noticed she was still in a sleeper and decided it didn't matter. 

I had said as soon as we found out number two was on the way that they would either calm down about everything or end up locked away because they drove themselves completely mad. Fortunately for everyone, it ended up being the former. 

My absolute favourite childhood books have not been mentioned: the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman. I have read and re-read them as an adult too, I would recommend them to anyone. I also loved Harry Potter, Artemis Fowl, lots of P. G. Wodehouse stuff, Jeeves etc, Michelle Magorian's Goodnight Mr Tom and Back Home, The Magic Pudding, Harriet the spy, Just William, Treasure Island, Narnia...

We had audiobook versions of Redwall books with Brian Jacques narrating them, he did an amazing job and his accent is fantastic.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived