IGNORED

Seewalds 20 - Fashionably Modest and Baby Curls

choralcrusader8613

were any of you delayed readers? I was able to read basic picture books but once I started chapter books it took me a while to get it and I think that really foster my love for reading since I was trying to get over that hump.'

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@candygirl200413 YES I was... I'm dyslexic and hid the fact I couldn't read til the beginning of 3rd grade.  I loved books though because can memorize like a beast lol and I had 100s of books memorized many word for word and every page turn.  Once they helped me though I flew through books and my first independently read book was the old English version of the secret garden. People were shocked I read it by myself at the end of third grade. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Errr, I read Flowers in the Attic at 12. Very inappropriate. VC Andrews will always be a guilty pleasure. Just because the books are so weird. 

My mom was not a reader (not really much of a mother, either), so she didn't bother to monitor my reading. I discovered historical fiction bodice rippers and Harlequin Romance about the same time I read Flowers. My ideas about sex and relationships were so messed up until far into adulthood. 

17 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

@singsingsing you forgot to mention that Derrick's hair was too long and needed to be cut, just not by Jill.

And that to prep for the wedding Joy was forced to lose weight/wanted to lose weight/looks exactly the same as always. :roll:

Speaking of books, I'm happy to see that Alyssa Bates Webster is reading secular books to her kids. That is Dr. Seuss's "Hop on Pop" on the bleacher next to her: 

3 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

I'm starting to notice Spurge is still jessas main focus at least in Instagram. So I guess she's not pulling a michelle and moving on to the littlest one. I think jessa might more into whoever she thinks is the cutest most Instagram follower worthy.

I think she may just be perceptive to the fact that photos of Spurgeon get her more likes and she assumes that's what they want to see. Especially if she's earning any sort of income from her account. Sponsors want to see how many likes you're getting and Spurg gets the most. 

Jessa probably is just giving her followers what they want. Which, apparently, is more  Spurgeon.  She is just doing what her family does.....making money off of her kids.  Very Duggar-like.  Ugh!!!

1 hour ago, front hugs > duggs said:

@singsingsing you forgot to mention that Derrick's hair was too long and needed to be cut, just not by Jill.

And lets not forget Michelle's hair that's stuck in the 80's.  Umm, actually I may agree with that one.:pb_lol:

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

were any of you delayed readers? I was able to read basic picture books but once I started chapter books it took me a while to get it and I think that really foster my love for reading since I was trying to get over that hump.'

That's me. I emigrated from the Ukraine where schools began at 7. Would have been going into first grade. When we got here I went to 2nd grade, had to learn English first. Learned to read around 8 and became a voracious reader. Love reading til this day.

17 minutes ago, ginger135 said:

Apparently Jessa posted another picture of Spurgeon on her instastory. He could be a graham cracker model! 

Screenshot 2017-04-06 at 1.25.25 PM.png

Is that first comment a MICHELLE DUGGAR ROLE PLAY ACCOUNT!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Excuse me. I just lost my lunch :puke-front:

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

That's me. I emigrated from the Ukraine where schools began at 7. Would have been going into first grade. When we got here I went to 2nd grade, had to learn English first. Learned to read around 8 and became a voracious reader. Love reading til this day.

Me too! Spoke only Russian when I started school here at 6. It took a while for me to read fluently in English. I only became an avid reader in junior high school. Even tho English is now sorta my first full language, it took a long ass time to get to this point. Dunno how to read or write in Russian. I tried but gave up. 

7 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Yep and there's a Jessa role play account that's the third comment. People be crazy! :cray-cray:

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Yep and there's a Jessa role play account that's the third comment. People be crazy! :cray-cray:

I mean, I can understand how young, impressionable girls would want to be Jessa. She's beautiful and unfortunately likely a role model for leghumpers. But why would a young girl (I'm assuming a middle age woman wouldn't instagram role play, but I could be wrong I guess) want to be MICHELLE!?!?!?!?!? Sorry for all the exclamations. I'm truly baffled.

16 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Guess I'm eating NOPE! for lunch today. Ick.

6 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I mean, I can understand how young, impressionable girls would want to be Jessa. She's beautiful and unfortunately likely a role model for leghumpers. But why would a young girl (I'm assuming a middle age woman wouldn't instagram role play, but I could be wrong I guess) want to be MICHELLE!?!?!?!?!? Sorry for all the exclamations. I'm truly baffled.

Because they're batshit crazy is the only explanation, I have. 

11 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Because they're batshit crazy is the only explanation, I have. 

and now Spurgeon looks at Ben like that 

On April 1, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Maggie Mae said:

Trixie Beldon was VASTLY superior  to Nancy Drew, All in the Family, My Side of the Mountain, The Farthest Away Mountain, Escape from Witch Mountain, A Wrinkle in Time, VC Andrews, Stephen King, pretty much everything. Indian in the Cupboard, Island of the Blue Dolphins, The Fairy Rebel, etc. Oh and all the American Girl historical stuff! Like Kristen's trip across the US where her friend dies of cholera and end up walking to Minnesota; or when Samantha finds out that a friend of a friend was scalped in a sweatshop. 

I'm totally Team Trixie. I could never get into Nancy Drew.  

3 hours ago, freshlemonade said:

I'm totally Team Trixie. I could never get into Nancy Drew.  

Nancy Drew is an odd character. She's not in school, married, employed, parenting, housekeeping, or otherwise doing anything whatsoever with her life. She's just hanging around until she can drive her convertible to the next suspicious incident.

On 3/29/2017 at 6:53 PM, eleanora3 said:

He is adorable! But remember - she was posting a ton of videos and pictures of him even when he was at the "not doing anything really interesting stage." 

There is something about having a second child where you do less, not on purpose but it just happens. I had two of the cutest damn kids but #2 suffered a tad bit. She was talking like an adult at two years old when he came along and we talked constantly and he laid there and listened mostly. Less time, less pictures. We all caught up with each other but I still ponder it at times. She is still a talker and he is quieter but he is so frigging funny if you stop to listen to him. They are both grown adults with 3 kids each now. I decided that if we had had a third I probably would have forgotten it was there or remembered its name. God, can you imagine 19 with that kind of raising? I hope I'm not a piece of crap where no one else did the same thing........

54 minutes ago, sansan said:

There is something about having a second child where you do less, not on purpose but it just happens. I had two of the cutest damn kids but #2 suffered a tad bit. She was talking like an adult at two years old when he came along and we talked constantly and he laid there and listened mostly. Less time, less pictures. We all caught up with each other but I still ponder it at times. She is still a talker and he is quieter but he is so frigging funny if you stop to listen to him. They are both grown adults with 3 kids each now. I decided that if we had had a third I probably would have forgotten it was there or remembered its name. God, can you imagine 19 with that kind of raising? I hope I'm not a piece of crap where no one else did the same thing........

It's totally a thing. My parents have two giant family photo albums. I'm the oldest. The first one is almost entirely pictures of me, my brother shows up towards the end. The second album is a good mix of all three of us. You're not alone!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived