IGNORED

Where In The World Is Doug Philips (Who Is A Tool)?? (Part 4)

Destiny

This morning I woke up to the sound of the "Gaston!" song in my head, from Beauty and the Beast. And you know, in a weird way it seems to fit DPIAT and his interns quite well. Except, of course, the physical disparity. DPIAT may imagine himself "heroic" and brawny and bigger than life, but all the posturing in the world doesn't make it so.

Perhaps in turning over his new leaf, he's trying to become Joel Grey instead? Epic fail, in that case. 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the Good Ole Times' sake, I'd like to ask DW Cinematographer to take the manliest, widest stance he so well does. Then I'd aim my heathen working woman's steel toe workshoe to the middle of the said stance. There's some European ball kicking to him, inspired by the great French and Belgian footballers.

4 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Why would a grown ass man continue to go by Little Bear, wtf? 

Because he didn't want the name "Inflated Dick?"

I could think of many a name for such fellows, like "Pompous Ass,"  "Bloviating Boor,"  "Prancing Fool,"  etc. etc.

Perchance a FJer  could fix the shot of Little Bear so that the pic was indeed a bear in TUdorish costume? 

2 hours ago, refugee said:

Perhaps in turning over his new leaf, he's trying to become Joel Grey instead? Epic fail, in that case. 

Just think of all the whole damn trees DPIAT could knock over in assuming new characters??

5 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

So he's pretending to be a Native American when in actuality he isn't?

Hard to say. I scrolled thru his FB (so many photos of himself and Mrs LB! Such a beautiful home in TX *AND* a cabin in CO!!!) til I got to this abbreviated history:

https://www.facebook.com/richardlittlebearwheeler/posts/10152258003027427

The link at mantle ministries.com  confused me at first--thought I'd landed on a Village People tribute page!!! 

He doesn't outright claim to be Native HOWEVER he uses LB every fanged (typo and it stays) time he uses his government name. 

From my POV -- I love Native cultures and most of my friends are Native, and some time ago a couple of them gave me "an Indian name."  No ceremony, just, "heh, that's you, there's yer Indin name." It's descriptive of me but there's also a minor double-meaning to it, and that's not even a seckshual double-entendre! So much for marketability, heh.

Given how many of those friends struggle to make it, in large part because of prejudice against them, I really really have a problem with  non-Indians who co-opt Native-sounding appellations to increase their fun and profit.

Ugh, thanks for the flashback. I remember getting spoken to sternly by my mom for whispering with a friend during a presentation by Little Bear. I was eternally long (I think we went a couple nights in a row) and I was probably 10 or 11. I liked history, but all the heavily providential material with the melodramatic stories of brothers accidentally killing each oher during the Civil war because the fought on different sides annoyed me. And Mantle Ministries was our first gateway to Elsie Dinsmore and other crappy prudish public domain children's virtue stories.

55 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Doug stole a lot from Little Bear, he really did. 

Dough stole a lot from everyone he encountered.

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Hard to say. I scrolled thru his FB (so many photos of himself and Mrs LB! Such a beautiful home in TX *AND* a cabin in CO!!!) til I got to this abbreviated history:

https://www.facebook.com/richardlittlebearwheeler/posts/10152258003027427

The link at mantle ministries.com  confused me at first--thought I'd landed on a Village People tribute page!!! 

He doesn't outright claim to be Native HOWEVER he uses LB every fanged (typo and it stays) time he uses his government name. 

From my POV -- I love Native cultures and most of my friends are Native, and some time ago a couple of them gave me "an Indian name."  No ceremony, just, "heh, that's you, there's yer Indin name." It's descriptive of me but there's also a minor double-meaning to it, and that's not even a seckshual double-entendre! So much for marketability, heh.

Given how many of those friends struggle to make it, in large part because of prejudice against them, I really really have a problem with  non-Indians who co-opt Native-sounding appellations to increase their fun and profit.

So he is Rachel Dolezal except with boy parts?  Good to know.

On 3/29/2017 at 0:24 PM, nausicaa said:

Good Lord, Dougie's thirst in the FB comments is epic. I'm almost embarrassed for him. Dude, you ain't with VF wide-eyed innocents anymore, these women see through your crap. 

And can someone tell him to please stop commenting in French? I cringe every time I come across one.

Yes! Oh my gosh his fawning is so embarrassing! And these women are not going to fall all over themselves that he thinks they're special like the young women he used to deal with. Whoever in be thread that said he's like a creepy hanger on who probably calls the dancers "enchantresses" thinking they'll be charmed by that instead of weirded out is right on.

Looks like he is back in Durango hankering for some of Amber's Italian food. That flat in Belgium must have been a really short lease. Meanwhile, back in Texas...????

On 3/28/2017 at 10:48 AM, MamaJunebug said:

Did you actually transcribe this whole pile of shee-yite??? Dear @Marian the Librarian, I owe you a dinner if we're ever lucky (?) enough to meet up IRL. Talk about taking a *dozen* for the team!!!

I did, indeed, review "Return of the Daughters" in its entirety, back in 2013 - bloviating Botkin/Phillips extras and all. Here's the link to the thread:

It's quite interesting to read it over again, in light of current DPIAT/Bradrick! developments.

Thanks for the invite, MJB, and sorry for taking a few days to respond! Lots to read here, and real life keeps interfering.

6 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

Yes! Oh my gosh his fawning is so embarrassing! And these women are not going to fall all over themselves that he thinks they're special like the young women he used to deal with. Whoever in be thread that said he's like a creepy hanger on who probably calls the dancers "enchantresses" thinking they'll be charmed by that instead of weirded out is right on.

The ladies must have had themselves a good laugh over the tiny creepy American who thought he was so studly.

Would it be possible for Little Bear and Doug to engage in a street fight against each other?  These grifty types are always looking for ways to make money.  I'd watch that on pay per view.  

1 minute ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Would it be possible for Little Bear and Doug to engage in a street fight against each other?  These grifty types are always looking for ways to make money.  I'd watch that on pay per view.  

"Gentlemen.  Take your Wide Stances....."

1 minute ago, Quinquagenarian said:

"Gentlemen.  Take your Wide Stances....."

This could be a huge money maker for these douchebags.  And for once, I'd feel good about giving someone like these guys my money.  Dougie, Little Bear, if you're reading this, start planning.  

1 hour ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

So would I, on the condition that none of the profits actually go into the Tool's pockets.

Either way, Doug can't seem to get away from  grossly-caricatured, one-dimensional feminine tropes. As long as they're prettily packaged, he likes his women to harken back to a decidedly regressive era. Like DWT said upthread, you'll never catch him fetishizing the 60's/70's. He might not be outright peddling patriarchy any more but it couldn't be any more obvious that he still gets off on misogyny.

Scrubbing/Revising/Editing has begun.  No longer to be seen is DPIART Cinematographer's short film re La Dolce Vita and all the followup banter about good meals and  Amber's good Italian restaurant in Durango....

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:54 PM, hoipolloi said:

Doug seems absolutely dazzled by it all -- wonder if those young women are guffawing up their sleeves at the little twerp. 

Yes, Be-All, dump his ass stat. 

17201427_10158348799935223_2917704738315092796_n.jpg

And a day after hoipolloi's observations there is this comment/"explanation":

DW Cinematographer Please note that I am seated next to you trying not to look at this shocking public display of affection.

Like · Reply · March 29 at 3:22pm · Edited

On 3/30/2017 at 3:11 PM, MamaJunebug said:

I'm still trying to process the thought of a roadkill racoon hat...

That said, appropriating/exploiting Native american culture used to be big in Southern Gospel circles. There was the Klaudt Indian Family, "from the badlands of North Dakota" - dad was German, mom was Arikara-Mandan, and the family performed in stereotypical "Indian" costumes. There was a family from Cherokee, NC, whose name I can't remember, but the patriarch was blind. I grew up with a large group of step-and-half siblings, some of whom were part of the Catawba tribe, who sang at local & regional churches, wearing Plains costumes. They were a big deal locally.
Then there was this guy:

Spoiler

1229941_10151944366948417_637834426_n.jpg

Yes, I know him personally. He claimed to have Native american ancestry, and billed himself as Big Chief Ricky. When I went to church with him he was twice-divorced, about to be divorced by his third wife for adultery, had retired from touring and was selling used cars and occasionally performing as an Elvis impersonator at nursing homes. He's currently very elderly, on wife #4 or 5, and weighs about 300lbs.

I have a couple of DW's more shocking Imaginario Circus videos saved *just in case*. Along with a handful of screenshots. I assume others have saved various photos and comments, as well? I don't know whether or not this is something that we'll ever be able to break to VF folks, but I have a feeling that documenting this stuff is... smart.

1 hour ago, Quinquagenarian said:

And a day after hoipolloi's observations there is this comment/"explanation":

DW Cinematographer Please note that I am seated next to you trying not to look at this shocking public display of affection.

Like · Reply · March 29 at 3:22pm · Edited

Sure, Doug. Right. We know you read here and have done so for years. 

You're still an asshole and EVERYONE -- even Lady Flo -- thinks you're a tool.

:hammer::wrench::hammer::wrench::hammer::wrench:

Gay.PNG
"Adonis" = God of beauty and desire. So yeah, this acceptable, but LeFou is going to drag your kids to hell. Got it.

Move over Peter and Kelly, Doug has a new couple to fawn over....
(And side note: why is a Tomi Lahren fan group being recommended to me? Uuggghhh.)

notevenhomeschooled.PNG

38 minutes ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

I have a couple of DW's more shocking Imaginario Circus videos saved *just in case*. 

:pb_lol:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived