IGNORED

Where In The World Is Doug Philips (Who Is A Tool)?? (Part 4)

Destiny

6 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

There is no way that Doug and Beall would have posted this on the old Vision Forum page. No way. The "softening" continues. 

Oh my, yes -- and they aren't the only ones who are busily re-inventing themselves as we snark.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Howl said:

Also, I'm sure Doug's love of Ella F. has to do with his current 40s nostalgia gig. 

Sorry, I forgot to include the other reason -- Ella's uncontested awesomeness! 

14 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Golly, Doug, I guess your dad was “morally inadequate,” at least according to you in 2007-ish.

“Especially fond to me are the memories of old days when I could visit in person or listen on tape to Mr. [Otto] Scott and Dr. R.J. Rushdoony (now with the Lord) as they would wax eloquent on subjects as diverse as the moral inadequacies of jazz…”

https://racistchurches.wordpress.com/2007/06/12/rj-rushdoony/

There is no way that Doug and Beall would have posted this on the old Vision Forum page. No way. The "softening" continues. 

Abject hypocrisy

8 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

His son Mark Rushdoony goes for the "he wasn't racist, just making Christians think twice before marrying someone with a very different cultural background because that can be difficult" explanation here

Chalcedon and Mark have spent a lot of time pretending that Rushdoony wasn't an outright racist.  The Christian Reconstructionists even invented their own word for racism to make it seem a teensy bit more respectable:  Kinism. 

Not all Christian Reconstructionists are Kinists but an awful lot of them are.  The vile Kinist and Christian Reconstruction Peter Kershaw's hatred and campaigns against both Doug Phillips and Spanky Sproul seems to be rooted not in their real faults but in their not being racist enough for his taste.  DPIAT palled around with Voddie Baucham and Spanky had the temerity to adopt children of color.  Totally unacceptable to Kershaw AKA TW Eston.

Meanwhile, a Facebook search of Dougie's "DW Cinematographer" page yields the following link - a dainty morsel called "Beauty tips With Flo - Lips." 

I'm sure Beall was right there, out of camera range, making sure (to quote her recent FB Vision Forum rant) that DPIAT's cinematographic oeuvre wouldn't be "'targeted by activists, religious bigots, and ignorant and undiscerning individuals repeating malicious lies they have picked up from others.' The Internet is a large place with many dark corners to spread hatred and falsehood," don'tcha know...

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 7.06.51 AM.png

I noticed the Flo Tips video too and the fact that there seems to be a reply from DW that is missing between Flo's comments.

15 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Oh my, yes -- and they aren't the only ones who are busily re-inventing themselves as we snark.

You mean, like this?

I thought women weren't supposed to work under the umbrellas of strange men, leaving their homes unattended and their fathers/husbands to their own devices, but it's a brand new day in Vision Forum Land and suddenly everyone's liberated. 

52 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

a brand new day in Vision Forum Land and suddenly everyone's liberated. 

Even the sainted McDonalds!

I wasn't thinking of them but the same thing seems to be happening elsewhere.

Won't divulge the family's name here because, thanks to their parents' hypocrisy liberation prayerful reconsideration, minor & dependent offspring appear to be living much better lives without the toxic influence of VF & similar cults.

Would love to know, though, whether the parents' "new" friends & associates know about their past which you wouldn't guess from their current public personae.

42 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Is it just me or is Doug looking... Not well?

Screenshot_2017-04-22-17-57-36.png

Looks sunburned to me....would make sense if they are in Durango, CO. But I haven't been paying enough attention to the thread to know if that was confirmed.

He looks like Beall beat the heck out of him. All bruised looking on the head. But maybe it's my phone.

The Daddy/Daughter Dance is a thing!  https://www.facebook.com/DurangoDaddyDaughterDance/

Wouldn't you know it?  It's a "pretend we're in Paris" dance. 

The church putting it on is River Church in Durango.  It looks to be a "contemporary" style church with a band!  The denomination is Foursquare: http://www.foursquare.org/

From the Women's Ministry web page: “A Kingdom church culture requires powerful men and powerful women partnering in church leadership…”
Powerful and Free by Danny Silk

For those a little more aware of churches in general, where would this church land in the conservative-liberal church continuum?  Their statement of faith is here.  They seem just this side of fundy. 

7 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Looks sunburned to me....would make sense if they are in Durango, CO. But I haven't been paying enough attention to the thread to know if that was confirmed.

That looks like the exterior of the Durango house.  It was tracked down earlier in this thread by some cleverer people than I am.

Doug looks sunburned to me too, but also thinner and hollow-eyed.  It may be the shadows from the tree.

Well, his forehead certainly is growing, and whoever cut his hair should be congratulated for making him look uglier than usual!

I forced myself to zoom in on his face and I dont think the under-eye darkness is from shadows. 

I just hope the Foursquare people have total discernment about wolves in their midst. There was a small Foursquare church in the metro area on the Missouri side. Some thought the Danforth family of Purina, Washington University and U. S. Senate fame belonged there. They didn't.  Episcopal all the way.

I honestly didn't realize it was a denomination, thought it was just the name of that church. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

The Daddy/Daughter Dance is a thing!  https://www.facebook.com/DurangoDaddyDaughterDance/

Wouldn't you know it?  It's a "pretend we're in Paris" dance. 

The church putting it on is River Church in Durango.  It looks to be a "contemporary" style church with a band!  The denomination is Foursquare: http://www.foursquare.org/

From the Women's Ministry web page: “A Kingdom church culture requires powerful men and powerful women partnering in church leadership…”
Powerful and Free by Danny Silk

For those a little more aware of churches in general, where would this church land in the conservative-liberal church continuum?  Their statement of faith is here.  They seem just this side of fundy. 

Depending on how one defines fundy. 

They do not subscribe to the disgustingly heretical doctrine of the Eternal Submission of the Son (ESS), instead, this is very traditionally Christian:

The Eternal Godhead

We believe that God is triune: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; the Three are coexistent, coeternal, and equal in divine perfection (1 John 5:7).

ESS, on the other hand, is a teaching which nastypants like the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood use to explain their teachings of all-supreme supremacy of the husband/father/male-in-authority.  The ESS is used to hammer it into believers' heads: "Jesus submitted and still submits to God The Fsther's will into eternity and so should you submit to your men on earth, women!"

Also, Foursquare began with Aimee Seme McPherson:

An Evangelist Is Born

From the beginning of Sister Aimee's ministry in Los Angeles, she made headlines. She had traveled from the East Coast to Los Angeles in 1918—along with her mother, two young children and a secretary—at a time when women could not even vote. By the time the Nineteenth Amendment (which gave women the right to vote) passed in August 1920, she was gaining world renown as an evangelist.

Hardly the demure & submissive SAHD. Migosh not even her mother was a SAHM!

I hope & pray that the congregation is discerning when it comes to letting DW Cinematographer loose in the congregation's midst.  

Just because he shows up with his daughter from 1940's Hollywood Central Casting and looks a little sickly, doesn't mean he should be given any sort of uno served interaction with...anybody. (Just a little overreaction there, don't mind me.)

I wonder if Beall is going through some big changes herself? This is a church that believes in the equality of men and women before God and in life as well (if I'm understanding correctly); that sure doesn't sound like any version of patriarchy to me. I'm sure they could find a much more conservative church in that area.  Durango is a big ski/party/small college town but underneath that veneer, it's very conservative. 

And this: To my mind, anything that brings the members of that family out from under Patriarchy to any degree is a good thing. 

@MamaJunebug, all good points. It's so easy to forget that Doug has a history as a sexual predator of young women.  

Also, back to the church beliefs, they do not seem to be biblical literalists: 

The Holy Scriptures: We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God: true, immutable, steadfast, and unchangeable (2 Timothy 3:16, 17).

And this: 

Moderation

We believe a Christians’ moderation should be obvious to others and that relationship with Jesus should never lead people into extremes of fanaticism; their lives should model that of Christ in uprightness, balance, humility, and self-sacrifice (Colossians 3:12, 13; Philippians 4:5)

Heh. 

AND, they have an Outdoors Ministry, where they go hiking, skiing and whatever.  That is SO Durango! 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

And this: To my mind, anything that brings the members of that family out from under Patriarchy to any degree is a good thing. 

Absolutely, times 10,000. As I said before, it's good to see the minor & dependent kids actually living a life instead of being slaves to their parents, literally & figuratively, due to a toxically false theology.

Out of all the A and B listers in VF land (defined as those who appeared regularly or at least more than once in Doug's Blog), has anyone besides Carmon Friedrich publicly repudiated those poisonous beliefs? A number of them (and their kids, thank FSM) are obviously living very different lives now.

I'm not sure their attending that dance means they go there to church. DPIART looks ill. My guess is that Beall and some number of kids, maybe just Virginia, maybe just Virginia without Beall, went to Durango for the dance.  I sense from the older sisters' blogs that they stay in TX more of the time or have been there more of late. While Father is away at war, I mean with Flo. It's all so strange and how they make sense of it to their kids escapes me.  I just know that I did not see that hot pink dress available for the Liberty Dolls in the old VF catalogs. But it is mighty cute.

4 square is about as far as you can get from reformed, patriarchy, dominionist. It's Armenianist, charismatic and evangelical, and at least in the ones that are local to me, rarely fundy. But I agree that just because they are attending a dance there it didn't mean they go to church there.

Someone mentioned recently Doug's thoughts on Jesus appearing first to women after the resurrection. I think there was a link? I have searched the last 4 threads (perhaps not well) and couldn't find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

20 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

4 square is about as far as you can get from reformed, patriarchy, dominionist. It's Armenianist, charismatic and evangelical, and at least in the ones that are local to me, rarely fundy. But I agree that just because they are attending a dance there it didn't mean they go to church there.

Sad face emoji.  Now I really wish it's where they go to church. 

So here's another thought in the idle speculation category.  Doug has had some financial and legal "issues" in Texas.  He and Beall registered to vote in Durango, which certainly is a way to establish legal residency.  Might they be trying to escape some Texas "issues" (no idea what those might be) by establishing residency in another state? 

Don't know when they moved there, but perhaps they registered so they could vote in the November presidential election; however,  it would have been easy to vote absentee. 

1 hour ago, Quinquagenarian said:

I sense from the older sisters' blogs that they stay in TX more of the time or have been there more of late.

May I have the names of those blogs? Please and thank you muchly!

Wasn't the Four Square movement founded by Aimee Semple McPherson? A...woman?

And Doug does look like he's lost quite a bit of weight, and he seemed thin before. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived