IGNORED

Where In The World Is Doug Philips (Who Is A Tool)?? (Part 4)

Destiny

Good Lord, Dougie's thirst in the FB comments is epic. I'm almost embarrassed for him. Dude, you ain't with VF wide-eyed innocents anymore, these women see through your crap. 

And can someone tell him to please stop commenting in French? I cringe every time I come across one.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I think it may have been John Robert Moore. Don't want to tag him, though, because our discussions are always completely pointless.  

It was JRM - minus the rage part.  

Yes, I hear you.  He's a very confused young man, a gossip, and a snitch, with the survival instincts of the average cockroach.  His saving graces are a sense of humor - and his honesty about his sexuality.  I have to give him that.  I hope that he can make sense of his life and turn away completely from Dominionism.  Sometime.

I don't mind the French too much, as I try to speak to my French, German/Austrian, and Italian friends in their own language, even if it's a bit cringy and awkward sometimes. My friends and I are a little bit younger than you, @Palimpsest, in our 20s and 30s, and we frequently end communications with 'bisous' (French) or 'baci' (in Italian), so I don't find that so awkward. I do wish DPIAT would realise that he's a grown-up though!

@Jellybean, you are a LOT younger than me but thanks for your tact!   I thought the usage of "bisous" might have changed in 40 years.:lol:

17 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I don't mind the French too much, as I try to speak to my French, German/Austrian, and Italian friends in their own language, even if it's a bit cringy and awkward sometimes. My friends and I are a little bit younger than you, @Palimpsest, in our 20s and 30s, and we frequently end communications with 'bisous' (French) or 'baci' (in Italian), so I don't find that so awkward. I do wish DPIAT would realise that he's a grown-up though!

In the case of Doug, it just comes off as so cloying. And openly flirtatious. If I thought he were just genuinely trying to practice his French, it wouldn't bother me. 

And having to attribute what are the most famous lyrics to what is most possibly the most famous French song by the most famous French singer just made me roll my eyes. "La Vie en Rose" is by Piaf, Doug? Wow. So deep. Much obscurity. Thanks for enlightening us.

My friends are into the Goth/Burlesque scenes, and I've met guys who act like him. He seems like that creepy married guy in a club who kisses all the women's hands rather than shake, finds excuses to keep touching them, and refers to them as "enchantresses." He just gives me all the skeeves and all the cringe.

**(I may be in BEC mode at this point.)

Nope, I'm totally with you on the skeeves. I think it's quite common for Americans to be unsure about what is well-known and what isn't, especially within European culture, so I can possibly forgive the Piaf, but I get the exact same feeling as you about the hand kissing and being excessively chivalrous. I love to dress in the styles of the 1940s and '50s, make some of my own clothes, and would love to know more people who feel the same way. I'm a bit jealous of your goth/burlesque friends!

I don't want to be cross about Doug's age, because I don't think there should be any restrictions on what people enjoy, regardless of their age. What gets me more is that he's married and has children, but is happily playing the flirt/creep on another continent, completely neglecting his headship role. That just doesn't sit right with me, though I would be very happy to hear if he's changed his views on religion. 

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

You know as well as anyone that Doug is going to do whatever the hell he wants and screw everyone else.

Exactly. Doug doesn't care about anyone but himself. If it hadn't been VF it would have just been something else. VF doesn't bring him the glory he thinks he deserves anymore so he has moved on to a new crowd. Doug is like Gothard, he is a master of manipulation, he will never change and he will always be looking for the next opportunity. 

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

As he seems to have dumped his former rules - is he loosening the bonds he has over his daughters?  Chances are - no.  Because he is a hypocrite, a controller, and a bully, as well as a charismatic con-man who probably never believed what he preached.  

I feel sorry for his children, but I don't think anyone could have altered the way this all played out.  Doug is responsible for all the destruction he has left in his wake.  

Doug.  Not anyone else.

A million times yep!

Exceptionally well stated, @Palimpsest.

Is this guy living in Europe full time now?  Based on what I've read here and gleaned from his creepy ass FB page, it looks like he's trying to become a completely different person in order to gain access to these women.  

This guy is a total predator and I hope these women catch on very, very soon and throw him out of their circle.  

In my mind, I keep juxtaposing this new development of Doug galavanting around with betasseled women with poor Kelly, who is now a single mother to six children who is living under her parents' roof. And that nauseating "And we just want to thank YOU, Mr. Phillips" video keeps running in a loop. This man literally ruined people's lives with his greed and ambition, and encouraged them to bring entirely innocent children into their insanity to further his goals. If he's capable of feeling guilt, I don't know how he sleeps with himself (or some young, sweet thing :8U:) at night. 

31 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

In my mind, I keep juxtaposing this new development of Doug galavanting around with betasseled women with poor Kelly, who is now a single mother to six children who is living under her parents' roof. And that nauseating "And we just want to thank YOU, Mr. Phillips" video keeps running in a loop. This man literally ruined people's lives with his greed and ambition, and encouraged them to bring entirely innocent children into their insanity to further his goals. If he's capable of feeling guilt, I don't know how he sleeps with himself (or some young, sweet thing :8U:) at night. 

Thank you! There is now a not so small group of young women out there who have no education because of Doug's teachings. They have very small possibilities of supporting themselves and they may or may not live in poverty because they were taught that they shouldn't work at all.  They, and their kids, are more or less stuck in a misogynistic lifestyle.

Doug should be tarred and feathered for what he has done, but instead he has just shrugged everything off and is prancing around Europe and hobnobbing with burlesque dancers half his age. It looks like he has a very comfortable life. I wish I could say the same for a certain former golden couple that he continued to hold up as an example, but who now are living on separate coasts. Six kids will grow up without their father and their mother, who has no education and has never worked at all, has had to move in with her parents again.

But what does DW Cinematograper care? He is busy filming rhinestone nipple pasties and dining in Paris. Fuck him!

5 hours ago, CloakNDagger said:

The whole culture enabled Doug. He didn't do it in a vacuum. Doug may or may not have been restorable, but certainly each of us has to own our own actions and attitudes.

Let's not forget that DOUG is the one who set up the culture.  He was the driving force in all that went on.  It was HIS teachings and HIS thoughts that set the tone.  Not excusing his followers but in the grand scheme of things, this steaming pile of wreckage is due to the work of DPIAT.

@Clementine and @Viola. Thank you so much. Right you both are.  This contrast is the real observation. Would that a good journalist would take heed.

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Will that be the final nail in his coffin for these supporters and defenders?  Chances are, they will dump Doug but will continue to defend his false teaching.

What is sad and ironic to me is the way that in the True Believer families, the men control the information. I remember when the thing came out with Jen's Gems. I asked the wife of a rabid VF supporter about it, because I figured they'd be closer to the situation, and she gave me a blank stare. Later, when DPIAT stepped down in scandal, she (as well as others) brought up the "King David" defense, following the lead of the VF-infused church elders. I don't know what they'd be thinking now, or if they ever rue sending their sons to be VF interns, but I'd be willing to bet that not a whiff of this information and these kinds of photos would be anywhere that any of those women would see them. (For one thing, Covenant Eyes would probably never let them get through.)

11 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Also, forgive the scrutiny but that photographed bookshelf on the cinematographer's page is not very VF Friendly.   Oscar Wilde, JK Rowling, Dune and Star Wars  are some of the selections  -- no GA  Henty or Elsie books??

Yikes, what a change! The VF catalog was full of poorly written stuff... absolute dreck, in some cases, especially what they pushed for children's reading.

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

If he's capable of feeling guilt, I don't know how he sleeps with himself (or some young, sweet thing :8U:) at night. 

He certainly doesn't seem to be acting as if he has any capacity for guilt. He may be one of those people who is actually without a conscience. I forget what the correct term would be.

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I always wonder why we have never given Little Bear Wheeler more attention here.  He's one of the people who paved the way for Doug.  

Yes he did and they were BFFs at one time.

Don't recall what led to their parting of the ways which was well before the implosion of VFI/VFM. 

Wheeler appears to be still involved Mantle Ministries with its bullshit on America's providential history. Also, note that the web link says Wheeler is involved with family-integrated churches.

37 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Don't recall what led to their parting of the ways which was well before the implosion of VFI/VFM. 

According to Jen, she and her ex went to Little Bear's church when Doug kicked them out of Boerne Christian Assembly.  Apparently, this chapped Doug's tender ass and caused a rift between Doug and Little Bear, who up 'til then had been BFFs.   This is all in The World According to Jen™.  Knock back a stiff drink or three or five or just get preemptively shit faced and start reading here:  Doug Phillips Shuns “Little Bear” Wheeler.   Jen goes on and on and on and on and endlessly fucking ON as only Jen can. 

Perhaps you were wondering to yourself, "What created the original bond between Little Bear and Doug?"

Screenshot 2017-03-29 at 6.14.41 PM.png

Screenshot 2017-03-29 at 6.20.55 PM.png

I don't think it was one thing in particular that led to the rift between Little Bear and Doug. It's just that they're both such attention whores. When Doug did events with Geoff or Scott or even the super-popular Voddie, Doug was still the STAR. But with the flamboyant, costumed Little Bear around, hamming it up and hogging the camera, he had to share that spotlight. 

31 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

But with the flamboyant, costumed Little Bear around, hamming it up and hogging the camera, he had to share that spotlight. 

So basically two fops, each wanting exclusive stage time?

5 hours ago, refugee said:

He certainly doesn't seem to be acting as if he has any capacity for guilt. He may be one of those people who is actually without a conscience. I forget what the correct term would be.

Sociopath? 

ETA: oops, I see @Marian the Librarianalready said it!  

Thank you, @MamaJunebug - had forgotten the Jen accounts.

As in so many things these asshats do, it comes down to limelight & money. Attention whores, indeed.

36 minutes ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Why would a grown ass man continue to go by Little Bear, wtf? 

Ask me, ask me!!

For some people, it's COOL to pretend to be Native American Indian.  

And for some folks who actually are Native, "Little" or "Least" can be actual given names. They indicate the birth order of the children. 

Remember "Blue Highways," the 1970s/80s journal of a man's pilgrimage of self-discovery? The author's government name is  William Trogdon. As he continued his journey, he learned that his dad's family tribal name was Heat Moon. The first son would have been named [First name] Heat Moon, the next son named [first name] Little Heat Moon and the last one, [firstname] Least Heat Moon. 

And that's where William Least Heat Moon came from, girls & boys. At least that's what I read. And "Blue" is a very cool book. And to read something by Least Heat Moon has a bit different cachet than something by Trogdon.

And that leads us back to Little Bear. Which is pretty funny if one's acquainted with gay bear culture, but I've digressed enough. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived