IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 26 - Double Baked Duggars

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we sure April is really pregnant?  Did she hedge her due date like the Duggar women to keep us all in suspense?

55 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Are we sure April is really pregnant?  Did she hedge her due date like the Duggar women to keep us all in suspense?

who is april?

April is a giraffe. You can watch her give birth, live, but so far nothing's happened.

Visited my in-laws in Mississippi in March. My MIL was OBSESSED with April the giraffe. She had to have that live feed going 24/7. Man oh man.

April might be like the mare that a nature show wanted to film giving birth.  They had people standing by and lights on her all night long.  She just wouldn't go into labor.  Finally someone suggested the stress of having the people and the lights was setting off her natural instints to not give birth in a possibly hostile situation.  So they cleared out of the barn and set up remotely operated night vision cameras.  That mare went into labor almost instantly.

Not every mother wants a film crew and an unnecessary audience to give birth.  I had to remember that myself when I recently realized that my expectation to be present at my first grandbaby's birth was not well received by my daughter and her boyfriend.  So, Go April!

On 3/27/2017 at 0:21 AM, Toomuchtimeonmyhands said:

I have (mostly) lurked here for years, follow the odd post on pickles, read quite a bit about other fundies, but until tonight I never knew there were teen girls writing fanfiction about Jeremiah and Jed.  This creeps me out more than almost anything else I have ever seen....

Ah yes. But are they ship-ing them, too? Because that would be even weirder...

46 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Ah yes. But are they ship-ing them, too? Because that would be even weirder...

Shipping, I hate that with a passion. I find it annoying if their just characters but I seriously wonder about the people who do it with real people. Some people have no boundaries, it's gross. The worst of the worst force their views on the people they want in a relationship. They fill in holes to make it feel true. Much of it is delusional and ends up hurting the people they supposedly love enough to be apart of their "ship" 

Oh dear. Ships. I don't mind them terribly (I certainly saw chemistry between Dean and Castiel when I still watched Supernatural), until the fans get rabid and take their fandoms far too seriously. With real people... it's weird. Really weird. Weird with the Duggars. Weird with real people.It's far too personal. And none of anyone else's business. I understand speculation, I've speculated about Duggar relationships, but actively and passionately shipping people? That crosses a line for me.

It's funny we get on this subject now, I've been the subject of such a ship myself in real life recently... it's just as uncomfortable as one would imagine. Don't do it, kids. Or if you do, keep your mouth shut about it.

20 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Lately, watching the Duggars is as a bit more exciting than watching paint dry but less exciting than watching for signs that April the giraffe is about to give birth.

Well, um, like it could be twin giraffes.   You never know.......

I check in on April 2-3 times a day but that's it. No 24/7 watching for me, she's just not that interesting for hours on end.  And people on her various FB chats are fricking nuts, especially the PETA types.

15 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

Oh dear. Ships. I don't mind them terribly (I certainly saw chemistry between Dean and Castiel when I still watched Supernatural), until the fans get rabid and take their fandoms far too seriously. With real people... it's weird. Really weird. Weird with the Duggars. Weird with real people.It's far too personal. And none of anyone else's business. I understand speculation, I've speculated about Duggar relationships, but actively and passionately shipping people? That crosses a line for me.

It's funny we get on this subject now, I've been the subject of such a ship myself in real life recently... it's just as uncomfortable as one would imagine. Don't do it, kids. Or if you do, keep your mouth shut about it.

Wait what is ship? I never heard of this.

Edited to add i just googled ship. I'm still clueless lol. 

47 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

"Ship" is short for "relationship." So if someone ships two people, they think they would work well as a couple. If you're watching TV and you're yelling at the screen because two characters should JUST KISS ALREADY, then you ship them. 

Trouble is when you get too invested in other people's romantic lives, particularly if they're real people with opinions and agency, it gets invasive and weird. 

It's weird how April and the people who own her have pretty rabid leghumpers, not unlike the Duggars. That FB page gets all kinds of crazy. 

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

Think Mulder and Scully, Joanie and Chachi, Lorelai and Luke, Ben and Jessa (kidding but at the time no HA

two people you think have chemistry and love each other 

usually on a tv show 

I read an article once that "shipping" as a term came about because of Mulder/Scully.  The show came out at the dawn of the internet boards and the many threads about them ended up coining the term.  Now there's also "Gilovney".  They do have crazy chemistry on screen and off so I understand it.  I do feel bad they have to keep talking about it.  

Meh, that giraffe is boring.  In the time people gave been watching her, the eagles I watch in DC have hatched their chicks and they've grown heaps already.  At the rate April is going, the eaglets will have fledged by the time she's given birth! 

Copyright DC Eaglecam 

IMG_0799.PNG

To be fair. April wasn't in labor when the news picked up the story and assumed she was. The livestream started so her donors could check up on her and learn of her progress. It's hard to tell when Giraffes are in labor because they purposely hide it because of predators. The park believes she's close now. They won't know for sure until actual delivery. I check on her every once in a while. My attention span is terrible and I prefer big cats(and little cats). My mom loves giraffes and I always get nervous for wild life birth so I'm always thinking of that.

Giraffes are my favorite animal ever. Those wobbly first steps are also my favorite, as is staring at April's stomach and not understanding how a 6 foot tall creature is curled up in there. 

I think she's progressing fine, but as was said upthread the media picked up on it and hyped it up like "GIRAFFE GIVING BIRTH NOW!" when the zoo knew she wasn't ready and put up the feed for donors. Giraffes also gestate 15-16 months so they could be a month off. They also noticed she was pregnant late last february but they don't know exactly when she got pregnant so there could still potentially be another month or so. 

I check in here and there, and every so often if you watch her stomach you can see contraction-like things happening but maybe giraffes have braxton hicks too? lol If I were her I'd wait until night time or they took the camera off me. She has to feel safe. 

Haha all your April stories reminded me about how I was watching European Bisons during winter examinal session. And many of my friends did the same. And many more people, so there was even short interview in tv with national forest representative who said, that there was never such popularity of this livestream, as during winter exams. Everything was more interesting than learning!

I also watch storks livestreams, especially when they fly back here and chick are hatching. There is over 40 livestreams here so you know... I'm quite busy. 

23 hours ago, Karma said:

Meh, that giraffe is boring.  In the time people gave been watching her, the eagles I watch in DC have hatched their chicks and they've grown heaps already.  At the rate April is going, the eaglets will have fledged by the time she's given birth! 

Copyright DC Eaglecam 

IMG_0799.PNG

I think it was the eagle Cam in Pittsburgh a year or two ago where the mommy eagle brought her babies a small cat.  There was outrage.  I understand it might have been difficult to watch the birds eat Fluffy, but the birds are after all carnivores.  Sill, I would have found it hard to watch especially since my fur baby Wallace is sleeping rigt next to me as I type this

Last season I only saw the eagles bring fish to the nest, @onekidanddone, but in the last week there's been fish, a duck and what looked like a squirrel.  If I lived near an eagle's nest I'd keep my 3kg dog inside I think!

I actually saw a giraffe being born when I was very young at a zoo in Rhode Island. I was so scared, because it popped out and fell like six feet onto the ground. Aaaaand that's when I found out where babies came from. Nature is so educational.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived