IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 26 - Double Baked Duggars

choralcrusader8613

17 hours ago, Karma said:

Ouch, @Playagirl.  I don't know the statistics, but he must have been very unlucky.

Yeah, apparently complications are pretty rare with vasectomies. When he was in the doctor's office waiting to be examined for his follow-up after everything was cleaned up, he got to talking with another guy who had the exact same issue and was there for a follow-up too. Given the rarity of the complications, we assume the doctor was at fault, not that they'd ever admit to such a thing.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Playagirl I'm not from the United States so I really don't know, please don't mind if I ask: Why did your husband not get payed for 3 weeks while he was sick? Is that common practice or is it something the employer decides? I know that the length and the pay for maternity leave is also up to the company... 

Around the New Year, my boyfriend and I began going to a Presbyterian Church and I noticed one of the members looked like a doppelganger of Michelle. Her hair looks just like it did when she got the makeover and she wears pants, but other than that, she is a spitting image! She even has the smug baby voice too! It's very scary! 

On 3/25/2017 at 0:40 PM, KelseyAnn said:

I have an aunt who had 4 kids, the last two past age 40 with...some mental defects, the last one very much so. 

And the doctor's still gave her crap about wanting her tubes tied after the last one, all because her deadbeat ex-husband wasn't around to give his consent. 

*cognitive impairment/intellectual disability

ugh.

2 hours ago, BrandoBarks said:

@Playagirl I'm not from the United States so I really don't know, please don't mind if I ask: Why did your husband not get payed for 3 weeks while he was sick? Is that common practice or is it something the employer decides? I know that the length and the pay for maternity leave is also up to the company... 

Sadly the United States lags behind much of the rest of the world when we're talking about sick leave or maternity leave. There is no federally mandated sick leave; instead, it's up to each company to set policy. As a result, some companies will give you paid sick leave, some will give you unpaid sick leave, and still others would fire an employee out for three weeks, no matter what the cause. 

It wasn't until 1993 that the first national maternity law leave was enacted, giving women who gave birth or adopting mothers 12 weeks of unpaid maternity leave a year. But, women still must work in a company of 50 or more employees to have this leave mandated, and have worked there for at least a year before taking leave. Until 2016, the military only gave six weeks of maternity leave. 

weird question, but where is the house that Jill and Derick stayed at in relation to the TTH?  I had the impression it was right next door, but it doesn't look like that with google earth.  No, not planning on  stalking the clan, just curious about it.  I was doing one of those google searches that starts with one thing and then leads you to look up another thing and then another, etc.  Today Pickles posted that Josh has a new used car lot in Siloam Springs.  So I was googling where that town is,  Then that lead me to look at the earth view to see how far it was from the TTH, as I was wondering if Josh and Anna are likely living there or if Josh is commuting from the prayer closet in the TTH to Siloam Springs.  Then I wondered where Jill's most recent house was etc. 

Does anyone else's brain work like that?  you look up one thing that leads to another and then another and they may or may not be tangentially related.  It is raining in my area today, and my back is acting up so not doing my usual sunday cleaning regime.  So just sitting here having an ADD stream of consciousness afternoon surfing the internet!

@calimojo my brain works exactly like that, too! 

The pool house is around the corner from the TTH, and there's a large parcel between the two lots.

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

@calimojo my brain works exactly like that, too! 

The pool house is around the corner from the TTH, and there's a large parcel between the two lots.

Does it also have a tennis court?

6 hours ago, BrandoBarks said:

I'm from Canada and here it's up to the company you work at to decide if you get paid sick days. If you're off sick for long enough you can sometimes qualify for sick benefits through our government employment insurance program but my husband wasn't off for long enough.

I just saw @Audrey2's response after I posted mine. Looks like the US is the same as Canada wrt sick days. We're way ahead on maternity leave, though. New moms get 52 weeks paid leave at something like 56% of their salary (paid thru our government employment insurance program).  When I had my kids close to 30 years ago we got 4 months' paid leave.

Hi all- I just came across this site.  I used to watch however many Kids and Counting but don't watch whatever the new one is.  My husband and I came up with this drinking game to the old show, not sure if it is adaptable to the new one, but thought I would share and invite you to make changes or add.   

DUGGAR DRINKING GAME

Take 1 drink when:

• someone gives a side hug
  • someone says "fun," "neat," or "exciting"
  • Michelle calls Jim Bob "Daddy"
  • one of the little kids rolls their eyes
  • someone giggles
  • a violin or piano is played
  • a married couple kisses
  • a date is chaperoned
  • the intercom system is used
  • someone says "Hey!" or "Awwww!"
  • there is a pop-up during the episode
  • they eat off styrofoam or paper plates
  • someone says "pure/purity"
  • JimBob or Josh use hairspray or the girls curl their hair
  • a couple holds hands
  • there is a reference to or visual of tator tot casserole or a biscuit
  • JimBob tells one of the kids to do something "real quick"

Take 2 drinks when:

• there is some kind of Duggar performance or competition
  • a homebirth is shown
  • a courtship, pregnancy, or engagement is announced
  • there is a family meeting
  • someone says "a servant's heart" or "season of life"
  • the Duggars or Grandduggars are being homeschooled
  • there is some sort of cooking or baking disaster
  • they shop at GoodWill
  • they take a trip
  • a Duggar or Grandduggar celebrates a birthday
  • one of the kids makes or eats a pickle
  • Grandma Duggar does laundry

Chug your drink

• during prayer

so is Jessa's house in the Tontitown area?   Obviously it has to be close to the TTH that they go there often.   But I couldn't remember if it was in Tontitown, Springdale or Fayetteville.  Was Josh's first car dealership in Tontitown? 

So it would seem as if the Duggar compound is in Tontitown in the country,  Josh and Anna are likely in Siloam Springs.  Jin/Jer are hopefully in Laredo still and not looking for property in Arkansas.  Ben and Jess are somewhere near the TTH.  And where was the first mansion that Jill and Derick had?  I thought it was about an hour away from the TTH

Not sure why I care but over the years I have read about them in a few different towns in that area.   And  that big warehouse building they have in front of their property looks so trashy.  There are some really nice houses in that area, and I would think that junky looking warehouse with a ton of different cars in various states of repair or disrepair looks terrible.  I wouldn't enjoy that as a neighbor.

I can't remember where I read it but I seem to recall a neighbor saying it was the eyesore of the area.  Also, I think they commented on the lack of landscaping in the yard.  This is probably poorly remembered on my part so take it for what it's worth....

1 hour ago, calimojo said:

Does it also have a tennis court?

Not that I know of, but I could be wrong. There are photos here: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1969-Dowell-St-Springdale-AR-72762/2146944458_zpid/

And because I, too, have considered the geography of Duggarland:

Screen Shot 03-26-17 at 07.33 PM.PNG

Kincheloe = Siloam Springs house that got transferred to Travis Story when Josh entered Jesus jail. IDK if that's where they live now, but it is in my imagination, at least.

Arbor Acres = Duggar HQ

Dowell = "Pool house" where Jill & Derick stayed

North Porter = "Grandma Mary's house" where Jessa & Ben live

Callahan = "Circle house" owned by the family trust for several years and currently being remodeled

5723 W Stoney Brook = "Cat house" where the Dillards lived when D worked at Walmart

5823 W Stoney Brook = John David's rent house with self storage unit. Rented by someone we "know" from social media, but I can't remember who

Goodness, are they advertising a wet bar?!?!??!! I'm positively defrauded. :jawdrop:

3 hours ago, SJM27 said:

Hi all- I just came across this site.  I used to watch however many Kids and Counting but don't watch whatever the new one is.  My husband and I came up with this drinking game to the old show, not sure if it is adaptable to the new one, but thought I would share and invite you to make changes or add.   

DUGGAR DRINKING GAME

-snipped for length-

Well, I still only have one beer, but I'm gonna play this with the premiere episode of Counting On, just to see how far into the episode I get before I run out of drink.

I'll post the time stamp! ;) Thanks for sharing this.  

8 seconds in, already taking a sip. And here I was thinking it might take awhile because a lot of these are for the ~old brand~! I'd also like to add "Kidult holding a married couple's baby" and "Whenever we..." and Duggar Couple Stares as additional 1 sippers, and "Headship reads Bible to helpmeet" as a 2 sipper; I'll exclude them from my game for now though!

Holy fuck it's been 1:03 of this episode and I've already chugged through three prayer scenes! FUCKING EDITORSSSSS

THE SIDE HUGS AND PRAYING HAVE GOTTEN BE THROUGH HALF A BOTTLE... TWO MINUTES IN

WHAT!!!

OMG THE TITLE CREDITS DIDN'T EVEN POP UP UNTIL NOW
I'm crying 

Okay now since they're talking about the molestation I've had only a few sips in between. I imagine I'll finish this bottle as soon as they move on to another topic. There's like... a sixth of this beer left and I'm 18:40 in.

OH... well, that was literally one sip left it turns out. I finished, 19:55 in.

I have (mostly) lurked here for years, follow the odd post on pickles, read quite a bit about other fundies, but until tonight I never knew there were teen girls writing fanfiction about Jeremiah and Jed.  This creeps me out more than almost anything else I have ever seen....

8 hours ago, Toomuchtimeonmyhands said:

I have (mostly) lurked here for years, follow the odd post on pickles, read quite a bit about other fundies, but until tonight I never knew there were teen girls writing fanfiction about Jeremiah and Jed.  This creeps me out more than almost anything else I have ever seen....

There's also a Supernatural crossover about Jinger and Dean. I like my brain cells too much to read it, though :P

12 hours ago, Toomuchtimeonmyhands said:

While I think it's great that people are writing in their spare time for fun, I'm also totally disturbed by the fundie Duggar fan fiction.  I've encountered a few of those accounts on Instagram.  I remember years ago, during the height of the show's popularity, running into Laguna Beach fan fiction.  These people need to get help.  

Every time I hear about people writing fan fic, I think of Supernatural when Dean says to Sam "They know we're brothers, right"?

14 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Every time I hear about people writing fan fic, I think of Supernatural when Dean says to Sam "They know we're brothers, right"?

I used to read ff. I've seen some bad, bad things...

28 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Pshhhh, as if brothers matters to the Fan Fiction crowd

I read an alarming amount of Gilmore Girls fanfic in 2007-2008 because I was so disappointed in the final season. But I've never read any other fanfic. Is it still fanfic if it's about real people?

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived