choralcrusader8613

8 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Meanwhile, I can't even get a date. 

Forever alone y'all. 

Me neither. You're not alone..

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a "date" (met a guy for coffee - a former priest!) a few weeks ago and OMG, my family was so excited!

They're always telling me "it could still happen", but I think in the way you win the lottery, or irrefutable evidence of Bigfoot is found.  Anything can happen, but the probability is low.

Love the thread drift! If it helps anyone, here my 2 cents:

I am weird and never enjoyed dating. I dated very little in the common sense of the term: 99% of my relationships, including my husband, were friendships that, after some time (months, years) developed into romance, and they were exclusive from the get-go. Most times, my response to the friendly, well-meaning advice of "you should be going out and date a bunch of people" was "I'd rather...[read a book/get my nails done/watch Law and Order/bake bread/...]

I also liked "experimental one-night stands" when single, approaching this type of romance with the same curiosity I'd have when trying out a new restaurant, learning a new language, or visiting a new country for the first time.  

My life pattern has been three long-term relationships (one lasting 7 years, one 3 years, and the current is my husband) and a few shenanigans before and in between. Not judging anyone, but I am personally proud to say I never cheated on any of my partners while in a relationship. When single, I did all I wanted, when I wanted, with whomever I wanted to. I used to have a friendly competition with my best friend, "Who can tap more countries?" (we are naughty, I know, but it was fun!), but she has long surpassed me, and it will likely stay so since I got married. As long as the rules are clear, people are honest with each other, and there are no false expectations, I do not see anything wrong with sexual exploration between consenting adults.

But I digress...back to dating: I believe in "meet people doing what you like, and see what happens". For this reason, I like to do things I enjoy with like-minded people, without pressure or expectations or "fitting in". 

The one time I can recall when I went on a "classic" date, it was with someone I had previously met at a university alumni event, and I figured that, even if the date was bad, at least we could talk about interesting topics. We did not click that way, but as predicted, we had lots to talk about and the date was not boring. 

13 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I had a "date" (met a guy for coffee - a former priest!) a few weeks ago and OMG, my family was so excited!

They're always telling me "it could still happen", but I think in the way you win the lottery, or irrefutable evidence of Bigfoot is found.  Anything can happen, but the probability is low.

I liked this because trust me, irrefutable evidence of Bigfoot will be found. Any day now. I swear!!!

p.s. a date with a former priest sounds really cool. I imagine he might be a very interesting person!

Man, Jana is gorgeous. Her whole outfit is perfect. 
Aaaaaand at risk of contributing to an eleventy-page-long discussion... still diggin' those ultimately meaningless pants :evil-laugh:

14 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

Been there done that; my advice - don't give too much.  He's been the Shepard of HIS flock and the One people came to for years.  It was more than I could take to date the ego.

Pants mean nothing, but also AW YISS JINGER YOU WEAR THOSE PANTS

(now please stop torturing your lovely curly hair, have maybe like 3 kids, and tell your husband to shut his piehole about depression)

4 hours ago, eyerollsforjesus said:

Looks like they're meeting Jessa's HGTV idols in Waco,TX (The Gaines). Also Jinger is in pants. 

IMG_6455.PNG

Jana is really pretty. I'm digging Jing's new style. I just wish it came with a new belief system.

I wonder what Jessa thinks of Jinger in pants. Like do you think she's silently judging her? I wonder if the pants and shorts have put a strain on their relationship.  This also makes me wonder if Ben decided to leave the cult would Jessa just follow her headship? How does that work?

Can someone please explain Jessa's legs to me? Am I glitching or are there two different legs in that picture above?Screenshot_20170412-220520.thumb.png.e5b9758a919bda900dcdf3020f9ab208.png

9 minutes ago, Pasta said:

Can someone please explain Jessa's legs to me? Am I glitching or are there two different legs in that picture above?Screenshot_20170412-220520.thumb.png.e5b9758a919bda900dcdf3020f9ab208.png

It's the light shining from the upper right on to her leg making it look smaller.  If you start with the light and follow it back to her leg you'll probably see it.  It's an optical illusion.

Jinger looks great! Jana is coordinated perfectly as usual but the lighting makes her hand look oddly white- looks like a mannequin hand to me lol. I'm not digging Jessa's T-shirt with "dressy" skirt look. 

Jessa has always seemed pretty vain and into her looks so it's odd how frumpy she dresses. I know she just had a baby so she is probably still wearing clothes that are bigger than her normal size, but even before she was pregnant her style was pretty frumpy. Jana seems to pull of the modest look the best. I like Jinger's outfit but her pants seem a little too large for her. 

9 minutes ago, mstee said:

Jessa has always seemed pretty vain and into her looks so it's odd how frumpy she dresses. I know she just had a baby so she is probably still wearing clothes that are bigger than her normal size, but even before she was pregnant her style was pretty frumpy. Jana seems to pull of the modest look the best. I like Jinger's outfit but her pants seem a little too large for her. 

So I'm wondering why you think she's vain and into her looks if you also think she dresses frumpy. Aren't the two kind of mutually exclusive?

She doesn't look frumpy at all to me, but she has a baby and a toddler. As far as I'm concerned, she can wear a potato sack if that's what makes her comfortable.

Jana and Jinger look fabulous here, I would wear either of those outfits in a heartbeat. Jessa's not so much (the word wifey drives me nuts too, @Carm_88 !). If only their beliefs were as lovely as their clothes... 

jessa tends to look frumpy because she's in skirts all the time. if only she switched her skirts for skinny jeans, and restrictive lifestyle for not, the world would be a better place.

18 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

jessa tends to look frumpy because she's in skirts all the time. if only she switched her skirts for skinny jeans, and restrictive lifestyle for not, the world would be a better place.

No, pants don't make you not frumpy. I don't think Jessa is frumpy at all, she has 2 kids 15 month apart, one of whom is only 2 months old. She's still got a bit of baby weight and with every kid you have it is harder and harder for your stomach muscles to bounce back. I think she is just trying to be comfortable in cult approved clothing .  That fact that her hair is done and her make up is on is a step ahead of me today, But I never wear make up because I'm lazy.   And yes I would rock that shirt, I like Wifey to each their own I guess. 

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ugh I hate the word wifey. 

Lord, me too. If someone gave me a "wifey" tshirt I'd set it on fire.

15 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Ugh I hate the word wifey. 

Even if Judy Blume's worst book wasn't the first thing I think of, you still couldn't pay me to wear such a condescending term.  Couldn't do it.  Not even ironically. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

So I'm wondering why you think she's vain and into her looks if you also think she dresses frumpy. Aren't the two kind of mutually exclusive?

She doesn't look frumpy at all to me, but she has a baby and a toddler. As far as I'm concerned, she can wear a potato sack if that's what makes her comfortable.

They tend to be mutually exclusive, but she seems pretty vain with all her selfies, yet her outfits don't really match that.  I only really pointed it out because she does those presentations on modesty. I don't think I'd want to take fashion advice from her. As far as her wearing what's comfy- obviously that's fine. I again just find it funny that she is asked to speak on dressing fashionably and modestly. It seems like Jana would be the better choice- stylish and modest. 

22 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

No, pants don't make you not frumpy. I don't think Jessa is frumpy at all, she has 2 kids 15 month apart, one of whom is only 2 months old. She's still got a bit of baby weight and with every kid you have it is harder and harder for your stomach muscles to bounce back. I think she is just trying to be comfortable in cult approved clothing .  That fact that her hair is done and her make up is on is a step ahead of me today, But I never wear make up because I'm lazy.   And yes I would rock that shirt, I like Wifey to each their own I guess. 

i don't mean her body is frumpy at all. i meant the way she puts her outfits together. she goes fo a lot of baggier tops that would work well with form fitting pants, but not baggy skirts.

i like the shirt too. but not with that skirt.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived