IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 26 - Double Baked Duggars

choralcrusader8613

56 minutes ago, jerkit said:

I read an alarming amount of Gilmore Girls fanfic in 2007-2008 because I was so disappointed in the final season. But I've never read any other fanfic. Is it still fanfic if it's about real people?

I was SO INTO Gilmore Girls fan fic - what was that website that went bye bye 

I still read xfiles fan fic :D

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nst said:

I was SO INTO Gilmore Girls fan fic - what was that website that went bye bye 

I still read xfiles fan fic

TWOP?

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

Pshhhh, as if brothers matters to the Fan Fiction crowd

I can't  read Thorki because of that...

6 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Pshhhh, as if brothers matters to the Fan Fiction crowd

Once i read a Harry Potter fan fic about the giagant squid and the fucking castle. Is not exactly like anything is holding anyone back

On the topic of bad fanfiction, has anyone here ever read My Immortal? Widely regarded as the worst fanfiction ever written, it's supposedly in the Harry Potter universe. It reeks of early 2000s emo teen-ness, the characters are completely off, the story ridiculous, and she must have been using spell-checking software because the typos are the stuff of legend. It gives me the same warm, fuzzy, "what the FUCK did I just read" feeling as I get when I read Chuck Tingle.

I'm pretty sure I've read My Immortal, but I think my brain blocked the memories to save itself. It left me with the a "Is this real? Did that just happen?" feeling. Of course, now I think I need to hunt it down and try to read it again. 

15 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

On the topic of bad fanfiction, has anyone here ever read My Immortal? Widely regarded as the worst fanfiction ever written, it's supposedly in the Harry Potter universe. It reeks of early 2000s emo teen-ness, the characters are completely off, the story ridiculous, and she must have been using spell-checking software because the typos are the stuff of legend. It gives me the same warm, fuzzy, "what the FUCK did I just read" feeling as I get when I read Chuck Tingle.

YES! I love My Immortal! My sister and I used to read bad fan fiction for fun, and that was one of our favourites. I think it was actually a parody, though.

There was this Lord of the Rings fan fiction called 'Celebrian' and it was... absolutely vile, like one of the most disturbing things you'd ever read. It was a badge of honour if you could manage to get through the entire thing. I'm not particularly squeamish, and I was actually way less squeamish back then than I am now, but I could never manage it.

The only one I have read is the alternate book to Alllegiant (the last book in the Divergent series). Needless to say, it was MUCH better than Allegient.

4 minutes ago, karen77 said:

The only one I have read is the alternate book to Alllegiant (the last book in the Divergent series). Needless to say, it was MUCH better than Allegient.

Being MUCH better than Allegient isn't hard though... 

That book ruined the entire series for me. 

2 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

Being MUCH better than Allegient isn't hard though... 

That book ruined the entire series for me. 

I agree. I can't even watch the last movie....even with Theo

Look up Determinant. It's pretty good!

1 hour ago, MargaretElliott said:

My Immortal is a true classic of the bad fanfic genre :D

Sorry to interrupt the thread drift, but I just discovered that the folks who run the Duggar Family Blog updated the banner with new photos of everyone and the inclusion of Henry, Austin, and even Baby Dillard #2. Here's hoping Joy and Austin don't have a broken engagement, because that'd be embarrassing.

But speaking of My Immortal, here's a dramatic reading for your listening pleasure.

Has this been posted yet?  The family's FB page just added this photo:

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.516618088471845.1073741827.510067475793573/1011979608935688/?type=3&theater

Josh is up front and center in this pic.  In the back, there is a young woman standing very close to one of the boys (a twin, I think?).  

One of my college roommates could recite lengthy passages from My Immortal from memory.  She also livestreamed reading it as part of a Harry Potter-themed fundraiser for literacy.  Fun times!

Oh the comments on that... *makes a bigger drink*

On March 17, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Carm_88 said:

And there are soon going to be even more of them. They just keep growing and growing...

Like tribbles

image.jpeg

23 hours ago, karen77 said:

I agree. I can't even watch the last movie....even with Theo

Look up Determinant. It's pretty good!

Allegiant was a hot mess. Is Determinant the name of the alternative? Would love to check it out. 

I read nothing but xfiles fan fic pretty much. I need it on the daily. *shrugs*

35 minutes ago, rexasaurus_nirb said:

Allegiant was a hot mess. Is Determinant the name of the alternative? Would love to check it out. 

yes!

15 hours ago, Stormy said:

Sorry to interrupt the thread drift, but I just discovered that the folks who run the Duggar Family Blog updated the banner with new photos of everyone and the inclusion of Henry, Austin, and even Baby Dillard #2. Here's hoping Joy and Austin don't have a broken engagement, because that'd be embarrassing.

But speaking of My Immortal, here's a dramatic reading for your listening pleasure.

This picture has been updated for a month approximately. there was even a blog post about it. (it was updated before the M5 announcement)

13 hours ago, imokit said:

Eww at the comments to much love for Josh and the lovely family.

Anna with a child on her lap again. ;) Covering up the baby bump. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived