IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kira said:

2. I predict Joy will have social media and maybe a wedding registry. I think the lack of social media "hurt" Jinger.

i think she'll go the jinger route - she could have already had one when she started courting, so why start now? also austin appears to have deleted his instagram since duggarfam is no longer following him (unless i'm dreaming and he never had one?)

With Joy getting engaged--- besides Jana, JB is out of daughters  to marry off for the show ratings (for a few years) now, right?  It'll be interesting to see what he does? Will Jana finally find someone or will the sons suddenly become financially independent enough to warrant marriages?

4 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Coming in 2037, "50 Kids and Camping"!

THIS just made my crappy day so much better!!!

I really feel sorry for Joy.  Just turned 19 and already engaged.  Her older sisters were 23, 21 and 22 when they got married.  Me thinks Joy was about to run and Boob and Mullet had to do something about it.

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

i think she'll go the jinger route - she could have already had one when she started courting, so why start now? also austin appears to have deleted his instagram since duggarfam is no longer following him (unless i'm dreaming and he never had one?)

He had one. It was something like @Austin4site

Austin didn't delete his Instagram and the Duggar fam is currently following him. The account used to be called @Austin4site but for some reason changed it to @fly4jesus. He also changed the name on the account from Austin to Jimmy. Who knows why, probably to try to remain as private and hidden as possible.

Just now, AnnaRuk09 said:

Austin didn't delete his Instagram and the Duggar fam is currently following him. The account used to be called @Austin4site but for some reason changed it to @fly4jesus. He also changed the name on the account from Austin to Jimmy. Who knows why, probably to try to remain as private and hidden as possible.

I agree with this I just did a tiny bit of googling and it resulted in going right to "jimmys" profile.

Makes me uncomfortable though so that's all I'll say about an account trying to remain private.

11 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

James might be his middle name, and we know he's a pilot. Makes sense. 

9 minutes ago, marmalade said:

James might be his middle name, and we know he's a pilot. Makes sense. 

His full name is Austin Martyn Forsyth. And yes I have stalking problems lol

Well, I'm glad the little girls got to have some fun horse back riding. 

Saw the new video.... I still can't believe Joy will probably be a teen bride! Yes, Jessa was 21 when she got married, but she was only days shy of her 22nd birthday.

Despite all the age controversy, I think they look good together and make a beautiful couple. But why not wait another 2-3 years?

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Saw the new video.... I still can't believe Joy will probably be a teen bride! Yes, Jessa was 21 when she got married, but she was only days shy of her 22nd birthday.

Despite all the age controversy, I think they look good together and make a beautiful couple. But why not wait another 2-3 years?

the sooner she can start popping out blessings the more blessings she'll have. 2-3 years...thats 2 blessings right there. Holding her back from that would be going against god, lol.

7 hours ago, Pasta said:

Is Martyn pronounced like mar-teen or Mar-tin ? Why do fundies use trendy spelling??

At least it's not Austyn Martyn. 

16 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

They might be by then.  And you know a 19 year old has so much wisdom to impart  after being married a week.

Hell, Lauren Mickler nee Chapman was giving marriage advice on keeping fresh for your husband when she was like...16.    

15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I couldn't imagine going to a marriage retreat and having to hear an unmarried 19 year old in a cult speak.

Well, it's not as if the people who attend this retreat aren't in the same boat...

Maybe mom and pop Forsyth are secret car lovers ? Austin Martin sounds a lot like Aston Marten ...

15 hours ago, SHERA said:

@Kira   In what way did it hurt her?

I just wonder if fans/viewers would've been more interested in Jinger and Jeremy's story  if she had social media :shrug:. I know  some tv shows require their stars to get social media.

@picklepizzaswhen did Jill and Jessa get on social media? We're they engaged or courting?

5 minutes ago, Kira said:

I just wonder if fans/viewers would've been more interested in Jinger and Jeremy's story  if she had social media :shrug:. I know  some tv shows require their stars to get social media.

@pickledonions when did Jill and Jessa get on social media? We're they engaged or courting?

They were engaged (well in Jill's case) and almost engaged in Jessa's case, that way they could get their new name vs Duggar, no changing necessary. 

She could be getting one anytime.

The only person that got an instagram account at courting was Josiah, but no name change happening there, so it's safer/easier.

6 minutes ago, karen77 said:

They were engaged (well in Jill's case) and almost engaged in Jessa's case, that way they could get their new name vs Duggar, no changing necessary. 

She could be getting one anytime.

The only person that got an instagram account at courting was Josiah, but no name change happening there, so it's safer/easier.

Ben had massive social media while courting and people could relate to him that way. 

Yes he screwed it up  - but he had it and when he wasn't posting ravens and coffins he posted pictures.

ah ravens and coffins good times :D

there must be a reason that Jinger and Jeremy are radio silent - again- Jessa and Jill took off that burden  

17 minutes ago, Kira said:

@picklepizzaswhen did Jill and Jessa get on social media? We're they engaged or courting?

I have been thinking about your post for days.  I have to go on the team that Jinger and Jeremy were not that interesting to begin with.  They weren't the first, they weren't the second - they have a strange dynamic and they won't be the last.    

Maybe Jinger and Jeremy legit didn't want the attention. Hence no SM and public registry. I think they put up with it to get the wedding.

2 hours ago, nst said:

I have been thinking about your post for days.  I have to go on the team that Jinger and Jeremy were not that interesting to begin with.  They weren't the first, they weren't the second - they have a strange dynamic and they won't be the last.    

This, Jinger is DULL AF, she can't make up her mind and just doe as she's told. Yes she makes funny faces and rolls her eyes but that does not make ones personality. she has no education, no social skills. Jeremy gets to mold her into what ever he wants, she's a blank slate with a nice little body and is somewhat attractive, when her make up is not caked on Duggar girl style.  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived