IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

Just now, justmy2cents said:

Ok, then we'll see the courtship before the wedding happens.

I just edited my post.  I think TLC hasn't updated the page I was on.  The video at the end said Tuesdays but the 15 isn't on a Tuesday it is a Wednesday this year.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, grandmadugger said:

I just edited my post.  I think TLC hasn't updated the page I was on.  The video at the end said Tuesdays but the 15 isn't on a Tuesday it is a Wednesday this year.

Oh, OK.  That might be last year's schedule.  I think they did start in March last year.

23 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

I think Jill is at least truly happy with her choice in husband.

The only one to me that doesn't look happy with their spouse is Jessa. As much as we bemoan wasted lives, Jill, Jinger, and now Joy seem happy with their lot. Jessa's the only one who's struck me as disappointed - but maybe that's just because she and Ben have no chemistry. 

My guess is that Joy will chose a friend rather than a sister as maid of honor. The age gap is rather big between her and Jana, Jill will most likely be very pregnant or with a newborn besides being out of the country for most of the planning. Jinger is also far away and Jessa and Joy never seemned that close to me. 

I also suspect that Jana/Jill and Jessa/Jinger have an agreement about being maids of honor to each other and that leaves Joy as the odd one out.

6 minutes ago, RhythmicSkater said:

The only one to me that doesn't look happy with their spouse is Jessa. As much as we bemoan wasted lives, Jill, Jinger, and now Joy seem happy with their lot. Jessa's the only one who's struck me as disappointed - but maybe that's just because she and Ben have no chemistry. 

It's amazing how differently people interpret things. Jessa actually looks the most happy out of all of the sisters to me, and I think she and Ben have plenty of chemistry. She doesn't hang off of him like Jill hangs off of Derick, or stare at him with googly eyes and squeal "Baaaaaaaabe!" every five seconds like Jinger does with Jeremy, but I'm not sure that's indicative of a lack of chemistry. Plus, she seems to absolutely love being a mother. She seems pretty content with her lot in life to me.

23 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Heart for the Lord, marrying my best friend sounds like a broken record. (For those of us who remember what a broken record sounds like.)

Vinyl is super en vogue again, just so you know. Maybe it's moreso where I live (right outside Nashville, The Music City: see what Jack White is doing here with his recording studio/venue/record pressing place; he just built another one in Detroit). It seemed to become a huge thing again maybe a decade or so ago. My husband and I have a collection of several hundred records and we're under 30. Most of our friends do, too. It's also a cool thing I have in common with my dad. We thrift records for each other as gifts.

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

They do seem to have known eachother since they were children. And they seem to have similair interests. In a different world they would date now and see if this crush is something that can turn to love. Sadly they will find that out once they are married and have no choice but to stay together. 

They are all so young. Especially Ben. I can't belive he is born 1995, married and a father of two. I always think it's crazy when people that do adult things are born in the 90s though. Because I still think I'm in my mid 20s and that would make them children.

I still think the 90s were only 10 years ago 

:-/

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

How long have those weekends been blocked out at Fort Rock?  If they actually get married there on one of those dates wouldn't that mean that the engagement happened much sooner or would Austin have blocked out a date without Joy's input?  I can't see setting a date before the proposal.  The wedding could be taking place somewhere else so we wouldn't have a clue about a date yet.

I read on FJ that Jessa booked the church before Ben had proposed, so I guess there's precedent. But I honestly doubt they'll get married there. The Duggars do church weddings.

24 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It's amazing how differently people interpret things. Jessa actually looks the most happy out of all of the sisters to me, and I think she and Ben have plenty of chemistry. She doesn't hang off of him like Jill hangs off of Derick, or stare at him with googly eyes and squeal "Baaaaaaaabe!" every five seconds like Jinger does with Jeremy, but I'm not sure that's indicative of a lack of chemistry. Plus, she seems to absolutely love being a mother. She seems pretty content with her lot in life to me.

That's very interesting. I don't think Jessa and Ben have chemistry at all. Their joint talking heads are always awkward to watch because Jessa seems to be looking for some kind of reaction from Ben while he just stares blankly back at her. I do think she is a natural at motherhood though.

33 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

All this is pure speculation, of course, but I see it the same way. Jessa often seems less clingy than Jill, but thats just her personality. She's not the most affectionate person, but I think that she is fairly happy with Ben. 

29 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

I read on FJ that Jessa booked the church before Ben had proposed, so I guess there's precedent. But I honestly doubt they'll get married there. The Duggars do church weddings.

I was wondering about this too, would Joy even be "allowed" to get married at the camp? And does it have the capacity for the 1000+ people who are apparently mandatory at these things? I hope she would be able to get married there, since it would really suit her to have an outdoor rustic setting.

I'd also like to see her have Carlin Bates as her MOH. The other girls have all had siblings in that role and it would be really nice to see one of them have a friend instead.

They're very young. Really too young and sheltered to be getting married. I think Austin seems to be a just like Duggar boy, only from a smaller family. He just comes off awkward and aloof on camera because he didn't grow up with them permanently in every aspect of his life. 

As for the wedding, I know it's speculated that it will be at the camp in April. I doubt this. The weekend is probably booked out as his family (aka the people that run the camp) need to be present at his wedding. It could be blocked out because there's nobody there to run it.

33 minutes ago, shiverful said:

All this is pure speculation, of course, but I see it the same way. Jessa often seems less clingy than Jill, but thats just her personality. She's not the most affectionate person, but I think that she is fairly happy with Ben. 

Also, she could be like me: extremely anti PDA. I am very affectionate with my words and actions, so long as no one is present but my husband and me. (We have been married almost a year, but have been together for almost a decade). People probably think we have no chemistry either, but that's not true at all; I just don't like to feel like other people are participating in or privy to that part of me. 

52 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

They're very young. Really too young and sheltered to be getting married. I think Austin seems to be a just like Duggar boy, only from a smaller family. He just comes off awkward and aloof on camera because he didn't grow up with them permanently in every aspect of his life. 

As for the wedding, I know it's speculated that it will be at the camp in April. I doubt this. The weekend is probably booked out as his family (aka the people that run the camp) need to be present at his wedding. It could be blocked out because there's nobody there to run it.

It was confirmed by a phone call to the camp that there is a wedding being held there that weekend. We just don't know WHOSE wedding. 

Ben is a year older than #1 and already married with 2 children. 

#1is at college, works a part-time job and has a sensibly fun social life.  The thought of the possibility of him having been a father (for over a year is like Ben has been) is just bewildering. 

He has just left the house to visit the gym with his pal. They have both worked an 8 hour shift, finishing at 8pm. Eaten, chatted, drunk lots of tea and will spend an hour in the Gym. 

Poor poor poor Ben, 2 children with another eleventy to come over the next few years. That is no life for a young man.

Im too sad for him to rant. What a waste of a young life.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I completely agree. I think Jessa seems happy with her family, Jessa and Ben just seem like a practical rational couple. The thing is.. people tend to think love equals being corny and touchy feely but not everyone is, in fact sometimes love equals a peaceful calm kind of relationship.

2 hours ago, Berty K said:

At first they stated their families have been friends for 14/15 years. 

Then on the last episode, Joy said she only personal remembers meeting Austin for the first time about 5 years ago. So "knowing each other since they were children" is a real stretch imo as 5 years ago they were 14/17. 

Also very questionable of the duggars to have gone from "14/15 years" to "5" but what else is new. 

The families have been friends for 14/15 years, but Joy didn't notice Austin until he got his driver's license and started visiting alone 5 years ago.

2 hours ago, shiverful said:

My guess is that Joy will chose a friend rather than a sister as maid of honor

Being 5th of 9 girls is a tough spot. Like you said the groupings of Jana/Jill and Jessa/Jinger are pretty much already set and Johanna/Jennifer Jordyn/Josie would be no surprise in another ten years. 

My guess is Joy will be the first to have both a Matron of Honor (Jill) and a Maid of Honor (Johanna).

3 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

The families have been friends for 14/15 years, but Joy didn't notice Austin until he got his driver's license and started visiting alone 5 years ago.

But there is only Austin and his sister. So the families have been friends for 14/15 years but you completely didn't notice/remember one of their only two children until 5 years ago? Just doesn't make sense to me. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I used to think Jessa didn't look happy but the more we see her on the show and social media, she's just got serious resting bitch face that makes her look miserable, not so much that she IS miserable.  I don't think Jill is as miserable as we think she is, I think she's just childish and whiny.  Jinger is a newlywed, everything we've seen has been engagement/courtship/newlywed. They are always sappy mushy lovey dovey.  FFS DH & I have been married 20 years and he still calls me snuggle bunny.  It is what we do, lots of couples are like this. Its fun. 

3 minutes ago, Berty K said:

Being 5th of 9 girls is a tough spot. Like you said the groupings of Jana/Jill and Jessa/Jinger are pretty much already set and Johanna/Jennifer Jordyn/Josie would be no surprise in another ten years. 

My guess is Joy will be the first to have both a Matron of Honor (Jill) and a Maid of Honor (Johanna).

But there is only Austin and his sister. So the families have been friends for 14/15 years but you completely didn't notice/remember one of their only two children until 5 years ago? Just doesn't make sense to me. 

I think she meant she didn't notice him as an attractive young man until then, not that she had no memory of him.

I think Joy will choose Austin's sister as her MOH, Carlin Bates and Joy's sisters will be bridesmaids. Austin doesn't have brothers so he will probably choose JD as Best Man, seems like a fair trade.

8 minutes ago, Berty K said:

I agree with this but instead of Johanna it would be Carlin Bates. 

I just watched the World's Strictest Parents episode! I had never heard of that show until this discussion.

Does anyone know what his sister Meagan is up to now? She was 18 at the time so would probably be 25 or so now?

I agree with some of the other posters, Austin seems to be very stiff on camera, but they seem to have a lot in common and it could blossom in to something.  

6 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I think Joy will choose Austin's sister as her MOH, Carlin Bates and Joy's sisters will be bridesmaids. Austin doesn't have brothers so he will probably choose JD as Best Man, seems like a fair trade.

His sister will be a bridesmaid but I don't see her being MOH.  I think her MOH will either be Jill or Carlin unless she does the Matron and Maid of honors.  Then Jessa, Jinger, Jana, Johanna, Austins's sister that is 7 bridesmaids if she has Jenni as a Jr bridesmaid and Jodyn and Josie as flower girls. Maybe she'll have Izzy as a ring bearer? Jessa & Jinger didn't have all the sisters in the wedding so who knows what Joy will do, but I'm guessing it will be more like Jill's, since Jill raised her and all. 

4 minutes ago, merg429 said:

I just watched the World's Strictest Parents episode! I had never heard of that show until this discussion.

Does anyone know what his sister Meagan is up to now? She was 18 at the time so would probably be 25 or so now?

I agree with some of the other posters, Austin seems to be very stiff on camera, but they seem to have a lot in common and it could blossom in to something.  

She is married and pregnant, what else would she be doing? Unless she's had the baby already. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived