IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could say that I'm shocked but it was the natural progression as far as Duggars go I suppose.  Announce courtship at end of season...engagement....Counting On yet another season of wedding planning, wedding, pregnancy.  Lather. Rinse. Repeat.  *Yawn*

I'm surprised they weren't already engaged before that episode aired. Is it creepy that Austin said he's been watching Joy for years? Maybe since he was 18 and she was 13? Hopefully he meant it in a non-creepy way.

Wow. Guess she'll be pregnant by years end...:my_confused:  I always had hope for her to be the one who broke free. 

They had to announce with that "sneak peek"  so I'm guessing we are looking at a late April early May wedding?  :my_sad:  :my_sick: 

4 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wow. Guess she'll be pregnant by years end...:my_confused:  I always had hope for her to be the one who broke free. 

Me too, this one is really hard because she is the same age as my son (he's exactly 1 month younger) I can't imagine him being tied down with a wife and kid(s), so much potential wasted. 

I just read this news while sitting in the waiting room of a pediatrician's office....there are patients in here about Joy's age.

Ugh. So young. Compounded by the fact that she is so sheltered and misguided. 

I'm actually surprised that they said the engagement happened just yesterday.  I suppose Joy knew it was going to happen but just not officially when or something.  

(and Joy is  younger than my oldest kid.  Said kid is actually pretty mature in many ways but nowhere near ready to be someone's wife).

I think Austin's response to Jim Bob's question about what he likes about her was so weird. Obviously #1 was her heart for the lord, but really he couldn't come up with anything else besides "she's a diligent worker, she gets all her younger siblings working"?? Clearly he wanted to tell JB what he knew he was supposed to say. Hopefully he actually likes her for her, and not because of her reality tv "fame".

Also, I wish they would have shown her helping fix the fence instead of just standing there serving all the boys water.

UGH, this line of bull shit again. :my_rolleyes:   Well at least in her case she's know him for more than a week.  

"We just got engaged!" Duggar, 19, tells Us. "I’m so excited to be engaged to my best friend — Austin made it so romantic, it’s amazing."

Obligatory "Poor Jana" post.

At nearly 30 she'll be stuck sharing a room with only grade school-ers. 

Ugh that really makes me sad. She should be in high school looking at colleges, not getting married and turning into a baby factory. I hope she's happy, at least, and doesn't get a rude awakening  like Jilly Muffin. 

5 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I'm actually surprised that they said the engagement happened just yesterday.  I suppose Joy knew it was going to happen but just not officially when or something.  

(and Joy is  younger than my oldest kid.  Said kid is actually pretty mature in many ways but nowhere near ready to be someone's wife).

Remember they don't watch TV so it wouldn't have been hard for her NOT to see that or hear about it. 

As soon as I saw 'Family Anouncement' on FB and the fact JB and Michelle knew it was coming I guessed engagement. Inevitable after the preview. Wedding special in May/June as part of new series.

I see a late May wedding and even if she gets pregnant quickly she will be 20 when she has it.  Not shocked this is the progression of the Duggars 

On the plus side she did actually look happy in the video. I hope they don't rush on babies (small hope I know) and she can enjoy the outdoor lifestyle with him that her family tried to squash out as being too much of a tomboy.

Just now, frugalitymom said:

I see a late May wedding and even if she gets pregnant quickly she will be 20 when she has it.  Not shocked this is the progression of the Duggars 

I'm guessing it will depend on when the Dullards come back, if they are having Dullboy #2 in the states I'm not sure when they will be back but I'm guessing June at the latest, So JillyMuffin should be HUGE for this wedding. So since they just got engaged yesterday I'm going to say late May early June wedding.  When did J&D get married? 

I am not surprised at all but I'm super disappointed. I don't know what I was hoping would happen but I'm still disappointed. She's so young. 

Oh good grief...another ill-educated couple who will spawn yet another ill-educated generation...how many of these will we have to endure? These children are not grown up enough to do adult things like get married..

As Duggar marriages go, they do seem to be very happy and very comfortable with each other. Just the way Joy talks about him and and stuff isn't joyless and robotic like some of the other courtship/engagement announcements...Still, 19!  I'm only a year older than her!

2 minutes ago, Dogalog said:

Jim Bob is quickly running out of daughters though...

True...the rest of the girls (except Jana) are too young to be married off. Time to get some of the boys out of the house too. 

5 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Oh good grief...another ill-educated couple who will spawn yet another ill-educated generation...how many of these will we have to endure? These children are not grown up enough to do adult things like get married..

On the upside, at least Joy and Austin are, so far, subjectively "nice" compared to Jessa/Ben and Jill/Derick who rub rub rub the wrong way all day. 

Jill and Derrick got married June 21.

The announcement said yesterday, but was it really filmed today? We know what the Duggars are like for timescales.

12 weeks from today is a late May/early June wedding.

Maybe there are two boys courting Caldwells and they can do a tacky double wedding for the end of the year as Jessa and Joy announce pregnancies and Jinger awaits No.1 Baby Vuolo.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived