IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

7 minutes ago, RabbitKM said:

I just thought of something.. maybe the Dullards $24k is actually for the wedding? 

That is taking Jill as MOTB to a new level. LOL! 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This, Jinger is DULL AF, she can't make up her mind and just doe as she's told. Yes she makes funny faces and rolls her eyes but that does not make ones personality. she has no education, no social skills. Jeremy gets to mold her into what ever he wants, she's a blank slate with a nice little body and is somewhat attractive, when her make up is not caked on Duggar girl style.  

and that is my point.  Jinger is far from interesting. she doesn't have the role of media queen as Jessa does.

Even Jill's instagram posts are not that entertaining.  Who needs to see a kid with weird black marks.
jessa knows what makes her popular and spud and henry.

Jinge has her assigned role.

I suspect we will never see her and Jeremy have an account - apart from what DFO shares with or without them

23 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I couldn't imagine going to a marriage retreat and having to hear an unmarried 19 year old in a cult speak.

Well, they all sound kinda same, before marriage, three months after, six months after, twenty years after. If no individual though is allowed, what's the difference, who delivers catch phrases? 

On 3/3/2017 at 6:22 PM, nickelodeon said:

Joy, Joy, Joy, look at your life! Look at your choices!

Choices?  What choices?

8 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Hell, Lauren Mickler nee Chapman was giving marriage advice on keeping fresh for your husband when she was like...16.    

Keeping fresh?  Oh that skives me out. Like she is saying how to keep washed or something.

When I was in my 20s if some guy I was dating asked my father for  permission he would have snorted, given the guy a disgusted look, rolled his eyes and walked away.  He then would have questioned me on what kind of idiot would ask the father for permission  when the girl was like 22 years old?

Just now, onekidanddone said:

When I was in my 20s if some guy I was dating asked my father for  permission he would have snorted, given the guy a disgusted look, rolled his eyes and walked away.  He then would have questioned me on what kind of idiot would ask the father for permission  when the girl was like 22 years old?

My mom told me that if I was on the track to marriage, she would be okay with a guy asking for a blessing from both of them, but if there was any hint of unilateral stuff for my dad or any talk of permission, she would physically throw the guy out of the house, "literally on his ear," as she said. :P

She was awesome, and I miss her a lot. I wish these girls had someone even close to that in their lives.

I have to say, out of all of the Duggar marriages so far, this one seems the most relaxed & real.   Jessa and Ben probably a close second.  Jill and Derek and Josh and Anna  just seemed so "I just drank the Kool-Aid" forced.

Joy and Austen are cute together. But she's only 19!!!!  How old is he?

Just now, Stacie said:

Joy and Austen are cute together. But she's only 19!!!!  How old is he?

He's 23 years old.

41 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I'm 23.

If a guy approaced my dad asking to date/"court" me, I think he would laugh so, so hard that the entire earth would shake, and people around the world would understand that someone was stupid enough to think I was a possession of my dad and not a human being.

It's Wednesday here, so Happy International Women's day! We just had a talk at work to celebrate this. The Duggar women certainly could have benefited from it.

LOL....my father did this. For shits and giggles, my husband asked my father for permission. The expression on his face was priceless!!

I haven't been following the latest courtship/engagement in Duggarhell.  Is Austin a sanctimonious asshole like Derek and Ben?

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

I haven't been following the latest courtship/engagement in Duggarhell.  Is Austin a sanctimonious asshole like Derek and Ben?

Don't know much about Austin, but his father sure seems to be.

I was 23 years old when I got engaged, and my now husband asked my dad for permission to get married. He thought it would be respectful since my dad is an old school Mexican dude and I'm the baby in the family. My dad looked at him all confused and said "why are you asking me? You ask her to marry you, it's up to her, not me." It was not the answer my husband was expecting, lol. 

My husband asked my dad for permission after we'd been married for 8-9 years and had 2 kids (because it was his first face to face, not telephone meeting with my dad). Daddy said, "Its a little late now..but I suppose..its okay.

My dad was the first person to find out when Mr Jiraffe and I got engaged. We got engaged late at night and called my parents the next morning, and my dad picked up...my mom wasn't home but I didn't want to wait til they could both be there so I just blurted it out. My dad was extremely happy for us (we had been together 5 years and lived together for 4), and as we were talking my hubby jokingly said "Wait, should I ask permission?" I thought it would be hilarious so I handed him the phone. My dad was like "Well, seeing as she already said yes, I guess it's okay." :my_smile:

My hubby is many years older than myself and consequently is not that much younger than my dad. Like less than 10 years. So the whole thing was just super comical to watch, and they call each other Daddy and Sonny Boy now. Lol!

7 hours ago, SPHASH said:

On World's Strictest Parents, his dad browbeat the "wayward" 15-year-old girl into going to church (she was Jewish) and made some incredibly creepy comments about why she needed to dress modestly (and the girl rightly said that he was being ridiculous). Austin "made a vow" not to look upon an immodest woman and was doing the "if I put this pillow on my lap, no one can see that I have a raging stiffie" maneuver when she was walking around in a skirt that came above her knees.

On 2017-03-07 at 8:50 AM, eveandadam said:

Saw the new video.... I still can't believe Joy will probably be a teen bride! Yes, Jessa was 21 when she got married, but she was only days shy of her 22nd birthday.

Despite all the age controversy, I think they look good together and make a beautiful couple. But why not wait another 2-3 years?

If I was 19 and in love (and I really, really hope she is) I wouldn't want to wait 3 years to front hug either ... 

I am very much a hugger though. And would probably front hug all of you if we met in real life with no regards to your gender. The Duggars would probably be as chocked and appalled by my heathen lifestyle that I am by theirs. :my_biggrin:

If anyone asked my father for permission to date/marry me me, he'd have looked at them like they had 4 heads and told them to get the hell out of his house if they have so little respect for me that they feel the need to ask HIM if I am allowed to do something when I'm a grown ass adult woman. 

My Dad is a surly German with the accent, so it would be extra terrifying for them.

Thankfully Mr LBE had more sense than that. 

On 3/7/2017 at 5:50 PM, eveandadam said:

Saw the new video.... I still can't believe Joy will probably be a teen bride! Yes, Jessa was 21 when she got married, but she was only days shy of her 22nd birthday.

Despite all the age controversy, I think they look good together and make a beautiful couple. But why not wait another 2-3 years?

If it wasn't the only way they could actually have sex, they could wait 2-3 years, but alas.....

Not sure what the idea that Joy will be living some kind of outdoor life chopping wood and pitching tents is based upon. I expect she will still be indoors cooking and cleaning and generating offspring. Wimmins work still needs doing even at a family camp...

I doubt it would make much difference if they were older - they still wouldn't have spent a single second alone together or been able to have any conversation that wasn't monitored by someone else even if they were both 30. 

I have only been reading every few pages on here. Each time I think these people always teach bible literal interpretations....yet leave and clever must not be in the KJV of the Bible.

Good grief Joy is just going from one compound to a new bigger one with paying guests. 

Joy has always been my favorite Duggar,  I wish so much more for her. Like today, go out and just listen to stories of women out in the world. (She would have to shut off the Duggar brainwashing track looping in her head.)

17 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

That is taking Jill as MOTB to a new level. LOL! 

I approve that theory strictly because it amuses me to picture Jill as the frazzled mother of the bride. Also, because it's kind of nice to think Joy will have a mother present who actually loves and cares about her. Too bad her sisters didn't get that too.

(Wait... never mind... just remembered they're from a family of massive sanctimonious assholes. I don't feel bad for them anymore.)

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

On World's Strictest Parents, his dad browbeat the "wayward" 15-year-old girl into going to church (she was Jewish) and made some incredibly creepy comments about why she needed to dress modestly (and the girl rightly said that he was being ridiculous). Austin "made a vow" not to look upon an immodest woman and was doing the "if I put this pillow on my lap, no one can see that I have a raging stiffie" maneuver when she was walking around in a skirt that came above her knees.

Yep, I remember the clip of Austin covering his lap with a pillow. Wonder where those 2 teens are now?

My husband went to talk to my dad before he proposed to be because hubby is a very traditional Englishman. I'm not sure if it was so much asking though, maybe more letting him know and keeping him in the loop. I don't have the strongest relationship with my dad, so the whole "permission" thing is pretty moot anyway. Either way, my dad said he was really surprised he was approached for that conversation anyway.

I get the patriarchal history of asking permission, and I'm glad times aren't like that anymore and that many women have free will when choosing who to be with. But knowing how important certain traditions are to my husband, I'm okay with the fact that he spoke with my dad. He just wouldn't have felt right not  having that conversation, and I personally don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Of course, Mr. Front Hugs and I did most of the ring shopping together, and my dad was more upset that I didn't tell him about that. What was I supposed to say though? Hey Dad- At some point I'm going to get proposed to in the next year. Go me! :confused2:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived