IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

I haven't seen this commented on yet, at least not in the Joy and Austin threads. Did anyone else catch that they were speaking at the Fort Rock Marriage Retreat this past weekend (March 3-5) along with Jim Bob & Michelle?

Following up on the link indicated that the retreat in question was the one this past weekend.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joy and Austin are participating in a marriage retreat??? I have no words.

39 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

I haven't seen this commented on yet, at least not in the Joy and Austin threads. Did anyone else catch that they were speaking at the Fort Rock Marriage Retreat this past weekend (March 3-5) along with Jim Bob & Michelle?

Following up on the link indicated that the retreat in question was the one this past weekend.

What could they possibly say about marriage at a marriage retreat when THEY AREN'T EVEN MARRIED?

I assume they want Joy to understand her role beforehand and not get any crazy ideas [emoji58]

On 3/4/2017 at 10:29 PM, MarblesMom said:

Their TH reminds me a lot of Kate + 8 when K would completely take her husband DOWN.  Jessa is about a half level away from completely eviscerating him on air.   JMHO.

Kate was/is a manipulative control freak. I can see Jessa doing this to Bin if he pisses her off enough.  I sort of felt bad for Jon (not so much anymore but still some) Kate's domineering personality, and he's kind of wishy washy, and allowed her to control everything, but he NEEDS someone in charge of him since it is obvious he can't seem to do it for himself.  That said she SHOULD be able to be in charge of him self, he's like Jill in this he can't adult until another adult is present. But I feel sorry that he can't afford to have a place of the ids to come stay with him, he pays child support to Kate (which he should) but last I heard he lived in a 1 bedroom apartment, but seriously where the hell is going to work where he can afford TWO HOMES (we all know Kate ain't getting job any time soon) to house 8 kids properly?  The guy is screwed until he turns 18, and he doesn't' have the balls to stand up to kate, so he never sees his kids, and that is on him, but I'm sure Kate spends lots and lots of time tell them what a horrible person he is so they don't want to see him either.  He had to go on TV and shame her into telling him where Collin was, that wasn't right for her to say nothing to him. I don't know if he is just a perpetual victim or if Kate is that much of a bulldozer but I'm sure it is somewhere in the middle of these two.  

4 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

What could they possibly say about marriage at a marriage retreat when THEY AREN'T EVEN MARRIED?

Nothing, but they sure as shit can use some sane advice. I'm close enough I wish my husband wasn't so hatey against them I'd make him go and boy could us ebil liburals give them heck. I would wear a gopro and share their reactions and our getting thrown out with you.  :evil-laugh:  AND DH and I have been married for almost 21 years. So we are legit married people. 

Damn the retreat was this past weekend. I was really going to mess with them and put Head of House hold put My name my spouce, put DH's name. :pb_lol:

My opinion is that Joy probably hinted to Austin that she was open to a courtship,  because she wanted the hell out of there, since it would only be her and Jane wrangling the kids and chores.  

I was so sad during her "graduation" episode, when the producer asked her what her future plans were (you know,  typical question to ask a high school grad,  which gets an answer like college, work, travel...)and Joy said she was going to help momma with the little kids,  and her brothers come up with business ideas for them,  and she wasn't going to college or anything like that.  She looked absolutely dejected,  and I got the feeling she asked to go to college, and got turned down.  

This one bothers me so much,  because the other girls seemed older and more self assured. Joy is so sheltered,  and docile. 

39 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Joy and Austin are participating in a marriage retreat??? I have no words.

Didn't you know they were married last week - gives them what a week experience

fascinating things to teach us like how much toliet paper costs

and Jessa and Ben and the twins added their congrats video

jessa is confusing spurgy with Henry already

keep it going Jessa

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Jill is due in July, so they'll probably be back in early June. Joy will wait so Jill can be in/at the wedding.

I think the wedding will be in late May early June depending on when the Dullards return. I would think they would have to come back 5 to 6 weeks before her due date. I don't think you can even get on a plane if you are more 36 weeks pregnant or more, the airline won't allow it, to much risk. So she'd have to come home by 34/35 weeks, at the latest depending on when she is due will be late May or early June. 

39 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

They might be by then.  And you know a 19 year old has so much wisdom to impart  after being married a week.

1 hour ago, Gillyweed said:

And since that Facebook post is from Jan 31, they weren't even (publically?) engaged yet, let alone married!

28 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

They might be by then.  And you know a 19 year old has so much wisdom to impart  after being married a week.

Actually, if they're not lying about the timeline and spoke on Saturday, they'd have been ENGAGED all of TWO DAYS! 

3 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Actually, if they're not lying about the timeline and spoke on Saturday, they'd have been ENGAGED all of TWO DAYS! 

True enough, I meant at the time of the announcement not the retreat, but yeah, now I'm wondering if the retreat had anything to do with the timing of the proposal?

2 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

True enough, I meant at the time of the announcement not the retreat, but yeah, I wonder if the retreat had anything to do with the timing of the proposal?

Wouldn't surprise me. Thus begins a long, fruitful, mutually profitable association between the Duggars/TLC and the Forsyths/Fort Rock. Coming in 2037, "50 Kids and Camping"! The Fort Rock campers enjoy fun, fellowship, and trying to figure out who's related!

I couldn't imagine going to a marriage retreat and having to hear an unmarried 19 year old in a cult speak.

1. I'm guessing they'll be married in June.

2. I predict Joy will have social media and maybe a wedding registry. I think the lack of social media "hurt" Jinger.

3. I thought Joy and Austin would get engaged closer to the new season. I  wonder what will be announced before the new season.

On 3/5/2017 at 2:45 PM, ModestisHottest said:

A quick look at the gallery on the Fort Rock Family Camp website revealed what looks like a rustic chapel.  Since all the kids seem to have gotten married at different churches, maybe that chapel would do?  On the other hand it doesn't really look big enough to accommodate 1000 people...

I can see the Duggars claiming the entire family camp property is functionally a church, so it's OK to have the ceremony either outdoors or in the large event hall at the camp (3,000 sq ft according to the website).

18 minutes ago, Kira said:

2. I predict Joy will have social media and maybe a wedding registry. I think the lack of social media "hurt" Jinger.

3. I thought Joy and Austin would get engaged closer to the new season. I  wonder what will be announced before the new season.

Fort Rock has 6/5-8 blocked off as reserved, but that's during the week. However, weekday fundie weddings aren't unheard of...

They have Family Camp weekends set up for every other weekend in June and two in early July, which would likely be too close to Jilly Muffin's delivery to risk. If the wedding is on a weekend, who runs the camp?

33 minutes ago, Kira said:

Jinger's pregnancy announcement of course!

On 2017-03-04 at 10:37 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I still think the 90s were only 10 years ago 

:-/

Me too. All the time! In the same way that I think I was a teenager ten years ago. :pb_lol:

On 2017-03-05 at 0:29 AM, HermioneSparrow said:

I completely agree. I think Jessa seems happy with her family, Jessa and Ben just seem like a practical rational couple. The thing is.. people tend to think love equals being corny and touchy feely but not everyone is, in fact sometimes love equals a peaceful calm kind of relationship.

I get uncomfortable with too much touchy feely love. I'm more of a ”I told you I love you and I'll tell you if that changes” kind of girl. 

I think me and Mr Way would look horribly missmatched on tv. But we work just fine in real life. 

1 hour ago, Kira said:

@Kira   In what way did it hurt her?

1 hour ago, Kira said:

hurt jinger how? - because she seems so out of touch already and now no media presence makes her seems what detached 

THere's another video on People about the proposal. Apparently the lost girls were chaperoning while he proposed. I didn't watch it. Someone else?

4 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

THere's another video on People about the proposal. Apparently the lost girls were chaperoning while he proposed. I didn't watch it. Someone else?

What?! A bunch of little sisters tagging along for a proposal? :my_confused:

The house flipper opted to go casual for the moment he asked the Counting On start to be his wife, surprising her on the equestrian trails in their native Arkansas — with 19-year-old Joy-Anna’s younger sisters along for the ride!

“We were going to go horse riding, and I decided to bring Johannah and Jennifer along … to be the chaperones for this date,” Joy-Anna reveals.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived