IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

18 hours ago, luxfilia said:

Ooops, thanks to the moderator who corrected my gif not being behind a spoiler. I suck at forumish stuff. :'(

Also, they were explaining how a couple grows closer to each other as they grow closer to God, in a triangular relationship. :/

Joy and Austin in a threesome with God. Sounds dirty. 

And the fact that my mind went right there is one of the many reasons my husband and I are not even in the triangle ...

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I can't answer for @front hugs > duggs - But husband and I shopped together too. We looked at rings we both liked and got my finger sized. He went back later and ordered the ring he thought we both liked best (he picked right. Lol!)

Worked for us because husband was super worried about buying a ring because it's a ton of money and I don't really enjoy big surprises.

I bought my own ring. It was on clearance and they wouldn't hold it. My husband (then fiance) was really annoyed, but he got over it.

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I bought my own ring. It was on clearance and they wouldn't hold it. My husband (then fiance) was really annoyed, but he got over it.

Mr Way asked without a ring. He knows me well enough to know I'm a bit of a control freak. :)

We had our rings designed by a jewler and that is my best tip for future brides! We both got exactly what we wanted. They are only ours and they where not that expensive. They were actually cheaper then my favourite brand one. 

In Sweden you traditionally exchange rings when you get engaged. And we did that. We didn't do the traditional plain gold bands though. Then I got a weddingband, made by the same jewler, for the wedding. Mr Way opted to have a tattoo instead. (That's not a Swedish tradition.)

It really doesn't seem as though the family is thrilled about the engagement. No public video on the Vuolo website...but they had congrats up to Joe already last night. Hmmn....

42 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

It really doesn't seem as though the family is thrilled about the engagement. No public video on the Vuolo website...but they had congrats up to Joe already last night. Hmmn....

I don't know why this keeps getting said.  They put up a video on Jeremy's FB account. 

49 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

Of course the family is thrilled about the engagement. It wouldn't have happened if Jim Bob didn't want it. The rest of them will smile the smile and think nothing of it. They knew it was coming when they announced the courtship. 

@RabbitKM I picked out my own ring. Mr. Puma and I had lived together for like 7 years and he wanted to get married just to make things official. Second marriage for both of us so it wasn't a huge deal. But I am a control freak and would not be happy with someone surprising me with a ring I was supposed to wear the rest of my life. I was on vacation in Vegas with my sister and found the perfect ring in a pawn shop. I called and told him I was buying it and he said OK. Super romantic. Lol

My ring was originally my fiance's great grandmother's and then it was his grandmother's. Since it is an antique, I actually got a second ring for Christmas this past year. 

Regarding asking a parent for permission to marry, my fiance drove to my mother's house to ask since he knew my mom's opinion meant a lot to me. He called my dad on the day before and told him that the proposal was happening. Neither of my sisters have a good relationship with my dad so I will be the only daughter he walks down the aisle (in less than six months!) 

I'm loving the ring stories! I feel the same way that it is something that you are going to be wearing on your hand for your whole life, so you should probably have some say in what it looks like. My SO and I have started casually browsing rings online, so he has a pretty good idea of what I like and don't like. But I kinda still want to try them on in person, to see what they look like on my actual hand.

My husband and I got my engagement ring custom-made at a local rock-and-gem store that had a jewelry-maker on staff.  My stone is a heart-shaped turquoise.  It was so fun when we went in to get the finished product, and the other staff gathered around because they heard about it and wanted to see how it turned out.  It was very inexpensive, which has gotten my husband some flack from people.  Like the time that he was meeting with our insurance agent . . .

Agent:  We can also insure other valuable items you own.  For example, did you give your wife an engagement ring?

Husband:  Yes.

Agent:  How much did that set you back?

Husband:  $160

Agent:  WHAT?!? Dear G-d, man, what is wrong with you?

10 hours ago, Pasta said:

I wonder if Jeremy realizes how stupid the videos are so that's why the impersonal signature?

He's branding themselves as The Vuolos in order to not be branded as Jeremy and Jinger Duggar. It's a smart move from a PR and marketing perspective. They need to erase Duggar from almost everything they do and create their own Vuolo identity. (That's if they plan on having any independence, credibility, or careers beyond Counting On.) Jim Bob is the face of the Duggar brand and name, and he is PR poison to a mainstream audience. 

The Vuolos can market themselves as  half city/country chic, espresso guzzling to the point of being lit, passionate about their ministry with Jingers photographs to prove it.

Can-not-wait -Really!

joy and Austin, I do have interest in how this pans out bc Austin seems genuinely taken by Joy and Joy looks 'happy'!   I like the Austin character, he has a job even.  That kind of good looking without trying look.  Just a genuine about all things feel to him.  

I think we did ring talk and pics in another thread a few months back, didn't we? 

Or I am just dreaming this?

9 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

joy and Austin, I do have interest in how this pans out bc Austin seems genuinely taken by Joy and Joy looks 'happy'!   I like the Austin character, he has a job even.  That kind of good looking without trying look.  Just a genuine about all things feel to him.  

I hope you're right and it works out happily for them. 

I know I shouldn't have a soft spot for any of these people but I can't help but have a small one for Joy. She was born in a very awkward place in the birth order and was too young to fit in with the J slaves but too old to fit in with the Lost Girls by the time they came along. So she made friends with her brothers she was close in age to and grew up tomboyish.  This wouldn't matter in most families, but she was born into a culture where beings anything other than super girly is unacceptable for those with a vagina once you hit double digits. 

I feel bad for her when I think about the way she was forced to change and become a "proper girl" had her spark beaten out of her while Joe/Si/Jed/Jer got to keep playing in the mud and having the girls wait on them hand and foot. And being so young, I imagine it was pretty emotionally confusing for her.

With Austin being an outdoorsy type, I'm hoping this means she gets to "be herself" a bit and enjoy the things she likes. And if he has known her since she was a child,  I'm hoping that means he likes and accepts her the way she is. 

She's one of the fundies whose happiness I can't help but root for a little. Idk, she deserves to be happy. 

(I still wish she ran away to live with Amy when she turned 18 but alas.......)

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

She LIKES Austin, she only likes Ben, she's 19 young, don't you remember how you were around guy friends vs your guy?

Nope, I honestly don't. but that might have something to do with the fact high school was all girls Catholic run by nuns. My freshman year in college I did date but was pretty focused on school. Darn college prep schools. 

19 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I think we did ring talk and pics in another thread a few months back, didn't we? 

Or I am just dreaming this?

Yes, I think we did.  I can't remember when/which thread though. 

I can't really feel sorry for them because I believe any of those kids could push over Jim Bob or Michelle and just leave.  They have enough fame, the parents take trips, they could easily escape if they wanted.  It's not Alcatraz.  Joy probably was grouped with her brothers in age and played with them and to fit in, that's what she did.  They choose to stay home for a reason.  Look how many kids run away.  Also one could probably pawn many items and make a run for it.  I'm not against folks being different.  My cousin was 17 and his wife 15 when they got married (I won't tell you why they married so young) but they are 45 and 43 now still happily married with 6 kids.  So it's about your commitment maturity not so much your age.  A lot of 25 year olds divorced by 35 nowadays.  

I agree people can leave, but it is important to remember the barriers they might see that are stopping them: isolation from siblings they care about, lack of education/work experience, fear of sinning (they are ultimately brainwashed devout Christians), lack of money (Kim Jong Boob control system/has access to the money), lack of knowledge of where to access support and help if they leave. I think it is a little to simplistic to say "just leave" to indoctrinated kids with no real education who are not allowed friends outside the cult or uncensored internet access. 

1 hour ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I agree people can leave, but it is important to remember the barriers they might see that are stopping them: isolation from siblings they care about, lack of education/work experience, fear of sinning (they are ultimately brainwashed devout Christians), lack of money (Kim Jong Boob control system/has access to the money), lack of knowledge of where to access support and help if they leave. I think it is a little to simplistic to say "just leave" to indoctrinated kids with no real education who are not allowed friends outside the cult or uncensored internet access. 

I can understand that if it were David Koresh type cult where only a few people could leave the compound and marriage meant you were devoted to David.  I don't see the Duggars like that, different but not that different, homeschooled is my biggest problem with it or the craziest they get. . The Duggars have been everywhere or have been exposed to things I think.  Certainly Josh found his way on the internet but as adults they do what they want but I'm not a big critic bc I know they aren't perfect bc only Jesus is and I find society the misinformed when they rejoice in people's imperfectness as if they expect people to be.  That concept is why Jesus talks about judging bc they always judge people's 'perfectness' and no one is perfect like him until his kingdom comes which is the only place the homeschooled are right ...even over the Princeton, Harvard education - the irony is hilarious.  

society fights back with but you claim these religious ideals but you, yourself a sinner.... And Jesus told Paul, the chief of all sinners, to spread the gospel (speak the words)  of just a Perfect God who sends a perfect savior..who then makes godly children.  The point being its 2017 and nobody understands it yet and I laugh til I cry whenever religion wars start in press.

Joshua (Yeshua) the deliverer 'important'!  You have heard deliver us from evil..And Caleb I think are judged as sinless.  Everyone else speaking Gods word was a sinner even Abraham who lied or you have heard about the Jews.  being perfected is about perfect judgment as well as being sinless.  Paul was explaining the path of salvation that was being foretold but he wasn't perfect, he was even in prison or not in perfect situation.  Sinners are told by God to spread the word - ever heard of the Jews, God started liking Gentiles even lol.  I love Jewish people tho bc it's a representation of the entire world.  Society needs to catch up on that fact.  Ends rant.  Sorry I got amped aboud'it.

or Israel is like a mustard seed, you plant the faith there and it grows and grows into something quite large

or to be spreading the gospel as a sinner is the way, where society calls you a hypocrite but Jesus says society is the hypocrite bc only he is perfect and they are using wooden pagan false, Solomon and wood worship, eyes.

Wormwood, pagan wood eyes...greater than Solomon will come..Solomon brilliant but also went into wood worship or idolatry.  Joshua (yeshua) and Caleb sinless, Jesus is called perfect tho because of judgment. Jesus a friend to sinners, not a jailer, society is the jailer...but you must speak the words as he is them and confess the wood out my eyes essentially.  Or why Jesus is called Savior, friend to sinners.  Hate is of Satan.  If you hate or condemn any sinner you have wood in your eyes (meaning you are trying to be God and execute perfect judgment) much like David Koresh made his own shrine to himself not to God.  Ever heard of Satan?   those who cast the first stone etc - simple concept society forgets bc they struggle for power instead of all people dropping saying they are imperfect people.

40 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I don't understand either of the last two posts.  Do they have anything to do with Joy and Austin?

Me either but she or he signed up for this.

3 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

I can understand that if it were David Koresh type cult where only a few people could leave the compound and marriage meant you were devoted to David.  I don't see the Duggars like that, different but not that different, homeschooled is my biggest problem with it or the craziest they get. . The Duggars have been everywhere or have been exposed to things I think.  Certainly Josh found his way on the internet but as adults they do what they want but I'm not a big critic bc I know they aren't perfect bc only Jesus is and I find society the misinformed when they rejoice in people's imperfectness as if they expect people to be.  That concept is why Jesus talks about judging bc they always judge people's 'perfectness' and no one is perfect like him until his kingdom comes which is the only place the homeschooled are right ...even over the Princeton, Harvard education - the irony is hilarious.  

I'm sorry. I understand English, Spanish, French, and German, but not "Bible". 

@LawsonBatesEgo Megan Phelps-Roper said similar in a TED talk she gave about leaving the Westboro Baptist Church. She said it was such  a wrench because she knew that leaving would be an irreversible decision which would cut her off from the only people she knew and loved and who loved her.

(The reason she decided to leave? Learning about other perspectives thorough the arguments and debates she engaged in on Twitter. It's interesting that it was extended interactions with the world 'outside' that were the impetus).

5 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

The Vuolos can market themselves as  half city/country chic, espresso guzzling to the point of being lit, passionate about their ministry with Jingers photographs to prove it.

Can-not-wait -Really!

Austin may have a job and look happy with Joy, but if you watch World's Strictest Parents, his dad's an absolute nut and until he proves otherwise, I will assume the worst, and assume that Austin will hold similar views about modesty (ever watch a middle-aged man tell a 15-year-old girl that her perfectly normal dress is inciting lust within him and his teenage son?), dating (dating is evil and slutty), and religion (it's perfectly OK to force a Jewish girl who is clearly uncomfortable with your beliefs go to church with you).

Good luck out there, ofAustin.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived