IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

I can't see Jessa or Ben being forced to do anything, honestly.  So I can't say how forced it was and Derick didn't look hog tied either but I could be blind I suppose.

sorry about being long winded earlier.  I work overnight, isolated and bored so I figured why not.  

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LawsonBatesEgo said:

I'm sorry. I understand English, Spanish, French, and German, but not "Bible". 

I think the translation is something like, "I don't criticize the Duggars because only Jesus is perfect. Everyone else trying to spread God's word is imperfect. We shouldn't judge them for their errors because Jesus chose Paul, the biggest sinner of all, to spread Christianity."

Not sure about the homeschooling bit at the end, but it sounds suspiciously to me like homeschoolers will be 'right' at the end because they had the right beliefs and were saved. People who went to Ivy League schools,  to so much?

54 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think the translation is something like, "I don't criticize the Duggars because only Jesus is perfect. Everyone else trying to spread God's word is imperfect. We shouldn't judge them for their errors because Jesus chose Paul, the biggest sinner of all, to spread Christianity."

Not sure about the homeschooling bit at the end, but it sounds suspiciously to me like homeschoolers will be 'right' at the end because they had the right beliefs and were saved. People who went to Ivy League schools,  to so much?

Bingo!  And that Solomon was the most brilliant of all but he fell due to his foreign wives and making wooden idols.  Wormwood is a star, the seal of Solomon is a star, both phrases in New Testament ..Wood in the eyes. The seal of Solomon isn't like the Star of David.  The point being those who think they have it all figured out are even wrong.  The smartest are not right when talking about God.

if any are familiar with the bible or New Testament, they have to rebuild the temple without the wood bc Solomon set up wooden idols.  That's why you should look for Jesus when they start rebuilding ..remove the wood

that is what I was trying to convey ...Jesus breaks the seals and so on

or greater than Solomon is here...that's what Jesus is explaining

16 minutes ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

Bingo!  And that Solomon was the most brilliant of all but he fell due to his foreign wives and making wooden idols.  Wormwood is a star, the seal of Solomon is a star, both phrases in New Testament ..Wood in the eyes. The seal of Solomon isn't like the Star of David.  The point being those who think they have it all figured out are even wrong.  The smartest are not right when talking about God.

It must be so convenient for the stupidest to have God to turn to. 

36 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

It must be so convenient for the stupidest to have God to turn to. 

Isn't it.. because in early times they did rain dance and so on ... They drank animal blood to be one with the squirrel and whatever.  They named stars fictional characters ...Orion shines tonight real well ...look honey 

they sun tanned for the peaceful easy feeling or what about sun worship what else did they do.  They actually did ring around the rosey around wooden statues for blessings ....   I'm glad just the stupid rely on God

16 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

Just curious, how did going ring shopping together work? Did you both go and pick out what you liked, and he bought it later and kept it a secret? Or did you know he had it? Where you still "surprised'? 

Sorry for the questions, don't feel pressured to answer, I am just curious :) 

Sorry I'm a little late for this- I know we've moved on, but I didn't want to be rude and ignore your question!

I am just kind of very picky and knew what I wanted, which maybe wasn't the most typical style. I also had no idea what my ring size was. We went to the jeweler together and with him and the jeweler I specified that I liked this part of one ring, mixed with this part of another ring. So I had a vague idea of what to expect, but the ring was made just for me, so I didn't know how it would turn out. Also, hubby added something of his own that I didn't know about. We probably looked in like October, but he didn't buy the ring or propose until June/July. So it was more, I have a feeling this will happen in the next year, but was still very surprised when it did happen :)

I included pics because I was still only lurking when everyone did their ring pics last time. I have a cushion cut, split shank, halo ! I wanted two bands because I am weird and like symmetry. 

Spoiler

image1.JPG

Spoiler

image2.JPG

23 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'd like a toke of whatever @I.SignedUpforthis is smoking.

:) It's beginning to look rather that way.  I was thinking :tw_wine: though.

9 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Or I am just dreaming this?

No.  It happened.  I couldn't join in because I never got an engagement ring - we were too damn broke at the time.  My wedding ring cost $14 in 1979.

We are still happily married though.  Quite mind blowing considering Mr. P's negligence.  :laughing-rolling:

I'm not here to fight about religion or push beliefs...but take the case of Easter Island, Isle de Pascua for some, what if in isolation, humans instinctively take to worship of some sort ..whether it be sun, animal or stone.  So Easter islanders made huge statues of faces, using all their natural resources, cutting down trees to move their stone statues to where no birds or bugs could live on the island and the humans ate each other until none left.  Is that more stupid than God worship in your minds - I would say most definitely maybe at least 

10 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

He's branding themselves as The Vuolos in order to not be branded as Jeremy and Jinger Duggar. It's a smart move from a PR and marketing perspective. They need to erase Duggar from almost everything they do and create their own Vuolo identity. (That's if they plan on having any independence, credibility, or careers beyond Counting On.) Jim Bob is the face of the Duggar brand and name, and he is PR poison to a mainstream audience. 

Haha, poor Jeremy. He will always be Jinger Duggar's husband :P 

17 minutes ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

I'm not here to fight about religion or push beliefs...but take the case of Easter Island, Isle de Pascua for some, what if in isolation, humans instinctively take to worship of some sort ..whether it be sun, animal or stone.  So Easter islanders made huge statues of faces, using all their natural resources, cutting down trees to move their stone statues to where no birds or bugs could live on the island and the humans ate each other until none left.  Is that more stupid than God worship in your minds - I would say most definitely maybe at least 

Well given that much of the Christian right in the USA is all for fossil fuels and mass consumption and tonnes of plastic use, because Jesus will magically come and repair the environment, I think it's very much the same thing as Easter Island, just on a scale which is going to destroy the planet *shrug*

2 hours ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

if any are familiar with the bible or New Testament, they have to rebuild the temple without the wood bc Solomon set up wooden idols.  That's why you should look for Jesus when they start rebuilding ..remove the wood

I am extremely familiar with the Bible and you make absolutely no sense. 

You really think we shouldn't judge the Duggars or any fundie? Do you even go here? Did you realize you were signing up for Free JInger?

30 minutes ago, I.SignedUpforthis said:

Is that more stupid than God worship in your minds - I would say most definitely maybe at least 

Fundie God worship like the Duggars and half of America? Yep. Why wouldn't it be? 

I am one with the Whale.

I'm rather rusty on the rest of this stuff.

::Reaching for my copy of Frazer's The Golden Bough:  A Study in Magic and Religion::

I haven't see Wicker Man, but Noah's Ark story is pretty ridiculous. 

Which is stupider:believing that a donkey talked or believing that Indigo Children exist? 

I am one with the wind. 

What is going on? Is everyone on this thread on drugs today...

...... or is it just me :P

(Actually I'm waiting at the dentist for a cleaning, my least favorite thing :()

I haven't had this much fun since the Gnostic Bishop.  And it is Friday.

:popcorn:

I am one with the magnificent red panda. 

Noah's Ark is stupider! There would be nothing left and they didn't even take a unicorn! 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Noah's Ark is stupider! There would be nothing left and they didn't even take a unicorn!

Get thee to the Ark Encounter!  Yes, they did take a unicorn.  And dragons!

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived