IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@Bethella, sometimes you scare me with your encyclopedic knowledge!

It's not that hard, as keeper of the official FJ list, I have a flash drive with a large spreadsheet to track everyone.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, nst said:

I think Ben was pretty vocal about how he thought Jessa was really pretty and he loved her.  I think I can remember that he went on and on about her. 

Oh, yes, I remember Ben saying that. But none of the Duggars, right? It's just so silly to me! But, fundies. :roll:

2 hours ago, Galbin said:

The end of this has some hand sex moments. 2:37 onwards.

Snip

Wow! It's really quite something to see him spitting those holier-than-thou lines about purity and trust within a marriage, knowing what we know now. Equal parts hilarious and sad in a way.

Also, I always remembered him as being smug, but damn, I think I forgot just how much of a smug a-hole he was.

(And did I see that correctly? He was reading a bible while driving?!?)

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Must be weird for Jill. She was a Bride at 23 and now she'll get to be Mother of the Bride at 26. 

Other than that, guess the number of fucks I give about the news?

(Zero. The answer is zero.)

I think I just died..... this post is so savage. 

This is hard to grasp because we watched joy grow up. 

I just have the image of the older girls discussing what they would like in a future spouse, during Priscilla's wedding, and joy awkwardly thrown into the convo, her hair obviously done by her sisters, her arms folded the entire time because she looks uncomfortable.She wasn't even included in their stupid relationship guide book, because she wasn't asked relationship questions.

Something about her being married upsets me. She and Carlin bates should be doing mission work together in Central America or attending clown. She's too young.

I feel bad for Joy.  Jill, Jessa, and Jinger all got People and poor Miss Joy Anna got US weekly. :( So when does the next season start?  I feel it will be like two seasons ago, no wedding prep just courting with a rushed wedding edit and all the planning the following season.  

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

For some reason I didn't realize how close in age I am to Anna. She's less than a month older than my husband, and I'm a year younger than he is. But I could not imagine having four children right now. Much less four children and a cheating scummy husband.

I'm always startled when I'm reminded how young Josh and Anna still are. After 4 kids and everything else they've been through they don't seem like they're still only in their 20's.

36 minutes ago, Bethella said:

It's not that hard, as keeper of the official FJ list, I have a flash drive with a large spreadsheet to track everyone.

I *knew* there was a spreadsheet somewhere!  Love the attention to details!

2 hours ago, Karma said:

Jill and Derick have also posted a video.

(On the Duggar family fb page)

That was a cute video, Izzy is adorable. 

No No!! Why is this breaking my heart and I don't even know them personally. And there are people out there that are extremely happy and excited about this. Why!? I predicted this horrible situation when I saw Austin on tv all those years ago. Yep, sure did! Said he would marry a Duggar girl. Now this shit is real! I'm upset about 2 nieces turning 3. My oldest niece is 18 and leaving for college in the fall. All this has me so emotional. If my oldest niece got married next year we would probably have a nervous break down.

41 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

I feel bad for Joy.  Jill, Jessa, and Jinger all got People and poor Miss Joy Anna got US weekly. :( So when does the next season start?  I feel it will be like two seasons ago, no wedding prep just courting with a rushed wedding edit and all the planning the following season.  

Well actually Jinger got an US cover. Still can't figure out WHY they are famous enough for a magazine cover.

4 minutes ago, Jilli said:

There is a digital People article 

people.com/celebrity/joy-anna-duggar-engaged-austin-forsyth/

Well FJers are out in full force or they could be FJers in the comments.  I didn't read all them but I only saw one leg humper.  That's a nice changed.

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm guessing it will depend on when the Dullards come back, if they are having Dullboy #2 in the states I'm not sure when they will be back but I'm guessing June at the latest, So JillyMuffin should be HUGE for this wedding. So since they just got engaged yesterday I'm going to say late May early June wedding.  When did J&D get married? 

Joy would never get married without her real Mom. If Jill knows that she shouldn't fly during her 3rd trimester, Joy would plan the wedding around when her Mom can be there. Maybe even wait until baby dilly #2 is here. 

That video is :my_sick:. It really is a formula. Every time a kid get's married Jim Bob talks about his own marriage. However, they really seem to be doubling-down on their core fundie (have tons of babies, have your life be a 'ministry, patriarchy etc) message in this video.

I think if repulses me more because Joy is so young and seems a lot more naive/sheltered than her older sisters. I know they've been trying to make her more of a "young lady" and have had her taking on more responsibilities. But she still seems too young emotionally for this. 

Joy also seems to be an emotional person. I don't know much about Austin, but I hope at least is empathetic and will accommodate her emotional needs and be gentle with her (Papa Forsyth was not a good example of that to him) 

13 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Well FJers are out in full force or they could be FJers in the comments.  I didn't read all them but I only saw one leg humper.  That's a nice changed.

What...are you serious? Only one leg humper? So I'm not the only one who is not jumping for joy? Well they both look happier than 2 piglets in mud. Guess being out in the country and horse back riding on a regular basis is something to look forward to. I just ain't feeling Austin's dad at all!

Getting married at 18 is ... well, been there, done that, and it didn't end well.  

To quote Tears For Fears "Married with a lack of vision" seems to be the tune of the moment....

It's interesting to hypothetically think what you would do - pull a Jana ('better the devil you know'), and stay in an environment that you are at least familiar with. I think Jana feels she is able to do some things she enjoys (her decorating hobby) and she has a position of responsibility in her father's business (she does some of the admin work, right?) and in the family.

On the other hand, life is short, and for those girls the familiar could also be suffocating. Marriage is the only route to new experiences and that could be very tempting, even with the gamble of a headship you can't or won't divorce if things aren't happily ever after. Ithink Jinger really wanted to get life started already.

Starting a family is also a worthwhile thing to do with your life (if only it was one of the worthwhile things they could do, not THE one worthwhile thing) and staying at home could feel like eternal limbo. Status in their community is also a big motivator and achieving 'womanhood'. Jessa seems to really enjoy that aspect of things.

I think I'd probably have married in my early 20s if I was part of fundie land. I'd have wanted to grow up and start doing new and different things. I would have probably been really interested in a missionary (travel and do-gooding) or someone accross the country doing something new, maybe in a big evil city.

31 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

What...are you serious? Only one leg humper? So I'm not the only one who is not jumping for joy? Well they both look happier than 2 piglets in mud. Guess being out in the country and horse back riding on a regular basis is something to look forward to. I just ain't feeling Austin's dad at all!

Yeah it looked like most were not thrilled on the People magazine article I didn't look at comments on the US weekly video.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't see why they would lie about when they got engaged. Remember Jill announced that she was courting after she actually got engaged, but then when they announced their engagement they didn't try to hide the fact that they had actually gotten engaged earlier. I'm just not understanding what purpose it would serve for them to get engaged, say, three weeks ago and then lie and say it happened yesterday. They then have to maintain that lie throughout filming, presumably while other people know the real date of their engagement. Why? What would they get out of it?

Production scheduling mostly I would assume.   Also it seems daft that they would tease a promo of Austin asking JB and air it before the actual proposal.  There is no way locals wouldn't have said something and ruined that. 

I fear this might increase the pressure on Jana. I'm under the impression that she doesn't want to get married right now. But from now on, the next 10 years or so, she'll be the only Duggar daughter of courting age. The pressure must be immense. I hope she doesn't succumb to it like Tabitha Paine did, I guess?

Also: I called it ealier and I'm calling it now. Joy will be the Duggar with most Duggar-grand-kids, starting so earlier, she'll probably have her first child at 20 and end up with around 8 children in total.

6 hours ago, freedomfromfrumpers said:

Production scheduling mostly I would assume.   Also it seems daft that they would tease a promo of Austin asking JB and air it before the actual proposal.  There is no way locals wouldn't have said something and ruined that. 

I don't see how that's daft. She would have known he was going to ask for her father's permission at some point, and just knowing the guy has gone to your father doesn't tell you when he's going to propose, or where, or how he's going to do it. And I'm not sure what production scheduling would have to do with it - I'm sure they'd just wait to get engaged during filming, not secretly get engaged and then get fake engaged for the cameras, and then have to lie for the rest of their lives about their actual engagement date. What's the point?

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because it means she will end up with more children. 

The best thing about Jana being an "old fundie maid" means she will never make it to 19 and counting. Joy being married at 19 means she could easily end up with double digits in children.

Right, I understand that, but so, why? Because she might end up with two or three more soldiers for the Lord's little army? Or are we "worried" about the havoc that two or three extra children might wreak on her poor childbearing body? It's completely idle speculation as to how many kids these girls are going to have and I think it's ridiculous to assume they're all going to be as fertile as their mother.  Even if they did, are we really worried that Joy might now potentially have, say, 21 kids are opposed to "only" 18 or 17? 

I enjoy Duggar snark as much as the next person, and goodness knows I've snarked on my share of trivial things on this board, but the calculations and speculations of this type: "oh noes, if she'd waited six months, that would mean she wouldn't have a baby until Februmayvember 2020, and I don't like the shape of Austin's face so he's totally going to want sixteen children instead of only three, poor dear Joy" seem so ridiculous.  And fake-concerned.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't hate this engagement. These two have known each other much longer than other courting kids had known each other before they got engaged. On top of that, the Forsyths are another fundie family (which means that they're not leghumpers who can be owned by JB), and Joy & Austin seem to be genuinely happy together.

Yes, obviously they are young, but seriously - would waiting one, two, even three years have any noticeable effect on Joy's maturity? No. She'd be exactly the same, & exactly as ill-prepared for marriage. At least now she's getting out of the house.

The true victim in this situation is not Joy but Jana. Jana is now all alone.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived