IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

23 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Last thread here

Joy and Austin are officially engaged. Here's the link, which is also posted in the last thread:

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/joy-anna-duggar-is-engaged-to-boyfriend-austin-forsyth-w470282

NO NO NO NO NO. Goddamn it, no. She's too young. In my mind, she's still the tomboyish, carefree girl who played outside all rough and tumble with her brothers. I don't think I can stomach a Joy Anna pregnancy anytime soon, either. Ffs!

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So the talk over on the tumblrs (yes, I am a grown adult with a tumblr account that purely for following fundies...) is speculating that the wedding will take place either on the weekend of April 29th or June 5-8th, because the Fort Rock website shows those dates are already reserved. I'm guessing ends of April, because it seems the Duggars err on the side of too short engagements rather than longer ones.

The 29th works with the production schedule.  We'll see the courtship/engagement about 2-3 weeks after the wedding see a quickie edit.

41 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Jinger's engagement was US Weekly too, and then People got the wedding. 

I thought Jinger got a People cover.  I can't keep em straight anymore. 

April also puts the Duhlards are the right time to come back to the states to have #2. I could see Jill "praying for" Joy to have the wedding ASAP just so she gets to come home early from scary America. 

Didn't the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge get married on April 29th? Somehow I don't think I'll be waking up at 4 a.m. to watch Joy and Austin's wedding, though.

End of April would be pretty fast, even for the Duggars. Definitely possible, but I'd put my money on a June wedding if I had to choose.

Just now, HarleyQuinn said:

April also puts the Duhlards are the right time to come back to the states to have #2.

She is due in July, and was supposed to come back at 8 months

3 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

April also puts the Duhlards are the right time to come back to the states to have #2. I could see Jill "praying for" Joy to have the wedding ASAP just so she gets to come home early from scary America. 

Jill isn't due until July. It would be REALLY ballsy of them to come back so early after asking for $24,000. If they came back for the wedding (assuming the April date is correct) and then just stayed. they would have only been in CA for 2 months. They have to know that wouldn't be the smartest move.

33 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

So the talk over on the tumblrs (yes, I am a grown adult with a tumblr account that purely for following fundies...) is speculating that the wedding will take place either on the weekend of April 29th or June 5-8th, because the Fort Rock website shows those dates are already reserved. I'm guessing ends of April, because it seems the Duggars err on the side of too short engagements rather than longer ones.

Really? I feel like Duggar engagements all last about 3 months

Josh - Engaged June 23, married September 26 = just over 3 months

Jill - Engaged March 29, married June 21 = just under 3 months

Jessa - Engaged August 14, married November 1 = about 2.5 months

Jinger - Engaged July 25, married November 5  = about 3.5 months

*omg I hate when I make a typo and then get quoted so fixing it doesn't matter*

@elvirajane @VineHeart137 I get what you're saying, but two things. 1) I don't think they're actually going to raise that money and 2) They're not very smart. They may not be thinking what it looks like if they come back in April. What looks worse, buying two sets of plane tickets to leave, go back, then return again a few months later, or saying for good and saying something came up?

35 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm guessing June. April just seems like not enough time to plan a wedding and to send out invitations to make sure all the huge fundie families can make it. I know Joy won't do things fancy, but you still need a certain amount of time to plan a huge informal wedding. 

Yeah my bet is om June too. Jill will be back and 4 months or so makes more sense than the 2 they'd gave with an april wedding. Since the new season starts in the summer they can do a jinger2 type of airing. Wedding first, courtship and engagement later. 

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm guessing June. April just seems like not enough time to plan a wedding and to send out invitations to make sure all the huge fundie families can make it. I know Joy won't do things fancy, but you still need a certain amount of time to plan a huge informal wedding. 

But if they go for April, they have enough manufactured "OMG THERE IS SO MUCH TO COORDINATE" drama to fill a two-hour special, and they can get Sierra to plan it/run around impotently like an overly pious Muppet on ecstasy, since the Country-Chic Pinterest Vomit look is very much her thing and fits Joy's "I'm the tomboy one because I wear slightly less makeup" role.

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

J-Rod would be APOPLECTIC if she couldn't work it out in her busy sched. 

46 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

run around impotently like an overly pious Muppet on ecstasy

Can we have this as a post count title?

I'm glad I was only drinking water.

If they go for an outdoor wedding at the camp April and May are really risky weather wise.  I've seen more events than I can count get hit by thunderstorm/tornado season issues.  It really is a roll of the dice.  Early June would be safer while hopefully beating the heat.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Jill isn't due until July. It would be REALLY ballsy of them to come back so early after asking for $24,000. If they came back for the wedding (assuming the April date is correct) and then just stayed. they would have only been in CA for 2 months. They have to know that wouldn't be the smartest move.

Two/three months would be right around when they'd need to fly back to "reset" their 90-day stay allowance under Salvadorian immigration law (because they don't strike me as the types who would be terribly interested in getting their immigration ducks in a row to facilitate long-term stays).

How long have those weekends been blocked out at Fort Rock?  If they actually get married there on one of those dates wouldn't that mean that the engagement happened much sooner or would Austin have blocked out a date without Joy's input?  I can't see setting a date before the proposal.  The wedding could be taking place somewhere else so we wouldn't have a clue about a date yet.

23 hours ago, Galbin said:

In the last thread, people mentioned that his family's business was booked up in April for a wedding. So some had assumed that they were already engaged and thus were going to marry in April. I guess not now. Wondering about the timescale though. Hmm...

Sad too because 19 is just too young to get married, unless perhaps you were childhood sweethearts.

They do seem to have known eachother since they were children. And they seem to have similair interests. In a different world they would date now and see if this crush is something that can turn to love. Sadly they will find that out once they are married and have no choice but to stay together. 

20 hours ago, Bethella said:

Yes, Austin is a year and a few months older than Ben.

Duggar spouses in birth order:

• Jeremy, Sept 1987
  • Anna, June 1988
  • Derick, March 1989
  • Austin, December 1993
  • Ben, May 1995

They are all so young. Especially Ben. I can't belive he is born 1995, married and a father of two. I always think it's crazy when people that do adult things are born in the 90s though. Because I still think I'm in my mid 20s and that would make them children. :)

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

Yeah my bet is om June too. Jill will be back and 4 months or so makes more sense than the 2 they'd gave with an april wedding. Since the new season starts in the summer they can do a jinger2 type of airing. Wedding first, courtship and engagement later. 

The new season starts March 15. 

46 minutes ago, just...sare said:

Can we have this as a post count title?

I'm glad I was only drinking water.

You beat me to asking.  I was laughing too hard to type.

8 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

The new season starts March 15. 

Really?  Where did you see that? I thought they said something about starting in the summer.

25 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

They do seem to have known eachother since they were children.

At first they stated their families have been friends for 14/15 years. 

Then on the last episode, Joy said she only personal remembers meeting Austin for the first time about 5 years ago. So "knowing each other since they were children" is a real stretch imo as 5 years ago they were 14/17. 

Also very questionable of the duggars to have gone from "14/15 years" to "5" but what else is new. 

3 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Really?  Where did you see that? I thought they said something about starting in the summer.

TLC page.  It says a new chapter starts on March 15.  But that may be wrong because I watched to the end of the video and that says Tuesday and the 15 is on a Wednesday

24 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

They are all so young. Especially Ben. I can't belive he is born 1995, married and a father of two. I always think it's crazy when people that do adult things are born in the 90s though. Because I still think I'm in my mid 20s and that would make them children. :)

I just realized that Ben is the same age as my brother (even born the same month) - I cannot believe it. This dude has two children already. If I did not know they were TV personas I'd consider them "white trash" (no college, live with parents, no proper jobs, no healthy cooking, highly obsessed with a sort of drug (in this case: evangelical christianity), the list goes on). 

Just now, grandmadugger said:

TLC page.  It says a new chapter starts on March 15. 

Ok, then we'll see the courtship before the wedding happens.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived