IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Engaged!

choralcrusader8613

3 hours ago, st4rfl33t said:

GREAT. Engaged to a serial killer. With all his skills on heavy machinery and whatnot.. he could hide a body.

Seriously?  You need a chill pill, a reality check, and a swift course on what comments are thought acceptable on Free Jinger.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me, or does Austin remind anyone else of Chad Paine? 

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

But guys where is the congratulatory videos from all the siblings on her engagement?!

I thinking though that she'll pull a Jinger and take her time , like actually getting to know Austyn.

Boob and Mechelle weigh in, making it all about themselves, as usual. At the end, they do get around to the boilerplate Duggar sayings: "ministry mindset," "heart for the lord," etc. 

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Wow. Guess she'll be pregnant by years end...:my_confused:  I always had hope for her to be the one who broke free. 

I couldn't believe it when I saw it.  So the wedding is when June - Jill will by back - she will be eight months pregnant matron of honor.  How will she plan with Joy while in SCA 

JB is running out of girls. 

5 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I'm actually surprised that they said the engagement happened just yesterday.  I suppose Joy knew it was going to happen but just not officially when or something.  

(and Joy is  younger than my oldest kid.  Said kid is actually pretty mature in many ways but nowhere near ready to be someone's wife).

and no one seems to get that she got engaged the day before Josh's birthday which they also announced today. 

Did anyone notice they are holding hands in their engagement picture?

They mentioned in the video that they were able to hold hands now that they were engaged. Joy says "so that's good..." and looks kinda deflated

49 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My second cousin is married to a man that always has that PO'd look on his face- the serial killer look is pretty appropriate and accurate descriptor.

Funny thing, their little boys look exactly like him. Even the newborn baby is sporting that serial killer look- 

I've heard it called "resting bitchy face" for women, and "resting asshole face" for men. Its when you look like you're being sour even if you're just deep in thought. Austin could have resting asshole face, and just be in a serious mood (getting engaged is wonderful, but its still a serious occasion!)

I'm more alarmed that a 23 year-old man, who in Gothard/IFB culture has the freedom to call all the shots CHOOSES not to hold hands with a woman that he's courting/dating! What fricken tools these fundie men are! For all that they are lauded as manly patriarchs, not one of them has stood up and said, "With all due respect, we'd like to handhold during our courtship, and FULL hug once we're engaged to be married. Please respect this decision we have made as adults. Thank you." 

Unrelatedbut as a Contract Analyst I always laugh when I see the "IFB"  acronym for "Independant Fundamentalist Baptists" on FJ, because in contracts, "IFB" stands for invitation for bid, so I always imagine Jim Boob holding a competitive bid for who will marry his children. Jim Boob even seems to marry off his children to the lowest bidder, just like I do when I award a Contract resulting from an IFB :pb_lol:

2 minutes ago, TeamDefraudinSquad said:

I've heard it called "resting bitchy face" for women, and "resting asshole face" for men. Its when you look like you're being sour even if you're just deep in thought. Austin could have resting asshole face, and just be in a serious mood (getting engaged is wonderful, but its still a serious occasion!)

I'm more alarmed that a 23 year-old man, who in Gothard/IFB culture has the freedom to call all the shots CHOOSES not to hold hands with a woman that he's courting/dating! What fricken tools these fundie men are! For all that they are lauded as manly patriarchs, not one of them has stood up and said, "With all due respect, we'd like to handhold during our courtship, and FULL hug once we're engaged to be married. Please respect this decision we have made as adults. Thank you." 

Unrelatedbut as a Contract Analyst I always laugh when I see the "IFB"  acronym for "Independant Fundamentalist Baptists" on FJ, because in contracts, "IFB" stands for invitation for bid, so I always imagine Jim Boob holding a competitive bid for who will marry his children. Jim Boob even seems to marry off his children to the lowest bidder, just like I do when I award a Contract resulting from an IFB :pb_lol:

What's so funny is that everyone in our family comments on it- saying things (to one another, not to him) like is he mad? why does he always furrrow his brows and snarls his lips? is he deep in thought? And then when the kids are born...Oh, he looks just like dad, and they all do- same furrowed brows and forehead creases. It's just a very intense look.

19 minutes ago, dbauched said:

They mentioned in the video that they were able to hold hands now that they were engaged. Joy says "so that's good..." and looks kinda deflated

Maybe she was let down. All that build up to HAND TOUCHING'

She expected an earth shattering  :boom: and maybe just got a wet firecracker instead. 

2 minutes ago, nst said:

but she did say she was so excited to do wedding planning with Austin 

Will she use Sierra is the question ? 

And by Austin, I feel she means TLC.

If they want more courtships to keep viewers interested, JB better find people for the leftover six kids that are of legal age to marry. So far those kids are Jana, John, Joseph, Josiah, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah. 

I have mixed feelings about this... I hope Joy escapes, or, at least just leaved quiverfull. But... I have a feeling she is going to leave her tomboy personality, and just become a copy of Michelle.. or just some redneck mom deep in Texas. But I CAN'T imagine her pregnant. Sorry. she's still a teenager.(no hate towards teen moms though)

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Boob and Mechelle weigh in, making it all about themselves, as usual. At the end, they do get around to the boilerplate Duggar sayings: "ministry mindset," "heart for the lord," etc. 

Ohhh sure, yeah the girl and the guy are right next to eachother.... haha nice joke we all know you think women are less

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

Yes, Austin is a year and a few months older than Ben.

Duggar spouses in birth order:

• Jeremy, Sept 1987
  • Anna, June 1988
  • Derick, March 1989
  • Austin, December 1993
  • Ben, May 1995

For some reason I didn't realize how close in age I am to Anna. She's less than a month older than my husband, and I'm a year younger than he is. But I could not imagine having four children right now. Much less four children and a cheating scummy husband.

Coming out of lurkerdom to say ... I don't believe for a minute that was shot yesterday.  I live within proximity and spring has come early this year.  I would expect FAR more ground greenery and maybe some early weeds showing up in that video ... maybe even tree buds.  I'm laying bets that was at minimum a couple of weeks ago or more.

Guys where are all the youtube congratulations? How will I know they're happy for "y'all" without them?!

I don't see how it matters that Joy is young.  It's not as if she would gain any new life experience or wisdom from another two, three, four plus years at home.  It'd just be wiping noses and feeding siblings instead of her own kids.  She's going to live a sheltered, insular life anyway, so what difference does it make if she does it under daddy's roof or Austin's? Except for the fact that presumably she'll be happier with the latter?

3 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I don't see how it matters that Joy is young.  It's not as if she would gain any new life experience or wisdom from another two, three, four plus years at home.  It'd just be wiping noses and feeding siblings instead of her own kids.  She's going to live a sheltered, insular life anyway, so what difference does it make if she does it under daddy's roof or Austin's? Except for the fact that presumably she'll be happier with the latter?

Because it means she will end up with more children. 

The best thing about Jana being an "old fundie maid" means she will never make it to 19 and counting. Joy being married at 19 means she could easily end up with double digits in children.

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Guys where are all the youtube congratulations? How will I know they're happy for "y'all" without them?!

only her "mother" so far 

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They had to announce with that "sneak peek"  so I'm guessing we are looking at a late April early May wedding?  :my_sad:  :my_sick: 

Me too, this one is really hard because she is the same age as my son (he's exactly 1 month younger) I can't imagine him being tied down with a wife and kid(s), so much potential wasted. 

Ugh I was honestly hoping they wouldn't get engaged so quickly. I mean, I'm not exactly surprised, I was just hoping they'd at least wait another couple of months...

So long as they don't take April 29th, I won't be too impressed with sharing my wedding day with a Duggar - mostly because I'll be too busy to be on FJ :pb_lol:

I don't see why they would lie about when they got engaged. Remember Jill announced that she was courting after she actually got engaged, but then when they announced their engagement they didn't try to hide the fact that they had actually gotten engaged earlier. I'm just not understanding what purpose it would serve for them to get engaged, say, three weeks ago and then lie and say it happened yesterday. They then have to maintain that lie throughout filming, presumably while other people know the real date of their engagement. Why? What would they get out of it?

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but has one single Duggar couple ever said anything along the lines of, "I think he/she is extremely attractive"? Character qualities are great and all, but come on! Just say they're fine as hell! 

1 minute ago, iweartanktops said:

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but has one single Duggar couple ever said anything along the lines of, "I think he/she is extremely attractive"? Character qualities are great and all, but come on! Just say they're fine as hell! 

I think Ben was pretty vocal about how he thought Jessa was really pretty and he loved her.  I think I can remember that he went on and on about her. 

over time when they got engaged they got more private within themselves. 

I think that stemmed because of his age and because how derick and Jill at that time were touchy feely 

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I don't see why they would lie about when they got engaged. Remember Jill announced that she was courting after she actually got engaged, but then when they announced their engagement they didn't try to hide the fact that they had actually gotten engaged earlier. I'm just not understanding what purpose it would serve for them to get engaged, say, three weeks ago and then lie and say it happened yesterday. They then have to maintain that lie throughout filming, presumably while other people know the real date of their engagement. Why? What would they get out of it?

longevity - people would be interested more 

They have this secrecy which is obvious which is fine if they want to keep things quiet.  But again the secrecy doesn't add up sometimes.  It just screams more imo 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived